Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us)
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us) [CLOSED]
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1 Posted: 16:23:18 05/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I posted this in the Skylanders in Canada topic, but it will get more attention here.

Anywho:

[User Posted Image]

LightCore Hex Figure and exclusive Swap Force poster FREE!

*when you Pre-Order a Swap Force starter pack.Poster available only in-store.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:47 05/06/2013 by CommanderGame
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#2 Posted: 16:40:52 05/06/2013
Very nice, awesome!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks for posting weeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:11 05/06/2013 by Hexblazer
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#3 Posted: 17:31:04 05/06/2013
Thank you for posting! Great info!
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 20:15:58 05/06/2013
I'm thinking this isn't just a Canada thing, and it was lesty was referring to when he said mid-June and we would get her cheaper than we could imagine. He obviously doesn't give away too much, since his info has both been proven accurate and not public. But, this would make sense. Lightcore Hex as a pre-order bonus for Swap Force. Not a stretch that they would want to bridge the gap between now and Swap Force when Infinity is coming out in the gap.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#5 Posted: 20:29:59 05/06/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
I posted this in the Skylanders in Canada topic, but it will get more attention here.

Anywho:

[User Posted Image]

LightCore Hex Figure and exclusive Swap Force poster FREE!

*when you Pre-Order a Swap Force starter pack.Poster available only in-store.

Is that a TRU ad or?
#6 Posted: 20:37:01 05/06/2013
It is a TRU font, so I would say yes. However, it is possibly not a unique promotion just to them.
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#7 Posted: 20:40:50 05/06/2013
When does this promotion actually begin?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
#8 Posted: 21:23:29 05/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
I'm thinking this isn't just a Canada thing, and it was lesty was referring to when he said mid-June and we would get her cheaper than we could imagine. He obviously doesn't give away too much, since his info has both been proven accurate and not public. But, this would make sense. Lightcore Hex as a pre-order bonus for Swap Force. Not a stretch that they would want to bridge the gap between now and Swap Force when Infinity is coming out in the gap.

This is actually for TRU, not Target.Lol.

Quote: Dsi568
When does this promotion actually begin?

Friday.
#9 Posted: 21:53:38 05/06/2013

Lol. I know that. Lol. Check post #6. Lol. Prior to your post. Lol. Also by me.

It pays to read before you attempt to mock others for not doing so.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:47 05/06/2013 by defpally
#10 Posted: 21:56:54 05/06/2013 | Topic Creator

Lol. I know that. Lol. Check post #6. Lol. Prior to your post. Lol. Also by me.

It pays to read before you attempt to mock others for not doing so.

Oops,sorry.

But I wasn't mocking you?smilie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#11 Posted: 23:08:40 05/06/2013
Preorder SwapForce, come back next week and cancel it c:
---
words. letters. filler.
#12 Posted: 23:40:09 05/06/2013
How much is the minimun deposit for pre-order?
#13 Posted: 00:08:47 06/06/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Preorder SwapForce, come back next week and cancel it c:

That is possible, however I imagine they make you put a certain amount down and then deduct the price of the figure (or more) from the return value. They won't give it to you for nothing but the hope of coming back to buy Swap Force. That's how it works if you buy an item that includes a free gift card then return the item without the card. Probably a $20 deposit in order to get a free figure.
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#14 Posted: 01:13:23 06/06/2013
I wonder if the swap force poster included is the character poster that comes with the game, that would be amazing!
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 01:21:01 06/06/2013
Early reveal of the Swap Force characters! smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#16 Posted: 02:22:45 06/06/2013

You're right. Look for each major retailer to have a slightly different added bonus for the preorder( like toys r us with the free poster) , but LC Hex will be given away with every preorder, regardless of where you buy her. Pre orders prices vary by retailer. Target only costs $1. I imagine many of us will be preordering from more than one retailer, as the bonuses given away far exceeds the price if a ore order in most cases.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#17 Posted: 02:24:02 06/06/2013
Quote: lesty

You're right. Look for each major retailer to have a slightly different added bonus for the preorder( like toys r us with the free poster) , but LC Hex will be given away with every preorder, regardless of where you buy her. Pre orders prices vary by retailer. Target only costs $1. I imagine many of us will be preordering from more than one retailer, as the bonuses given away far exceeds the price if a ore order in most cases.

Can you say, or do you know, when the preorder for target starts?
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#18 Posted: 06:45:38 06/06/2013

He shoots, he scores! They must lack confidence that the lightcores will sell at this date, or are more afraid of Infinity than I imagined for them to have this sort of promotion that is this easy to abuse. In the past, stores that offered a bonus that is worth more than the amount down required usually don't deliver until the package is picked up/paid for in full. I guess they are trying to get people to commit to Swap Force before they start investing in the competing product (which is a vastly different game, unlike most people will realize). Either that or you won't get Hex up front, otherwise you can go to many stores, place pre-orders and never pick the game up. $1 for Lightcore Hex is a bargain.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#19 Posted: 08:18:01 06/06/2013
Quote: UncleBob
tee hee. I wonder where all those people are who gave me crap and reported this thread for "trolling" are now? smilie

Of course, this is nothing compared to June. smilie

*whistles*
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#20 Posted: 11:24:13 06/06/2013
YAY!!! A rare skylanders coming to Canada! Gonna buy her! And boys or girls that lives to canada, is there a Scarlet ninjini somewhere!?!?!? smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#21 Posted: 11:42:05 06/06/2013 | Topic Creator
E-Flyer Version so you guys can check it out with your own eyes:

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/ind...goryId=12027082
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#22 Posted: 12:25:41 06/06/2013
So, is preordering Swap Force going to be the ONLY way to get her?? Bc I want her but not the least bit interested in SW...
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#23 Posted: 12:44:22 06/06/2013
Quote: Kesrael
So, is preordering Swap Force going to be the ONLY way to get her?? Bc I want her but not the least bit interested in SW...

If the minimum deposit to pre-order SF is $10, then pre-order it just to get the LC Hex, it's not like the employee is gonna force you to get SF because you pre-ordered it.
#24 Posted: 12:52:14 06/06/2013
tee hee. I wonder where all those people are who gave me crap and reported this thread for "trolling" are now? smilie

Of course, this is nothing compared to June. smilie

*whistles*

Yes Unclebob, you were right about Molten Hot Dog and GitD Cynder and a few people didn't believe you either time and suggested you were trolling. Are you suggesting we should all be more trusting of people and just accept new info without skepticism? Because you post this exact same reminder every single time someone posts something that ends up being true. Honestly how many more strokes to your ego do you need before you feel redeemed? Because only two or three people jumped you on the Molten Hot Dog thread. Is there a particular size billboard you have in mind they should use for their groveling?
#25 Posted: 13:23:36 06/06/2013
And I was right about Polar Whirlwind (where has GM been, anyway?)... but who's keeping score. smilie

Naw, I was just pointing out that I had foretold June to be an interesting month. Combine this with lesty's previous statement:

...and all I have to say is: June will be interesting. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#26 Posted: 13:51:36 06/06/2013
Gamestop says they know nothing about Polar Whirlwind so far in the US. I haven't gone anywhere, except running when tornadoes are chasing me. Still here... still waiting for US release info.

Gamestop said to me despite them being exclusive to Gamestop in Canada, they have no info. They even told me it could be a Gamestop Canada only thing.

Who knows. Still rooting for you to win, Unc. Just waiting.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#27 Posted: 13:55:46 06/06/2013
That's bad news for U.S, lets hope it doesn't come to that since alot of people in the U.S are waiting for her for a while now
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#28 Posted: 14:08:53 06/06/2013
So just so we have this sorted out- LC Hex is going to be a preorder bonus.
Now, will we get her when we actually preorder, or when we pick up Swap Force? Because that's kind of bs that we have to wait till Swap Force release day to finish off our Giants collection.

If we get it when we put down the money for release, that's a bit hilarious because essentially people will be paying $5 for a $12 figure. And actually, unless Target puts some sort of limitation on it, you can get it for $1. I did this when Platinum/HGSS came out and ended up getting a pretty nice group of those fantastic Pokemon figs, and I kind of assume others did that as well which is why Pokemon doesn't have the preorder figures any more.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#29 Posted: 14:24:08 06/06/2013
Alright! But if I preorder 2 copies, do I get 2 hexes?
#30 Posted: 14:37:49 06/06/2013
I don't know why not--if it's one per copy--
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#31 Posted: 14:42:14 06/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Gamestop says they know nothing about Polar Whirlwind so far in the US. I haven't gone anywhere, except running when tornadoes are chasing me. Still here... still waiting for US release info.

Gamestop said to me despite them being exclusive to Gamestop in Canada, they have no info. They even told me it could be a Gamestop Canada only thing.

Who knows. Still rooting for you to win, Unc. Just waiting.

Something to think about... does Canada even have GameStops? I'm not 100% sure, but aren't all the stores in Canada branded "EBGames"? I'm pretty sure the vast majority - if not all - are.

If the figure was going to be exclusive to the Canadian division, wouldn't it have made more sense for the stickers to say "EBGames" instead of "GameStop"?
#32 Posted: 14:49:09 06/06/2013
I thought that, too, Unc. I never knew Gamestops were in Canada. However, when people posted their findings, they gave cities in that area, like Burlington Ontario.
---
brokenleg Blue Sparx Gems: 987
#33 Posted: 14:52:30 06/06/2013
I called the Toysrus' at Markville and High Tech. Both said the preorder costs $5. The former said you get the LC Hex right away but quantities are limited. The latter said you get it when you get the game. Obviously the can't both be right. Hopefully the first one is right. Waiting until October would be pointless.
#34 Posted: 14:56:51 06/06/2013
Here in British Columbia Canada there all called Eb Games, there was one Gamestop store before but different owner now so he change the store name, can't remember the name. I think Gamestop and Eb Games are same company.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:37 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#35 Posted: 15:00:01 06/06/2013
That's a great point UncleBob--Canada has EB games and if exclusive I'd totally agree that is what label would say. Wouldn't make any sense to say Gamestop.
---
#36 Posted: 15:16:31 06/06/2013
But what is the US Gamestops waiting on? Why not have them at the same time? Why not at least have an email/memo, or information stating that they will be coming in sometime soon? It's already almost mid-June.
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#37 Posted: 15:23:10 06/06/2013
Because if they did that GM78 then your hookup at gamestop would hold you 2 boxes of them. That would just be too easy. They point activision is trying to make is lets piss our fans off and release the same figure at different times in different countries bc all they do is make us rich. Who cares about the customers right? They know if they waited till 2017 to release lc hex and drobot etc. That we would still stand in line to get them. Its our own fault. Being everyone in the world to stop buying these until activision gives us what we want is impossible. It would be great if that could so maybe they would listen to the fans buying their crap and paying for their houses and cars. They know we have no self control and our mindset is gotta have them all and gotta have 6 of everyone so they can do what they want. Nobody sound be upset about how they release figures bc we have noone to blame but ourselves. Same concept as scalpers and the People that buy from them.
#38 Posted: 15:29:45 06/06/2013
Its like when they release the Skylanders: Battlegrounds Royal Double Trouble Gamestop Exclusive to U.S while Canada got the Skylanders: Battlegrounds with regular Double Trouble instead. Even though Eb Games and Gamestop are the same company.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:09 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#39 Posted: 15:50:37 06/06/2013
Exactly, Hex. See, they can have different promos.

I've been thinking about the LC Hex thing. "IF" this promo comes to the US, does it mean the ONLY way to get LC Hex, will be through this promo? I would think they need to release her at stores, incase people don't care to get into Swap Force, but want to finish their Giants collections.

They need to hurry and get S2 Drobot out. I've been having a bad feeling about wave 5's chances here in the US. What are they waiting for? Their release schedule was really cool. I - for a time - thought we would be seeing the Giants collection finished in a faster manner than Spyro's Adventure. However, it has now been drug out to annoying levels.

They need to quit beating a dead horse already, and get the last figures in the hands of everyone, so that those saving for Swap Force, can save both time and gas, in preperation of Swap Force's release. That, and it helps show customers that they do indeed care about them getting the figures as fast as possible.

One thing I can say for sure, is that if ActiBobVisions don't pull their heads out of their *****, they're going to lose a lot of customers to Infinity on the grounds alone that Infinity allows for the reservation of figures for that game. People want convienance, not a hassle. ActiBobVisions will be screwed on that principal from the onset.

ActiBobVisions knows what's in their case assortments, thus figures could be reservable. I like knowing that IF I wanted to, I could go to Gamestop at any given moment and reserve ANY launch figure for Infinity *snaps* just like that.

The Skylanders team could hit a homerun if they allowed for the reservation of each figure, from each wave, and put a hard date on them, that way early adopters of each wave could enjoy convienance, while late adopters could take their chances at the store, as waves hit over time.
---
#40 Posted: 15:52:57 06/06/2013
It might have more to do with supply than anything. The initial shipments may have just been smaller than necessary to roll out nationwide in the US, so they did it in the comparably smaller Canadian market. There are many less stores in Canada than the US (from what I found it is about 340 stores in Canada vs. 4,434 in the US). If the first shipment was only a few thousand of them, they could stock every single Canadian store with close to a full case - but that wouldn't even be enough to send ONE to each US store.
#41 Posted: 16:04:37 06/06/2013
It might have more to do with supply than anything. The initial shipments may have just been smaller than necessary to roll out nationwide in the US, so they did it in the comparably smaller Canadian market. There are many less stores in Canada than the US (from what I found it is about 340 stores in Canada vs. 4,434 in the US). If the first shipment was only a few thousand of them, they could stock every single Canadian store with close to a full case - but that wouldn't even be enough to send ONE to each US store.

So just like Royal Double Trouble, Gamestop Exclusive to U.S but not for Eb Games Canada? Even though Gamestop and Eb Games are the same company. Or was it enough shipment to Gamestop U.S only thats why they didn't release it to Canada? If activision do ship some more of Skylanders Battlegrounds Royal Double Trouble Gamestop Exlusive, what are the chances they'll ship them to Canada?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:17:33 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#42 Posted: 16:33:04 06/06/2013
Quote: Hexblazer
So just like Royal Double Trouble, Gamestop Exclusive to U.S but not for Eb Games Canada? Even though Gamestop and Eb Games are the same company. Or was it enough shipment to Gamestop U.S only thats why they didn't release it to Canada? If activision do ship some more of Skylanders Battlegrounds Royal Double Trouble Gamestop Exlusive, what are the chances they'll ship them to Canada?

That's a lot of questions that likely no one here can answer. I was only suggesting that the shipment to Canada first for Polar just *might* have a reason other than Activision being the equivalent of Dastardly twirling his evil mustache laughing at Skylanders fans as he dangles figures just out of our reach.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:34 06/06/2013 by defpally
#43 Posted: 19:16:35 06/06/2013
Hm. I do have to partially go back on my "June" comment. Looks like the major news won't be out until September... but that's hardly a top-secret thing - I'm sure most everyone here would have assumed "September" for information. smilie

We'll see a trickle of info this month, but not the exciting stuff I was expecting.
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#44 Posted: 19:20:24 06/06/2013
RE: LC Hex promo from Toys R Us... It doesn't say "Toys R Us Exclusive" so I am hoping that it will be available at Walmart or EB Games. I spoke to a Toys R Us employee and he said you wouldn't get the LC Hex until you picked up the SwapForce in October. STUPID!! That is the last one I need and I want this "HUNT" to be over for the summer. Here is hoping that it comes soon then to Walmart or EB Games!
#45 Posted: 20:03:26 06/06/2013
I just called TRU and the employee said when you pre-order Swap Force you'll get LC smilie for free but they 'll give it when the Swap Force is out which is October lol, i hope they'll release LC smilie on the shelf soon and not bother about pre-ordering Swap Force and waiting for LC smilie until October even though its free. Also i have a bestbuy gift card so ill get the Swap Force in Bestbuy instead.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:13:52 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#46 Posted: 20:20:40 06/06/2013
Called several reliable TRU stores in Ontario, and they "don't have LC Hex in hand, tomorrow you get the post and in October you get the figure". This is balogne. Why would I want a Giants figure when I pick up Swap Force!? IF it was a free Swap Force figure when I pre-order the game, that makes WAY more sense.

I agree with GM78, Disney Infinity is handling the figures SOOOO much better by making them each orderable (if that's a word). My daughter and I have one of each pre-ordered, so on launch day we won't be frantically fighting for them like every Skylander release day.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
#47 Posted: 20:50:36 06/06/2013
Quote: brokenleg
I called the Toysrus' at Markville and High Tech. Both said the preorder costs $5. The former said you get the LC Hex right away but quantities are limited. The latter said you get it when you get the game. Obviously the can't both be right. Hopefully the first one is right. Waiting until October would be pointless.

I called back Markville to clarify and spoke to some else. They said that only about the first 20 people will get the free LC Hex and they won't get it until the pick up Swap Force in the fall. Seems pointless to me. I'd rather buy LC Hex when it comes out in a couple of weeks than wait until Swap Force comes out. There will be plenty of new characters to try when Swap Force comes out.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#48 Posted: 20:55:09 06/06/2013

I called back Markville to clarify and spoke to some else. They said that only about the first 20 people will get the free LC Hex and they won't get it until the pick up Swap Force in the fall. Seems pointless to me. I'd rather buy LC Hex when it comes out in a couple of weeks than wait until Swap Force comes out. There will be plenty of new characters to try when Swap Force comes out.

This is news to me. I assumed the figure would be available immediately. Why would they give away a lightcore figure from Giants when you're buying Swap force? I'm not saying you're information is incorrect, just confused. I'll do some more checking.
#49 Posted: 21:02:24 06/06/2013
I'm getting this really strong vibe Activision is toying with the idea of making it so the last figures for the previous game won't be out until the next game ships. I don't think that will be the case this year mainly because Hex and Drobot are already out in some regions, but this is definitely testing the waters to see how many people would wait that long for a figure who's sole purpose is collection completion (two Hex figures already out, including the S2 that has more features) if they give it for free. It isn't a stretch to think Activision wants Skylander searching to be on our mind year round. We will likely see her for sale soon in fairly limited numbers alongside the pre-order offer to see what people bite on.

I still think the best plan for them would be to bridge the summer gap with an expansion game instead (no new figures/engine - just a new story and levels using the same assets as the previous one). Ship it as disc only, or even make it a downloadable title. It would give fans more to chew for their collections and keep the franchise fresh for the fall new game and series.

And yes, they need to move to a more video game model and away from a toy model. Obviously that is more difficult given the lead time of making figures (you can press/ship discs in days), but I'm sure they could make it work for pre-orders. The biggest problem is that it is easy to know that you can make ALOT of Hot Dog Battle Packs for a pre-order, for example, but predicting demand for a repose is obviously tougher. If you predict wrong, you have a load of stock no one wants and it could kill the franchise (think ET for Atari). Too few and you have to rush to keep up (think January last year for Skylanders).
#50 Posted: 21:03:28 06/06/2013

This is news to me. I assumed the figure would be available immediately. Why would they give away a lightcore figure from Giants when you're buying Swap force? I'm not saying you're information is incorrect, just confused. I'll do some more checking.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm just reporting what I was told. Why would I want LC Hex when Swap Force comes out? I'd want to try out one of the new characters at that point. Of course I wouldn't complain about getting it for free but I'm not rushing out tomorrow to line up. Note that this is what I was told from 2 Canadian Toys R US locations and may not be true for Target or other stores.
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me