Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Play Wii U Games From E3 at Select Best Buy Stores: Share your Experience
Page 1 of 1
Play Wii U Games From E3 at Select Best Buy Stores: Share your Experience [CLOSED]
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#1 Posted: 23:04:21 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
This is somewhat old news and those of you who keep up to date with your Nintendo Directs should already know this, but Nintendo and Best Buy have partnered up. The title explains most of it, but some more details include that the games will be playable from 4:00 to 8:00 PM in the local time zones on Wednesday June 12th and 1:00 to 5:00 PM in the local time zones on Saturday June 15th and there will be 110 participating stores, 89 in the U.S. and 21 in Canada. The participating U.S. stores are listed here, while the Canadian ones are listed here. So, if you want to try out some of the upcoming Wii U games or want a taste of what it's like to be at E3, try to stop by your local Best Buy.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:17:22 13/06/2013 by bonbonsalad
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 22:43:16 31/05/2013
I hated when they did this with Skylanders: Giants.

They had the ENTIRE display set up, but stupid baseball was playing on it.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:52 31/05/2013 by Matteomax
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#3 Posted: 06:56:50 01/06/2013
^ That exact same thing happened to me, too. I also drove a long distance to reach my participating Best Buy and they were pretty rude when I asked them if they could get it working.

I sure hope nothing similar to that happens with these.

Thankfully with this event, a closer Best Buy to me is participating =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 03:46:37 02/06/2013
Oh hey, there's one within a reasonable distance of me...
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 06:19:44 02/06/2013
^ Nice!

_

I wonder if it'll be crowded and if many people know about these events.

Oh yeah, thanks bonbonsalad for sharing this information =)!
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

#6 Posted: 14:36:44 02/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Nice!

_

I wonder if it'll be crowded and if many people know about these events.

Oh yeah, thanks bonbonsalad for sharing this information =)!

Well, both of the Nintendo blogs I follow posted about it and it was apparently in a recent Nintendo direct, so most people really into Nintendo are likely to know about it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy said something about it in their flyers. I live in Canada, and I haven't seen anything about this in the Canadian flyers, but I did see something about E3.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
#7 Posted: 01:02:47 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok guys, I've got the Canadian location list now. I'll add it to the main post. The only reason I'm making this post is to bump the topic and raise awareness for the update for those who don't notice it.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#8 Posted: 02:31:06 09/06/2013
OMG OMG OMG

THERE'S ONE RIGHT NEXT TO ME

ONLY 10 MINUTES AWAY

Must convince my parents!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#9 Posted: 02:50:38 09/06/2013
Mine is 1 hour away >.>
---
words. letters. filler.
#10 Posted: 22:55:33 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok guys, two things; one, the four games playable are Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD. Two, I'm at Best Buy right now. Unfortunately, there's about an 1 1/2 hour wait, and you can only play one game for about seven minutes according to an employee. I'm on the waiting list though, and I'm looking forward to it, and I can play around with the various devices while I wait, so hooray!
EDIT: Ok, I'm home now. So, here's a summary of what happened: I played two levels of Super Mario 3D World after waiting for a while, talking a bit to the other gamers and playing on my 3DS and afterwards, I was able to take a souvenir; I was able to pick out of three: a Luigi hat, a Year of Luigi coin or a Mario Kart 8 flag; I picked the hat. I'm planning on returning on Saturday to play Mario Kart 8 and get the flag.
Bonus: Pic of hat:
[User Posted Image]
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:46 13/06/2013 by bonbonsalad
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#11 Posted: 03:00:55 13/06/2013
I want that hat. *twitches *
---
BREATHE AIR.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#12 Posted: 16:37:32 13/06/2013
I might go, there is one in Kissimmee, fairly close to me. Don't know if I would wait an hour though.
#13 Posted: 17:18:39 13/06/2013
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it yesterday, but I'm going to try to make it on Saturday.

Nice Luigi hat, by the way =)!

Wow, a hour and a half wait!? Hopefully mine won't be that crowded, but it's in a somewhat highly populated area and at a mall, so it's probably going to be packed.
---

#14 Posted: 18:34:35 13/06/2013
I'm going on Saturday with a friend, hopefully they'll have Luigi hats there for us. Cause Luigi is numbah one!
---
#15 Posted: 22:44:14 13/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it yesterday, but I'm going to try to make it on Saturday.

Nice Luigi hat, by the way =)!

Wow, a hour and a half wait!? Hopefully mine won't be that crowded, but it's in a somewhat highly populated area and at a mall, so it's probably going to be packed.

Yeah, there actually wasn't that many people there (about 10 to 20, I'd say) and mine is in a Canadian city that had two locations in it (Calgary), so you might be out of luck. Try to get there early!

Also, if anyone sees anything of this sort, be sure to report it. I didn't see anything like it at my location, but like I said, I was at a Canadian location that was likely less populated than most.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
#16 Posted: 22:52:53 13/06/2013
^ Thanks for the advice, I'll head down there as early as I can.

Actually, there's a very high chance that could happen at my Best Buy, since I live in Washington State (there are multiple Microsoft buildings here and I'm not too far from where Microsoft's headquarters is), so I wouldn't be surprised if I see that happen when I go. I promise to take pics (my phone's image quality isn't great, but it's better than nothing). Oh yeah, Nintendo of America is also here, so I would think that they would be keeping a close eye on that report.
---

zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#17 Posted: 01:41:24 14/06/2013
THEY ALWAYS NEVER VISIT IDAHO!!!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#18 Posted: 20:57:36 15/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, back from my second trip. I had something lengthy written but accidentally deleted it, so I'll just post pics of the items I got:

Luigi Hat (already shown):
[User Posted Image]
Mario Kart Flag:
[User Posted Image]
Year of Luigi Coin:
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#19 Posted: 21:16:03 15/06/2013
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/...omote-xbox-one/
#20 Posted: 22:38:37 15/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rendar

I've already posted about that.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#21 Posted: 23:46:37 15/06/2013
The only Best Buy I could have gone to was in Seattle. That's an hour away for me. I went to a much closer Best Buy, but it wasn't there. Only Seattle. :I What crap.
#22 Posted: 23:53:19 15/06/2013
I went to it today. I loved me some Mario Kart 8. The GamePad controls just like the Gamecube controller did for Double Dash and Wii. 3D World and Donkey Kong were fun too. Also got myself a Luigi hat. I'm totally wearing it to Crazy Hat Day at the camp I'm working at.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:58 20/06/2013 by HIR
#23 Posted: 00:01:39 16/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
I went to it today. I loved me some Mario Kart 8. The GamePad controls just like the Gamecube controller did for Double Dash and Wii. 3D World and Donkey Kong were fun too. Also got myself a Luigi hat. I'm totally wearing it to Crazy Hate Day at the camp I'm working at.

Get a Year of Luigi coin or Mario Kart flag? Any Microsoft employees trying to convince you to get an Xbox One?
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
#24 Posted: 00:06:09 16/06/2013
Quote: bonbonsalad
I went to it today. I loved me some Mario Kart 8. The GamePad controls just like the Gamecube controller did for Double Dash and Wii. 3D World and Donkey Kong were fun too. Also got myself a Luigi hat. I'm totally wearing it to Crazy Hat Day at the camp I'm working at.

Get a Year of Luigi coin or Mario Kart flag? Any Microsoft employees trying to convince you to get an Xbox One?

No, I didn't want the flag and the coins weren't there. And there weren't any Microsoft people there. Despite the rumor and photo from NeoGAF, I think it might be Best Buy screwing with us, because they plan to put a "Windows Store" in their stores in the future. <.<
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:17 20/06/2013 by HIR
#25 Posted: 22:27:17 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Was anyone else able to make it?
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#26 Posted: 13:55:11 20/06/2013
I did.
1 micro$oft employe said
Hey why buy a wii u when Xbox one is around the corner
I mutter
Wii u is already out.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#27 Posted: 15:15:30 20/06/2013
I went to it today. I loved me some Mario Kart 8. The GamePad controls just like the Gamecube controller did for Double Dash and Wii. 3D World and Donkey Kong were fun too. Also got myself a Luigi hat. I'm totally wearing it to Crazy Hate Day at the camp I'm working at.

WOAH! Stand back everybody! HIR is out for blood! smilie
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#28 Posted: 15:20:43 20/06/2013
Yes, and you'll make a good first victim. :3

*mauls awesomerockets to death and hides the body*
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#29 Posted: 15:39:47 20/06/2013
Yes, and you'll make a good first victim. :3

*mauls awesomerockets to death and hides the body*

I kinda walked straight into that one smilie
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#30 Posted: 18:56:06 20/06/2013
I went to my local Best Buy in Lynnwood, WA. It was very fun and not quite as crowded as I thought. I got a Luigi Coin and a Luigi hat (I had someone else waiting with me so they could get the hat for me =P).

I played Mario Kart 8. I almost wasn't able to get to play due to the person who took my name down forgetting to write what game that I was waiting for. Thankfully, a kid needed to play one too, so they were able to squeeze us in between two demo waiting times and we played Mario Kart 8 together. I lost to him smilie, but it was pretty fun. I prefer the Wii mote controls to the game (maybe because I'm used to it) over the Wii U gamepad.

There weren't any Microsoft employees there, but someone told me and I overheard other people saying that there was one on the first day of the event telling people to preorder a Xbox One right away because they're in such high demand.

My 3DS passed at least 22 other people who had one on them, which well over half of them were playing Animal Crossing New Leaf, the rest were playing Mario Kart 7 (someone started a full racing group).

Overall, I had quite a fun time and I hope that another event, like this, happens again soon in my area (not much happens here smilie).

I hope that all of you had a good time, too =)!
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me