Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A little rant... [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 15:54:24 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Why does everyone think that Skylanders is bad? I mean can you honestly say that youve played through at least one game, bought a couple figures, and didn't like it, because then it is a valid opinion. But most of you here just say: Skynewbz suck cuz it isnt even spyro any moar! It is part of the Spyro franchise, and is a good game. Most people that say Skynewbz suck cuz it isnt even spyro any moar, probably havent picked up the game and played it! I liked it, but couldnt afford to buy any more, so I stopeed playing the games. To sum up what I am trying to get out there is this:
If you've played most of the game, and if you wanted to, buyed some figures, and still dislike it: Ok, whatever that's your opinion.
If you've never played any of the game, and just said it was bad because you thought it wasnt Spyro: NOT Ok, you cant hate other fanbases without trying it.

Sorry, it just annoys me with topics like:What do you hate? And Everyone is like: SKYLANDERS/SKYLANDERS FANS!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!111!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 16:00:19 29/05/2013
Quote: joerox123
It is part of the Spyro franchise, and is a good game.

Gonna have to stop you right there. It's not part of the Spyro franchise. It was born from the ashes of the Spyro franchise, but it is its own separate franchise with very large sales figures. For the record, I have sampled the games and some of the characters. I don't own it. But that's because I KNOW it's not something I'm interested in. Skylanders is find for what it is. A nice family-friendly fantasy romp for the young kids. But it's not on my radar at all. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#3 Posted: 16:00:49 29/05/2013
I don't hate Skylanders.
I'm also a Skylanders fan.
(Some of the fans can be a little annoying though, but that's inevitable.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#4 Posted: 16:01:27 29/05/2013

• Some people joke about hating Skylanders just to anger the Skylanders fans.
  • Some people think they are being serious so just join in to be part of the "cool kids"
  • Some people actually hate Skylanders because it's not their type of game and they are like "How dare they make a game that I won't like?"
  • Some are hardcore Spyro fans that are angered that Spyro's image has been changed and that this replaced the game that Spyro could have had.
  • Some don't like it but don't care.
  • Some don't care nor have an opinion on it.

Point it, there will always be these type of people. Even in the stupidest of places. It's just how things are and will always be. Trying to fight this off is practically impossible.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:02:12 29/05/2013 by wspyro
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#5 Posted: 17:02:10 29/05/2013
they didnt change spyro is just on HD defenition
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#6 Posted: 17:20:00 29/05/2013
I don't think it is bad at all, I personally love it.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Meta Knight Green Sparx Gems: 359
#7 Posted: 17:30:21 29/05/2013
I think they're adorable but they are kind of a waste of money as Toys For Bob are pumping out games faster than Kim Kardashian gets boyfriends.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#8 Posted: 17:59:39 29/05/2013
Quote: Meta Knight
I think they're adorable but they are kind of a waste of money as Toys For Bob are pumping out games faster than Kim Kardashian gets boyfriends.

Yeah, the first one was good. The second one got kinda gimmicky. The third one looks about on par with the Xbox One reveal...
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#9 Posted: 18:02:57 29/05/2013
it's because skylanders sucks, get over it kid
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#10 Posted: 18:24:18 29/05/2013
Quote: EmperorKaos
they didnt change spyro is just on HD defenition

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#11 Posted: 18:42:33 29/05/2013
  • Has played through entire first game's story mode.
  • Has 10 Figures.
  • 92% Completed entire game.
  • Doesn't like it.

• (This was about me BTW.......)
    Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
    #12 Posted: 19:34:52 29/05/2013
    Well, the exact same could be said about Skylanders fans hating on the Classic games because they aren't "Amazing quality!!!!!!" or some shiz.
    ---
    Quote: Paytawn
    oh my god
    ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
    #13 Posted: 19:50:28 29/05/2013
    Quote: Pixilism
    Quote: Jaggedstar
    Well, the exact same could be said about Skylanders fans hating on the Classic games because they aren't "Amazing quality!!!!!!" or some shiz.

They were back in their day though. :L

new kids think our games were ugly
    look at skylanders

classic spyro is love, classic spyro is life
    ---
    BREATHE AIR.
    MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
    #14 Posted: 19:55:35 29/05/2013
    Pretty sure 54% of the skylanders haters haven't played the game yet. It's still the same purple dragon even if his appearence is different.
    ---
    the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
    wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
    #15 Posted: 20:12:04 29/05/2013
    Quote: MoonHorizons
    Pretty sure 54% of the skylanders haters haven't played the game yet. It's still the same purple dragon even if his appearence is different.

I agree it is still Spyro...
    ---
    #16 Posted: 22:26:25 29/05/2013
    Quote: Pixilism
    Quote: Jaggedstar

They were back in their day though. :L

Yes but now, it's being shot down because it isn't.
    ---
    oh my god
    Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
    #17 Posted: 22:27:34 29/05/2013
    Quote: Big Green
    it's because skylanders sucks, get over it kid

Agreed.
    JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
    #18 Posted: 22:30:15 29/05/2013
    I liked what I played of Skylanders, but I didn't like it enough to pay for it. Plus not having a this-gen console doesn't help, either.
    ---
    You gotta believe! Heh heh.
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
    #19 Posted: 05:20:21 31/05/2013
    Well I can agree with you on that thought Joe, but Skylanders is the baby phoenix that came out of the ashes of the Spyro franchise.

To tell you the truth I wasn't even gonna bother buying the first one, but when I took a closer look of the technology, I was like "I'll get over Spyro's weird face and try the game out. Heck maybe collect the figures, they might be worth something in the future." My dad agreed about the last part. I also did some research in the "Spyro's Kingdom" stuff and that game was HORRIBLE! Because they were planning such crap. Here I'll list down the things I find terrible in that game.

• Paying real money or virtual stuff that can easily get stolen through hacking.
  • Stupid pointless boundaries such as, if you can fly in the game why are fences blocking you?
  • When the Protagonist turns evil with no conclusion of why that is.
  • When the Star character(s) are not even in the game at all.
  • Or it's a game that is mainly questless. I mean What the hell are you supposed to do?!

• Reasons why I like Skylanders (on the other hand)

• Paying real money for real figures that would not get hacked.
  • Plenty of things in the story to do.
  • Your protagonist is still a protagonist.
  • Some cool looking characters, actually A LOT OF CHARACTERS TO PLAY AS.
  • The design in the levels.
  • The side characters have a personality.

• But, it does have some draw backs such as:

• A possible chance of someone stealing your figure.
  • Technology malfunction.
  • Figures can be quite expensive.
  • Why is there no jumping? (console wise)
  • Again with the flight boundary thing.
  • A mystery antagonist story with no ending. (I meant Malefor)
  • And Camera views on the consoles. At least they made it somewhat workable though.
  • ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
    #20 Posted: 10:47:25 31/05/2013
    I like the game and the concept, and own over 20 figures. I just don't think it has the same appeal for me because all the magic is gone. I can just kill everyone easily (NARWHAL!) and take down bosses with a Darklight Crypt. I have about 20 lives. Nightmare's still hard but I like to play it with a friend. I wish the game was still harder anyway and had new in-game things instead of just a new kind of Skylander.
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
    #21 Posted: 01:06:23 01/06/2013
    Quote: fireofexile
    I like the game and the concept, and own over 20 figures. I just don't think it has the same appeal for me because all the magic is gone. I can just kill everyone easily (NARWHAL!) and take down bosses with a Darklight Crypt. I have about 20 lives. Nightmare's still hard but I like to play it with a friend. I wish the game was still harder anyway and had new in-game things instead of just a new kind of Skylander.

Maybe they would have a challenge of where you cannot change skylanders but, in all in a row boss fight. With a chance of 4-5 skylanders on the field at a time.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
    #22 Posted: 03:06:51 01/06/2013
    I just honestly hate it because it's a huge cash cow. It's annoying as hell, and it's becoming activision's next milled-over one-shooter-war-game.

woo opinions
    they are like butts. we all have one, and they all stink.
    basically
    SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
    #23 Posted: 06:14:16 01/06/2013
    I've played the entire first game, and a third of the second. I didn't finish the second because it couldn't hold my interest, and the puzzles were annoying and sometimes overly difficult (not to mention frustrating). My sister and I own almost every Skylander.

And I do not like it anymore. Is that really so hard to accept?

Quote: HIR
    Gonna have to stop you right there. It's not part of the Spyro franchise. It was born from the ashes of the Spyro franchise, but it is its own separate franchise with very large sales figures. For the record, I have sampled the games and some of the characters. I don't own it. But that's because I KNOW it's not something I'm interested in. Skylanders is find for what it is. A nice family-friendly fantasy romp for the young kids. But it's not on my radar at all. <.<

Also this.
    crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
    #24 Posted: 06:17:27 01/06/2013
    I like the first game, it reminded me of how I felt when I was playing AHT at first. The second game however, while it was alright I didn't really enjoy it as much as the first and just .. left halfway through because I just didn't feel like playing it anymore. I'll try Swapforce as it looks more different and new (jumping, yey), but I agree sometimes people take it too far with the hate.

I don't really mind the haters anymore, it's their opinion and I have a different one c:
    wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
    #25 Posted: 14:47:40 01/06/2013
    I liked the first game and thought it was fun. I've always liked the concept of collecting the toys, though I've never bothered to get them all. I enjoyed Giants even more, but I haven't beaten it t yet. The third one looks good, but I've simply lost interest, and I might not be getting it for a LONG time due to money issues. I'd rather have Pokemon anyway, and I'm worried enough about whether or not I'll be getting it near the release date.

As for the haters, they have a right to their opinions. But I really wouldn't know if that stuff actually goes on, to be honest. I haven't gone into the Skylanders sections in months. However, if haters are giving fans a hard time for liking the games and are taking the hate thing too far, I don't agree with it, but the fans are just going to have to ignore them or accept their opinions and move on with life. It's not worth arguing over, as I see it.
    SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
    #26 Posted: 17:38:21 01/06/2013
    i'm not one of those "haters" who just goes into a topic and bashes the person or people specifically. i announce my opinion, and leave.

and whoever speaks to me within the topic, i speak with.
    If it is negative toward my opinion, I question why they react this way toward me. And most of the time, they are trying to make me feel bad about the opinion i have.

If it is positive and they agree with me, I say that I am happy with them. And if they bring up other good points, I also agree with them on that, and it mostly leads to more opinions.
    Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
    #27 Posted: 18:03:42 01/06/2013
    Skylanders are awesome
    ---
    Yep still around just not posting much anymore
    Brightscales Ripto Gems: 445
    #28 Posted: 18:05:01 01/06/2013
    i geniunely dont give a crap about spyro anymore
    #29 Posted: 18:07:16 01/06/2013
    Quote: Brightscales

Why??
    Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
    #30 Posted: 18:07:45 01/06/2013
    [plays spyro 1]
    Brightscales Ripto Gems: 445
    #31 Posted: 18:09:24 01/06/2013
    Quote: TorchSheep
    Quote: Brightscales

Why??

i still like spyro, but i dont care enough to rant/dicuss him anymore like i used to all the time back in the day other every little thing
    ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
    #32 Posted: 18:13:55 01/06/2013
    classic spyro is best spyro
    r-gyument is fin
    ---
    BREATHE AIR.
    Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
    #33 Posted: 19:29:20 01/06/2013
    the only good thing about skylanders is the OST, you know its true
    #34 Posted: 19:40:57 01/06/2013
    Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
    classic spyro is best spyro
    r-gyument is fin

spyro is the sun spyro is the moon
    ---
    oh my god
    #35 Posted: 19:42:52 01/06/2013
    Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
    the only good thing about skylanders is the OST, you know its true

The only song from Skylanders that stands out is Leviathan Lagoon IMO. I really like that one smilie
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me