Page 1 of 1
SSA Money Cheat [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 03:09:06 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Have you guys tried this? Does it work on PS3? From the video it says tested only on Xbox. This looks better than even the cheat on SG.

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:13 29/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
#2 Posted: 03:16:45 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Here's one specific to the PS3 by copying the save file to another profile before you destroy the pilar or visit Auric at game's end.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to start a new game file.

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#3 Posted: 03:35:44 29/05/2013
For the PS3 one wouldn't it be quicker to just keep visiting Auric and not worrying about the pillar?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#4 Posted: 02:41:03 30/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: mantez
For the PS3 one wouldn't it be quicker to just keep visiting Auric and not worrying about the pillar?

For me, yes...it's like those elemental doors in SG...if you use the profile trick...he's cheap and won't do it more than once without that tip.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 03:58:05 30/05/2013
As far as I know, from a coding standpoint the PS3 and the XBox versions are identical. Whatever is true about one is true about the other (I haven't read about anything this isn't true for).

Unfortunately I finished my SSA on my XBox last summer, so I'm WAY too late to check either of these, LOL! And don't feel inclined to start a new game just to get them.

------------

Now that I'm fully watching the PS3 one, that's exploiting something about the PS3 system, so no, THAT won't work on XBox, LOL! In fact, I've tried copying the Save Game files before (to back up my save game for the gem cheat in Giants), and even though I have multiple profiles, I didn't have any available destinations. Not elsewhere on the hard drive, not another profile, nothing. The XBox system wouldn't let me copy to the same hard drive. Looks like I'll have to get a USB key for this, because my existing keys it says I would have to wipe all the data. smilie

Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: mantez

For me, yes...it's like those elemental doors in SG...if you use the profile trick...he's cheap and won't do it more than once without that tip.

PRETTY sure Mantez means it would be faster to visit Auric, exit, reload the game, visit Auric, etc.... Just to avoid taking the time to switch between 8 Skylanders every time. smilie WITH this tip.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:38 30/05/2013 by niceguy1
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#6 Posted: 23:56:43 01/06/2013
The first one on the PS3 was a pain. Doing alone is slow going. Found it lagged and I didn't have that much money on the ground. It stopped me from picking up money and went to placing character 1 on portal and than placing character 2 on the portal. Or too many characters on the portal. The portal was in a place where the character couldn't move. It also freezed alot. Gave up on this cheat.

To make the second one go faster I purchased the Biogenik portal expansion. Put them in order that they appear on the element tower in the Ruins. It's Undead, Air, Life, Earth, Water, Tech, Magic and Fire.
Kept the tiny remote that comes with the expansion in left hand and just click right after a character knocked it down. As soon as the fire hits I quickly clicked the character I wanted. Money fell and character got it quickly.
Some money will be close to falling off the edge. Switching the character quickly will get you to the money before it goes over the cliff. Got 50,000 and a very short period for slam bam.
Tip use a character that can fly to Auric. It goes so much quicker.

If your character are upgraded to 10 restarting and getting to the end goes quickly. Used the time trial paths to get thru quickly. Only picked up items if they were in that pathway. Make it go faster get a second player to help out.

Saw that someone did use Cheat #2 with their XBox.
You need a USB device or a Memory Unit.
#7 Posted: 02:31:47 03/06/2013
Oh wow! I think I actually saw that Biogenik device in the store, but I dismissed as just being Skylander organizing, and I can get THAT from my case's lid/mat.... Saw it demoed on a YouTube video.

And it's weird you had trouble with the first one, you just need two controllers. Control the Fire guy into the campfire, then switch controllers. Doesn't seem too hard. (Too many Skylanders would only happen if you quit the game with one controller, or if you tried putting 3 figures on the portal. Sounds like you just confused yourself while trying to get this to work...
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#8 Posted: 05:39:47 03/06/2013
I did use the 2 controllers. Used Ignitor for fire and Gill for the water. It would lag if I got too much money or freeze. Went with less money and when I went to collect it was okay at first. Than it starting showing Player 1 Gill been put on to the portal and than Player 2 put on to the portal. Went to move Gill to pick up the coins and it would do it again showing characters been placed on the portal. Just had 2 characters on the portal.
It would do it 2 or 3 times in a row and I spend more time shutting the PS3 down than collecting money.

I was very happy with the Biogenik device. I have a lazy boy recliner chair and put the foot rest up. Place the device on there. The characters don't move around. Just have to remember to point the remote down at the numbers.

I have 2 portals and use the SSA one on the device. Put the little USB card into the device and leave it there. Just have to put the battery portal on the device. It easier than put the cord thru the hole, wrapping it around the bottom and than trying to plug it in.

Only 4 large giants works on the device.
#9 Posted: 04:18:29 04/06/2013
THAT'S weird, because the demo video I found they put all 8 Giants on it. And they switched between all 8 I think, so it was working... Actually, I saw the Biogenik device in the store today... I was aiming to get a Sidekick, though, and the guy said that didn't count for the promotion (I only had enough money for one or the other).

And I don't know what to tell you... I have an XBox, roughly an equivalently-powerful system to the PS3, and I've never had lag trouble with two figures on the portal at the same time. I haven't tried this trick, but I've had a bunch of money on screen before.

IDK, maybe when you remove Gill Grunt, you're putting him too close to the portal? Figures NEXT to the portal can still be read by the portal, especially if they're touching it.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#10 Posted: 19:12:09 11/06/2013
I also experience lag when im doing that money glitch on my 360. its prolly just to much money on the screen at one time. but its the only time I ever had lag in the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me