Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Xbox One Jokes [CLOSED]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#51 Posted: 11:31:41 16/06/2013
"I'm going to buy a $500 dollar machine to plug into my $2,000 TV to watch TV!" - My mom.

The preorders for the Xbox one are gone at the GameStop we go to. My thought was "Well, they are going to need burning material when the PS4 comes out this Christmas."
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#52 Posted: 12:07:39 16/06/2013
Essentially I don't think that guy is really a Microsoft employee at all. For one thing, him singing praises about the company implies he actually likes his job, so why would he put his job on the line if he genuinely likes it, and wasn't just doing it for a pay check?
And like I said, he contradicts part of what Microsoft already said.
And when I said he was "vague", I meant about the console details. He simply said, for example that "Xbox One will have TV features and it's great to have all of that on one box", ignoring the fact that to watch TV on Xbox, you must pay providers of TV services an additional fee to use their services on Xbox, as well as a base fee for a TV app. Which completely defeats the purpose of an "All in One" console - if Microsoft were truly making an all in one console, they would apply it to the payment of the consoles services - buy the console, use it's services at no additional cost (except for online play because it is understandable and reasonable to have to pay for that). This is simply not the case. Microsoft will have you paying extra little fees for so many things on the console.

I know myself used games aren't all sugar and rainbows, but they don't need to be stamped out entirely. I myself ALWAYS support developers when I am really interested in their games. Used games themselves are not a problem, it's greedy retailers like GameStop, who will literally push you to buy a used copy of something when you hand them a new copy, among other things. Personally, I usually only buy a game used if it's obselete, or if I'm buying games as presents for others. Or, when I'm really cautious about the game's quality (I won't support a developer that might actually be developing bad or overly generic games).

And one arguement I can put forward is that if developers simply focused on making good games, as well as getting people excited for them, they would get plenty of new game sales. Take Super Smash Bros, as an example. That franchise is one of the most hyped franchises out there - I guarantee you everyone and their grandmother will be buying that game ASAP, and as a new copy. Why? Because it's a quality game, that Nintendo know how to market well.

And one thing that I love - why is it that the games industry seems to be the only one that complains about used products? Because pretty much any household item has a second-hand market.

Well, in truth, used games are a bigger problem than say, used DVDs. Because movie companies have multiple revenue streams (box office revenue, TV channels showing a movie, DVD rentals, retailers purchasing DVDs for rental, etc). Game developers and publishers only have one real revenue stream, and that's the sale of the game, and used games don't count towards that (and while DLC, micro transactions, and online passes are forms of revenue, they have not properly kicked off across the board, and not every company feels a need to use them). So as I said before, I acknowledge that used games are problematic for game companies. Heck, Steam and PSN often have sales that offer games for cheaper prices than what GameStop might sell a used game for.

However, there are many other companies that manufacture products that only have one revenue stream. Not necessarily media companies, but the fact of the matter is, those companies are not complaining about used products. That's because they make a good product, and make sure they market it.

So yeah, I totally disagree with Microsoft's policy on used games. Used games should always be an option, especially in today's economy. And while people defend Microsoft by saying that it will be up to publishers how they handle used games, to me, that worsens the situation - we know how Microsoft, as a software publisher, will handle their own titles. But how will other companies handle it? What if they charge larger amounts of money to register a used game? There is nothing saying they can't do that.

EDIT: I would just like to clarify that I realise I glazed over one or two things without providing much detail (such as why I think paying for online play is reasonable). Please understand that my lack of detail at times, on any post on this site, is down to me using a touchscreen phone to type. If you'd like to question me on any matters, that's fine.

Also, the length of my post is not out of anger. I just wanted to be detailed (and even then, I could of done better). There's also the fact that I myself have applied for and been accepted into a college course in Computer Games Design, so issues like this are extremely relevant to me, as I hope to be working in the video games industry in the future. Microsoft's policies are not just oppressive towards me as a consumer, but also as a potential indie developer, as the Xbox One will not allow indie developers to self publish their games. Which is why I will be strongly against them from now on, while I will wholeheartedly support the current direction of both Sony and Nintendo.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:21:42 16/06/2013 by sonicbrawler182
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#53 Posted: 12:41:10 16/06/2013
Xbox one, more like Xbox once.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#54 Posted: 16:34:42 16/06/2013
LOL, I didn't know about this topic smilie!!

Xbox ONE, it's more like Xbox ALONE.

Also, I found this "User" when I was playing Castlevania Harmony of Despair in my PS3:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

The user is "Xbox One sucks" smilie!! (by the way my user name is "Sam_Xala")

Sorry about the quality of this pictures >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#55 Posted: 16:59:04 16/06/2013
Xbox One will become Xbox Lost after it hits the market.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#56 Posted: 18:27:10 16/06/2013
Xbox One? It should be one cent. That's what that crap is worth.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#57 Posted: 22:52:45 16/06/2013
^ People still wouldn't buy it smilie
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#58 Posted: 23:25:33 16/06/2013
sorry to say it but if you buy a xbone you are retarded... there is no excuse... microsoft is trying to kill the gaming hobby we love with drm and not let people own the games they buy. sony and nintendo ain't doing any of this crap, that microsoft is doing. it speaks a ton... if you liked xbox360 you have been had, microsoft have crapped all over your gaming hobby and you as their customer. its maybe hard for some of you to admit, after being 6+ years with microsoft. but its not your fault its microsoft they don't care about gaming and have become to greedy.... this is not what gaming is about.
#59 Posted: 23:33:39 16/06/2013
At Microsoft....

Guy1: What to name new Xbox?
Guy2: 720?
G1: How the heck do you expect me to count to that? I can barely count to 360!
G2: What can you count up to?
G1: Uh.... One....uh...uh.....
G2: Fine! XBOX ONE!
G1: Let's make the actual console a stupid DVR box!
G2: Yeah!
G1: Let's charge like $300 for it even though it's not even worth a penny!
G2: Yeah! We'll use crappy controllers and low quality graphics!
G1: We'll make the games expensive and impossible to beat!
G2: Let's start!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:55 16/06/2013 by Ash Starkindle
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#60 Posted: 00:23:30 17/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Xbox One? I think I am gonna buy this advanced trash can.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#61 Posted: 11:21:49 17/06/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Essentially I don't think that guy is really a Microsoft employee at all. For one thing, him singing praises about the company implies he actually likes his job, so why would he put his job on the line if he genuinely likes it, and wasn't just doing it for a pay check?
And like I said, he contradicts part of what Microsoft already said.
And when I said he was "vague", I meant about the console details. He simply said, for example that "Xbox One will have TV features and it's great to have all of that on one box", ignoring the fact that to watch TV on Xbox, you must pay providers of TV services an additional fee to use their services on Xbox, as well as a base fee for a TV app. Which completely defeats the purpose of an "All in One" console - if Microsoft were truly making an all in one console, they would apply it to the payment of the consoles services - buy the console, use it's services at no additional cost (except for online play because it is understandable and reasonable to have to pay for that). This is simply not the case. Microsoft will have you paying extra little fees for so many things on the console.

I know myself used games aren't all sugar and rainbows, but they don't need to be stamped out entirely. I myself ALWAYS support developers when I am really interested in their games. Used games themselves are not a problem, it's greedy retailers like GameStop, who will literally push you to buy a used copy of something when you hand them a new copy, among other things. Personally, I usually only buy a game used if it's obselete, or if I'm buying games as presents for others. Or, when I'm really cautious about the game's quality (I won't support a developer that might actually be developing bad or overly generic games).

And one arguement I can put forward is that if developers simply focused on making good games, as well as getting people excited for them, they would get plenty of new game sales. Take Super Smash Bros, as an example. That franchise is one of the most hyped franchises out there - I guarantee you everyone and their grandmother will be buying that game ASAP, and as a new copy. Why? Because it's a quality game, that Nintendo know how to market well.

And one thing that I love - why is it that the games industry seems to be the only one that complains about used products? Because pretty much any household item has a second-hand market.

Well, in truth, used games are a bigger problem than say, used DVDs. Because movie companies have multiple revenue streams (box office revenue, TV channels showing a movie, DVD rentals, retailers purchasing DVDs for rental, etc). Game developers and publishers only have one real revenue stream, and that's the sale of the game, and used games don't count towards that (and while DLC, micro transactions, and online passes are forms of revenue, they have not properly kicked off across the board, and not every company feels a need to use them). So as I said before, I acknowledge that used games are problematic for game companies. Heck, Steam and PSN often have sales that offer games for cheaper prices than what GameStop might sell a used game for.

However, there are many other companies that manufacture products that only have one revenue stream. Not necessarily media companies, but the fact of the matter is, those companies are not complaining about used products. That's because they make a good product, and make sure they market it.

So yeah, I totally disagree with Microsoft's policy on used games. Used games should always be an option, especially in today's economy. And while people defend Microsoft by saying that it will be up to publishers how they handle used games, to me, that worsens the situation - we know how Microsoft, as a software publisher, will handle their own titles. But how will other companies handle it? What if they charge larger amounts of money to register a used game? There is nothing saying they can't do that.

EDIT: I would just like to clarify that I realise I glazed over one or two things without providing much detail (such as why I think paying for online play is reasonable). Please understand that my lack of detail at times, on any post on this site, is down to me using a touchscreen phone to type. If you'd like to question me on any matters, that's fine.

Also, the length of my post is not out of anger. I just wanted to be detailed (and even then, I could of done better). There's also the fact that I myself have applied for and been accepted into a college course in Computer Games Design, so issues like this are extremely relevant to me, as I hope to be working in the video games industry in the future. Microsoft's policies are not just oppressive towards me as a consumer, but also as a potential indie developer, as the Xbox One will not allow indie developers to self publish their games. Which is why I will be strongly against them from now on, while I will wholeheartedly support the current direction of both Sony and Nintendo.

That was a funny joke. ^.^
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#62 Posted: 21:50:01 18/06/2013
http://imgur.com/gallery/TlcvLY2

True story.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:33 18/06/2013 by MoonHorizons
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#63 Posted: 22:00:36 18/06/2013
What happened to Microsoft to make them create the Xbox One?

A zombie ate the developer's brainz!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#64 Posted: 22:35:20 18/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
What happened to Microsoft to make them create the Xbox One?

A zombie ate the developer's brainz!

I think they were drunk and on drugs.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#65 Posted: 22:57:02 18/06/2013
Xbox One? Nah, I'd rather buy a stale, moldy McDonald's cheeseburger.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#66 Posted: 10:41:02 21/06/2013
Xbox 720? Xbox Fusion? Xbox Next? Xbox Infinity? Nope. Xbox... ONE.
---
Cool cool.
#67 Posted: 00:35:02 27/06/2013
Should be called Xbox None, that's what it's worth!
NGC Green Sparx Gems: 379
#68 Posted: 21:53:17 01/07/2013
Hmmm I guess aything ranging from Xbox Wrong to Xbox 180 (After their recent turn around)...
---
A Support Worker by Trade, and a part time YouTube(r)

NGC YouTube Page
Clackers89 Ripto Gems: 21
#69 Posted: 22:34:49 04/07/2013
"I've got 99 problems and my name is one" - Xbox One quote at a press conference.
#70 Posted: 02:41:47 05/07/2013
Xbox One????? It's soooooooo lame, not even my brother wants it!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me