Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Xbox One Revealed! The New Sky Box/Gaming Console Is Here!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Xbox One Revealed! The New Sky Box/Gaming Console Is Here! [CLOSED]
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#1 Posted: 15:48:17 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Even though I don't play Xboxs, I still want to watch the reveal in 1 hour. Who is going to watch it through a livestream?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:47 22/05/2013 by gillgrunt987
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 16:07:43 21/05/2013
I'm watching it with ScrewAttack.com. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#3 Posted: 16:27:02 21/05/2013
I thought it was on the 23rd.
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6555
#4 Posted: 17:01:51 21/05/2013
It has already begun. I'm seeing here:

http://www.xbox.com/es-CO/hub
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

I hope you serve them to be seen too. Well, it's another way to view this.
It is live and direct, so, there will be no excuse why not worked, if you gave click here later or another day.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:15:39 21/05/2013 by VespiDragon8
#5 Posted: 17:18:25 21/05/2013
The Xbox One is the most high-tech VCR I've seen since 2000. *shot* No, seriously. It looks like a VCR.
---
#6 Posted: 17:25:30 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
(Whats a VCR? Even though I won't get it, it looks good.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 17:44:12 21/05/2013
It's the Xbox One.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 17:49:45 21/05/2013
By the looks of it, Microsoft can't count.
Name their third console the Xbox One?
[User Posted Image]
---
Bring the Fanta
#9 Posted: 17:50:44 21/05/2013
Quote: gillgrunt987
(Whats a VCR? Even though I won't get it, it looks good.

These machines could record and play VHS tapes. They were the way we watched movies and recorded shows before DVD and Blu-ray:

[User Posted Image]

I'm guessing Microsoft chose to save all the games for E3? Otherwise, there's something VERY WRONG with this reveal. <.<
---
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6555
#10 Posted: 17:57:19 21/05/2013
This supremely awesome. I still remember VCRs, and seeing this, is like playing with the latest generation of the world and the design of the console is like a remastered classic, but retains the classic.

I like the option that will have this for Skype (all), and how to direct the Xbox with voice and other features that will have.

Hey, anyone know when will the event E3 2013?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:16 21/05/2013 by VespiDragon8
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 18:12:56 21/05/2013
...Bye bye Microsoft!
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#12 Posted: 18:18:56 21/05/2013
Oh look, more Cloud features.
Seems interesting, though.

Quote: bionicle2809
...Bye bye Microsoft!

Don't like the design?
#13 Posted: 18:31:03 21/05/2013
Here's my impression. This press conference was not meant to appeal to "gamers." Microsoft is smart enough to understand where the most money for their Xbox units come from: people who own them to buy COD, Madden, FIFA, and Halo. Because that's all we saw. It seemed clear Microsoft is determined to make the X-One a home entertainment system of sorts instead of a game console. I am at this point expecting E3 to be about the actual games. Because if it isn't, we're going to have a problem. <.<
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#14 Posted: 18:33:13 21/05/2013
Xbox One is the dumbest name ever, I mean PS4 isn't exactly creative but at least it's easy to bring up in a conversation

"i love my 360"
"well i just got the One"
"what"
#15 Posted: 18:38:59 21/05/2013
Quote: HIR
Here's my impression. This press conference was not meant to appeal to "gamers." Microsoft is smart enough to understand where the most money for their Xbox units come from: people who own them to buy COD, Madden, FIFA, and Halo. Because that's all we saw. It seemed clear Microsoft is determined to make the X-One a home entertainment system of sorts instead of a game console. I am at this point expecting E3 to be about the actual games. Because if it isn't, we're going to have a problem. <.<

I wouldn't mind if Xbox gets out of gaming. :V
That is if it Halo didn't existed, but it does. Halo is the only game I like from Xbox.
#16 Posted: 18:40:00 21/05/2013
Quote: wspyro
Oh look, more Cloud features.
Seems interesting, though.

...Bye bye Microsoft!

Don't like the design?

The design is part of it. The console itself and the controller look really ugly, though I suppose it'd be much easier to stand vertically than the PS3 slim was. But there were a lot of things wrong with the launch - not necessarily the console.

They want to make it an entertainments system, which I totally understand, but they've got the wrong market for that. The Xbox brand has been associated with gaming from day 1 and now they're opening it up into a whole new market there are going to be a lot of people that assume "Oh, well that's just a game console - not a home entertainment system."

They hardly showed off Kinect 2.0. Sure, they showed demo videos of what it could do but not actually what it does do - other than being told to go home, which just made me think of old time forum user Gakemix (sp?). They didn't show a game demo with Kinect, which they really should have.

Personally, I already have Sky so I don't need to be able to watch TV through my Xbox. Personally, I don't see how the system's gonna work. Would I be able to use my Xbox as a Sky box? I suppose that would save some room on the shelf, but apart from that I don't really care too much for it - I already have that and it cost me much less than the supposed price of the XBO to buy a Sky box and any other games console.

They focused far too much on showing games for other systems by third part developers than their own developers for their own system. Sure, I don't mind Fifa and CoD at all - but why show it at the XBO launch? At the XBO launch I wanted to see some XBO games. Despite what they're trying to do with this entertainments thing, it is primarily a games console. The games they did show (Fifa, CoD, Forza 5) didn't even look any better than the PS4.

All in all, nothing about the system looks all that innovative. There's nothing about the console that makes me want to buy it. It plays games, okay - that's a positive. But what games? The games that they didn't show gameplay footage for? They even said that CoD was going to be gameplay footage running on the XBO - and it was all pre-rendered footage from the PC version (just in case no one noticed that little bit smilie)

But don't get me wrong, I'd rather buy a new PC than a PS4 or XBO any day - but if I had to choose between the two consoles then it'd have to be the PS4.
#17 Posted: 19:29:22 21/05/2013
Quote: Big Green
Xbox One is the dumbest name ever, I mean PS4 isn't exactly creative but at least it's easy to bring up in a conversation

"i love my 360"
"well i just got the One"
"what"

Abbot and Costello moments are ahead.

"Which console are you getting?"
"Oh, I'm getting the Xbox One."
"Which one?"
"I just told you, the One!"
"Yeah, you said you're getting an Xbox. But which one?"
"The One."
"Which one?"
"No, not which one. The One. The Xbox One."
"Yeah, I know you're getting a Xbox. But there's three of them!"
"The newest one. The One!"
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#18 Posted: 19:54:04 21/05/2013
Mommy mommy! I want the new Xbox!

What is it? 720?

One!

Now you want the first?

No!

Well, One? You want ONE Xbox? You have one!

*Kid screams*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#19 Posted: 19:55:13 21/05/2013
Whats so great about the new XBOX anyway?
#20 Posted: 20:43:35 21/05/2013
Quote: Pixilism
yeah but aren't people going to hear about it enough to know what you're talking about when you say "the one"

Yes they will. The One has been around since 1999:
[User Posted Image]
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#21 Posted: 21:18:25 21/05/2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Are you ****ing serious Microsoft? So basically it's main selling point is you get to watch more TV and movies... WHICH YOU CAN JUST FINE WITH EVERY OTHER MODERN CONSOLE ANYWAY! Well, looks like I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas...
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#22 Posted: 21:41:38 21/05/2013
Xbox One is down. Bye bye! I wont miss you! So it looks like we got Wii U and PS4. Both good. Nintendo is getting all the cash right now because of the first one to start. Back on topic, Xbox One is a stupid name. I guess they are cheap and want to recycle the first xbox.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
#23 Posted: 21:50:02 21/05/2013
It's too early for me to make any concrete judgments. But I'm starting to see where the people saying "this is the last console generation" are coming from. <.<;
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#24 Posted: 21:53:07 21/05/2013
Damn all the people judging the the Xbox One by the name ._.
Remember Wii?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#25 Posted: 21:54:58 21/05/2013
Why do you have to pay a fee just to play games.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#26 Posted: 22:01:59 21/05/2013
From what I'm hearing I don't like this console, I'll get a ps4 if it's any better.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#27 Posted: 22:06:20 21/05/2013
i think i might end up buying this cause you have no idea how hard it is to switch around cables and **** when i watch tv and because of where i live i have to deal with constant problems with the signal and ****.
oh, we also get free cable with xbox live over here so yeah i can watch the ****ing sci fi channel all day
#28 Posted: 22:08:14 21/05/2013
PS4 will basically be sharing.
Sharing. Sharing. Sharing. It'll take full advantage of the Cloud feature. Is going to use online A LOT. Meaning that there's a possibility that there will be few single player games. I believe the Xbox will bring more single player games.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#29 Posted: 22:39:58 21/05/2013
i just found out more.

WEGETFREECABLEYES
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#30 Posted: 22:40:36 21/05/2013
The xbox one is not backwards compatible in any way. It cant even stream older games off of cloud while PS4 can stream all past games through cloud. Wii U however can play all Wii games. I already own a Wii U and it is good. I think Nintendo or Sony will win this one.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#31 Posted: 22:50:43 21/05/2013
The new XBOX One sucks.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#32 Posted: 23:07:48 21/05/2013
Wait wait wait. The new console is seriously called Xbox One?

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I got two popular video game characters, a rabbit, and Jesus facepalming about this crap.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#33 Posted: 23:21:45 21/05/2013
E: **** you x box
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#34 Posted: 01:46:16 22/05/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
But I'm starting to see where the people saying "this is the last console generation" are coming from. <.<;

That's funny because I don't. >.>

Nintendo has no momentum with the WiiU, and the average consumer doesn't even realize the WiiU is its own console, as opposed to an add-on for the Wii. The PS4's share-happy conference makes people think the single-player experience will be in trouble. And, for now, it doesn't seem like the X-One's first priority is actually being a gaming console. I realize that can change, and I don't agree with the people thinking that. But these are some pretty serious concerns.

tl;dr: ALL HAIL THE PC MASTER RACE. =_="
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#35 Posted: 02:02:19 22/05/2013
Is Microsoft trying to make the XboxOne a PC.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#36 Posted: 07:18:04 22/05/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
But I'm starting to see where the people saying "this is the last console generation" are coming from. <.<;

That's funny because I don't. >.>

Nintendo has no momentum with the WiiU, and the average consumer doesn't even realize the WiiU is its own console, as opposed to an add-on for the Wii. The PS4's share-happy conference makes people think the single-player experience will be in trouble. And, for now, it doesn't seem like the X-One's first priority is actually being a gaming console. I realize that can change, and I don't agree with the people thinking that. But these are some pretty serious concerns.

tl;dr: ALL HAIL THE PC MASTER RACE. =_="

-The share conference about the PS4 doesn't speak for there being a lack of single player games. On the contrary, they seemed to emphasise the option to be able to get other people involved in your single player experience (sharing videos for game speed runs or letting other people control your game if you're stuck). Plus, it's down to all of the third party developers too. For all we know, games like The Witness could have a dominant presence.

-Wii U will be just fine. Granted, it hasn't had a good launch. But neither did the PS3, 3DS, or Vita, and they've all improved over time. There is a drought of Wii U games right now, but they'll be rolling out over the coming months. Once people see their Mario Kart and their Smash Bros. And considering that recent deal with Sega, it seems Nintendo have already got to work on attracting more third-party developers.

-Yeah, the Xbox One doesn't seem like it's meant for core gamers anyway, so I can't really say much about it. I have zero interest in buying one right now myself. I honestly am not hurt that Microsoft is taking the direction they are, as they are one of my least favourite game companies anyway.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#37 Posted: 07:26:10 22/05/2013
Sharing. Sharing. Sharing. It'll take full advantage of the Cloud feature. Is going to use online A LOT. Meaning that there's a possibility that there will be few single player games. I believe the Xbox will bring more single player games.

>I believe the Xbox will bring more single player games.

The console that always requires an online connection will have more single player games? Okay, sure. Whatever. (Yes, always online was confirmed to work in a similar way to that of SimCity, where you could technically play offline but only for a certain amount of time before it blocks you out).

I couldn't care less if the PS4 has a lot of online games and cloud features, how is that a bad thing? The bad think would be if they forced you to use these features and always be connected to the internet - and they've already made it clear that the cloud features are optional, because they know that not everyone has stable internet.
#38 Posted: 08:36:57 22/05/2013
I watched this and just thought it was funny.
Granted, it's also put me off watching the full conference, but yeah:

---
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#39 Posted: 12:41:29 22/05/2013
Okay, I just saw the whole conference after school (I TiVOed it.), And I thought that it was actually pretty good and wanted to get it. Then I saw this:

If a second user wants to access a used game (or purchase it second-hand),

HE OR SHE WILL HAVE TO PAY A FEE

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

You were supposed to make playing used games better, not kill them! What is Microsoft thinking killing off used games?! Well, i guess it's alright since you can still play used games on other people's Xobox One's as long as u use your account.

In other news, you will be forced to install all Xbox One games onto your hard drive, Your gamerscore and profile from the 360 will carry over to the One, and it will not have to be online to be used.

Overall, I would give the Xbox one a 8.5/10. MAKE USED GAMES FREE YOU BANK ROBBING BASTARDS!!! smilie
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
#40 Posted: 13:36:27 22/05/2013
At this moment, Microsoft is vehemently denying the "used games fee" rumor. Kotaku was first to report it, I think, and given Kotaku has recently been in hot water for never citing proper sources, I'm not inclined to believe it... for now. <.<
---
SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#41 Posted: 14:35:10 22/05/2013
Whats a VCR?.

WELL, I'M OFFICIALLY OLD AS DUST NOW.

At this moment, Microsoft is vehemently denying the "used games fee" rumor. Kotaku was first to report it, I think, and given Kotaku has recently been in hot water for never citing proper sources, I'm not inclined to believe it... for now. <.<

http://www.computerandvideogam...e-for-xbox-one/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:36:51 22/05/2013 by SolemnWhisper
#42 Posted: 14:37:19 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I watched this and just thought it was funny.
Granted, it's also put me off watching the full conference, but yeah:

Oh my god... "TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV" "CALL OF DUTY CALL OF DUTY CALL OF DUTY CALL OF DUTY" ETC. I had to... Anyway, ON TOPIC, it sounds like the Xbox One is the new Sky box or something. Enter the Sky VS BT broadband war Microsoft! Beat them up. (NOT MEANT LITERALLY)
---
#43 Posted: 14:42:40 22/05/2013
Quote: SolemnWhisper
Whats a VCR?.

Did you read the updates on the article? The folks at Microsoft keep contradicting themselves. So I'm going to wait until the dust settles before I look into it any further. <.<
---
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#44 Posted: 15:47:06 22/05/2013
Quote: SolemnWhisper
Whats a VCR?.

Did you read the updates on the article? The folks at Microsoft keep contradicting themselves. So I'm going to wait until the dust settles before I look into it any further. <.<

Just read the article too. Seems pretty unclear to me. I'm gonna wait until E3 before I decide whether or not I'll get one.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
#45 Posted: 16:14:03 22/05/2013
List of controversial alleged restrictions of the Xbox One:

-Mandatory Installation.
-Must register games online before you can use them. Once registered, you can go offline (think old PC games).
-No backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games.
---
#46 Posted: 16:38:45 22/05/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
List of controversial alleged restrictions of the Xbox One:

-Mandatory Installation.
-Must register games online before you can use them. Once registered, you can go offline (think old PC games).
-No backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games.

I'm not really too fussed on this one, the PS3 had the same issue to until everyone realised that it didn't matter. As an alternate third option, you could have the pre-owned thing; about paying full price for pre-owned games.
#47 Posted: 17:28:01 22/05/2013

>I believe the Xbox will bring more single player games.

The console that always requires an online connection will have more single player games? Okay, sure. Whatever. (Yes, always online was confirmed to work in a similar way to that of SimCity, where you could technically play offline but only for a certain amount of time before it blocks you out).

I couldn't care less if the PS4 has a lot of online games and cloud features, how is that a bad thing? The bad think would be if they forced you to use these features and always be connected to the internet - and they've already made it clear that the cloud features are optional, because they know that not everyone has stable internet.

1st Bold:
I wasn't aware of that when I posted the message. I learned about it recently.

2nd Bold:
I don't recall saying it would be bad.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me