Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Online Multiplayer [CLOSED]
CaptnFlynn Red Sparx Gems: 48
#1 Posted: 12:37:19 12/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Does anyone think that Skylanders wil ever have an online multiplayer feature? I think both Battle Arenas and co-op online would be awesome! I also think it would be good if there was a way for leaderboards such as time trials where players could race each other to complete chapters and list their times with the Skylander they used to comlpete it.

Any thoughts?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:15:47 12/05/2013 by CaptnFlynn
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 23:38:49 12/05/2013
While this is a good idea, and something I wouldn't mind having, I somehow doubt it'll happen. Just chalk it up to a lack of faith in Activision.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CaptnFlynn Red Sparx Gems: 48
#3 Posted: 00:06:35 13/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Well since PS4 and the next Xbox are meant to be heavily reliant on online connections, I think it would be a wasted opportunity if Activision don't implement online multiplayer in some form or another, maybe in Skylanders 4 (btw, Activision has a contract to make Skylanders 4 & 5 with a option for renewal in 2016, probably based on the success of the later games).
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#4 Posted: 03:28:34 13/05/2013
why more skylanders games DX
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
chi_madnes Red Sparx Gems: 89
#5 Posted: 14:16:21 16/05/2013
I wouldn't mind seeing a "smash brothers" type of online PVP. That would be pretty fun, likely attract a new market segment, and breath new life into existing iterations of Skylanders - IMO

The caviat would be, heavily restricted online chat. Its a kids game and it would be a shame if some foul mouthed people ruined the experience
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 17:07:05 16/05/2013
disney infinity will have online 4player co-op etc.... so online gameplay will definitive happen with skylanders4..

what online mode will be available... most likely these...

2 player story online co-op
2 player arena survival online co-op
4 player co-op & vs battle mode online
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#7 Posted: 22:57:07 29/05/2013
I just want 4 player co op and arena rumble! maybe even the arena challenges as it would be sooo fun!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 02:39:06 30/05/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
I just want 4 player co op and arena rumble! maybe even the arena challenges as it would be sooo fun!

Am I the only one irritated how when even 2 players are playing there's boundaries and limitations of space between the two characters that make it very annoying to play? The only way 4 players would work (imo) is networking. And if they do that---they may as well do everything else.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#9 Posted: 05:02:23 30/05/2013
I don't mind, as I can't use console wireless anyway.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#10 Posted: 08:10:34 30/05/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: hardcoreignitor

Am I the only one irritated how when even 2 players are playing there's boundaries and limitations of space between the two characters that make it very annoying to play? The only way 4 players would work (imo) is networking. And if they do that---they may as well do everything else.

it will be a mess with 4 players in story mode, the levels to small etc. so it is more reasonable to make it 2 player co-op only in story mode. they will do it over the network online and the invisible rubber band between players will be gone... 4 player in arena/battle mode no problem smilie

Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Eh, something tells me acti isn't going for online play (I think they under-estimate children with internet safety)..
I'm still routing for split-screen co-op, would make exploring more fun.

it will be a big competition between disney infinity and skylanders coming. now that we have disney infinity the children internet safety will not be any excuse anymore. activision will be forced to make skylanders with online game play with the 4th skylanders game. if they don't less people will buy skylanders and there will be less money to earn. one thing we know is that bobby kotick loves money...

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:21:14 30/05/2013 by bionicle2809
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#11 Posted: 16:13:40 30/05/2013
I want it but it will never happen. Online would add a huge chunk of free content which completely goes against their slimy tactics smilie
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#12 Posted: 16:31:19 30/05/2013
It will be cool to have online battling others from different places
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#13 Posted: 16:55:53 30/05/2013
Splitscreen would be good.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#14 Posted: 03:46:05 02/06/2013
They can do a ton with online. Skystones, time trials (as previously mentioned on this thread), co-op, battles, and so much more.

And yes, battle leaderboards. That's the one thing I've been waiting for with this game.
#15 Posted: 17:33:17 21/08/2013
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
This is such a good idea they should definitely make swap force online cause it brings more choices and gameplay, like battle mode pick wisely cause you dont know what the others are picking and would compete even better with infinity

not gonna happen sadly... the game is done so no time for online this late. but online is expected with skylanders4 that comes next year...
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#16 Posted: 17:37:57 21/08/2013
I hope so
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#17 Posted: 18:17:26 21/08/2013
No offense to Wii owners (and perhaps Wii U owners if the same holds true), but let's hope that Activision drops Wii support with the next game after Swap Force. The whole reason we couldn't get any kind of glitch fixes or updates for additional features/content is due to the Wii being unable to accept/download game patches/updates. Activision decided to not put out anything of the nature since one of the three main consoles couldn't take part.

Part of the reason we've only seen the first four adventure packs is due to the fact that the games (SSA & Giants) had to be shipped complete. If actual patching were allowed (via disc included with an expansion pack or downloaded separately), Activision would be able to keep churning out additional content, including an update that would allow for online versus/co-op play.

I doubt we'll see this, but it would certainly be nice.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#18 Posted: 18:26:26 21/08/2013
Don't drop Wii even though i dont use it to play skylanders many people use a wii to play it and lots of peeps would get mad
---
henlo
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#19 Posted: 18:43:51 21/08/2013
Wii will start being phased out, as will ps3 and 360 soon enough, just like how the consoles before them were. I expect after SL4 the wii won't be supported any longer.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#20 Posted: 18:48:15 21/08/2013
There would be so much lsg because they have to load the data of your toys.
#21 Posted: 02:39:27 22/08/2013
As long as the 3DS games get better, I don't mind if the Wii gets dropped... as much any way.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
spellenjunk Green Sparx Gems: 392
#22 Posted: 07:31:59 22/08/2013
if the wii will stop i will have a big problem
---
~N~ ninja clan!! no one will break my record of 224 posts in a row!
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#23 Posted: 10:16:02 22/08/2013
skylanders 4 will have ps3 and xbox 360 version or they they rush to ps4 and xbox one?
#24 Posted: 10:21:20 22/08/2013
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Wii will start being phased out, as will ps3 and 360 soon enough, just like how the consoles before them were. I expect after SL4 the wii won't be supported any longer.

I expect none of the platforms will be removed anytime soon. Wii U's lackluster sales assumes Wii owners will be happy for years to come, but I do expect Wii to be phased out before PS3/X360 since they are basically a year ahead of them in terms of hardware lifecycle. I think all platforms are safe for Sky #4 but expect dropping Wii after that and PS3/Xbox after Sky #5...my wild guess.

If they don't add online for #4, I'll be dropping the series.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:22:13 22/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
#25 Posted: 10:34:56 22/08/2013
Xbox360 will last a bit longer. PS3, hard to say.
Good point about the Wii U.
Plus, a lot of older wii games, such as Metroid prime trilogy, are getting re-circulated, so Nintendo recognizes its Wii owners.
---
#26 Posted: 10:36:11 22/08/2013
Quote: EmperorKaos
skylanders 4 will have ps3 and xbox 360 version or they they rush to ps4 and xbox one?

they have started to push skylanders swap force on the nextgen now.... its already got big jump in graphics and animation extra on the ps4... i did see demo of it...
#27 Posted: 10:53:10 22/08/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Xbox360 will last a bit longer. PS3, hard to say.
Good point about the Wii U.
Plus, a lot of older wii games, such as Metroid prime trilogy, are getting re-circulated, so Nintendo recognizes its Wii owners.

i tell you this the 2000 released ps2 was stopped support for in 2013(put still getting latest fifa game this year!)... also the 2006 released ps3 have the strongest line up of new games ever this year!(x360 nearly none)... and games will still be coming as usually up to 2017 for the ps3, sony have said so. after that expect games releases to dwindle but the ps3 will supported for many years after that... also the 2004 released psp handheld is still getting new games..

the 2000 released first xbox gen1 was stopped support in 2005... and dont expect the x360 be on the marked after 3 years from now...

sony is serious when it comes to supporting their old consoles... and always have been...
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#28 Posted: 11:45:47 22/08/2013
Quote: darkchylde28
No offense to Wii owners (and perhaps Wii U owners if the same holds true), but let's hope that Activision drops Wii support with the next game after Swap Force. The whole reason we couldn't get any kind of glitch fixes or updates for additional features/content is due to the Wii being unable to accept/download game patches/updates. Activision decided to not put out anything of the nature since one of the three main consoles couldn't take part.

Part of the reason we've only seen the first four adventure packs is due to the fact that the games (SSA & Giants) had to be shipped complete. If actual patching were allowed (via disc included with an expansion pack or downloaded separately), Activision would be able to keep churning out additional content, including an update that would allow for online versus/co-op play.

-Doug

If Acti or VV drops the Wii, they're going to lose about 20% or 30% of their market, just saying.
Many, and I really mean many Portal Masters use the Wii, including me, and as you know, Europe is in economical crisis, so, no money to buy another console.
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
#29 Posted: 11:56:00 22/08/2013
Quote: SkylandersBoy

-Doug

If Acti or VV drops the Wii, they're going to lose about 20% or 30% of their market, just saying.
Many, and I really mean many Portal Masters use the Wii, including me, and as you know, Europe is in economical crisis, so, no money to buy another console.

the wii will be dropped but you can still buy a new ps3 very very cheap by then... so no worries....
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#30 Posted: 12:31:42 22/08/2013
Quote: kappapopm
Quote: SkylandersBoy

-Doug

the wii will be dropped but you can still buy a new ps3 very very cheap by then... so no worries....

Even though I plan on buying a PS3, there's no confirmation the Wii is being dropped.
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#31 Posted: 05:20:11 27/08/2013
there is no reason why they cant do online play without chat in skylanders. Just group up with friends you know and play. Friends list could have chat and random can not. No harm no foul there for kids. Besides last I checked parents were the ones that should be watching what their children are doing and systems come with privacy stuff don't they?
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#32 Posted: 10:05:36 27/08/2013
Is there a really big graphic difference betwen the xbox360/ps3 and the next gen consoles??
---
i am trash
#33 Posted: 11:44:25 27/08/2013
Quote: Takadox360
Is there a really big graphic difference betwen the xbox360/ps3 and the next gen consoles??

yes... huge differences...
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#34 Posted: 11:46:25 27/08/2013
For me personally, I don't usually play online. However I think Skylanders would be great online and would play, both co-op and battles would be awsome.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#35 Posted: 12:05:02 27/08/2013
Guys, as long as the majority of game consodes used by people whi play Skylanders are made by Nintendo, the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS will be getting a game for it every year.
---
#hu
#36 Posted: 12:48:50 27/08/2013
the old wii will be dropped for skylanders4....
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#37 Posted: 13:48:10 27/08/2013
There was something about wifi connection on the skylanderboy and girl channel (but it was for a short time and just a picture)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#38 Posted: 19:22:43 27/08/2013
A small part of it is used for online.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#39 Posted: 02:40:02 28/08/2013
There is no confirmation, Kappa, so stop treating it like fact, likely as it may be.
I do hope the PS4 drives the PS3's prices down... I wanna get one so I can play Kingdom Hearts, Blu-Ray, and Ratchet and Clank.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#40 Posted: 04:21:24 28/08/2013
Are the ps4/xbox one going to be just port overs or better graphics?
#41 Posted: 05:40:30 28/08/2013
Better graphics. Big time.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#42 Posted: 21:05:35 28/08/2013
Quote: SlayerX11

Will have better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#43 Posted: 03:04:57 29/08/2013
Quote: WickedRogue
Quote: SlayerX11

Will have better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

The PS4 demo was cool, but since I can't do side by side comparisons I'm going to remain pessimistic. From what VV was saying, it was very minor visual enhancements. They did a lot of not answering the question directly from FGTV, so that's my conclusion.

Quote: Doomslicer
Better graphics. Big time.

Not really. The big thing is 1080 which will make "some" difference but the current consoles is technically HD anyway at 720. It's all minor stuff like subtle ripple effects and possibly better depth effects.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:07:59 29/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#44 Posted: 16:16:00 01/09/2013
I think ANY form of online gaming would greatly improve Skylanders. When they had Skylanders Universe it was really fun. Having anything like online multiplayer co-op or online player versus player battles in game would be just amazing. Unfortunately I'm not sure we will get anything better than the online mini games on their website.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me