Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Good 3DS games? [CLOSED]
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 03:02:19 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I may get a 3DS soon prefer some games.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 04:31:36 05/05/2013
http://www.officialnintendomag...best-3ds-games/
Here you go. IMO
10:Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D. It's good if you want to have a good time filler, but it's all just missions, and they're 2-5 minutes long .-.
9: Skylanders Giants. Like REM3D, levels are 10-20 minutes long, it's very laggy, and has many flaws. It seems like they took just a few months to piece it together.
8: StarFox643D. It's a good game, but in about 1 hour, you can beat the game, but if you want to try to get through every level, it's tedious, but good.
7: Nintendogs+Cats. I like this game, when you begin the game for the first time, you spend so much time on it, but after that, it's just taking care, trying to beat all tournaments, the usual .-.
6: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. I personally found this my favorite Lego game on 3DS. I love all the wands and the use of Wizard battles c:
5: Mario Kart 7. I like it, but It needed abit more... Pizzazz. It seemed like it was made in a while.
4: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Possible one of the greatest RPG's ever made for 3DS. Great storyline. Good plots. and I love the missions.
3:Tales of the Abyss. Personally, words cannot describe how great this game is.
2:Luigi's Mansion 2. Like TotA.
1:ZELDA OCARINA OF ****ING TIME 3D. GREATEST GAME EVER ****ING REMADE.
---
words. letters. filler.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 08:40:39 05/05/2013
Out of the ones I have in cart form, I would recommend these most.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2. I cannot say good enough about this game... It really shows the quality of 3DS games that they release better and better titles, Luigi's Mansion was even better than Uprising which was even better than SSA. This title really reminds you why Nintendo are great, there isn't a boring moment in it. I'm frightened to see what comes next! Haha Animal Crossing maybe.
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising. This is a game that you can EASILY get hundreds of hours onto. Besides a fantastic solo mode, with tons of difficult achievements in Treasure Hunt(a lot of which are tough to get further in), there is an amazingly balanced multiplayer mode. This is really a game that encourages you to wield your weapons skilfully without making you need to learn an entire metagame to play. Probably one of the most fantastic franchise revivals ever, as well.
  • Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. If you're going to get either Skylanders game on the 3DS, get this one- it's much better. Neither is really strong as a game on their own, they're both companion pieces to the toys really. But if you do have a lot of figures, then SSA is really awesome with them, I constantly reset my figures, level them up again, and just try to beat my time records- this game is fun. Fun. Fun. I'm not even sure what it is about it.
  • Nintendogs + Cats. If you liked the other Nintendogs games, you will love this one. It has many improvements over them. It's not a perfect successor by any means and is lacking some stuff that it should have, but it's very solid(and the best simulator game until Animal Crossing this June).
  • Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's freaking MARIO! Even his worse releases are usually at least good. These three are no exception. I'm still playing Mario Kart.
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening. Do I really need an explanation for this one?
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Ocarina of Time is my second favourite game ever... Yeah, I like it more than Minecraft. The game is a true classic, and the remake is even better. Because now, you can play through the Water Temple on the toilet! smilie
  • Rayman Origins is a fantastic platformer, but I only recommend the 3DS version if you don't have access to a different version.
  • Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask is another solid entry in its series. I would recommend trying another Layton game first, however. See if you like the puzzles.

And download games.
  • Mutant Mudds. Mutant Freaking Mudds. It's challenging, but it feels rewarding to beat. But if you want an easier game to play avoid it.
  • Pullblox/Pushmo and Fallblox/Crashmo. Both great games oozing with charm that have good difficulty curves.
  • Gunman Clive. It's only $2.50, and it's great for the price! Kind of short, but well-designed enough to make up for it. And hey, you can play through again as a duck or a damsel or on a harder difficulty.
  • I'm going to recommend Mighty Switch Force!, as well. I don't actually like it, personally, but I can see the appeal of it. It's well designed, and it has a lot of charm. If you have or are getting a Wii U, though, there's no reason not to get the HD version on the Wii U eShop instead.

Quote: TacoMakerSkys

9: Skylanders Giants. Like REM3D, levels are 10-20 minutes long, it's very laggy, and has many flaws. It seems like they took just a few months to piece it together.

That's one of the worse 3DS games, imho. It's my least favourite of the ones I have, though I just buy games I know I'll like most of the time. Too bad Nintendo Life never reviewed it, I would have loved to hear their thoughts on it.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#4 Posted: 18:11:18 08/05/2013
A lot of good stuff has been recommended already so I would like to add

• Shinobi - A real great ninja action game with a lot more replay value than you'd expect with achievements and unlockables.
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - A game based on the very simple concept of you taking a weapon and going out to hunt a giant monster. You will easily lose so many hours to this game, it is that immersive and addictive.
  • Tales of the Abyss - A great RPG from the sometimes overlooked Tales of series. Memorable characters and story, and real time battle action if you don't like turnbased systems.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#5 Posted: 18:51:34 08/05/2013
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - A good addition in the series. It is at a quality closer to the console games. I will confess though that this involves alot with dreams some parts of the story can get a bit confusing. The randomness of dropping between the characters can be challenging at times though using an item can allow you to overcome this obstacle and essentially go through a character's playthrough up until the game forces you to play as the other character.

MarioKart 7 - It has 2 Rainbow Roads. (a new one and retro SNES) 'nuff said.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - While a decent game, it doesn't do much justice to the first game. The ghosts are all rather generic, even the bosses. Nothing at all like the portrait ghosts of the first game. The game is then mission based which takes away the ability to fully explore the mansion at any given time. As you progress from mansion to mansion it gets a bit repetitive, but can be fun overall. My feeling are mixed on this one.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 12:04:12 09/05/2013
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
snake eater
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#7 Posted: 12:43:31 09/05/2013
3DS has no games
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#8 Posted: 13:23:30 09/05/2013
It's funny you think it even HAS any good games.

...slightly kidding.
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#9 Posted: 21:13:05 09/05/2013
I really liked 'Star Fox 643D' It's just a good old fashion shoot 'em up.

And if you can put up with an uber convoluted plotline, 'Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance' is one of my favorite J-RPGs.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#10 Posted: 14:24:36 11/05/2013
Well, I do suggest the Skylanders 3DS games.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#11 Posted: 15:27:27 11/05/2013
I haven't played that many (Only 4, buying another soon) But out of the ones I have played:

Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 really stand out. Star Fox is decentish, and NSMB2 is pretty much the exact same as the DS Version but less original...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me