Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Remember when S&N was entertaining?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Remember when S&N was entertaining? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#1 Posted: 00:34:06 01/05/2013 | Topic Creator
It feels like it was so long ago that this section meant something worth a damn.....
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2 Posted: 00:35:19 01/05/2013
IDK I wasnt here to see it crash and burn so...
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8298
#3 Posted: 00:35:38 01/05/2013
I still find it entertaining.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#4 Posted: 00:38:20 01/05/2013
who is this guy
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#5 Posted: 00:39:02 01/05/2013
In a way it still does. There's a lot if interesting topics, but that's just my opinion.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#6 Posted: 00:45:59 01/05/2013
Agreed. Sometimes it seems as if I am only going on and looking at the topics because I feel obliged to do so. With a few exceptions, of course.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#7 Posted: 00:47:30 01/05/2013
get out
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#8 Posted: 00:50:52 01/05/2013
remember when these topics were made in those suppose entertaining time?
Quote: arceustheprime
get out

get in
#9 Posted: 00:51:47 01/05/2013
Quote: wspyro
get out

get in

get naked
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#10 Posted: 00:52:34 01/05/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
(yo i mean no offense here and if you end up being offended then sorry)

I completely agree.

I still love dS. Really, I still do. But something's missing. And because that something is missing, the site is less fun.

I know I was saying I was becoming more inactive due to testing, and yes, that certainly is one of the reasons. But, I still have a lot of time to go on dS after I finish my testing, get dismissed from school, go around doing errands, and ect. I just prefer to not spend it on dS because it's just less fun.

There's no balance between "fun" and "seriousness" anymore. Heck, neither of those things really even exist here anymore. No offense to anyone, but most of the time nowadays people are either trying too hard to be funny or taking trolling/jokes too seriously (rule #1 of the internet is basically "don't feed the trolls"), and because of these two things, it seems like visiting is a chore, and is boring.

"LUL BARO THEN JUST LEAVE"

Lemme reiterate. I. STILL. LOVE. D.S. I still love the people here (i even love bravo no matter how much we seem to fight), and I still think we're family. And you know what? I can't just leave my family behind! The people on this site helped me a lot. Most of my friends are on this site. Even though I COULD talk to them elsewhere, I can't talk to some of them elsewhere. And we'd certainly never be scrunched up together in a group (not even the skype group) and have it feel the same. Something about having all the members on this site (or at least this board) in the way we are just feels...at home.

So yeah, things aren't as fun as they used to. But I still love every one of you little guys, and I'm determined that things WILL be exactly, if not, almost exactly, the way they were before. Well, exactly wouldn't be very great (it'd be the same as always then and get boring), but I guess what I aim for is BETTER than before. I know that there are a lot of people here nowadays that would make the way "old" dS was a million times better.

I feel offended
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#11 Posted: 00:54:38 01/05/2013
I could care less. I just post what's on my mind and leave.
#12 Posted: 00:55:16 01/05/2013 | Topic Creator

It's an endless cycle.
#13 Posted: 00:56:05 01/05/2013
get out

get in

get naked

imoffended
#14 Posted: 01:01:45 01/05/2013

get in

get naked

imoffended

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=28471&page=2
bb
-----
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#15 Posted: 01:03:13 01/05/2013
I still find SaN entertaining...
Most of the time.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:32 01/05/2013 by cowpowa23
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#16 Posted: 01:05:49 01/05/2013
sometimes the trolling does get to high....and the only place you can really be serious is in Idle Chatting but its not as active as other Topics. In S&N, no topic is serious. No matter what. No matter how serious the topic was made to be, it will end up a laughing stock.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#17 Posted: 01:11:03 01/05/2013
>implying people try to make serious topics in stuff and nonsense
#18 Posted: 01:13:25 01/05/2013

personal thoughts are all lies
smilie
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#19 Posted: 01:14:37 01/05/2013
I agree with this as well. DarkSpyro is, aside from tumblr, the website I spend the most amount of time on. I noticed I've been struggling to actually spend as long on the internet as I used to. Now after a few hours I get bored and end up watching cartoons. I used to only have the time to watch like one or two episodes of whatever I was watching. But now I find myself so bored I watch like eight or something in a row. The site's just become kinda dull.

There's a lot less interesting drama. The only drama we get usually dissolves after a few hours. And a lot of the joke topics are just really dumb. They're not even that funny anymore. It's almost like you guys are running out of ideas. (I swear half of them are just jokes you've stolen from tumblr).

The site's still good, just not as good as it used to be.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#20 Posted: 01:16:10 01/05/2013
this sucks, i suck

in all honesty plenty of past threads like this were actually in indication of some users starting to get older - well, no, to more specifically change - but it's rather...subjective, variable while the constant tends to remain "S&N is no longer funny".

this specific section will always be entertaining, bland, terrible, excellent, distant, close knit or so forth at the same time. as experiences alter and people change, the "state" can switch. the forum changes too, obviously, and sometimes people stand still while this changes and don't change at all. perspective. of course, the brain will be bias to nostalgia as well...

i remember posting here when this forum was in a rut....needless to say, i was having a bit of self-indulgent fun with that. it took longer than expected for someone to create a passive-aggressive thread about it. those were the great ol' days, where this place would fall sometimes deathly silent and seeing a new post here was more of a...heartbeat - "i'm still here, remember me?" and then when i would spam it, i knew people were getting...annoyed, or even bitter. "not my problem you're annoyed, it's not like threads here were good in the first place!"

i'm a rather melodramatic writer.

i'm not as active, my threads hardly have quality anyways. nothing to do with the "state" of this specific section or the forum in general, although, but indeed time has me in its grasps.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#21 Posted: 01:17:45 01/05/2013
Quote: Bean Sprout
Agreed. Sometimes it seems as if I am only going on and looking at the topics because I feel obliged to do so. With a few exceptions, of course.

This.

And as Baro said it does feel like chore to come on here.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#22 Posted: 01:17:59 01/05/2013
The only difference I somewhat notice is the presence/absence of certain users from this section from time-to-time. Such as the OP, for example. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#23 Posted: 01:19:25 01/05/2013
Quote: Bean Sprout

I completely agree.

I still love dS. Really, I still do. But something's missing. And because that something is missing, the site is less fun.

I know I was saying I was becoming more inactive due to testing, and yes, that certainly is one of the reasons. But, I still have a lot of time to go on dS after I finish my testing, get dismissed from school, go around doing errands, and ect. I just prefer to not spend it on dS because it's just less fun.

There's no balance between "fun" and "seriousness" anymore. Heck, neither of those things really even exist here anymore. No offense to anyone, but most of the time nowadays people are either trying too hard to be funny or taking trolling/jokes too seriously (rule #1 of the internet is basically "don't feed the trolls"), and because of these two things, it seems like visiting is a chore, and is boring.

Lemme reiterate. I. STILL. LOVE. D.S. I still love the people here (i even love bravo no matter how much we seem to fight), and I still think we're family. And you know what? I can't just leave my family behind! The people on this site helped me a lot. Most of my friends are on this site. Even though I COULD talk to them elsewhere, I can't talk to some of them elsewhere. And we'd certainly never be scrunched up together in a group (not even the skype group) and have it feel the same. Something about having all the members on this site (or at least this board) in the way we are just feels...at home.

So yeah, things aren't as fun as they used to. But I still love every one of you little guys, and I'm determined that things WILL be exactly, if not, almost exactly, the way they were before. Well, exactly wouldn't be very great (it'd be the same as always then and get boring), but I guess what I aim for is BETTER than before. I know that there are a lot of people here nowadays that would make the way "old" dS was a million times better.

I feel offended

Me, too, even though i am much taller then almost everyone my age.
#24 Posted: 01:29:05 01/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
The only difference I somewhat notice is the presence/absence of certain users from this section from time-to-time. Such as the OP, for example. >.>

You miss me?
#25 Posted: 01:30:14 01/05/2013
Quote: CAV

You miss me?

Depends if Thoughtful!CAV or Depressing!CAV shows up, in all honesty. <.<;
---
#26 Posted: 01:31:23 01/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Why don't you get on Skype and find out which one is talking to you?
#27 Posted: 01:31:59 01/05/2013
>Tuesday Night...

OKAY, FINE. <.<
---
chained skull Gold Sparx Gems: 2971
#28 Posted: 01:36:32 01/05/2013
>Tuesday Night...

OKAY, FINE. <.<

Wait whao whoa hey.... Its night fo your?
---
What do I even write here? Lmao
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#29 Posted: 01:37:22 01/05/2013
It feels like it was so long ago that this section meant something worth a damn.....

sorry, i need to make more awesome topics
#30 Posted: 01:43:24 01/05/2013
Quote: aran

sorry, i need to make more awesome topics

nonononononononononononononono
i think we're fine
#31 Posted: 01:44:35 01/05/2013
Quote: chained skull
>Tuesday Night...

OKAY, FINE. <.<

Wait whao whoa hey.... Its night fo your?

I'm sorry I live on the east coast of the United States. <.>
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#32 Posted: 01:45:18 01/05/2013

I completely agree.

I agree with this a lot.

I've been off a lot less lately because, to be honest, anything seems more fun than dS. It had its charm for a while, but it just kind of faded. Something is missing and everyone has changed. People have matured (or immatured, in my case) and the site in its entirety just got somewhat lackluster. The users that were my best friends for a long time (ex: CInderLover, BigBoom, C1nder, TheFlyingSeal, Spyrobaro, Coocie2) all seem absent from the site, making the place seem like a lifeless shell of what it once was.

Sure, we had our moments when we thought all was lost, that we were going to leave and never come back, but we eventually did. Now, it seems like that once great "dS Addiction" has been seemingly cured from the users that it manifested in. It thrived in the most active of us, making the forums seem like a home away from home. Now, it feels as if that once mighty protection, the virtual shield we once hid from our problems under, has disintegrated, leaving us as prey to the outside world, drawing us away.

So yes, something is missing. Something big. The worst part is, we can't even figure out what it is.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#33 Posted: 01:48:04 01/05/2013
Quote: StriderSwag
*snip*

*snipity snip*

Yeah, pretty much this.
#34 Posted: 01:50:14 01/05/2013
Quote: Wild

in all honesty plenty of past threads like this were actually in indication of some users starting to get older - well, no, to more specifically change - but it's rather...subjective, variable while the constant tends to remain "S&N is no longer funny".

yes, i think it's more due to a user's passage of time rather than a downgrade in quality (if you can even put SaN and quality in the same sentence)
i don't really feel the gap that some of these users are feeling
maybe they're having . . . MID-LIFE CRISIS-ES [sic]????
#35 Posted: 01:51:59 01/05/2013
Quote: Carmelita Fox
Quote: Wild

yes, i think it's more due to a user's passage of time rather than a downgrade in quality (if you can even put SaN and quality in the same sentence)
i don't really feel the gap that some of these users are feeling
maybe they're having . . . MID-LIFE CRISIS-ES [sic]????

it all makes sense now
Mad Jack1123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#36 Posted: 01:54:07 01/05/2013
That was a great time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
#37 Posted: 01:55:38 01/05/2013
I agree with the whole "getting older" scenario

Soooo
Who's goin to be the next wspyro?
#38 Posted: 02:06:24 01/05/2013
also, besides that, i remember blackholes_wolf once saying something like "the world can't exist without war and everything would be pretty boring too" years ago in some topic about war

when's the last time we had any real melodrama on here? where's the panic? THE HYSTERIA? yeah -- we had the hacking thing a couple of months ago, but time goes pretty fast here. after the mods were hired, threats seem to be smashed a little earlier. there's no real chance to be the party who gets to sit back and laugh at hysterics now.

it is for the better though.
#39 Posted: 02:07:29 01/05/2013
Quote: Carmelita Fox
also, besides that, i remember blackholes_wolf once saying something like "the world can't exist without war and everything would be pretty boring too" years ago in some topic about war

when's the last time we had any real melodrama on here? where's the panic? THE HYSTERIA? yeah -- we had the hacking thing a couple of months ago, but time goes pretty fast here. after the mods were hired, threats seem to be smashed a little earlier. there's no real chance to be the party who gets to sit back and laugh at hysterics now.

it is for the better though.

True. Gives a sort of sense of security, albeit a lonely one.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#40 Posted: 02:07:37 01/05/2013
I admit, I do think that dS is missing something. The site is a little less fun for me, and it kinda shows in my posts number. I post a little less now than back then. Topics aren't as interesting now as before. But don't get me wrong here, I still like coming to this site smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#41 Posted: 02:10:35 01/05/2013
when will soMETHING AWESOME HAPPEN
#42 Posted: 02:11:39 01/05/2013
Quote: C1nder

never
#43 Posted: 02:12:43 01/05/2013

from which point of view?
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#44 Posted: 02:20:04 01/05/2013

The only time I ever feel like something exciting on DS happens is when drama happens(don't hate me.
#45 Posted: 02:21:34 01/05/2013

from which point of view?

Just...I'm not even entirely sure what I mean...
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#46 Posted: 02:22:59 01/05/2013
Quote: StriderSwag

I completely agree.

I agree with this a lot.

I've been off a lot less lately because, to be honest, anything seems more fun than dS. It had its charm for a while, but it just kind of faded. Something is missing and everyone has changed. People have matured (or immatured, in my case) and the site in its entirety just got somewhat lackluster. The users that were my best friends for a long time (ex: CInderLover, BigBoom, C1nder, TheFlyingSeal, Spyrobaro, Coocie2) all seem absent from the site, making the place seem like a lifeless shell of what it once was.

Sure, we had our moments when we thought all was lost, that we were going to leave and never come back, but we eventually did. Now, it seems like that once great "dS Addiction" has been seemingly cured from the users that it manifested in. It thrived in the most active of us, making the forums seem like a home away from home. Now, it feels as if that once mighty protection, the virtual shield we once hid from our problems under, has disintegrated, leaving us as prey to the outside world, drawing us away.

So yes, something is missing. Something big. The worst part is, we can't even figure out what it is.

I believe its the absence of worthwhile topics that have a point, and the older users that would make the great topics and post. And i do think a little excitement or a particularly good topic will raise a bit of what SaN used to be. (I haven't been here as long as most users talking about this, but thats just my point of view)

Sorry if that was hard to understand.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#47 Posted: 02:23:27 01/05/2013
^ Could happen tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, 2 years form now. We'll just never know.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me