Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
In a loop. [CLOSED]
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#1 Posted: 12:56:30 23/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey gang,

Got a predicament, I seem to be in a loop, which I know happens in these kind of games but this getting annoying, ok I have 9 adventures going at once, all 16 or 24 hour ones, thing is I need energy for that so the money I get from the adventures is being spent on 7 hour crops. So I'm not really making any progress, which is annoying, any ideas on how to keep my cash.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#2 Posted: 13:14:09 23/04/2013
The longer it takes for a crop to mature the less return you see. The same goes for adventures. At the very least what you want to do is shorten your crop and adventure times so you're seeing a better return on your investment. Also you'll want to try and match your crops and the Skylanders you send on adventures to the element of the day so you get bonus energy and gold.

I'm currently in the process of writing a Lost Islands FAQ which you may find useful. In it I've included charts which break down the return rates for adventures and crops.

(The FAQ is under construction but there's quite a bit in there already. It does need to be organized better.)
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 13:17:59 23/04/2013
you alwase want to do the 7 hour advenchers (unless it is for a quest). Other advenchers just wast Energy. (you should be able to do 7 hour crops and 7 hour advenchers and come out with more $ and energy.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#4 Posted: 13:25:14 23/04/2013
Quote: darkrai848
you alwase want to do the 7 hour advenchers (unless it is for a quest). Other advenchers just wast Energy. (you should be able to do 7 hour crops and 7 hour advenchers and come out with more $ and energy.

What is this based on?

While 1 7h crop will give you the energy needed for 1 7h adventure and some gold afterwards, it's not the fastest or most efficient way.

The rule of thumb is that the shorter the completion time for the adventure/crop is, the faster it generates gold/energy and more efficiently.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#5 Posted: 14:39:36 23/04/2013
I try to use the element of the day for both adventures and crops to get the bonuses.
mjbergg97 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#6 Posted: 15:35:56 23/04/2013
I do all 7-hour adventures (three times per day), while also keeping all eight sanctuaries going (twice per day). I grow the 7-hour domedlions and I try to plant just under what would cover the expense of the sanctuaries and adventures (one less regular energy field), because I always seem to more than make up for that in gifts.
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#7 Posted: 15:37:56 23/04/2013
For someone just starting out and needs to get some of his guys up in levels what do you suggest doing as far as adventures. I have been planting flowers that equal the element of the day.
#8 Posted: 15:55:52 23/04/2013
Quote: Bazinga
For someone just starting out and needs to get some of his guys up in levels what do you suggest doing as far as adventures. I have been planting flowers that equal the element of the day.

Hero XP for Skylanders? As always it's going to be the adventures with the shortest durations will offer the best payout (Exception: Molekin Mountain and Junkyard Isles). So it's up to you and how often you check your kingdom.

Reasonably, the 1h & 2h adventures are probably your best bet. Having to check every couple hours isn't too bad and looking at my Adventure Guide, the XP rewards for the 4+ hour adventures are half (or even less!) than the XP payouts from the 1 & 2 hour adventures.

For example, you only need to complete the 1h adventure 4 times in order to earn as much XP as the 10h adventure.
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#9 Posted: 16:04:44 23/04/2013
Alright. Makes sense. I have to do some of the longer ones for quests however, trying to get those out of the way.
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#10 Posted: 10:13:33 24/04/2013
I level skylanders on 1 or 2 hr adventures. Match crops with element of the day and always plant just enough to cover what you need for adventures plus sanctuaries.
Overnight i put them into the 7hr trip but never do anything longer unless a quest forces me to.

Sancutaries with skylanders of lvl 10 or more only. Never try to level a skylander in a sanctuary, too energy gold ratio inefficient.

Ive been 30 for a couple of months now and i stopped planting anything other than grave diggers, moss stash or domedelions depending on the element of the day. Overnight always a full load of domedelions unless i know it will be undead or earth.
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#11 Posted: 12:18:04 25/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys, seems to be working so far, just got to get the EoD on track so I know what's what...tempted to get Hugo now...maybe.
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#12 Posted: 23:41:15 27/04/2013
I buckled and bought some radiant fields and adventure balloons because I only wanted to check every 7 hours. But I was only able to justify that by the $1.99-500 gem deal they did a couple of weeks ago.

Before that I did 2hr adventures and planted 1 more crop than adventure.
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#13 Posted: 12:04:25 30/04/2013
Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice in this forum. Extremely helpful as I was stuck in a loop as well and I have finally moved ahead in the game over the past couple of days.
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me