darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > SSA Differences Among Versions (PS3, Xbox, Wii)
Page 1 of 1
SSA Differences Among Versions (PS3, Xbox, Wii) [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 13:28:49 22/04/2013 | Topic Creator
So my son has Wii and I have PS3...I've noticed some differences in the game that's kinda subtle but also kinda annoying. Share yours.

• In the Wii version, you can shut people up and go to the next checkpoint, whereas on PS3 in game you must listen to them the entire time (on re-play though they enable the skip). I'm talking about script talk...not the skip that's present when you defeat a minion etc.
  • In Heroic Challenges, on PS3 you cannot skip Cali's audio introduction but you can speed up the shut off by holding down X. On Wii you can shut her up immediately.
  • On Wii, when you've completed a Heroic challenge you must listen to it. On PS3, you can hold down X to speed up the shut up.
  • On Wii, Cali has different sayings when you complete a Heroic Challenge. On PS3, as far as I've seen, I've only heard ONE accolade from her.
  • On non-PS3, when you get 3 stars...Flynn says "Boom" and each of the stars animate. On PS3, no star animation and no audio from Flynn. (Not talking about the fireworks in Giants, the stars you get for each of the level achievements).

I'm also noticing gameplay behavior differences, but wanted to get the ball rolling.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:29:30 23/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 00:28:48 23/04/2013
Everything you said about PS3 sounds like it applies to XBox too... Though after Heroic Challenges, 90% of the time I get "Didn't think you had it in you!" (which always feels like "Thanks a bunch for the vote of confidence" - Cali REALLY annoys me in SSA, they fixed that in Giants), but once in a while I hear something else. I think the something else is if I failed and retried the Challenge or something, though if I'll fail I usually manually restart, so the game wouldn't count that as a fail.

I've spent about 2 seconds total on my nephews' Wii - when we get together we usually play on my completed XBox saves rather than their Wii game where they always replay the first few levels and haven't gotten very far - so I can't notice many differences, LOL!

Funny, on Giants, when you complete a level that has 3 stars (whether you just got it or you got it in the past), it stops to show fireworks, and we all find it so annoying that you have to wait for it to finish before being able to return to the Ship, so it makes me glad this is missing in SSA, smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#3 Posted: 01:13:59 23/04/2013
Zook on Wii, is all shady, but not on the other consoles.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#4 Posted: 02:26:24 23/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
Everything you said about PS3 sounds like it applies to XBox too... Though after Heroic Challenges, 90% of the time I get "Didn't think you had it in you!" (which always feels like "Thanks a bunch for the vote of confidence" - Cali REALLY annoys me in SSA, they fixed that in Giants), but once in a while I hear something else. I think the something else is if I failed and retried the Challenge or something, though if I'll fail I usually manually restart, so the game wouldn't count that as a fail.

I've spent about 2 seconds total on my nephews' Wii - when we get together we usually play on my completed XBox saves rather than their Wii game where they always replay the first few levels and haven't gotten very far - so I can't notice many differences, LOL!

Funny, on Giants, when you complete a level that has 3 stars (whether you just got it or you got it in the past), it stops to show fireworks, and we all find it so annoying that you have to wait for it to finish before being able to return to the Ship, so it makes me glad this is missing in SSA, smilie

On Wii, Cali has at least 2 maybe three sayings---I literally played HC on PS3 tonight for 2 hours (about 50 challenges) and all I got was the "didn't know you had it in you" comment. Actually, I like the Giants fireworks--it's at least to recognize achievement. On Wii, at least you get Flynn's "Boom" comment. I do agree just about ANYTHING that's repeatable needs a "shut up" button lol.

Quote: Hot Dog 542

Come again? Shading is different?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:27:48 23/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#5 Posted: 02:37:50 23/04/2013
I've said this before, but on PS3, Drobot, while hovering, will rotate around like a turret, auto-aiming, rarely missing, and firing out lasers at light speed. With his laser path, this basically makes him unstoppable.
In the Wii version, however, he doesn't, which makes him a lot less powerful, especially after first playing with him at a friend's house on PS3.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#6 Posted: 03:46:22 23/04/2013 | Topic Creator
My son and I played some Arena Battles, and Drobot was spamming his laser that it was downright NOT FUN. Simply overpowered...and yes--even with my fully upgraded Cynder it was no battle with all of those lasers auto-aiming at me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:59 23/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#7 Posted: 04:30:37 23/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: niceguy1

On Wii, Cali has at least 2 maybe three sayings---I literally played HC on PS3 tonight for 2 hours (about 50 challenges) and all I got was the "didn't know you had it in you" comment. Actually, I like the Giants fireworks--it's at least to recognize achievement. On Wii, at least you get Flynn's "Boom" comment. I do agree just about ANYTHING that's repeatable needs a "shut up" button lol.

Quote: Hot Dog 542

Come again? Shading is different?

No since he is all dark around him. [User Posted Image]

Sort of.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#8 Posted: 10:40:31 23/04/2013
Well one other comment I remember - vaguely - from Cali was something like "You kept at it", which is why I'm thinking you get that if you failed and had to retry (as I said, if I fail, I usually pause and restart the challenge. Much faster than going through the game mechanics, I don't have to re-confirm what character I'm using, and I avoid Cali's nasty comments).

"Maybe another Skylander". If I WANTED another Skylander, I would USE another Skylander... Using another Skylander won't help me with THIS one. Ugh.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#9 Posted: 12:04:20 03/05/2013
Wii even has more sounds and animations like when you eat they make a noise and they randomly sing in their self but i have the PC version
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#10 Posted: 20:49:10 05/05/2013
Pretty sure that this is widely known, but Spyro’s Adventure was going to be Wii only until they decided the franchise had what it takes to be a massive hit, and at that stage they got an external company to port the Xbox/PS3 versions. Part of the reason the Xbox and PS3 versions look so bad is that they are literally direct ports of a non-HD Wii game.
Anyway, apparently the Xbox/360 port was of a slightly older build of the game. The guys porting it did a great job, but they didn’t have enough time to port all the balance changes that the later Wii versions had. None of the changes they made while play testing the Wii version made it into the Xbox/PS3 version.
That accounts for the CRAZY difficulty spikes in Xbox/PS3 version. Boss battles (especially the final boss) are much, much harder in the 360/PS3 version. And some Skylanders are more/less powerful without essential buffs/nerfs.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#11 Posted: 22:42:03 05/05/2013
The PC version is different too, if I recall right? It mostly has attributes from the PS360 versions, but I hear that it has the Wii puzzle in Lair of Kaos and that smilie's Heroic works correctly. I haven't played it in a while so if someone could clarify it that would be great.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#12 Posted: 19:21:41 08/05/2013
I know that when you win a chapter in Pc version, the stars appears 3 in the same time or they appears faster than it the Wii!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me