Page 1 of 1
Dragons Peak 3 Stars Glitch [CLOSED]
Evokazz Green Sparx Gems: 111
#1 Posted: 07:26:32 21/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hiya guys, I played Dragons Peak yesterday and met all requirements religiously, it gave me 3 stars after 2 runs, maxing the level, but when I go to chapter select, it only shows 2...apparently this was a well known issue back in the day when the pack came out, just wondering if anyone here ever found a fix??

I did notice that if u enter DP, then check stats, it still shows 2 stars...while in the menu if u read the story scroll for the level, it suddenly gives 3 stars...when I spotted this I completed the level again in hope it saved and sorted itself, but alas on checking again in the ruins it reverted back to 2 stars smilie
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#2 Posted: 20:20:38 21/04/2013
No fix's for anything in skylanders really- sadly its an xbox (and ps3 i think) glitch you have to live with- like not getting the accolade for doing everything..
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 07:17:10 22/04/2013
Yeah, I suffered through this, redoing it a bunch of times to try to "re"-earn the third star. I just wish there was a way in the Ruins to check the inividual Objectives, so I would know what it thinks I didn't do! But if you go into Dragon's Peak, where you CAN check, simply by Pausing and choosing Objectives, it shows that I have everything. smilie

So that little glaring hole remains in my game to this day. I'm so glad they fixed it in Giants, it was oddly satisfying to see 3 stars on Dragon's Peak, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#4 Posted: 23:54:45 05/06/2013
I just played it last night and it gave me 3 stars at the end of the time trial. Went to Chapter select and 3 stars are there. Quit game and checked it again and it's still there. I'm playing on a PS3 and purchased the game on December26, 2012.
My glitch was it would only give me 97% when everything was done in Chapters 1-25 and all done but Dragon's time trial. Got 100% after the last time trial in Dragon's Peak.
Before doing the time trial I was fixing the glitch Gotta to Buy them all. Started the new game and got the trophy. Did a few time trials and did Dragon's Peak for a laugh. Was surprised when the star showed up.

Did they fix the glitch for one put out later? Or did it have to do with fixing the glitch in Gotta to Buy them all. Or leaving the time trial for Dragon's Peak for last?
Not sure but happy I'm at 100%
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 14:53:37 06/06/2013
i got 3 stars first try!
but i was on wii, maby thats why
#6 Posted: 23:41:11 06/06/2013
The issue isn't GETTING 3 stars, everyone can get 3 stars. smilie It's that once you're back in the Ruins, and check the chapter list (to jump to a chapter) Dragon's Peak will only show you having 2 stars, missing the middle (the one for No Lives Lost/Time Trial/Enemy Goal/I forget what else).

Stitchmaker: Are you talking about the thing for buying all upgrades for a character? Oh, and this is bugging me: The "ta" in "Gotta" is slang for "to", so "Gotta to" is repetitive, saying "to" twice. LOL! The name is "Gotta buy them all".
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#7 Posted: 01:32:48 07/06/2013
Niceguy1
I do have 3 stars when I'm back at the Ruins for Dragon's Peak. All 3 stars show up on Chapter Selection and also when I go into the Dragon's Peak. Thought it was just for that night but it's still there today in both places. Not sure why it's working on PS3 for me.

Yes it was the Gotta buy them all trophy challenge. I went with a series 2 figure like someone recommended.
Put the giants game on and switched paths at the fairy. This is a big tip because you don't have to reset the character. Just went back to the skylanders game and purchased the first 2 paths. Just don't buy the upgrade before the soul gem. Started a new game and once the fairy was there I purchased the last upgrade. It worked perfectly. I also put the portal on the floor so it didn't move. The person said you have to play the game with just one character and get the upgrade. It can't be removed or it doesn't work.
#8 Posted: 07:42:37 09/06/2013
IDK, XBox has the same Achievements as the PS3 Trophies, as far as I know, and I didn't have any problem with this one. I know I have all Achievements for both games. This sounds like a thread I read, and the advice seemed like crap to me, especially the part about not swapping Skylanders after starting a new game. It makes no sense. The thing is, these specifications (start a new game, don't swap, make sure the Soul Gem isn't last) seems like they're all ideas that occurred to this person, and I think they tried them ALL at once, meaning they don't know which one made the difference. They didn't truly experiment with what works, then reported their "findings" as if they did.

Also the "Getting 3 stars" part wasn't to you, it was to NINJAsk11, I suspect she might not understand the Dragon's Peak glitch just yet, so I wanted to clarify. That's why I mentioned your name AFTER.

Oh, and I tried doing a speed run again (I WISH I could check my progress during the level, like in Giants), but I died, but even so I must have finished in half the time. Glitch is still there. Tried again, managed to NOT die, again I finished in about half the allotted time, glitch is still there.

Wait, you did the time trial in a new game? There's already a glitch where something doesn't work in a complete game, but does in a new game, maybe this is another? Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge, if you've collected SOMETHING in Quicksilver Vault, the end prize of Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge would be missing. (The person who tested this seemed to stop testing once they narrowed down the Chapter. He was testing finishing each Chapter bare minimum, check the challenge, then collecting everything, then checking the challenge again. Sounds like he too wasn't experimenting properly, he got EVERYTHING in one run instead of going one by one). So you have to start a new game, and do this challenge BEFORE collecting the Treasure Chests, Hats, etc in Quicksilver Vault, in order to complete the Heroic Challenge.

So maybe this is the same, collecting some aspect from somewhere makes the star not save?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:44:04 09/06/2013 by niceguy1
#9 Posted: 01:16:00 10/06/2013
Niceguy1
I did the time trial in the first game and the stars showed up.

I started out the night starting a new game to get the Gotta Buy Them All trophy. Also to open up the Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge for some new Series 2 character. Went to the main menu and started my first game that was at 97%. Played some heroic challenges and than did the Dragon's Peak for fun. Stars were in both places and are still there today.

Dragon's Peak time trial was my last thing to do and it finally gave me 100%. I should have had 100% after Chapter 22 but it was 97%. Is there anyway they fix the glitch for newer copies? Mine was purchased in Dec 2012.
I remember putting my Dragon's Peak on earlier in the game. Maybe about 4 levels done.

I've been thinking about starting another game in slot 4. Play 3 levels and than try Dragon's Peak. Go thru all of it and get everything done in dragon's peak. See if the stars show up in the chapter selection. Just worried that the star in slot 1 will go missing. I don't trust this game with all the glitchs
#10 Posted: 01:26:47 11/06/2013
Niceguy1
It worked again. I used Slot 4. It's one that I played with just Gill Grunt to get Gotta Have Them All. Only did the first 3 chapters.
Played heroic challenge Lightining Rod for the last 6 characters. Than played Dragon's Peak. Once getting all the items and kills. Than the time trial.

All 3 stars showed up in the chapter section and after finishing the time trial.

Slot 1 the Stars are still there too. Not sure why I got luck.
#11 Posted: 06:24:28 11/06/2013
I've NEVER seen a glitch where one save game affects another. I suspect that now that you have it in your first save file, it's there for good. Also, that you have it in your 100% save file, that you got it when you were at 97% completion, means that you didn't need to do it again, that's clearly not the explanation.

And again, your completion in Dragon's Peak wasn't what was missing, though you might have had some glitch that this knocked loose or something. I have 100% and am still experiencing the glitch, as of a day or two ago (the last time I checked) anyway, LOL!

Dec. 2012 is after Giants came out, I think it's pretty likely that wasn't a NEW copy, I don't think they were producing copies of SSA anymore, once Giants was released. When Giants came out, it's like all focus went off of SSA and onto Giants. I bought mine in about May 2012, so it's not THAT much older. I suspect they didn't change anything in between mine and yours, they don't seem interested in updating or fixing anything. It's well reported that neither game has had a downloadable update (from what I understand, Wii can't get updates, and that this is why they don't bother making them).
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me