Page 1 of 1
Tips for evading 30 sharks in Lagoon [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 17:40:50 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure why--but the 2nd and 3rd wave of sharks are a cinch---first wave always does me in. Trying to get this achievement and need any tips. On PS3.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#2 Posted: 19:26:15 20/04/2013
If you have Terrafin, you can swim under them and it counts for the achievement but you don't hit them. Just watch for where he's going to pop up. The other thing is to get the achievement you need to be going in slow motion apparently, which you can achieve by walking along really close to the sharks (you can do this with any skylander). Time will slow and you'll gain HP by doing this. (You may know some of this but I don't know what you know so I'm just explaining everything smilie)
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:12 20/04/2013 by Maenta
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#3 Posted: 19:27:25 20/04/2013
Hit quote instead of edit, sorry!
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:00 20/04/2013 by Maenta
#4 Posted: 03:38:56 21/04/2013 | Topic Creator
So, I know about the Matrix effect when you get near the sharks---it's a REQUIREMENT for the achievement to do get close--it's not good enough to simply avoid 30 sharks?

Terrafin looks like a good one to do this--was hoping not to "cheat" as that requires less skill---I guess I'll take for now. Feel lame I can't do this.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:41:30 21/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 04:19:51 21/04/2013
They want you to dodge them, doesn't count as a dodge if you don't get close first, see? smilie It's not that hard to get away and stay away. The slow-mo is what lets you know you're close enough to count as a dodge (also that you're close enough to get bonus health for dodging them).

And without cheating (though I don't REALLY consider Terrafin cheating), I think this is easiest in the third wave. I forget which wave for sure, but I think it's third. For a while the sharks come down in an arrow shape, nice clear lines, you just have to get close and run in the right direction to keep close all along the line (I think you have to run left and a bit down, to keep up with the flow).

Even with Terrafin this is the best place to do it.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#6 Posted: 04:51:56 21/04/2013
I don't know how but well... in giants and probably spyro's adventure, *I don't have achievments cuz I play on PC* but is there a way to check the achievments like the 1000 kill of monsters in giants!?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#7 Posted: 07:12:34 22/04/2013
That's not an Achievement, that's a Quest, so we all have them, no matter what system you play on. Actually, each individual figure has these Quests. I haven't played on the PC, so I don't know the controls, but I'll assume all the menus and such are the same. On the consoles you can press the start button to Pause, but for this you press the matching button, the mirror button - Back, Select, [-] on the Wii - to get the Character Management screen. Actually, I think it's officially called the Character Info screen, so check how to call that up. The correct screen shows the current Skylander standing around, maybe doing some "I'm BORED!" movements, and listing some basic stats like Level and Money. On this screen are some commands for managing your Skylander, which is why I call it the Skylander Management screen.

The one you want is Quests. When you select it, you get the character's elemental symbol, decorated to show their quest rank (nothing, a simple bronze border, a more decorative silver border, or an ornate gold border), and if it's not the Gold one, it'll also say how many quests until the next rank. You get one rank for each 3 quests you complete. From here you press the Attack 1 button to dismiss it and see the grid of the 9 quests. You can scroll through them to see what they are, and your progess on them. The Quest you described is the very first one, the top left. If the icon is gold, then it's been completed for this Skylander. Otherwise it's faded/grey. If it isn't completed, it will tell you how far you are, like "653/1000", telling you that this figure has defeated 653 out of the 1000 enemies required for this quest.

Note that the first 6 quests - the left three on each row - are the same for everybody, despite that the 6th one (second row, third icon) has the elemental symbol, it's still the same for everybody, Elemental Damage. The last on each row is specific to each element and is the same for everybody in that element. The ninth is specific/unique to each different character.

And no, quests aren't in SSA, only in Giants. Weird, I had heard that Giants didn't come out for the PC... I've barely heard about SSA being on the PC, actually, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#8 Posted: 13:18:09 22/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
They want you to dodge them, doesn't count as a dodge if you don't get close first, see? smilie It's not that hard to get away and stay away. The slow-mo is what lets you know you're close enough to count as a dodge (also that you're close enough to get bonus health for dodging them).

And without cheating (though I don't REALLY consider Terrafin cheating), I think this is easiest in the third wave. I forget which wave for sure, but I think it's third. For a while the sharks come down in an arrow shape, nice clear lines, you just have to get close and run in the right direction to keep close all along the line (I think you have to run left and a bit down, to keep up with the flow).

Even with Terrafin this is the best place to do it.

OK, I'm misunderstanding the achievement---is this a one session avoid 30 sharks---or does this achievement simply add up all the times I've "gotten close" to a shark and when I hit 30 I get the achievement?

BTW, simply staying away from the sharks is NOT easy for me--at least in the first wave. They corner you on one side of the screen and you are toast.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:53 22/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 00:20:01 23/04/2013
It's in one playthrough of the level, and if I recall correctly it's IN A ROW without getting hit. So if you get close and dodge 29 sharks, then one hits you, the count starts over. Don't get me wrong though, "in a row" doesn't mean that in a line of sharks that after you dodge the first shark you also have to dodge the one behind him, it just means that you successfully dodge 30 times without getting hit in between those dodges.

And okay, staying away might not be easy, but easier than the dodges. smilie Actually I usually find there's a pattern of safe spots, just that you have to manage to get into it. I'm usually lucky to manage to pick the safe spots that run into the pattern, but I have also been trapped before. Also running down the screen - in the same direction as them - helps with not being hit. That just leaves finding enough safe spots to return to the top of the screen.

Not sure where I lost you, I'm guessing when talking about Waves. I mean once you enter the boss fight, you fight a minion, then you get the sharks, then another minion, etc. During this whole boss fight, you get the sharks 3 times, (I think there's a fourth time WITH all 3 minions at the same time) I think it's the third time that part of the pattern includes the sharks forming into smooth angled lines. As far as I can tell, if you dodge 10 sharks at the end of Wave 2 before it ends, then dodge 20 sharks in Wave 3, that would count, as long as a shark doesn't hit you in between. So, 30 in one playthrough of the chapter, playing the boss fight once.
---
#10 Posted: 02:15:58 23/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Cool thanks for the clarification. I guess I need to get chummy with those sharks lol. So when you get multiple health for one shark--does that then technically count as two "dodges"?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:46 23/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 10:26:19 23/04/2013
I don't know for sure, but I SUSPECT each health pop might count as one dodge each, so if you stay close to a shark and get +11 three times (at least, I recall those dodges as giving 11 health), that this would count as 3 dodges towards the 30. When I got it, everything was so fast it's hard for me to tell or remember, I was just concentrating on not getting hit by a shark.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me