Page 1 of 1
Question about expansion toys [CLOSED]
liobu Red Sparx Gems: 24
#1 Posted: 06:03:14 18/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi guys! I was wondering, if I buy an expansion toy for Dragon's Peak, Empire of Ice, etc. after I unlock the level with the toy, can I sell the toy and the level still be unlocked? Or do I have to put the toy on the portal every time I want to play the level? Thanks guys!
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2 Posted: 06:51:00 18/04/2013
Of course you can sell the toy! Once unlocked, it's unlocked for good. The toy's pretty useful though, in boss battles.
Also, I'd save the pack a year, be a LOT more valuable.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#3 Posted: 15:43:36 18/04/2013
Besides unlocking the level, the toy can be used in levels as a magic item that causes some kind of damage to enemies.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#4 Posted: 21:14:54 18/04/2013
i wouldnt sell it because i would need to unlock the level again in the future skylanders games
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 21:22:32 18/04/2013
If you have Darklight Crypt, KEEP IT.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 09:44:55 19/04/2013
Darklight Crypt is IMPOSSIBLE to find in stores, despite working in the current game, so I concur with that... But yeah, you might want to keep them. They should rise in value - especially if they work in Swap Force - and they work as magic items in the level, a mega attack ending in I think 999 damage to everything on screen (in addition to the damage in the meantime). I loaned my level figures to my nephews before I knew this, then found out, and was chomping at the bit to get them back to see this, LOL!

Also keep in mind that the other 3 Adventure Packs, being SSA releases, could easily become just as impossible to find as Darklight Crypt.

Also, remember they're unlocked in your current save game. What if you want to start over? What if you have to? (HD wipe, whatever)

Just, think long and hard before parting with them.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#7 Posted: 11:13:00 19/04/2013
The Mega attack only seems to do 100 to everything in my game, but otherwise they are worth keeping, as said other save files, other games will use them etc etc. But no the level will be unlocked permantly on that save once unlocked
#8 Posted: 10:04:40 20/04/2013
Whenever I do any Mega Attack, it does repeated damages - of maybe 99 or 100 - then when it ends, it ends with a BANG and I see "999" pop up.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#9 Posted: 14:50:21 20/04/2013
I have to buy one of these figure!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 17:58:18 20/04/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Darklight Crypt is IMPOSSIBLE to find in stores, despite working in the current game, so I concur with that... But yeah, you might want to keep them. They should rise in value - especially if they work in Swap Force - and they work as magic items in the level, a mega attack ending in I think 999 damage to everything on screen (in addition to the damage in the meantime). I loaned my level figures to my nephews before I knew this, then found out, and was chomping at the bit to get them back to see this, LOL!

Also keep in mind that the other 3 Adventure Packs, being SSA releases, could easily become just as impossible to find as Darklight Crypt.

Also, remember they're unlocked in your current save game. What if you want to start over? What if you have to? (HD wipe, whatever)

Just, think long and hard before parting with them.

They should (according to Activision's mandate for ensuring all items work moving forward)---although re-creating the same adventure over and over is kinda mudane...don't you agree?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:49 20/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 03:56:51 21/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
They should (according to Activision's mandate for ensuring all items work moving forward)---although re-creating the same adventure over and over is kinda mudane...don't you agree?

Most definitely. smilie But I think the point is that if someone starts Skylanders by buying Giants, that if they somehow also get the Adventure Packs they can use them, meaning there's no reason they shouldn't buy them. If they had made them not work in Giants, that means that only repeat customers, those who bought SSA, can/should buy the Adventure Packs. By making them work in Giants, that means both new and old customers can buy them. And they're included in the promise that SSA figures work in Giants, keeping them useful.

IMHO, what they should do for Swap Force is completely redesign the levels, make the unlocked levels NOTHING like they are in SSA and Giants. To new consumers it won't make a difference, with returning players it'll give new value. I shudder at the confusion for walkthroughs, though, LOL!

Not that it matters much to me, after all the hijinks they've pulled with the first two games, it feels unlikely I will continue with Swap Force. smilie
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#12 Posted: 05:58:23 05/05/2013
It's a shame the Darklight crypt is so hard to find since it has two of the most useful magic items, and the Darklight Crypt level itself is the best and most creative level out of the entirety of both games. Fortunately I bought it when it came out.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#13 Posted: 10:19:57 05/05/2013
It seems like nobody ever notices this but me, and nobody ever reacts when I say it: Finishing Darklight Crypt also has an effect on the ENTIRE game, it adds food to every level! That's more health available! For this reason I specifically brought my Darklight Crypt into my Nightmare save and finished it (whoa, was that an undertaking, the Bark Demons could kill anybody in like 1.5 hits. More like 1.2), just so I'd have more food for the regular levels.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#14 Posted: 19:30:26 05/05/2013
That's nice! I need it... 100$ is too expensive!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#15 Posted: 20:40:51 05/05/2013
Plus Ghost Roaster is pretty awesome.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#16 Posted: 22:17:03 05/05/2013
Keep them!Mainly Dark Light Crypt because it is super rare.Also think,if you were to delete your file you would no longer have them unlocked so keep them.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me