First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Swap Force 3DS [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#51 Posted: 23:56:37 08/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Probably the same. While sprinting press a button(I'd imagine Y). Know this sounds contradictory, but remember Drobot's Wow Pow from Giants made him shoot only one Bladegear, ever.

Sadly I don't have S2 Drobot... thus I don't know. but yeah that seems about right... allthough in the vid I saw*on the console version.*.... like some of the times Stealth Elf unleashed her tiger strike, while the others it was the normal strike... either you can choose which attack to use from being stealthed... or simply the other one didn't have the wow pow.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#52 Posted: 00:12:59 09/10/2013
You probably need to hold the button for the Wow Pow in that case.

Unless they just didn't purchase the Wow Pow in that footage yet.
#53 Posted: 02:00:32 09/10/2013 | Topic Creator
It's possible. unless it's like a different button.

less than 48 hours until Skylanders... I will be posting all info i find out about the 3DS version here... so stay tuned.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:47 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
BigNand Blue Sparx Gems: 593
#54 Posted: 23:00:58 11/10/2013
I just wanted to say, thanks for your interest. Coming here and seeing the passion people have for Skylanders was a great motivator when working on the project.

I have no doubt you'll be very pleased with the quality of 3ds Swap Force. smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#55 Posted: 23:11:04 11/10/2013
Can't wait to play the 3DS version. It'll be the first one I pop open. smilie
#56 Posted: 04:10:05 12/10/2013
Rock on. smilie
#57 Posted: 08:59:00 13/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BigNand
I just wanted to say, thanks for your interest. Coming here and seeing the passion people have for Skylanders was a great motivator when working on the project.

I have no doubt you'll be very pleased with the quality of 3ds Swap Force. smilie

thanks, and I look forward to playing the game.

Sadly, at the time of this post, some people on here probally allready have the game because they did the midnight event thing. (if what I understand about it is correct.)

I'll be getting my copy (along with the 360 version.) at around noon-2 central time. So i'll be making alot of posts then.
---
~N~
#58 Posted: 20:07:56 13/10/2013
One thing a lot of people don't realize about the 3ds version is that while the characters' abilities are mostly analogous to the consoles, some characters have abilities that somewhat differ or are entirely new altogether. Slobber Tooth is an excellent example - while he plays similar in both versions, the 3ds Slobber Tooth features two unique abilities.

Personally, I find those variations on gameplay a bit refreshing. smilie
#59 Posted: 02:28:18 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BigNand
One thing a lot of people don't realize about the 3ds version is that while the characters' abilities are mostly analogous to the consoles, some characters have abilities that somewhat differ or are entirely new altogether. Slobber Tooth is an excellent example - while he plays similar in both versions, the 3ds Slobber Tooth features two unique abilities.

Personally, I find those variations on gameplay a bit refreshing. smilie

I've actually noticed this the first time I put Stealth Elf on the Console version back in S:SA. I was so confused that I thought the game was glitching or something. Cuase when I pressed the 2ndary attack button she'd suddenly not work. *first time I used her was battle mode so no I didn't get to see the eyes.

So yeah I actually do alot of the time enjoy finding out the different play styles of the characters. Some, like Stealth Elf, I like their 3DS version more than the console versions. Others, it's the opposite, and some are split down the middle. Ofcourse this doesn't mean I like one and hate the other, just I like the one side more than the other.

Now, As I said, I'm gonna post on here some things that I've found out about SwapForce 3DS. Granted I'm on the 3rd level as I type this but yeah.

PS: this includes 'spoilers' of game mechanics in the game. I'll try not to mention Story spoilers or things like that.

First thing I wanted to note was some of the 'questions' I've mentioned previously. One of which was how the 'load all skylanders' work in certain aspects. So, first off in the hub world, there's an area where you load the skylanders into the game. Like they've said, all skylanders are loaded into the game. One of the questions I had was how they would do Duplicates? The answer is simply they are doing it similer to the older games where you replace the skylander in the game thus you can only have 1 copy of a skylander in the game. (This referes to exact copies. You can have a Series 1 skylander and Series 2 skylander in there at the same time.) The second question I had was how they were doing Special Variants. In Giants, Special Variants were not registered in the 'collection' but they were still playable. (though never tested it to see if it still kept the level/exp of not.) What I found out, is that the game treats the 'special variant' as the original. (Rather they still say 'special variant' i don't know.) Example: Putting S2 Cynder on the game will load S2 Cynder. If I try to place GITD S2 Special Cynder, it tries to put it in the slot of the normal S2 Cynder. In this case, if there's allready one there, you'll have to replace it. Also, when a skylander is defeated, he's done for the level (like in the console version) you can't revive him with X amount of coins now.

Magic Items: Sadly, all the magic items are not stored on the game like your skylanders. And you can only use 1 at a time (unlike the others where you could use 1 per active skylander.) As for old adventure packs, sadly they don't unlock levels (that I know of) but they do however are finally treated as magic items. So they aren't completely useless in Swap Force. Last, is that from what I can tell, all magic items are 30 gold each to use. Oh and if you have a Swap force active, you can't use a magic item** for a reason I'll explain later.

Street Pass: Yes I said it, this game does have a street pass function. True it's not like one of the ones I've mentioned. (that I know of at the moment.) But, it does have an interesting feature. Basically, what it does is it'll take a skylander from the person you're passing by's game. I can't remember if it said how that skylander is determined, (like could be current active or just random) but it places them in a special section. Then you can borrow that skylander and use it for 1 level. The Skylander also don't gain EXP and stays at the level you got them. With this in mind it is a nice feature that'll perhaps help you get some of those movement areas out of the way.

Challenges: So far I've only played the 1st 3 levels, but from what it looks like is it's got 4 challenges that are.... similer. The only difference is the exact element/movement type, and the number of coins/chests that need to be collected. While it's true we don't get much various in types of Challenges. Though each movement type area has they're own type of challenge. So I guess for me... that short of makes up for it. So it actually doesn't bother me. (strange I know cuz this was one of the problems I had with Giants.)

Giants: They're playable obvisouly, but as mentioned above their aren't any 'giant area challenges.' Unless from what i've seen is off. However, there are times, where you can use a giant to get past something, like instead of finding a bomb you can just break it with a Giant.

Swapforce: We all know how they work and what not. The controls are like primary and secondary attacks are for the top half. The lower half has the movement and dash abilities and anther thing. As I said before, swapforce skylanders can't use magic items. This is because that button activates their movement ability. These are a kind of ability/attack that has a certain amount of time in which they're active. I've only seen 4 out of the 8**.

Other neat features: Well this are just some 'interesting' add ons/take aways in the game. First off, the ending Level EXP, is given to the active Skylander only. And, sadly, there's not a daily bonus anymore***. But I guess it would be a little hard to implement. next, which I really enjoyed, was that... Well, in Giants and S:SA they had like 3 'fancy' cutscenes. That was the only time they used actual voices, the rest of the time you had to read the text that was given. Well, Swapforce is still similer to that.. but instead of having to read the text... it'll be read to you. smilie I really like this.

Well those are the things I can think of at the moment. It's still a great game and i'm enjoying it thus far.

[EDIT] Putting these in here for future reads of this post.

** I found out later that **** is incorect. I was trying to use the wrong button for the magic item. But they can't use that button to do a dash.

*** Also found to be incorrect. Though it's not unlocked until after you beat the game. More details see further posts.

Just remembered 2 more things.

1) They actually show the Wow pow in the upgrade menu. Finally, no hunting for it.

2) well forgot the 2nd one.. but I've been expirencing a glitch. Just now. If I went to the menu to change my active, but then I canel... then my active disappeares... as in he/she's there just you can't see her/him.

... Hmmm... it stopped.... well good then I guess.

Wow... they even have a version of the lock puzzle.... though makes me wonder why they didn't use the gyro system.... or is that an option or something?

Oh, forgot to mention, the game includes a difficulty setting. which is the first time for the 3DS version. Though, currently I'm not sure if you can change it after you've started.

I also found out that the 4th mission is not allways 'bash the chests' Since the current level I'm playing through includes a different challenge.

Another note, Time challenge is still unlockable after the Story mission is complete. I still miss how it used to be in a way, an award for completing the other missions. But awe well.

Ok, so Swapforce Skylanders can use magic items. must of confused myself.

Ninja Stealth Elf's wow pow on 3DS is a little to get used to... I'm used to dashing around and smashing the thorn throw... now it goes into tiger mode so... yeah.

Also, from what I understand, is that normally the 4th mission is 'bash X amount of chests' but some have more specialized, 'bash X amount of something'.
---
~N~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:49:08 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#60 Posted: 16:51:57 14/10/2013
Are all of these double posts against the rules?
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
#61 Posted: 21:13:34 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro7850
Are all of these double posts against the rules?

I didn't think they were... and I was never flagged about it. But if they are I hope they let me know... and I'll stop.

On another note, I'm about about finished with the game... well beating the main SL. Can't collect all the stars til I get the last 4 movement types I don't have yet.

Allright, I've gone through all the levels of the game.... Only thing left, is to complete the 10 missions I missed on completeling that I can do... and then wait til I've gotten the other 4 movement types to finish those missions.

Another thing to note: The element of the day has returned.. but it looked like it doesn't til after you've beaten the game... and the element of the day is similer to how element zones work in the console version.. meaning they increase EXP earned and increase attack.

Also, Hats also finally give increases in stats in the 3DS version.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:24 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
#62 Posted: 08:16:30 19/10/2013
I have some new thought about this game. There was something about Giants and SWAP Force on the 3DS that really bothered me, then it hit me when I was forced to watch a mechanic worm move across the screen. There are a lot of cutscenes.

I don't mean this with things like when characters are talking, because that's fine for the plot. I'm talking about when the camera pans to something like a gate opening and takes control away from the player. It just happens so frequently that it becomes very annoying.

I do think you can take control away and have the player flying across a chasm because that sort of adds to the mood of the game, but you don't need to pan the camera to bombs, then show us where to bomb them. You can't skip it, and it moves along slowly, so it's just a really bad annoyance. You shouldn't do this just to show us something is happening and the giant worm has moved, or the bad guy got hurt again when we destroyed his machine. Players can figure that out themselves, and it'll become horribly repetitive when you replay the level over and over.

Since the Crystal Caverns I'm enjoying this game some more and I can see myself coming back to it more than I did Giants, which was just kinda in my collection, though. Still, it has numerous annoyances. If it were priced as a companion product instead of costing the same as the console version, I would be more lenient on it, honestly...

Just some random feedback...

Edit: Actually, I think some really pointless stuff is visible in both these games. Giants and SWAP Force. I'm talking about "puzzles" here that are literally just flipping switches, and feel like they've only been put in to pad things out more. They aren't exciting, they aren't clever, they aren't arrrrgh they're just pointless and annoying.

There are two examples that spring to mind. I'm tired*, so I can't remember, but I feel like there were some more of these kind of thing.
-Lock Puzzles as a whole in SWAP Force. All of them were horridly easy, so they don't really act as puzzles that were tricky to figure out. And there were only a few, which is even more annoying. They just feel like a waste.**
-There's a sequence in the first level of Clockwork Castle *** where you flip switches to turn clock handles. It's slow and it's annoying. Why not have the handles spinning around? That would have actually been something that you'd need to platform across, and it would certainly be more interesting.

They aren't difficult to figure out and they aren't clever, and there's no action in them. They just feel pointless and they're just boring.

The mother versions have these kind of thing as well, but it's just more noticeable thus more annoying in Giants and SWAP Force on the 3DS because they're shorter blahblah smilie

I didn't mind going through SF 3DS(it certainly improved for the most part from Giants...), but it has some seriously annoying issues. There are a lot of these pointless feeling things within the two games that deter me from replaying them.

*disclaimer: it's 3am right now.
**And for that matter, why have them? I mean, after you've figured them out once, you'll probably know the answer, so if you did make them harder to figure out it would only slow down the game when you replay it. And this is a handheld title that isn't really suited to a super slow pace, which would make this particularly annoying. It's not as bad on the console games because that's much easier to swallow there, since you're likely to spend longer sessions if you're playing on a TV, it would be really annoying on a pocket device. And as they are now, well, like I said they're so easy to figure out that they feel pointless.
*** I beat the game. It was all-around just average, IMO. I'm probably going to return to it just to quickly level those characters I really don't like, but I'm not starving for more. It's a shame that this title had so many little annoyances that bogged it down because some of the level design is beautiful. I really love the first two levels in the Zen-themed world and I liked all of the Crystal Caverns levels. When this game is good, it's really great, but sadly, when it gets boring it's absolutely mind-numbing...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:35:23 19/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
#63 Posted: 21:35:03 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
^Honestly, i agree with a couple of your points Arc. To some extent. Wel I mean, for some of the in level cutscene, while I was going through the game the first time it wasn't bad and I liked them.... but I know when I'm going through them again... either by time challenge or just to randomly go rush through a level when I'm bored. I find the cutscene's non skippable to be evil then.

As for the lock puzzles... I thought they were interesting to include... but as you said... they were all so simpliy easy... I mean sure the first one was but eh it's the first one... but the rest followed suit. Unless they get difficulter on harder modes... but besides that you are right about when it's replay time... those will get annoying.
---
~N~
#64 Posted: 08:47:11 20/10/2013
^ I played the entire game on Hard mode (which was disappointingly average difficulty besides a couple of sections, should have bumped up to SA-difficulty instead...) and the Lock Puzzles were all really easy, got them all on the first shot and they only took a few turns each. I haven't played in the other modes at all so I have no idea if they changed them from Easy/Medium or not.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#65 Posted: 10:44:29 20/10/2013
I have this version and it is fun!
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#66 Posted: 07:33:58 28/10/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I played the entire game on Hard mode (which was disappointingly average difficulty besides a couple of sections, should have bumped up to SA-difficulty instead...) and the Lock Puzzles were all really easy, got them all on the first shot and they only took a few turns each. I haven't played in the other modes at all so I have no idea if they changed them from Easy/Medium or not.

Hmmm... I gonna want to check it out now. I played through on Medium. Though this makes me wonder something else... cuz when you complete a level, it'll put up there what dificulty you completed it as. So if say I do it on hard mode... will it replace the medium pic witht he hard pic? or will it add it to it? and will i need to complete all the missions again?

Quote: shroom boom
I have this version and it is fun!

I agree with you. True there's a few sad things about it. But I am enjoying it more than giants. (though Giants is still easiet to level up in. I got a level 3 to a level 15 just by beating the final boss multiple times. Haven't tried finding a good level grinding area in Swapforce yet.)

Speaking of leveling, See, I'm to the point where all my skylanders are 15 (with a few being 17 or so) and they have all of their upgrades on the console version... Now I've stated before that I thought it was almost pointless to have 5 more levels with only 'stat' increases. However, I actually underestimated the 'dodge' stat. Quiet honestly, it's a nice little stat boost that give you a 'dodge' whenever your to take damage. So I'm actually enjoying it. Though in the next game... if it goes to 25... I do hope they add something to make it more bareable.

Ok, now I've complted all the missions in the normal levels, (aka non boss levels) except for the 4 swapforce zones I don't have the movement types for. With this in mind I'd like to give some 'tips/hints or whatever if you're working on them. And say some other things about them like what I like/dislike.

Normal levels:

Collect the coins: You have to collect the required amount of coins anytime from when you start the level and when you end it. Note, as soon as you required the ammount of coins. *regardless of where you're at in the level* the mission will be complete, thus using magic items after you've done this will not cause you to no longer complete the mission. Tips: avoid using magic items when ur working on collecting the coins. Use rushes to your advantage, Remember chests give you an automatic rush.

Element Zone: Like previous games, there are elemental zones where you have to get from one end to the other. You must get to the teleporter at the end to complete it. Getting the gift at the end is not required for completing it. You must complete all Element zones in one visit to the level. This isn't hard at all as long as you have the desired element in your game.

Swapforce Zone: These work similer to the Element Zones in how to complete them. However, they involve a unigue challenge based on the momovement type. So far only Climb does not utilize the 'swapforce ability' (the L button). (PS: I have Climb, Jet, Bounce, and spin.) Note: remember when you stop using the ability... it has to fully recharge regardless of how empty it is.

Bash the chest: All but one level has this (but it's a similer thing. only difference is you don't get coins from it.) Remember you must bash all the required amount during 1 visit to the level. And most you simply need to keep your eyes peeled. But ugh one level was evil because you didn't know what objects or trees you could stand on and what lead to certain doom. (aka fall through it and die.) Or simply it'd stop you before you could stand on it.

Boss Missions

Now the only ones I didn't complete are the 'avoid the rolling attack' in the 2nd level and the 'don't eat food' and 'swap force' in the 3rd one.

Avoid ??? attack: These vary by boss but really a good jumper should be good with it. I'll probally give better hints once I recall which one does what.

Element Challenge: To complete this challenge you must have that element of a skylander when the "mission complete" is shown. Tips: Wait til last before you bring it out. You don't need to use him/her in the entire battle. You can even save him/her for the final blow.

Swap Force Challenge: similer to the Element Challenge, only it requires a certain movement type. Tips: same as Element challenge. Also, it's possible to do both at the same time as long as you have a swapforce of that element. (you can change the top and bottom halves.)

Don't eat the food: Simply don't eat the food. However this can be harder, cuz I can't say how many times I accidently grabbed a piece. Notes: Food can be found in the breakable objects in the area, in defeated enemies, and floating around if your health is low. Tips: Break all the breakable objects ASAP, this'll help with if you accidently break one and it gives you a fruit you accidently eat. Use ranged weapons on minions. This'll help keep you at a distance. Don't take damage, most of the fruit only appear if you've got enough damage. So avoid it where possible.

Time challenges

Before you go thinking "GMO it's Impossible!" I can tell you that each of them are possible because I've done all of them (minus the boss battles at this point.) My recomendation is to use a speedy character that's good for platforming. Recomended having one that can do both good fighting and platforming. Also, ignore any battles you don't have to do. Running out of time? Take out enemies... they'll normally drop clocks when you're low on time.

A few additional notes I wanted to make note of.

Swapforce bottom halfs: Now in the console version, when a swapforce skylander was taken out. The bottom it was using was also unplayable. However, on the 3DS version. Only the top half is unplayable for the rest of the level.

The element of the day is there... but it's not usable until after you beat the Story. But it's different this time around. Meaning, instead of giving said active skylanders a boost in remaining coins at the end of the levels.... simply those elements will get increase in power and EXP when they beat enemies.
---
~N~
#67 Posted: 18:30:27 28/10/2013
JCat, I agree with some of your points but to be honest some problems within the game are getting to me when I play it, to the point I just can't enjoy it. I really like half the levels and go to sleep from the other half, and unlike the console version, there is nothing to distract from it like a bonus mode. Honestly, this just feels like console version watered down. It just makes me pine to play the actual console game, and the original game on the 3DS. Is this normal? Am I dreaming? Does Kaos really have 36 more plans to take over Skylands?

I keep replaying this game because it's really good for levelling characters- much more fun than just grinding on Survival mode- but I continually go between loving and hating it. There just isn't a "special touch", honestly... I mean... Nothing in this title is amazing me. The graphics are sub-par, the new Skylanders' move sets are so simple that they're horrible(from what I've seen- keep in mind I've only played Rattle Shake and Magna Charge so far), the Swapping feels forced in and really... It just isn't that great. What is it about this title that makes me dislike and yet enjoy it so much? It feels like it's just trying to be too much at once. It clearly wants to be the console game yet will always be inferior and as a companion to it it doesn't hold my attention since it isn't different, fresh, or downright polished enough, as an "update" to the Crash-esque fast-pacedness of the original on the 3DS it simply isn't very good, it's just a very average platformer with a high price tag that's only worthwhile if you're already a fan.

Seriously, this image PERFECTLY describes my overall reaction to this game:
[User Posted Image]
(I even have the same kind of haircut... >.>)

BTW, another thing I STILL really miss from SA is the ability to go right into another level that was in the same world without having to go back to Sanctuary. That was amazing- it really cut down on loading times as well. I hope that it gets bought back one day. smilie

The fact that the SWAP Power is on the L Button also sucks for me. I use the L Button for sprinting all the time. It's how you could use characters like Drobot, who seem otherwise impossible. It makes controlling the game much more comfy. My natural reflex uses L to Sprint... I don't know, I just think that could have been better thought out. Maybe you could tap the character and they would activate/deactivate it. I don't like this decision.

Also, another thing, honestly, I was surprised with the story at the start because Moneybones straight up bent reality, teleporting things at the click of a finger. Seriously, he was awesome in that opening. And then he devolved into a pathetically generic villain. That was wasted potential. Imagine what an awesome boss fight we could have had if he would use those powers while fighting you...

By the way, compared to trying to clock high times on 3DSSA, the time trials in this game are still a cakewalk. smilie They're speedier than Giants but because of lock puzzles and cutscenes as well as level design that's not very fast paced anyway, they just didn't give me excitement(besides a couple of the ones near the end, which took me one or two tries to get... Haunted Villa was the hardest IMO). I do think it worked well in a few levels, but I think most of them are more enjoyable in normal mode.

I'm convinced Avoid The Rolling Attack is going to stay uncompleted for me for a while however, it's almost harder than Avoid The Slicers... If not really harder...

Lastly, I'm starting to run into bugs now. I tried using Chill's Wow Pow and instead of summoning the Orcas it's simply making her stuck in the summoning position, and now she can't move out of that at all, even if enemies whack her, unless I quit or restart the level. It actually works fine in Boom Town, but it doesn't work correctly at all in levels that I've tested and results in this glitch, even if I retry from the beginning...

It's definitely an improvement from Giants, though- purely for being less glitchy. smilie
#68 Posted: 21:56:17 28/10/2013 | Topic Creator
JCat, I agree with some of your points but to be honest some problems within the game are getting to me when I play it, to the point I just can't enjoy it. I really like half the levels and go to sleep from the other half, and unlike the console version, there is nothing to distract from it like a bonus mode. Honestly, this just feels like console version watered down. It just makes me pine to play the actual console game, and the original game on the 3DS. Is this normal? Am I dreaming? Does Kaos really have 36 more plans to take over Skylands?

I keep replaying this game because it's really good for levelling characters- much more fun than just grinding on Survival mode- but I continually go between loving and hating it. There just isn't a "special touch", honestly... I mean... Nothing in this title is amazing me. The graphics are sub-par, the new Skylanders' move sets are so simple that they're horrible(from what I've seen- keep in mind I've only played Rattle Shake and Magna Charge so far), the Swapping feels forced in and really... It just isn't that great. What is it about this title that makes me dislike and yet enjoy it so much? It feels like it's just trying to be too much at once. It clearly wants to be the console game yet will always be inferior and as a companion to it it doesn't hold my attention since it isn't different, fresh, or downright polished enough, as an "update" to the Crash-esque fast-pacedness of the original on the 3DS it simply isn't very good, it's just a very average platformer with a high price tag that's only worthwhile if you're already a fan.

Seriously, this image PERFECTLY describes my overall reaction to this game:
[User Posted Image]
(I even have the same kind of haircut... >.>)

BTW, another thing I STILL really miss from SA is the ability to go right into another level that was in the same world without having to go back to Sanctuary. That was amazing- it really cut down on loading times as well. I hope that it gets bought back one day. smilie

I miss that too. Probally the top 3 things I miss about the game. 1st one was how the missions had more of a role in the SL than just something extra to do. the 2nd was this. and the 3rd was how the time challenge/hector challenge was an award for completing all the missions.

The fact that the SWAP Power is on the L Button also sucks for me. I use the L Button for sprinting all the time. It's how you could use characters like Drobot, who seem otherwise impossible. It makes controlling the game much more comfy. My natural reflex uses L to Sprint... I don't know, I just think that could have been better thought out. Maybe you could tap the character and they would activate/deactivate it. I don't like this decision.

I actually use the A button for dashing more than the L button. I think there was one skylander that I was forced to use L due to how the buttons were laid out... or was it the giants slam? well either way that's the only time I used L... though honestly I sometimes keep accidently hitting R to use the swap force abillity which is evil cuz that's not only waisted coins but waisted use of a magic item.

Also, another thing, honestly, I was surprised with the story at the start because Moneybones straight up bent reality, teleporting things at the click of a finger. Seriously, he was awesome in that opening. And then he devolved into a pathetically generic villain. That was wasted potential. Imagine what an awesome boss fight we could have had if he would use those powers while fighting you...

Honestly, the boss battles were a little bit more than the gaints boss battles... but granted that does make since and it would of made the boss battles better.

By the way, compared to trying to clock high times on 3DSSA, the time trials in this game are still a cakewalk. smilie They're speedier than Giants but because of lock puzzles and cutscenes as well as level design that's not very fast paced anyway, they just didn't give me excitement(besides a couple of the ones near the end, which took me one or two tries to get... Haunted Villa was the hardest IMO). I do think it worked well in a few levels, but I think most of them are more enjoyable in normal mode.

I actually finished all the time challenges on 1 try. (minus the first level because I though the game glitched thus I reset but well it was a 'glitch' in a since but otherwise I could get past it. It was where you had to do the 'dash' jump or something... i forget now.) Oh and I beat the boss time challenges too last night so yeah... only one that I almost didn't beat was the last one... and that was i think partically due to the fact i was trying to avoid the fruit too.

I'm convinced Avoid The Rolling Attack is going to stay uncompleted for me for a while however, it's almost harder than Avoid The Slicers... If not really harder...

Ah yes, both of those were really hard. though I haven't beaten 'avoid the slicers' and atleast with that one you're on ice which makes it harder. As for the "avoid The Rolling Attack", it's the only mission besides the swapforce zone's i don't have the movement types for, that I haven't completed.

Lastly, I'm starting to run into bugs now. I tried using Chill's Wow Pow and instead of summoning the Orcas it's simply making her stuck in the summoning position, and now she can't move out of that at all, even if enemies whack her, unless I quit or restart the level. It actually works fine in Boom Town, but it doesn't work correctly at all in levels that I've tested and results in this glitch, even if I retry from the beginning...

I only have normal Chill.

It's definitely an improvement from Giants, though- purely for being less glitchy. smilie

True.

Oh just two more notes.

1) gifts no longer you 'touch' to collect. You have to attack them. Funny though cuz due to this, I accidently grabbed on that I shouldn't of been able to. (aka it was behind a wall and you were supposed to go around to get it.)

2) To me there's one skylanders that's like the best Boss defeater... and that's Chill. I mean seriously... Chill with her Ice walls just rapidly shooting them at close range to the boss... the 1st guy got down in like seconds... so did the 2nd... the 3rd was fast too.

ok, so I finally beat the "Avoid the rolling attack" so I got a few tips for it.

1) Use a Skylander that has a hover ability like Hex (that's who I used.)

2) If you can't get it on the other ones, try decreasing the dificulty. There's not different missions per difficulty. so completeing it on one dificulty is the same as completeling igt on the others. the dificulty will decrease the number of of rolls around.

Wow, Eyebrawl is very strong... I took out Money Bones Suit v3.0 like in seconds... and He didn't even do that dancing lazor show... that's how much I did to him. Also it was on hard mode.

Also anyone else notice the statue of Frightbread? and the laughing you can hear... wonder what he has to do with moneybones... or if it was simply a statue he had... and when i saw it I wondered if there was a statue for Hector.. but I haven't seen one.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:01 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
#69 Posted: 15:20:22 15/11/2013
Well, I'm now totally done with this game, just froze on me today. I was just playing as Bouncer in Samurai Springs and the game randomly locked my system up, I had to hold down the power button to turn it off because nothing else would respond. I wasn't doing anything strenuous or really fast, heck, didn't even have 3D on. I doubt that this is my system because in hundreds of hours playing other games on my XL, I haven't had a single freeze outside of the n-Space Skylander games.

I'm surprised that this didn't happen sooner(happened before I even beat the story on Giants), but also frustrated that it happened at all. I logged only 14 hours and 26 minutes into this game (and that's according to Activity Log, which would also count those load times) before I ran into this glitch in SF. This is my biggest issue with the n-Space games... These horrible bugs just ruin the experience. I'm considering not wasting time on the next 3DS game at all, but I don't know, it'll come with an exclusive variant which might make it better for me to just buy it and toss the game out than order the recolour from eBay.

@JCat was that in the final boss fight? I missed it.

Haha yeah I'm not used to attacking presents. smilie I see how they tried emulating the console version with that but it's just silly. I'm not a fan of it, but it's kind of loveably stupid at the same time.
#70 Posted: 09:15:40 18/11/2013 | Topic Creator

@JCat was that in the final boss fight? I missed it.

Haha yeah I'm not used to attacking presents. smilie I see how they tried emulating the console version with that but it's just silly. I'm not a fan of it, but it's kind of loveably stupid at the same time.

well... Any time I was fighting him with Eyebrawl... I managed to get him to the 'retreat'/loose pretty quickly

However, I noticed the last time I did it... he still did the breakdance spin move... (which he does after a slam when his health gets past a certain point.) I think the reason for it cuz, the first times I was doing it, Undead was the element of the day... but yeah if you wanna speed run this level, I'd susgest Eyebrawl for the boss parts, but a fast/strong skylander for the minions...

Yeah, I kept on worring about accidently forgetting to attack them or something.

And I've completed the game completely... except for the adventure packs, and the 4 swap zones I don't have swappers for.
---
~N~
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#71 Posted: 13:15:43 18/11/2013
Bah, I need help. My wife bought my the 3DS set for our anniversary. So day one I load up eruptor and then I randomly put on rattle-zone (my son's favorite combo). No problem.

Since then, like this weekend for instance, I decided to go ahead and load up my collection, but I can't figure out how to do it anymore. I put a figure on and press down the portal while the IR sensors are looking right at each other, I screw around with menus, I just can't figure out how to import figures. Can someone point me in the right direction?
- Unreall
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#72 Posted: 13:30:50 18/11/2013
In Boom Town, there should be a thin shaped like a portal to the south. Go towards it, and on top of it. It will give you a prompt to press the Y button. If you click it, you wll be able to connect your Skylanders into the game via Infared and Portal.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#73 Posted: 19:29:06 18/11/2013
Quote: zookinator
In Boom Town, there should be a thin shaped like a portal to the south. Go towards it, and on top of it. It will give you a prompt to press the Y button. If you click it, you wll be able to connect your Skylanders into the game via Infared and Portal.

Thanks so much. I haven't had the urge to play it with the two figures loaded on there, but I guess I'll hunt it down so I can load everyone else on :thumbsup:
- Unreall
Lan Green Sparx Gems: 133
#74 Posted: 21:32:43 19/11/2013
Aside from the door opening gag, do the wooden doors in Boom Town ever open? I finished the game, but those doors remain closed. I also noticed there is no area with test dummies for testing out attacks and checking damage.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#75 Posted: 21:16:30 20/12/2013
Can somebody please post a video of the final boss and ending if they've gotten that far?
#76 Posted: 08:20:06 30/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Can somebody please post a video of the final boss and ending if they've gotten that far?

ending as in Ending cutscene? I dunno that's frowned upon by some for the cutscene.... Sadly, i'd still do it... but they no longer show the cutscene after you beat him the 2nd and so on times. smilie I'd have to rebeat the game.

Further more, I've collected Speed and Teleport at christmas. So yeah that much further in completing it.

Also smilie I got Dark Stealth Elf for Christmas. I was realy really surprised to get it. because, well. I knew it came in the dark edition starter packs... and I figured it'd cost a ton of cash to get it outside the starter pack... yet... they got it for me smilie

Speaking of dark editions... well Like I do like Stealth Elf's abilities, but I'm still a little disappointed they have the same abilities and only Dark Spyro has a different set.

Still annoyed by SE's S3 Wow pow... I mean, I keep accidently activating it while either mashing thrown throw after a dash or dashing after a storm throw... so yeah it's annoying... plus... wel the move it self requires great aim... and even then you're just movin along without really doing anything. Wish you could change the direction like in the console versions.

EDIT: Ok just wanted to add some tricks for leveling up, though might of allready said them but eh, might have some new things.

Now I'd susgest for leveling up would be to us the final boss battle. Do NOT use time challenge. Considering with lower leveled Skylanders, you'd wind up not making it, or having very little amount of time left over, that it's not worth it.

So, if you're skylanders' at say level 1 or below level 8. good susgestion would be to wait til the final hit. for those who's played the ending you know that you'll have ample amount of time to switch your skylander to iniciate the final hit. Thus you can jump from level 1 to 5, then to 8 or so in 2 go throughs just on that part alone.

Now once you're confident in skylanders level, then start by only taking out the minions. then when the boss shows back up, switch to a good skylander you know you can kick his butt with. (For me it's Eyebraw because I can knock him out in seconds by mashing the Y button.) Now the 3 rounds before the final round, do this, because your skylander won't get any EXP from it anyways. However, when you destory his suit, after the spinny part, that you will gain a nice amount of EXP. So it's susgested on the final round, kick his butt with your good skylander until he starts the spinny attack. (This shows he's just about done.) You can either switch to the skylander your Leveling up to avoid the blasts or keep your good attacker out to avoid them. (or switch to a good attacker) once her stops. Use the skylander your leveling up to knock him out.... remember, if you don't do it fast enough, he will start back up again.... and yes, you can take damage if your hit by his feet... but he goes slow enough you shouldn't have to be worried unless your attack's to frenzish. Then use the skylander your leveling up to do the final hit... and you're done. Don't forget additional coins going into your EXP too.

Keep repeating that til your at level 20. Which, if you do it without getting knocked out, should have a fully leveled up skylander in 30 mins or less, give or take based on the skylander too... and you're (good one to beat the boss.)

oh and don't forget the element of the day gives a boost to EXP earn... and hats can help you get a EXP boost as well. Boater Hat is so far the best with a 15% increase. Others can get you a 10% increase along with other increases as well.

Anyways, I finally aquired Dig and Stealth. So yay Finished all the levels.. but smilie I found out there's 2 hats I'm missing. Ofcourse, it's possible hidden ones. so smilie

besides that I've got the game complete -minus adventure packs.
---
~N~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:50:59 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
#77 Posted: 16:49:59 27/01/2014
The adventure pack levels were a pretty 'meh' experience compared to the consoles. They're kinda sloppy. The main levels are much better.
#78 Posted: 08:18:03 30/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I see. Well, honestly, I still think they should of let the old adveture packs unlock levels... I mean sure they didn't want to use the old levels because it'd add flaws and such to convert them... like with Giants.

But honestly, they could of easilly remade the levels if they really wanted.

But alas Skylanders 3DS is really missing 2 things really.

1) Multiplayer. true it's got a small street pass feature... but I think they could of done a bit more than just that... like maybe like collect profiles or something... like with the old online game... where you could see they're collection and a bit about them ect. But what they could use is some multiplayer... even if it's a version of the radience challenge where you work with or against the other player(s) to collect the radience. Or even a PvP. Co-Op wouldn't be to bad... unless they go back to how S:SA did things... be a bit harder but still.

2) more to do... I mean sure you can replay levels, beat missions.. but really, you're pretty much playing the same levels 3 times (if you miss it on the first 2 gos) or 2 times. (though I still want time challenge to be more of an award for doing the missions... as opposed to being unlocked simply by beating the levels 1ce.... Made completing the missions that much more awarding, instead of just a 'star' saying hey you beat this.) But like bring back a version of the radience challenge.... don't have to be inorporated into the main story... like make it kind of like an arena mode.... though even adding an arena mode would be nice.

3) yeah i know I said 2 but eh. I'd love if they made the active character switching much faster. Cuz really, it's so slow that it gets to the point where I'm like... Why switch unless I have to (aka swap zones or element zones) Cuz first takes a few seconds to be able to select the character (as in load the menu) then another few seconds for them to say their phrase and enter... I miss instant switching... and wouldn't be apposed to doing a happy middle... as in, go back to only 2 skylanders per level.... but still allow for the virtual collection so you use that to switch your skylanders.

4) I would love if they go back to how S:SA gameplay was... but like keep alot of the newer features. Anyways. all I can think of at the moment.

So yeah.
---
~N~
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#79 Posted: 19:46:44 30/01/2014
JCat, can you not multi-post. If you want to add to the topic, please modify your previous post.
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#80 Posted: 21:11:59 30/01/2014
Apologies if this has already been answered. I've been busy with SSF 3DS for a couple days now and I've completed all the Elemental gates and Swap Zones. However, I'm still missing 7 hats. I've checked where they're hidden, 1 in Bonsai Bay, 1 in Fountain Springs, 2 in Sheep Wreck Island, and the last 3 are the UFO Hat, and unlocked by Summoning Kickoff Countdown and Springtime Trigger Happy. I haven't explored Sheep Wreck Island a 3rd time yet, but I've played Bonsai Bay and Fountain Springs at least 7 or 8 times each and I still can't find those last 2 hats. What's the status on the 3DS hat collection stuff?

Edit 1: I found 2 of the hats. I think it's important to note where they were. The missing hat in Bonsai Bay was hidden in the Earth Gate. You need to be sure to go into it both before AND after you flood the area where you get the cannon ammo. It is also important to note that the Elf hat, is NOT in Fountain Springs, like the museum says. The Elf hat is instead at the very beginning of Toadstool Terrace, under the mushrooms at the first doorway. The museum labeled the hat in the wring level. I'm about to look in Sheep Wreck Island for the last 2 hats, I'll make a second edit after my findings.

Edit 2: I can confirm the last 2 hats were indeed in Sheep Wreck Island. All I'm missing now is the UFO Hat and the 2 Variant Summon Hats.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:44:29 03/02/2014 by SoulfulWolf
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#81 Posted: 02:00:47 31/01/2014
I agree with comments here that the 3DS version of Swap Force feels like going through the motions. Sure you progress through islands in the sky and collect hidden things, defeat enemies, and sometimes go on side paths, but they cut so many things the overall experience of completing a level is really lacking vs. console Swap Force. Examples:

• You don't get a bonus mission map to collect each level
• No legendary treasures to collect afaik, or charms, or soul gems
• Hats you find don't give any stat boosts
• Levels feel more like bare platforms to hop between to get to the end of a level vs. the intricately designed and themed levels in the console Swap Force
• Gold/XP are conflated into one resource, and you don't get to choose and upgrade your Skylanders' skills
• Yes, it's convenient to be able to swap to any of your Skylanders on the go without messing with the portal. But let's be honest, it loses quite a bit of magic with that decision. I'm not saying it was the wrong decision, but it was definitely one with tradeoffs.
• Maybe I'm missing it but no big collection of accolades or achievements to go after

I don't envy N-Space's job, the very act of cramming over a hundred Skylanders into a 3DS cartridge is a huge feat. But it's unfortunate how much they had to cut and skip and take away in gameplay features, it really feels like they overdid it and sacrificed too much of what makes Skylanders fun. (They cut out almost every semblance of personalizing and customizing, and also more or less killed the fun of the collecting everything in a level side, because it's now collecting purely for collecting's sake. In console Swap Force almost everything you collect unlocks some kind of functionality.) They tried too hard to match console Swap Force when maybe that was an impossible premise to begin with and what we are left with is pretty weak sauce.

I have not tried Spyro's Adventure on 3DS yet but I have a copy sitting and waiting for me. Looking forward to seeing how it carves out its own identity from console SA which I started recently on Wii and have been enjoying smilie
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 02:09:43 31/01/2014 by pyro16
#82 Posted: 15:38:40 31/01/2014
Overall it's a decent platformer in my opinion. I like to be able to register my newly bought skylanders right when I get in the car. I can't wait to see how good the handheld games will be if nintendo releases a more powerful handheld soon!
Chrisii2013 Green Sparx Gems: 454
#83 Posted: 18:21:54 13/02/2014
Ive found out there is no way to unlock every single hat in the game because you cant unlock both the hat for completing on normal difficulty and hard difficulty on the same game!!! ive had to start another game on normal and another on hard!! i thought once you unlocked it on one game it will be unlocked on any others!!
#84 Posted: 18:35:05 13/02/2014
^ Which hats are they? I played my file the whole way through on Hard Mode, and the only hats I'm missing are the Spring Hat and Kickoff Hat which I can't get right now.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#85 Posted: 18:50:07 13/02/2014
You can change difficulty in the options.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#86 Posted: 19:49:05 13/02/2014
In addition to that, I unlocked all 3 difficulty hats at once when I beat the game on hard mode.
#87 Posted: 22:44:40 13/02/2014
lol i am dumb i found it
#88 Posted: 16:56:29 14/02/2014
Does anyone know where the princess hat is in clockwork castle?
tenicord Red Sparx Gems: 10
#89 Posted: 17:56:29 17/02/2014
I have the xbox one version. If I buy the 3ds version, I know i can use the skylanders on it, but do their level and powers cross over as well or do all my skylanders start at level one on the new system? Thanks!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#90 Posted: 18:14:42 17/02/2014
Quote: tenicord
I have the xbox one version. If I buy the 3ds version, I know i can use the skylanders on it, but do their level and powers cross over as well or do all my skylanders start at level one on the new system? Thanks!

Yes, all Skylanders hold onto their levels, upgrades, hats, and gold.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#91 Posted: 19:08:15 17/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax

They keep their levels, upgrades and gold when you go back to the console version. But, only hats and levels carry over into the 3DS version. Upgrades are entirely level based, you reach a certain level and you have it. Gold also doesn't exist on the 3DS, as a result. Their upgrades vary, some are very similar to the console version, others completely different (Wind Up, for example, has no "wind" mechanic on the 3DS) - and unlocking them on the 3DS has no effect on the console, and vice versa.
#92 Posted: 12:43:36 18/02/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: Matteomax

They keep their levels, upgrades and gold when you go back to the console version. But, only hats and levels carry over into the 3DS version. Upgrades are entirely level based, you reach a certain level and you have it. Gold also doesn't exist on the 3DS, as a result. Their upgrades vary, some are very similar to the console version, others completely different (Wind Up, for example, has no "wind" mechanic on the 3DS) - and unlocking them on the 3DS has no effect on the console, and vice versa.

The figures can also keep their levels from the 3DS game when going back on console, but you have to place the character on the 3DS portal again to update that. This should also save whatever hat they're wearing in the 3DS version too, I think? But I'm not 100% sure as I think the console version has slightly more hats than the 3DS version. On a side note: Wind Up does have a little bit of a wind mechanic in the 3DS version actually. He just does it while running, powering up his attacks, such as the charged up boxing glove.
#93 Posted: 16:42:50 02/03/2014
Ohmygosh! It happened again! ANOTHER HARD-LOCK WHILE PLAYING BONSAI BAY.

This time the game just randomly froze and I had to hold the power button for about a minute to get it turned off. The screen turned black pretty quickly, but the system was still powered on and I had to continue holding the power button for it to actually shut down. The music kept playing while the screen was black until the console powered down, by the way.

Since this has happened to me two times in the same level and nowhere else- despite me playing certain other levels a lot more- I'm thinking it's a problem with this level. Has anyone else had the console lock up on them randomly while playing this level?

Here are some specifics:

Bouncer-
Was console charging?: Don't know
Was battery low?: No
Was SD Card inserted?: Yes
Was 3D on?: No
Was Wireless on?: Yes, and connected online
Playing Time Challenge?: No
Specific Details: Game froze around the Magic Gate while playing as regular Series 1 Bouncer(level unknown). Magic Gate was unopened. Console lock-up was the same as written at the start of the post.

Dune Bug-
Was console charging?: Yes
Was battery low?: No
Was SD Card inserted?: Yes
Was 3D on?: Yes, all the way
Was Wireless on? Yes, and connected online
Playing Time Challenge?: No
Specific Details: Game froze around the area just before you have to run along the dragon while avoiding cannonballs. Was playing as regular Series 1 Dune Bug(Level 18). Console lock-up was the same as a written at the start of the post.

I wonder if there's some place I can report these bugs formally- I don't want the next game to have a hard-locking bug on another level... But... I'm just fed up with all the freezes and crashes I've had with Giants 3DS and this game and I can't be donkeyed to look into it right now and I'm just more curious to know if anyone else has had this problem...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:16 02/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#94 Posted: 10:33:08 07/03/2014
Well i bought a Swopforce 3DS last sunday and tower of time adventure pack two days later . Ouch i must say that price was painful . For 1 Dollar extra i could have bought the Dark Edition Swop force pack for PS 3 . Probably get that next month .

Kay here is my first impressions . I have only been through halfway the game so far.

I really like that they have different toys . I think DS toys are cooler then the Ps3 Starter . Same as the original SSA . Hmm i had no idea the Swop force toys use magnets . I always imagined them doing a twisty turny thing . Magnets are very efficient . my mother thinks Volcano Eruptor looks very rude smilie but i think he looks like a dark force warrior . I like him .

As usual its annoying that i cannot reset any skylander using the DS . I share the game and toys with my little brother . I am passing the story without using any swopforce and saving Rattle Shake and Free Ranger for little bro . I do appreciate you can finish game story using any skylander you want .

You just needed one giant to unlock all areas in Giants DS but looks like you need 8 swoppers . Not really a problem for me since i dont really unlock everything 100 percent . I do replay the game and try for more challenges but i dont kill myself . Its a bit unfair to hardcore gamers that need to buy at least eight swoppers who want to finish and explore everything.

Little brother is complaining about not seeing Tessa . He likes her .

Boomtown is a great hub . Much better then flynns cramped ship . I love the skylander museum . Oh and hats seem to give bonuses this time how lovely . Its nice to just walk around and explore it or talk to everyone.

I dont like the new shaped portal . It seems ..... cheaper ? I can understand swopforce units needing a special portal but they could have made use our normal portal for core skylanders . The backward compatibality adds to skylander magic for me .

I loved how the old portals could be used for any of the console games . Most of the time when we played SSA PS3 , we used the DS portal . When it got too cramped we put a little plastic cd lid on the DS portal and it worked great . The DS had a wire and the PS portal was too annoying to open up and pull out that wireless USB chip . We saved on batteries and time .

Tower of time level is wonderful . It feels like a real adventure pack and not just another level .

Sky Diamond toy is rather useless since you spend money to make money . The Battle Hammer works great . Poor Popthorn looks awful I suppose his design is too technical for the DS hardware . Its the first time a skylander looks nothing like his toy . That Popthorn is a wierd boy but he is a cutey. I will finish the story using him and Volcano Eruptor .

Money Bone . Another great original bad guy .
Compared to Hektor or Frightbeard , not quite as scary but still more scary then Kaos and he does a little pseudo Swop force trick too . smilie

I like the extra effort done for the levels . The creators really out did themselves . I am sorry there is no find all jackalopes or rescue the pig in tornado challenges. Those were fun and added to the DS being unique . On the other hand my favorite cute green lock monster is there smilie . <YAY !!>
The in level cut scenes and view changing from top to side sometimes makes it more fun. .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:37:13 07/03/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#95 Posted: 17:51:53 07/03/2014
It's been almost a month and I still haven't touched my 3DS edition of SwapForce. lol
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me