Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Swap Force 3DS [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 08:30:06 25/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Go to page 2 for discussion and information about the actual game after it was released.

Talk about the different function you think the 3DS version of Swap Force will have. I do have one feature I'd love for them to add:

I was wondering how the 3DS would work. I mean it's allready bad enough having to load the skyskylander to switch your active skylanders. But with the addition of swapforce characters, it'll be even more pain having to swap the peices then load it. That'd just make playing Skylanders on the go that much more evil.

Ofcourse, I'd love it if they added it to where u only use your portal of power to do 2 things.

1) Bring the character into the game. (This does not include switching your active skylanders)

2) Upgrading your Skylander.

With that this would give players access to all of their skylanders without having to use their portal of power. Plus if you max out your characters, then you don't have to use your portal of power at all (until you get a new skylander.)
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:22:17 28/10/2013 by JCat
gerima Green Sparx Gems: 294
#2 Posted: 00:06:43 29/03/2013
About the portal issue, I had a solution. You only have one Skylander at a time. When you want to use another, you click pause. The pause menu should have a PORTAL OF POWER option. Your portal still isnt connected the whole time, but that way, you can switch Skylanders while in levels.
---
GIANTS ON THE 3DS RULE!
Double Gremlin Tagteam: Pop Fizz and Trigger Happy! smilie
#3 Posted: 22:24:58 29/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: gerima
About the portal issue, I had a solution. You only have one Skylander at a time. When you want to use another, you click pause. The pause menu should have a PORTAL OF POWER option. Your portal still isnt connected the whole time, but that way, you can switch Skylanders while in levels.

doesn't really solve the problem.. they main problem is that the 3DS is a portable rdevice and having to use the portal of power to change your active Skylander makes it less and less portable because Players will have to bring their portal and figures with them. Plus it'd be hard to change them unless your sitting down. Thus further decreasing it's portability
---
~N~
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 22:50:21 29/03/2013
Very good point.

Id say, though I am unsure of it, that we should just have our portal for 1 sole purpose, to load a skylander into the game, but, you can load all of your skylanders into the game once and just switch into any of your skylanders at any time. For SF characters, there would be a pic of the top half that opens up into the 16 bottoms that can go with it.
#5 Posted: 11:58:02 30/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: isaac343018s
Very good point.

Id say, though I am unsure of it, that we should just have our portal for 1 sole purpose, to load a skylander into the game, but, you can load all of your skylanders into the game once and just switch into any of your skylanders at any time. For SF characters, there would be a pic of the top half that opens up into the 16 bottoms that can go with it.

Yeah That's kind of what I'm thinking 2 but for one thing. If you make it so that the portal of power only brings the skylander into the game then how will you upgrade the figure? I'd prefer to keep with having the skylanders level (though that and the hats are the only thing that transvers to the toy) usable on the other games. After all so Far it's been much much much easier to level up a skylander on the 3DS version than it is on the Console versions.
---
~N~
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 02:25:42 31/03/2013
I do agree with the solution that gerima has, but there is still the issue of portability. Hopefully Activision can solve that.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#7 Posted: 03:02:20 31/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: zookinator
I do agree with the solution that gerima has, but there is still the issue of portability. Hopefully Activision can solve that.

Well i depends for me... I mean it would be a step forward but if they did it I hope they keep the two active and only use the Portal to change one of the two. (yes in game level) I just don't want using only have 1 active and change it with the portal. I mean it takes to long to load and it's not instant like console version.
---
~N~
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#8 Posted: 03:19:47 31/03/2013
To solve the upgrading problem when you get home from the car or whatever you can put your skylander on the portal and it could sync it.

(I don't even own a 3DS)
#9 Posted: 00:05:22 01/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I still like my solution. Simply only using the portal to bring the Skylander into the game for the first time. and to upgrade your skylander. not to switch your actives which you could do in game.
---
~N~
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#10 Posted: 16:46:05 04/04/2013
I can see why Activision wouldn't want people loading all the Skylanders onto the game....then you could really just borrow a bunch from a friend and not purchase them. Let's face it, how many of us would just buy the ones we like then load the ones that we don't feel are worth the money? Or better yet 'scalpers' loading a game with the entire lineup and selling it to parents who don't want to buy them all but want little Johnny to be able to use em all?
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#11 Posted: 16:55:52 04/04/2013
but to do that they would have to do some stuff in the game to level up and upgrade the figures so then it would be a used game
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#12 Posted: 12:05:12 06/04/2013
How about no portal you just simply place your skylander on the touch screen. On the touch screen it looks like your looking on the portal and you could switch any time.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#13 Posted: 14:08:38 06/04/2013
How exactly could the touch screen do that?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#14 Posted: 14:56:38 06/04/2013
I really have no idea, I just thought that would be cool
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
#15 Posted: 13:07:13 09/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, let me bring up another 3DS topic. The starter pack.

Now, in S:SA, I liked how they did it. 1 varient of the console starters and 2 skylanders not in the console starters. However, I don't like how Giants did it. 2 exact same skylanders from the console starter packs and 1 variant of a completly different skylander. I think they should of made Tree Rex the varient at the very least. (Gnarly Tree Rex is the tree rex varient.) that way for those who got the portal owners pack, they would have Gnarly Tree Rex and Tree Rex instead of 2 tree rex's. So they made it where you get 2 version of 2 different skylanders and the Console version is different from the 3DS version.

So hopefully, they will actually go back to that. So we can have 1 variant of one of the Console starter pack skylanders and 2 completely different skylanders. Like a Magna Charge variant, Blast Zone, and S2/3 Boomer. (Example's based on Magna Charge, Wash Buckler, and S3 Stealth Elf are the Console version starter skylanders.)
---
~N~
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#16 Posted: 13:42:06 09/04/2013
I agree completely about the starter packss. S:SA got it right, or close enough. Giants botched it.

As for 3DS playing, I rarely alternate characters. I don't feel as compelled to be a completionist on it as I do on the PS3, so I just put 2 of my favorites in the game and go through the levels, skipping elemental areas I can't immediately access.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 04:52:39 18/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzureStarline
I agree completely about the starter packss. S:SA got it right, or close enough. Giants botched it.

As for 3DS playing, I rarely alternate characters. I don't feel as compelled to be a completionist on it as I do on the PS3, so I just put 2 of my favorites in the game and go through the levels, skipping elemental areas I can't immediately access.

^ While it's true I've almost gotten to the point in Giants where I've been just using Stealth Elf and Ninjini.... So yes some times when I'm running through the game I'll just choose two characters. But I also still enjoy re completing it by completing all the challenges. But I think it works more in the first game that way. Though I still do the 1st game.

Now there's another feature I'd love to see the 3DS version get. Multi-player. After all the console versions all have it but in the case of the 3DS there isn't any. In some ways I can see the hand held as a solo adventure for a player but still the ability to have even a bit of multi-player would be fun. Here are some ways I think they could add it.

1) Remember those Radient challenges in the first game? Well one way they could do it would be to simply have a player team up for the challenge. In that way they could either work together to complete the challenge or work against each other to see who could collect the most with in a time limit.

2) PvP: Simply have a version of player vs Player, even combat mode would work here.

3) This one shorta of addes another mode to the other two. Like in the first one players continue to compete or work together to collect so much Radience but also having to deal with a boss.

Ok we also know that the 3DS has both street pass and Spot pass. There are a few things I could see them using those features.

1) The timed challenges. while the game does record your fastest time one of the things is that it could do like a leader board or something where it'll give the fastest times for those you pass by and what not.

2) They could record some info like people you pass by's collection or like how many total skylanders they have. Maybe even their favorite skylander and things like that.

Well those are just some things. So what you guys think?
---
~N~
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#18 Posted: 05:20:28 18/04/2013
Not bad. Hope they don't botch SF3DS like they did with SG3DS
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#19 Posted: 22:53:33 20/04/2013
you can switch with 2 skylanders at a time
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#20 Posted: 14:56:32 02/05/2013
Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it. Giants was such a step down from 3DSSA(in my opinion- let's just agree to disagree and not turn the topic into a debate over that), and is currently my least favourite of the 3DS games I've played by far. I was horribly disappointed to hear that n-Space were making it again.

JCat: I like all of your ideas, although PVP would need massive tweaking to certain Skylanders. (*coughjetvaccough*) Leaderboards would need to use SpotPass to be worthwhile too, because Skylanders' 3DS games aren't widely popular in general, and the one place that gives a crazy amount of StreetPass hits is Japan where the games don't exist.
#21 Posted: 01:45:19 03/05/2013 | Topic Creator
What's the problem with Jet-vac?
---
~N~
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#22 Posted: 19:17:10 04/05/2013
While other characters rack up similar damage eventually, none of them make it as stupidly simple as Jet-Vac. Get in close proximity of foe. Hold down X. BAM, they have lost.

For the damage it does, Jet-Vacuum ticks harshly fast, 50 damage roughly every 0.75 seconds. This is ignoring any critical hits as well.

While it's true that you can't have one good attack to win- Jet-Vac is no exception- he isn't hindered by speed, or lack of agility. He's no slouch when it comes to running about, he can hover a fair distance, and even does damage while dashing. In addition, using the Vacuum charges up a super shot to your Y Attack, which can become ridiculously powerful if you can rack those up. And his Y Attack without boosts may not be especially good, but is usuable from a good range, and does its job.

I always use Jet-Vac against bosses when I can't be bothered properly battling them... His vacuum is plain overpowered, his blast backs it up, and he moves around effectively. He's the only truly broken, unfixable character in the game, in my opinion. Kind of funny, since he isn't especially notable on console.
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#23 Posted: 19:31:32 04/05/2013
i had the blaster path for jet-vac
but you sey the other path is better
i think im going to reset him and take the vacuum path smilie thank you
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#24 Posted: 08:16:10 05/05/2013
They shouldn't let people load all of them, but it should be more than 2 at least 4. I think 8 would be ideal then I could have 1 of each element, but that would still cause issues with people just loading the 8 elements and not buying them.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#25 Posted: 14:09:46 05/05/2013
i think they shoud hav do with every skylander
that you can switch between paths without
reseting
---
#26 Posted: 22:07:49 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylanderfan8
i had the blaster path for jet-vac
but you sey the other path is better
i think im going to reset him and take the vacuum path smilie thank you

Quote: skylanderfan8
i think they shoud hav do with every skylander
that you can switch between paths without
reseting

You are confusing this the 3DS version of skylanders (which is what this threads about) with the console version. in the 3DS version, Skylanders don't have upgrade paths. Infact, they get upgrades when they reach a certain level.

which reminds me. I thinnk they should give skylanders more upgrades. I mean currently, you get 3 upgrades within 10 levels. but the remaining 5 levels you don't get anything which I think sort of bites. And I hear they may bump the level cap to 20... if so that'd be 10 levels we have to go through with no upgrades. That'd not be very fun.
---
~N~
#27 Posted: 05:21:12 06/05/2013
ow srry but if the 3DS version not sow
i didnit now that i hav it for the wii
---
#28 Posted: 22:19:02 10/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ major typo's in that sentence... so much i can't really tell what your saying.

Anyways I do hope we get more information on the 3DS version of Swapforce at E 3.

Hope it's ok to post in this thread... I know there are rules on posting in old threads so hope I don't get in trouble.

Anyways, funny thing is, N-Space (that's the one who did the 3DS version right?) actually did what I was really hoping they'd do. They made it to where you can upload your entire collection and switch between them in the game instead of having to use the portal of power... thank you very much N-Space.

However, some people believe that players might "cheat" and borrow skylanders from friends so they can "Access them all". well Here's a few things I have about that.

As for the "What if they borrow from a friend." Technichally you still have the same thing with the first two. True it'd only last until the player would switch the active skylander but it'd still have a similer effect. Besides, how many people only buy the 3DS version off the game? So they'd still need that character they borrowed if they got the console version.

Now, with this new information in mind it makes me wonder a few other similer things.

1) In the previous games, they still had 2 active skylanders to use during a level. Will the game continue with this or will you have access to your whole collection mid level? Or perhaps will they drop it to only 1 skylander in a level.

2) Some of you may have noticed but the "Special" skylanders, like GITD S2 Cynder. (or maybe it was just her. Though I doubt it.) But if you notice that they were never registered into the collection. So question is will they adjust the collection to add those or will they do something else with it?

Now in a Nintendo E3 montage vid that was shown, so far it looks like the new game is much more nicer than Giants. Well from design and things. Also, Coins are still there as you can see in the top left corner.

However, there are some other things I kind of wonder about.

Hub World: What will that be like. in S:SA it was different from the console version but it was on like an island though you used those gates (almost like some kind of portal) to go to the areas instead of talking to a person who took you to the area. In Giants they made it more alike because your characters were on Flynn's ship. So what would it be like?

Storyline: They say that it's suposed to have a different story... but most other sites I've seen give it the same story info as in they have to go back to Cloud break island... well they be going back to it? I mean there was a part in that video that looked similer to one of the places in the console version vids. (The one that showed the new bird swaplander feet.) So it makes me wonder. But they have confirmed, liek the other it's a new advernture/side story.

Levels/missions: How will they do levels? I mean I'll admit I like how they did it in S:SA a bit better. For starters, each level in a way didn't really share exact missions.. True some where "Collect so many blahs" but it wasn't as frequent and they treated a little more unique missions than the other. In Giants however, they had like 4 missions the exact same in each level, and one unique one. Every one had "Element gates" (Granted so did the first one.) "Giant Areas, and "Collect the coins. And the other thing I liked was that completing a mission had did more than just increasing your "Completionist" rank. Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad as just completing the level to move on but still it does short of take away from the missions. Along those lines, I still kind of wished they'd go back to having the timed challenge only being unlocked after you complete the other missions... or if not that.. then make it where perhaps there's another Special mission that you unlock. or even something more than just a "completion star".

Glitches: One thing I really hope they fix... but honestly, from the looks of the new footage, it's possible they actually, started fresh and not just adjust the game before... which to be honest, I think that's what they did in Giants... they took the first S:SA game data then started adjusting it for the new game. A little sad considering all the problems. But ugh They better fix the Empire of Ice collecting level... cuz it's evil trying to complete that "Avoid the Slicers" mission with only 2 minutes to beat it.

Movement gates: I forgot what they called it... but those special gates where you have to have a certain movement to access... well from the vid, they have that in the game too.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:49 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#29 Posted: 06:44:57 29/06/2013
your post is fine here, dotn be afradi!
as for differenses, darkspyro had different powers right?
so how would that work with the just uncovered dark stealth elf?
#30 Posted: 06:51:49 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Volcanic Eruptor (Varient), Rattle Shake and Free Ranger < are in the 3DS starterpack.

So sadly, they broke the cycle of having the varient being a Magic type.

Anyways, also, http://www.1ofwiisdom.com/2013...ce-3ds-big.html < There's some info there... though it looked like he was saying that you add access to your collection any point in the game... but I could be wrong On that... but it does make me wonder... if they did it that way... how would you get the "Game over" screen?
---
~N~
#31 Posted: 07:03:10 29/06/2013
uh, thats one even i dont know..........
#32 Posted: 07:08:59 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
your post is fine here, dotn be afradi!
as for differenses, darkspyro had different powers right?
so how would that work with the just uncovered dark stealth elf?

It's possible that she won't get a change in move set. But you never know... She could even get "dark" powers. Kind of like with Dark Spyro.

That reminds me... hopfully they included how to do the Series 2 and now series 3 wow pows in the game.... cuz it'd be evil if there didn't like in Giants.
---
~N~
#33 Posted: 07:10:16 29/06/2013
wp? sadly all s3 wil have only s3 wow p, and the s2 wp, well, that one is only for s2 , i think its another killer gimmick hehe
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#34 Posted: 13:26:45 29/06/2013
Just out of curiosity, will Free Ranger and Rattle Shake come in single packagings or only straight from the 3DS starter pack? I really want to own those guys, too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:34 30/06/2013 by TheShadowDragon
sklndrscientist Green Sparx Gems: 333
#35 Posted: 14:03:01 29/06/2013
They will come in single packagings so will Wash Buckler, Blast Zone, and probalt Ninja Stealth Elf.
#36 Posted: 19:54:25 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree... though tree rex didn't come in a single pack.. then again with all the Tree Rex's you could get from the game... who'd want it in a single pack.
---
~N~
sklndrscientist Green Sparx Gems: 333
#37 Posted: 22:13:41 29/06/2013
Tree Rex did not have a single because he was is every pack.
#38 Posted: 18:26:40 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sklndrscientist
Tree Rex did not have a single because he was is every pack.

That's what I'm talking about.

Anyways, I wonder if they'll have some kind of multiplayer in the 3DS version... so far I haven't heard anything official about it.

I hope it's ok to post in this thread... after all I started it. But I figured I'd ask my questions in here and not start a new topic.

Now, we all know that with swapforce 3DS you can upload your entire collection into the game at once. You can also play through the levels with you're entire collection and not just have the 2 active skylanders. Now this bring up a few questions.... though some have been answered there's still a few additional questions that haven't been answered about the new mechanic.

1) End level exp: Now, from those of you who have played the previous games, you know that any additional coins/radiance you had remaining would be given to your two active skylanders. With the way it is now... how will this be done? Will it only be given to the skylander that's active upon finishing the level? Will they divide it up to any of the skylanders that took part in the level? Will they divided it among your entire collection? or will they remove the feature all together.

2) Bonus element of the day: another feature that the 3DS version had to replace the 'this element is stronger in this zone' was the elements of the day. which gave an additional boost to the ending level EXP gained if you used one of the two elements given. With the new way things are done... makes me wonder if they'll adjust this some how, or change it to the way it's done in the console versions.

3) Magic items: Curious about how they work in the new game. Previously it was 'attached' to one or both of the active skylanders.... but with the new 'bring in your entire collection' how are they going to work?

4) Special Variants & duplicate skylanders: Ok in the previous games, 'special' variants, (and this refers to like Glow in the dark Cynde and those that had 'special' in the name but otherwise looked like the normal version in game) these skylanders were playable in the game, but the game didn't keep a record of their progress..... or atleast didn't show them. So will they change it in Swap Force? And as for Duplicates, in fact you were only allowed to have 1 of each toy in your game... so if you had two S1 Sprockets (like I do) only one could be used on the game, and the other would have to 'replace' the old on. Are they still doing this?

5) Dark Edition: I assuming that it's a no... but will there be a 3DS dark edition starter pack... and along the same lines, will the dark skylander have different move sets than their non dark counterparts. Same question could be asked about Dark MegaRam Spyro as they decide to make him like the console version aka a different colored spyro.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:12 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#39 Posted: 00:06:17 04/10/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it. Giants was such a step down from 3DSSA(in my opinion- let's just agree to disagree and not turn the topic into a debate over that), and is currently my least favourite of the 3DS games I've played by far. I was horribly disappointed to hear that n-Space were making it again.

I agree with this. The game was too glitchy and had lacklustre levels.

I hope they worked more on the new Skylanders as well. Another thing I disliked was the fact that new Skylanders were just... Boring. Some felt too similar to the console version, some were too powerful or weak, etc. A lot just had move sets that barely changed as they levelled up, making them feel like more powerful Level 1 Skylanders- in other words, uninteresting as heck.
And they had better not just make levels 16-20 stat boosts again. I will throw my 3DS in frustration. >.>

But the game looks really similar this time... Seems like they're copying several environments from the console version like in Giants 3DS and the gameplay isn't looking great (going for console version mini) like last time... So, in other words, boo. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:08:09 04/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
#40 Posted: 01:33:58 04/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives

I hope they worked more on the new Skylanders as well. Another thing I disliked was the fact that new Skylanders were just... Boring. Some felt too similar to the console version, some were too powerful or weak, etc. A lot just had move sets that barely changed as they levelled up, making them feel like more powerful Level 1 Skylanders- in other words, uninteresting as heck.
And they had better not just make levels 16-20 stat boosts again. I will throw my 3DS in frustration. >.>

I totally agree. the 16-20 or even the 10-20 needs an upgrade in them. It gets very boring going through the level up otherwise.
---
~N~
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#41 Posted: 03:50:16 04/10/2013
What was wrong with Giants on the 3DS? Aside from the crapper frame rate it felt pretty much exactly like SA to me. I see people dissing it and I just don't understand. Heck, I'd say it had better levels than SA.
#42 Posted: 05:49:53 04/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Couragefan09
What was wrong with Giants on the 3DS? Aside from the crapper frame rate it felt pretty much exactly like SA to me. I see people dissing it and I just don't understand. Heck, I'd say it had better levels than SA.

Let's see.. for starters I'm not trying to make this thread a debate of rather Giants or S:SA was better. And to say that I did enjoy Giants and not saying either was better than the other... (though I liked S:SA more that doesn't mean I think Giants was bad.) Now Just going to point out a few differences.

For starters the over all gameplay was a little different. In S:SA you had 5 areas each with 5 levels each. Now the focus in order to proceed from one level to the next was that you had to complete so many missions in previous levels. Finishing the level (with the exception of the radience levels and the very first level) only granted you access to the next level in that area. Thus if you finished (meaning went from the start to the end) every level of that area and didn't meet the correct amount of complete missions. Then you had to go back and complete missions. (This had a similarity to how the original Spyro games did it.) So in a since, the missions were more vital to the completion of the levels than it is now.

In giants, to simply get to the next level you just finish the level rather you complete any missions or not. Giants was also a little more story oriented than S:SA as there was a 'cut scene' after every single level.

Glitches and fixes. Well what I mean is... Giants did improve a few things that S:SA did. One of which was the time challenge/hector's challenge. Though, well to me I think they fixed it and messed it up at the same time. The fix was that whenever you unlocked Hector's challenge... evertime you play the level you're allways diong hector's challenge. So if you just wanna play through the level for fun and not be timed... then to bad in S:SA. But Giants fixed it to where you could either go by a time limit or with out it.... the things I admit I didn't like was that it's unlocked simply by finishing the level.... in S:SA it was unlocked by completing the other missions. Almost like an award for doing it... now completing the missions doesn't really do anything but 'you've completed this much'.... a little sad. So that's what I wished they'd change back.

there were other glitches in the game... like in Empire of Ice's radience challenge... the timer was there even if you didn't choose to play the timed challenge. And there's others but I won't get into them.

the second thing was that, in Giants, you only get 1 unigue mission per level... all the others are the exact same pretty much just the numbers change.... atleast in S:SA the only one was the same was the element doors.

Anyways, enough of that.

This is about Swapforce.
---
~N~
swarm4eva Green Sparx Gems: 186
#43 Posted: 10:59:39 06/10/2013
From what i heard all your skylanders are changeble in game may make loading longer but portibility will be better
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#44 Posted: 17:31:42 06/10/2013
This looks to be the best 3ds version yet. Can't wait to get it.
#45 Posted: 19:13:55 06/10/2013
Quote: swarm4eva
From what i heard all your skylanders are changeble in game may make loading longer but portibility will be better

Loading even longer? Sigh, better carry sewing kits with me... >.>
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#46 Posted: 00:56:24 07/10/2013
It's gone from 4 seconds in SSA to 7 seconds in SG and now 10 seconds in SF. I was hoping the load times on the console versions were going to improve but no dice.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#47 Posted: 06:26:31 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator

Quote: Arc of Archives

Loading even longer? Sigh, better carry sewing kits with me... >.>

I assume you mean the load time from the toy/portal to the game. If so, just think of it this way. You only have to load the toy once.... to play him/her and then every so often upload them to the toy.

all though you could be refering to loading the levels. which it could effect. However I doubt we'll have to wait a super long time. true they could have to reload ur collection but in some ways, they may not have too...

Quote: GhostRoaster
It's gone from 4 seconds in SSA to 7 seconds in SG and now 10 seconds in SF. I was hoping the load times on the console versions were going to improve but no dice.

... your refering to the loading the toys into the game right? Well as stated above.... you only need to load them into the game once and every so often update the toy. And once it's fully leveled up and stuff, there won't be a need to load the toy again. Which to be honest, the 3DS games actually have not been that hard when it comes to leveling up. Infact I think it's easier in some cases.
---
~N~
granitecrusher Green Sparx Gems: 434
#48 Posted: 07:23:39 07/10/2013
Somewhere I read that you can hold all of your charactera at once, and thats why theres the little element boxes in the corners of the touch screen, to sort them out.
---
If anybody has a green Gill Grunt, PM me if you have a reasonable price.
#49 Posted: 18:48:34 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: granitecrusher
Somewhere I read that you can hold all of your charactera at once, and thats why theres the little element boxes in the corners of the touch screen, to sort them out.

Actually, that's been confirmed. You can hold all your collection at once.. (but rather that counts duplicates or not we don't know yet. But I assume no.) and yes It's been confirmed that those element boxes are the 'menu' for switching your skylander in the levels. So yeah.

I've been thinking a bit... you know how Ninja Stealth Elf's new wow pow is that tiger thing... most likely when she goes invisible, you press a button and she'll do the tiger move... but that makes me wonder, how will it be on the 3DS version.

PS, I do hope the mods don't mind but I'll be updating this thread with different things I find out about Swapforce 3DS once it comes out.

So yeah.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:58 30/01/2014 by bionicle2809
#50 Posted: 23:49:01 08/10/2013
Probably the same. While sprinting press a button(I'd imagine Y). Know this sounds contradictory, but remember Drobot's Wow Pow from Giants made him shoot only one Bladegear, ever.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me