Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > "All Purpose" Ratchet and Clank topic
Page 1 of 1
"All Purpose" Ratchet and Clank topic [CLOSED]
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#1 Posted: 00:13:54 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
You know what to do. Chat away!
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 00:20:59 20/03/2013
A Crack in Time became my favorite game in the series. Before it was Going Commando, which is now my second favorite. Such goods games. I hope Insomniac Burbank is willing to give Ratchet & Clank another go for the PlayStation 4. The two North Carolina games were pretty fun, but just don't hold a candle to the other games, even Deadlocked. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:19 20/03/2013 by HIR
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#3 Posted: 02:16:11 20/03/2013
Wasn't there already an "all purpose Ratchet and Clank topic"?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#4 Posted: 21:35:40 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
It wasnt on the list.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#5 Posted: 22:30:39 20/03/2013
Quote: sniper52
It wasnt on the list.

I meant like did you search up the name to make sure there wasn't a topic very similar to this in the first place?

EDIT: *looks it up* Oh okay nvm.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:53 20/03/2013 by Trix Master 100
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#6 Posted: 17:15:02 19/07/2013
*bump* I'm currently playing through 'A Crack in Time' for the first time, and I've gotta say, the game is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, i don't think I've played a game before in my life that has such amazing aesthetics and atmosphere. Also it's the funniest R&C game I've played so far. smilie
#7 Posted: 20:46:58 19/07/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
*bump* I'm currently playing through 'A Crack in Time' for the first time, and I've gotta say, the game is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, i don't think I've played a game before in my life that has such amazing aesthetics and atmosphere. Also it's the funniest R&C game I've played so far. :P

It was so gorgeous, Insomniac said they're never trying anything like it again. ^.^;
---
#8 Posted: 20:50:23 19/07/2013
Quote: HIR
*bump* I'm currently playing through 'A Crack in Time' for the first time, and I've gotta say, the game is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, i don't think I've played a game before in my life that has such amazing aesthetics and atmosphere. Also it's the funniest R&C game I've played so far. smilie

It was so gorgeous, Insomniac said they're never trying anything like it again. ^.^;

Well I'm sure they got bigger things going on... adleast they're still loyal only to Sony... wait....
#9 Posted: 21:04:30 19/07/2013
*bump* I'm currently playing through 'A Crack in Time' for the first time, and I've gotta say, the game is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, i don't think I've played a game before in my life that has such amazing aesthetics and atmosphere. Also it's the funniest R&C game I've played so far. :P

Well I'm sure they got bigger things going on... adleast they're still loyal only to Sony... wait....

No, after ACiT came out, they said "Oh, this is going to be our last 60 FPS game. It's very taxing to make a game like that." Or something along those lines. <.<;
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#10 Posted: 21:34:30 19/07/2013
I only like the very first one.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#11 Posted: 21:48:45 19/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

How come?
#12 Posted: 22:13:45 19/07/2013

How come?

Because the sequels give me a headache, there's just too much action for me.
---
#13 Posted: 22:16:35 19/07/2013
The first one was also structured a lot like Spyro was, to me, with the exception of the weapons and the lack of collect-a-thon. I actually like it the least cause I think the control wasn't quite up to snuff. They made it loads better in Going Commando, and perfected it in Up Your Arsenal. <.<
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#14 Posted: 18:04:24 29/07/2013
i have all the ps2 games and and i know quite a lot about them
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#15 Posted: 19:44:39 29/07/2013

Me too!!! >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
papa123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1372
#16 Posted: 23:38:19 29/07/2013
A Crack In Time is my favorite game.
---
"And now this world shall now Pain!"
#17 Posted: 08:21:45 30/07/2013
Quote: papa123
A Crack In Time is my favorite game.

Of all time? :0
#18 Posted: 10:10:49 30/07/2013
The first one was also structured a lot like Spyro was, to me, with the exception of the weapons and the lack of collect-a-thon. I actually like it the least cause I think the control wasn't quite up to snuff. They made it loads better in Going Commando, and perfected it in Up Your Arsenal. <.<

There's only two things that I like about their sequels, the first being that the action pauses when you select a weapon, and the second, is that you can strafe. In R&C 1 you can strafe but it's awkward as you have to levitate to do so.
---
#19 Posted: 15:03:30 09/08/2013
*cough* http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/..._Into_the_Nexus *cough*
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#20 Posted: 13:33:03 12/08/2013

There's only two things that I like about their sequels, the first being that the action pauses when you select a weapon, and the second, is that you can strafe. In R&C 1 you can strafe but it's awkward as you have to levitate to do so.

In R&C 2 you can change that option, to pause the game or not, just like in the first game. But not sure about the other games...

I just finish the second game by the way... >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:34:21 12/08/2013 by SamXala
popfizzfan4life Ripto Gems: 1471
#21 Posted: 02:25:39 21/09/2013
i grew up with this game. the one from my childhood i played the most was Up Your Arsenal. It had quite possibly the coolest weapons including a medusa gun(RYNOCIRATOR) and a black hole gun. plus, i love the Courtney Gears music video
#22 Posted: 06:49:40 21/09/2013
Ah yes, 'Death to Squishes - Courtney Gears' makes me laugh every time. :3
#23 Posted: 06:55:53 21/09/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
... I feel bad for only playing All 4 One and not buying the originals.. .__.

Don't. smilie 'All 4 One' isn't really a bad game, it's just nowhere near as good as the others, get 'A Crack in Time', you can usually find it pretty cheap nowadays.
#24 Posted: 07:03:28 21/09/2013

Don't. smilie 'All 4 One' isn't really a bad game, it's just nowhere near as good as the others, get 'A Crack in Time', you can usually find it pretty cheap nowadays.

Ooh okay. smilie
I'll have a look for it sometime, I hear it's pretty good.

Pretty good? dihebfurefv YES! IT'S AMAZING! smilie
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#25 Posted: 07:22:16 21/09/2013
I got the HD collection a little while back, cause I'd played the first and I kinda wanted to try the others. The second one was cool, I liked it. The plot was really interesting, and the guns and stuff were pretty cool. But the third I didn't really like? It was alright but it was kinda just 'meh'. I liked it better when it was just Ratchet and Clank and the occasional random friend saving the universe, not the whole 'space cops' and Q Force thing. It just didn't feel like it was about Ratchet and Clank anymore? And the first two had lots of interesting character development, and then this one was just, nah. It was still fun to play, but I just wasn't as invested in them as the first two. It was kinda just 'lol I can turn people into ducks and blow **** up'.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#26 Posted: 10:02:05 21/09/2013

Ooh okay. smilie

I think the statement "nowhere near as good as the other ones" is very untrue.

I won't claim to be a huge fan of Ratchet & Clank, simply because I have not really dived into the franchise enough. The first game I really played was Tools of Destruction, as it was among the 10 or so games my dad randomly bought for my family when he bought our PS3 one Christmas. I played a fair bit into it, but for some reason, never completed it (and I still have it too!). I did think it was a fantastic game though.

I also played the demo of A Crack in Time, and thought it was amazing. Seems more fun than Tools of Destruction, too.

Then, more recently, I played through Q-Force ("Full Frontal Assault" to you Americans out there), as well as playing online in it. And I actually thought it was as much fun as the other two games.

And very recently, I played a bit of All 4 One with my best friend, and we had a blast (I believe my friend never played a Ratchet & Clank game before either). It's the only time I have played the game, but that's because I only intend to play it with friends (online or offline).

With all that being said, I think All 4 One and Q-Force are just as good as any other game in the franchise. I just think fans need to stop comparing them to the main games. Because they are spin-offs.

The main games are masterfully designed, single-player, epic action-adventure games.

Q-Force is a masterfully designed real time-strategy game that retains the mechanics of the main games, with a huge twist on the formula (except the Vita version. That is one of the worst examples of a port ever).

All 4 One is a masterfully designed co-op action game, that again, retains the main formula, with a huge twist.

If you look at All 4 One and Q-Force as grand single-player adventures, then they pale in comparison to the main games. But why would you look at them as grand single-player adventures? They are designed and marketed to be completely different experiences, and are not supposed to be compared to other games in the franchise, and honestly, are pretty innovative games within the franchise.

I'm not saying All 4 One and Q-Force should be seen as the best games. Everyone has their own favourite. But objectively speaking (I have no bias towards any game in the franchise, and I don't have a favourite as I haven't spent much time with the games), All 4 One and Q-Force are about as well made as any game in the main series. They're different, but certainly not inferior.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#27 Posted: 11:14:10 22/09/2013
Crack in Time is my favorite. It had it all: Lots of Quirk RC Humor, Stunning Graphics, Creative Puzzles, Mind Blowing Weapons, The most feels in any RC game to date, and lots of Replay Value! I love it!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#28 Posted: 13:24:24 22/09/2013
All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault aren't bad games. It's just that All 4 One is really meant to be played with friends, and I didn't have any back home who were into Ratchet & Clank, so I never picked the game up. <.<;

I am excited for Into the Nexus, though. ^.^
---
popfizzfan4life Ripto Gems: 1471
#29 Posted: 00:07:58 24/09/2013
what're the ps3 ratchet and clank games like? i only have the first three games and deadlocked
#30 Posted: 00:18:34 24/09/2013
Quote: popfizzfan4life
what're the ps3 ratchet and clank games like? i only have the first three games and deadlocked

They're all good. The Future games are very similar to the PS2 ones, only with SUPER ULTRA MEGA 60 FPS 1080P GRAPHICZ1shift!!!1shift... oh, and more of an emphasis on the story than the previous games. But A Crack in Time is definitely my favorite of the series. <.<;
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#31 Posted: 00:22:58 24/09/2013
[User Posted Image]

This sums up my feelings for the series. (1 through deadlocked).

Also, large image is large.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#32 Posted: 07:13:25 24/09/2013
^ I dun geddit. ._.
#33 Posted: 12:21:48 24/09/2013
Neither do I...Has he beaten them, and the robot Ratchet stands on represents the games? Is he staring out at the many spaceships, and those represent the RC games?
---
nyeheheheheh

#34 Posted: 08:11:18 25/09/2013

They're all good. The Future games are very similar to the PS2 ones, only with SUPER ULTRA MEGA 60 FPS 1080P GRAPHICZ1shift!!!1shift... oh, and more of an emphasis on the story than the previous games. But A Crack in Time is definitely my favorite of the series. <.<;

It's not all about the graphics you know? So there's no need to overrate. smilie I'm joking of course.
I personally think that Ratchet & Clank 1 compared to it's sequels feels more of a platformer, and doesn't have as much action as the rest.
---
#35 Posted: 13:42:12 25/09/2013

It's not all about the graphics you know? So there's no need to overrate. XD I'm joking of course.
I personally think that Ratchet & Clank 1 compared to it's sequels feels more of a platformer, and doesn't have as much action as the rest.

A Crack in Time really brought back a lot of the platforming elements that had been "missing," so to speak. Especially with the Clank sections, which combined it with puzzle elements. But Ratchet got his share through the hoverboots and "spherical worlds" you could explore in the Breegus Nebula. It was nice to finally have a larger exploratory element in an Insomniac game again. <.<
---
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#36 Posted: 21:01:43 25/09/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Ooh okay. smilie

I think the statement "nowhere near as good as the other ones" is very untrue.

I won't claim to be a huge fan of Ratchet & Clank, simply because I have not really dived into the franchise enough. The first game I really played was Tools of Destruction, as it was among the 10 or so games my dad randomly bought for my family when he bought our PS3 one Christmas. I played a fair bit into it, but for some reason, never completed it (and I still have it too!). I did think it was a fantastic game though.

I also played the demo of A Crack in Time, and thought it was amazing. Seems more fun than Tools of Destruction, too.

Then, more recently, I played through Q-Force ("Full Frontal Assault" to you Americans out there), as well as playing online in it. And I actually thought it was as much fun as the other two games.

And very recently, I played a bit of All 4 One with my best friend, and we had a blast (I believe my friend never played a Ratchet & Clank game before either). It's the only time I have played the game, but that's because I only intend to play it with friends (online or offline).

With all that being said, I think All 4 One and Q-Force are just as good as any other game in the franchise. I just think fans need to stop comparing them to the main games. Because they are spin-offs.

The main games are masterfully designed, single-player, epic action-adventure games.

Q-Force is a masterfully designed real time-strategy game that retains the mechanics of the main games, with a huge twist on the formula (except the Vita version. That is one of the worst examples of a port ever).

All 4 One is a masterfully designed co-op action game, that again, retains the main formula, with a huge twist.

If you look at All 4 One and Q-Force as grand single-player adventures, then they pale in comparison to the main games. But why would you look at them as grand single-player adventures? They are designed and marketed to be completely different experiences, and are not supposed to be compared to other games in the franchise, and honestly, are pretty innovative games within the franchise.

I'm not saying All 4 One and Q-Force should be seen as the best games. Everyone has their own favourite. But objectively speaking (I have no bias towards any game in the franchise, and I don't have a favourite as I haven't spent much time with the games), All 4 One and Q-Force are about as well made as any game in the main series. They're different, but certainly not inferior.

What I would say about All 4 One is that while it has many endearig qualities as the others games, you just can't beat the originals. (Not to say All 4 One sucks because it obviously does not!)
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#37 Posted: 21:30:43 25/09/2013
I've only played 1 through deadlocked. It moved to another system, PSP I believe, and I didn't have it. I loved the series though, but some challenges in Deadlocked were the hard as **** >.<
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#38 Posted: 21:31:41 09/10/2013
Some more info on Into the Nexus: http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...us-field-report

My thoughts...

-I SAW THE DIMENSIONATOR! Is it making a return into the story? That'd be pretty cool. I had always imagined the Dimensionator finding its way back into the franchise, but more when it was getting ready to conclude.
-Arenas are back. Yayz. I always enjoyed them quite a bit.
-One quirky design thing I noted in the cutscenes. Vendra Prog has the same razor-like ridges on her back/shoulders as Dr. Nefarious. I'm not sure if it's just a subtle homage or supposed to hint at something bigger. It would be... strange if Nefarious ended up in the game somehow.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:07 09/10/2013 by HIR
#39 Posted: 21:48:15 09/10/2013
Guys...I have a bad feeling about Into the Nexus...It doesnt have an inappropriate title! All good Ratchet games have one! All 4 One did't have one, and look at how that turned out....
---
nyeheheheheh

#40 Posted: 23:06:20 09/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I just realized I made this topic. Lol.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me