Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Flipnote Studio 3D! AWEMGEE!
Page 1 of 1
Flipnote Studio 3D! AWEMGEE! [CLOSED]
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1 Posted: 02:23:31 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator

YESSS!
- Export Flipnote Studio 3D drawings as animated GIFs, a series of GIFs, or AVI movie files
- Draw pictures in 3 layers, 6 colors.
- Sample 3D movies provided. Flipnote Studio 3D to be made available for free on the #3DS #eShop summer 2013.
- Friend Flipnote Gallery community service. Comment, evaluate, and download each others' drawings.
- World Flipnote Gallery global community service. Req. small monthly fee for server, 30-day trial. Specified free hours.
- Depending on how popular your drawings are, the monthly fee may be waived so you can continue for free.
- Flipnote Studio #DSi community services to end on May 31st.
- Flipnote Studio 3D is free to download and use. Friend Flipnote Gallery is free. Only World Flipnote Gallery has a fee.
- If you don't want to pay for World Flipnote Gallery, just export your drawings to GIF or AVI and post them online. #3DS
---
words. letters. filler.
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#2 Posted: 11:58:19 13/03/2013
Hell yes! animations in 3D!
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#3 Posted: 03:10:41 15/03/2013
I like the idea. But! Nintendo is taking down the original flipnote on the DSi (I don't have a 3DS and I just bought a DSi XL not to long ago) and the Monthly fees to get your flipnotes shown across the globe is stupid. Not to mention that not everyone has a 3DS yet because of this crappy economy. Also, they are taking DSi flipnote down at the end of May. Yes I'm a fellow flipnoter so, that is how I know some info. (I also looked it up)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#4 Posted: 09:33:08 15/03/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100
I like the idea. But! Nintendo is taking down the original flipnote on the DSi (I don't have a 3DS and I just bought a DSi XL not to long ago) and the Monthly fees to get your flipnotes shown across the globe is stupid. Not to mention that not everyone has a 3DS yet because of this crappy economy. Also, they are taking DSi flipnote down at the end of May. Yes I'm a fellow flipnoter so, that is how I know some info. (I also looked it up)

No they're not, they're just taking down Hatena. The online service. You can still make flipnotes and transfer the gifs to your PC, then upload them from there. And the price is to pay for the servers. No monthly fee = no online area. (though, you can still share flipnotes with your friends list for free. Or transfer the gifs/avis to your PC and then upload). Yes, you may not have a 3DS yet, but that doesn't stop you making flipnotes. Again, DSi flipnote, only the online (I assume they're transferring the servers for the Flipnote 3D online. Unless you wanna pay a (potentially) hgher monthly fee to show your flipnotes online. (And there will be a free month trial for all users, plus free "trials" (think, Xbox Live Gold Weekend) every so often.
#5 Posted: 21:57:54 15/03/2013
Quote: bisylizzie

No they're not, they're just taking down Hatena. The online service. You can still make flipnotes and transfer the gifs to your PC, then upload them from there. And the price is to pay for the servers. No monthly fee = no online area. (though, you can still share flipnotes with your friends list for free. Or transfer the gifs/avis to your PC and then upload). Yes, you may not have a 3DS yet, but that doesn't stop you making flipnotes. Again, DSi flipnote, only the online (I assume they're transferring the servers for the Flipnote 3D online. Unless you wanna pay a (potentially) hgher monthly fee to show your flipnotes online. (And there will be a free month trial for all users, plus free "trials" (think, Xbox Live Gold Weekend) every so often.

Hatena and flipnote are same basically the thing. They could've done that by selling T-shirts and etc instead of a monthly fee. And not everyone know how to transfer flipnotes on to a computer. You need to read more. I don't have an Xbox live so how the heck am I supposed to think that?!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#6 Posted: 22:13:42 15/03/2013
My decision was made once I read "free".
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#7 Posted: 16:19:26 16/03/2013

Hatena and flipnote are same basically the thing. They could've done that by selling T-shirts and etc instead of a monthly fee. And not everyone know how to transfer flipnotes on to a computer. You need to read more. I don't have an Xbox live so how the heck am I supposed to think that?!

Hang on, I need to read more? Do you understand how servers work? They can't use the same set-up for both sets of software, they're not the same thing. The difference in devices connecting to it. The difference in the flipnotes they create. If they were the same thing, then 3DS owners would have been able to transfer the flipnote software over when all the other software was available to transfer over. Actually, that said. Flipnote and Hatena are two different things. Flipnote is the software. Hatena is the company who set up the online stuff. They do a lot of other services as well. (http://www.hatena.ne.jp/)

And then, complaining about paying for it... You realise the first Flipnote had a paid for service?($3 a month) Yes, this did add few features, but... Still needed to be paid for. I think with Studio 3D, Nintendo are taking over the servers so that they are "in-house". This way the servers are cheaper for Nintendo to keep up(they don't have to outsource them), so a small cost to users each month isn't too bad. They can update it easier.

We also have no idea how much the monthly service is going to be. And, how exactly will they sell t-shirts? Through the Club Nintendo store? Wait, that uses a different currency. And then you have got to cover the costs of fabric and stuff for shirts...

Yes, people may not know how to transfer them - however, those who would be interested in the software would know. Maybe they'd add a tutorial. It was easy enough in the DSi one. Just make sure you have an SD card, save your flipnote, stick the card in your PC, then it's in one of the folders.

As for my other analogy? Well, compare it to anything that gives you a free trial/period of use for the service every so often. eBay free listing weekend. When Steam do the Free Weekends on any of their games. To let people use the software in full.

And anyway, I was having this conversation the other day. If people don't want to upgrade their consoles/insist on buying older versions when the next console is out, that is their problem. Not the companies problem. The 3DS is, what, 2 years old this year? Plenty of time to have upgraded. Not a stupid amount of time to upgrade the Flipnote software and re release. If they had done this 6 months after the 3DS release, then yes, I would understand the gripes around it. As it stands now, I don't. Heck, the flipnote software is now 3 and a half years old! Four if you count how long it has been since the Japanese release of the software. It's your choice to upgrade or not. Your choice whether to pay the monthly fee. Either way, doesn't stop you making flipnotes in either set of software.
#8 Posted: 16:38:20 16/03/2013

Hang on, I need to read more? Do you understand how servers work? They can't use the same set-up for both sets of software, they're not the same thing. The difference in devices connecting to it. The difference in the flipnotes they create. If they were the same thing, then 3DS owners would have been able to transfer the flipnote software over when all the other software was available to transfer over. Actually, that said. Flipnote and Hatena are two different things. Flipnote is the software. Hatena is the company who set up the online stuff. They do a lot of other services as well. (http://www.hatena.ne.jp/)

And then, complaining about paying for it... You realise the first Flipnote had a paid for service?($3 a month) Yes, this did add few features, but... Still needed to be paid for. I think with Studio 3D, Nintendo are taking over the servers so that they are "in-house". This way the servers are cheaper for Nintendo to keep up(they don't have to outsource them), so a small cost to users each month isn't too bad. They can update it easier.

We also have no idea how much the monthly service is going to be. And, how exactly will they sell t-shirts? Through the Club Nintendo store? Wait, that uses a different currency. And then you have got to cover the costs of fabric and stuff for shirts...

Yes, people may not know how to transfer them - however, those who would be interested in the software would know. Maybe they'd add a tutorial. It was easy enough in the DSi one. Just make sure you have an SD card, save your flipnote, stick the card in your PC, then it's in one of the folders.

As for my other analogy? Well, compare it to anything that gives you a free trial/period of use for the service every so often. eBay free listing weekend. When Steam do the Free Weekends on any of their games. To let people use the software in full.

And anyway, I was having this conversation the other day. If people don't want to upgrade their consoles/insist on buying older versions when the next console is out, that is their problem. Not the companies problem. The 3DS is, what, 2 years old this year? Plenty of time to have upgraded. Not a stupid amount of time to upgrade the Flipnote software and re release. If they had done this 6 months after the 3DS release, then yes, I would understand the gripes around it. As it stands now, I don't. Heck, the flipnote software is now 3 and a half years old! Four if you count how long it has been since the Japanese release of the software. It's your choice to upgrade or not. Your choice whether to pay the monthly fee. Either way, doesn't stop you making flipnotes in either set of software.

I'm not tolerating this and I'm ignoring it.
---
icon from Empoh
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#9 Posted: 16:40:57 16/03/2013
I cant wait for this too. It will be fun and hopefully free.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me