Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Crash Bandicoot is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Crash Bandicoot is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 22:36:00 11/03/2013
Skylanders Swap Force is getting a Wii version because they can re use a ton if assets from the first and second Skylanders games, from their Wii versions, so they can make an extra bit of money off of the Wii without too much effort. A good portion of the game is already made for the Wii before they even start that version.

The new Crash game wouldn't be on Wii, as it likely would be built from the ground up.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#52 Posted: 23:51:02 11/03/2013
The Wii version IS being handled by a different company, but I'm guessing Activision is trying to cash in on the people who only own a Wii and don't plan to upgrade before the latest Skylanders comes out. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#53 Posted: 07:47:38 12/03/2013
Just to add a point, why didn't we get a screen cap? Why a photo? Doesn't that make it seem less plausible? (With a photo, you could hide the low-quality aspects, which you can't by doing a proper screen-cap.

And the "home" Bandicoot page is actually "http://village.crashbandicoot.com/". Surely that would've been updated too?

Except, looking at the site again... Bar at the top, whilst saying "Activision" links you to... www.sierra.com. Wait, what? Sierra? I thought they didn't exist any more. Heck, even that site keeps going down. Again, the last one released was indeed published by Sierra, and the lack of update to the site in this regard is slightly understandable.

This could make the fact they were working on something plausible, but canned it before they finished updating everything. Or whoever they got to update the site, did awful work on it.

However, the site being down COULD point to this being true, what if they're updating it now (unlikely, due to timezones...)

As for the "whois" check? Indeed, it is registered (well, the crashbandicoot.com site as a whole, anyway) by Activision(Addresses etc match up). They've had the registration since 2001, and it goes until 2015. Last update was beginning of Feb, although this is likely to be them renewing the domain name(due to being located between the two dates just mentioned). No idea how long they'd last for. There isn't much to see without paying for, though.

For anyone interested, though:
http://whois.domaintools.com/crashbandicoot.com
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#54 Posted: 20:25:15 12/03/2013
o_0 wow, This... This is weird, I thought Crash was in a never endless Limbo, maybe this IS the reason why Crash is not a PSASBR Character, yet...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#55 Posted: 12:25:41 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
The Crash Village website is from Mind Over Mutant.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#56 Posted: 22:41:49 14/03/2013
hope the game is like Crash Twinsanity!
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#57 Posted: 02:58:23 15/03/2013
Do we even need a new Crash game in the present day?

I would like a new Crash game too, but I can't really see it being as great as we would want it to be without Naughty Dog developing it. And since they've clearly moved on to bigger things, that just won't happen. Crash is a dead franchise (save a single iOS game recently) and nobody would be able to do it justice at this point.

Forgive my cynicism, but I'd just rather not be disappointed in the same way I was with Skylanders.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#58 Posted: 03:19:20 15/03/2013
Well I thought Traveller's Tales did a decent job with Twinsanity, when you ignore the Executive Meddling that prevented it from potentially being a GREAT game. Thanks Universal/Sierra, is it any wonder you went under and were swallowed by Activision? <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:19:33 15/03/2013 by HIR
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#59 Posted: 16:16:10 15/03/2013
I think Wrath of Cortex was a great game, but it was the last really good one. With that, I think Naughty Dog would be the only team capable of fulfilling the hype that a Crash return would get.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#60 Posted: 00:41:11 23/03/2013
I stopped after CTR, because I liked Spyro better anyway, but even then Spyro 5 was very mediocre. Twinsanity was the last good game, imo, but I'll give the newer Crash games credit for the humor. Everything else was bad.

If it's a new NON-mutant game, then great, but I have 4 other games to get this year, so... I won't be too disappointing if things don't go right
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#61 Posted: 11:11:29 23/03/2013
I think 'Crash: Tag Team Racing' was the last good Crash game...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#62 Posted: 11:32:38 23/03/2013
Quote: CAV
I think Wrath of Cortex was a great game, but it was the last really good one. With that, I think Naughty Dog would be the only team capable of fulfilling the hype that a Crash return would get.

Honestly, I entirely disagree.

Naughty Dog came up with the original formula, yes, but their formula was very simple. It's easy to recreate. Wrath of Cortex was proof of that.

It's not a case that Naughty Dog is the only one capable of making a great Crash game. It's just that the last two games were the result of publishers thinking nobody wants an old style Crash game.

Naughty Dog could of been forced to make something like Mind Over Mutant if they were under Activision's watch, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't want an outright recreation of the original trilogy's style (though I'd still get it if it was made). I'd prefer the more open world feeling of Twinsanity, but with kinaesthetics similar to the original trilogy. Or, maybe keep the warp room system, but make the levels open, in a manner similar to Mario 64, or just give the levels a lot of converging and alternate routes to explore, like a Sonic game. In terms of moves though, I'd keep it fairly classic, with a few updates to his favoured moveset.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me