Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Crash Bandicoot is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Crash Bandicoot is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 19:00:17 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
http://www.gamingenthusiast.ne...13/03/photo.jpg

!!!!!!!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 19:03:09 10/03/2013
Yay!

No link to the website itself
#3 Posted: 19:03:41 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
The link is down as of now. smilie
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 19:06:25 10/03/2013
B-But, Vicarious Visions is doing Skylanders right now. WHAT SORT OF BLASPHEMY IS THIS?! <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 19:08:51 10/03/2013
Could Crash be in Swap Force as a playable character....Nah....... hmmmmm.
Or VV could be working on both this and Swap Force. Wait, could it be announced at PAX East or E3
#6 Posted: 19:09:14 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Double money whammy!

Maybe this is the reason there hasn't been any news about Swap Force.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 19:29:54 10/03/2013
The interesting thing is that VV said they weren't working on anything but Skylanders. Still...
[User Posted Image]
Have you guys played 3DSSA? They could virtually have just slapped Crash characters onto it and it would have been a perfect game for him! *dies*

Original story: http://www.gamingenthusiast.ne...oot-game-coming
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:36:24 10/03/2013 by GamingMaster_76
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4392
#8 Posted: 19:43:13 10/03/2013
Kill me if that is for ps4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:51 10/03/2013 by EmperorKaos
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#9 Posted: 19:48:28 10/03/2013
I'll probably grab it after I get my Wii U.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 19:49:36 10/03/2013
YAY!!
---
Bring the Fanta
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#11 Posted: 20:55:00 10/03/2013
It's still a rumor, but not yet confirmed. It was stated the site may have gone up earlier then intended, but how would one person find it? Plus it just has the Playstation logo, and stated it could be for PS3, PS4, and PSVita.
Plus it looks easily photoshopped. The HE'S BACK! Logo are the letters from CB:TWOC.
The Eyes look too clear while everything else is blurry.

What the hell o_o Why did THAT picture come up/
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:38:08 11/03/2013 by TacoMakerSkys
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#12 Posted: 21:53:27 10/03/2013
[User Posted Image]

---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#13 Posted: 23:08:06 10/03/2013
It's fake. :c

Edit: just for those that can't figure out why. First give away is the "playstation". Second is this image. http://jaredwortley.blogspot.c...od-texture.html Look at the area it says the systems, then look at that. Specifically the top plank.
---
Do you even pose?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:29 10/03/2013 by FlowxEhtxEbirt
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#14 Posted: 23:18:50 10/03/2013
Yeah, that's not legit in the slightest. First of all, the console logos are far too large - they're normally only small in the footer along with all the legal stuff. Secondly, the eyes are so low-res and obviously just taken from a screenshot of one of the PS1 games.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#15 Posted: 23:25:21 10/03/2013
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt

Edit: just for those that can't figure out why. First give away is the "playstation". Second is this image. http://jaredwortley.blogspot.c...od-texture.html Look at the area it says the systems, then look at that. Specifically the top plank.

Those things don't necessarily make it fake.

The wood texture is just that - stock wood texture. Things like that are used freely with no problems. There would be no need to make a new wood texture when one already exists.

As for simply saying "Playstation", it might purposely be vague because the platform has yet to be finalised. When Sonic 4 Episode 1 was initially teased, one of the platforms was simply "various mobile devices". Chances are the game would definitely be on Vita, but whether the PS3, PS4, or both will ne decided is likely still up in the air. There's also the fact that Sony have been really trying to emphasise Playstation as a brand, so specific Playstation platforms are generally announced later. Also, I figure a fake would of at least put 3DS in there as a platform, to amplify hype. They have not done so here.

It's hard to say right now. I'm just going to wait and see before drawing any real conclusions.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#16 Posted: 23:34:37 10/03/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182

The wood texture is just that - stock wood texture. Things like that are used freely with no problems. There would be no need to make a new wood texture when one already exists.

As for simply saying "Playstation", it might purposely be vague because the platform has yet to be finalised. When Sonic 4 Episode 1 was initially teased, one of the platforms was simply "various mobile devices". Chances are the game would definitely be on Vita, but whether the PS3, PS4, or both will ne decided is likely still up in the air. There's also the fact that Sony have been really trying to emphasise Playstation as a brand, so specific Playstation platforms are generally announced later. Also, I figure a fake would of at least put 3DS in there as a platform, to amplify hype. They have not done so here.

It's hard to say right now. I'm just going to wait and see before drawing any real conclusions.

It's an obvious fake when you really look at it, and look at the source. You can hope for it to be real, but it's only going to lead toward some dissapointment.
---
Do you even pose?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#17 Posted: 23:35:38 10/03/2013
I'm thinking that it's a fake to be honest.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#18 Posted: 23:41:23 10/03/2013

It's an obvious fake when you really look at it, and look at the source. You can hope for it to be real, but it's only going to lead toward some dissapointment.

My point with that post was not to encourage hopefulness, but to show that there are equal arguements for and against the legitimacy of the image.

As I just said on another topic, I won't believe or disbelieve anything until I see an official response from Activision or Vicarious Visions.
---
#19 Posted: 23:57:28 10/03/2013

My point with that post was not to encourage hopefulness, but to show that there are equal arguements for and against the legitimacy of the image.

As I just said on another topic, I won't believe or disbelieve anything until I see an official response from Activision or Vicarious Visions.

You'll be waiting a while if you're waiting for them to confirm it as fake. Normally they wouldn't care for these types of rumors. As for it being real. If it is, they'll announce it within a few days. I usually don't come straight out and say something is fake, though this is an obvious one.
---
Do you even pose?
#20 Posted: 00:06:08 11/03/2013

You'll be waiting a while if you're waiting for them to confirm it as fake. Normally they wouldn't care for these types of rumors. As for it being real. If it is, they'll announce it within a few days. I usually don't come straight out and say something is fake, though this is an obvious one.

Also, I'm not saying I want this to be fake. I'd love a new Crash game. Just, take this "news" with a grain of salt. No reason to get any hopes up over this. This is gonna be just as bad as those fake pokemon X/Y rumors. Though, they can be proven alot faster. Just, they spread really fast, and this is already starting to spread.

Oops. Thought I pressed edit. Dx Sorry for the double post, people... I accidently quoted my message instead.. >.<
---
Do you even pose?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:08:02 11/03/2013 by FlowxEhtxEbirt
#21 Posted: 00:11:38 11/03/2013
I don't know. I know using older material for a teaser image seems like an indication of a hoax at first. But it's not unseen where legit teaser images for new projects only use older images. That's kind of why it would be a "teaser", especially for something like Crash. The older images tickle the nostalgia nerves.

Again, Sega did a similar thing with Sonic 4 Episode 1. The first images released to tease the game were actually a silhouette of the Sonic 1 logo, as the official Sonic 4 Episode 1 logo is similar to that. However, this actually caused people to think it was a hoax, or at least, that it was merely a HD remake of Sonic 1. Both of those groups of people turned out wrong. The images were actually leaked before they were announced. This was what kept people cynical for a while - much like this scenario.

I'm not getting my hopes up or down personally. It could go either way at this point. Especially with that Crash poster that was spotted not long ago.
---
#22 Posted: 00:22:24 11/03/2013
I don't know. I know using older material for a teaser image seems like an indication of a hoax at first. But it's not unseen where legit teaser images for new projects only use older images. That's kind of why it would be a "teaser", especially for something like Crash. The older images tickle the nostalgia nerves.

Again, Sega did a similar thing with Sonic 4 Episode 1. The first images released to tease the game were actually a silhouette of the Sonic 1 logo, as the official Sonic 4 Episode 1 logo is similar to that. However, this actually caused people to think it was a hoax, or at least, that it was merely a HD remake of Sonic 1. Both of those groups of people turned out wrong. The images were actually leaked before they were announced. This was what kept people cynical for a while - much like this scenario.

I'm not getting my hopes up or down personally. It could go either way at this point. Especially with that Crash poster that was spotted not long ago.

It a silhouette of the Sonic 4 Ep 1 logo - they are the exact same logo, with the 4 and 'episode 1' sections not visible on the silhouette of the logo in the first place. In this case, the person have literally taken an image from one of the PS1 Crash games and copped and pasted his eyes onto an image.

If this was really being made, and VV/Activision really wanted to 'tease' us - they would take high quality renders of the actual Crash model and alter the lighting as to make his eyes completely visible and possibly darken the rest of him slightly; adding him into the background image of the website.

Oh, and that Playstation logo is from the actual PS1. Besides, if it was real and coming out on both PS3 and PS4 then they would use the logos for the PS3 and PS4; not just the words 'Playstation'.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#23 Posted: 00:40:47 11/03/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I love how they are trying to point out it is fake as if they don't want it and having nothing better to do then point out that it is fake. That really pisses me off when people do that. It's really annoying.

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEE
---
words. letters. filler.
#24 Posted: 00:46:12 11/03/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I love how they are trying to point out it is fake as if they don't want it and having nothing better to do then point out that it is fake. That really pisses me off when people do that. It's really annoying.

Because it's so obviously fake and some people can't seem to understand that. Personally, I couldn't care less if they made a new Crash game or not - I'm being realistic that they won't, but it's not like I specifically don't want to see it.

This fake image is going to spread around like wildfire and it'll get to the point where no one will listen to reason and the points that prove it's fake. Even when VV said that old Crash poster in their office was not a game they were currently working on, people still said "I don't believe them, they're hiding something" because everyone on the internet had already decided "this must be for a new game, why else would it exist?" and didn't take the logical reasons into consideration.

That is why people like me must constantly remind people that it is fake.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#25 Posted: 00:52:11 11/03/2013
Woah guys let's just point out every single thing that looks slightly wrong!.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#26 Posted: 00:55:57 11/03/2013
Dude, I don't understand why you're getting mad.
I want a new Crash game as well, but that doesn't mean I should automatically believe anything that brings the possibility of it. Skepticism is a good thing IMO.
Also, I went to that URL in the image and got nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:21 11/03/2013 by Carmelita Fox
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#27 Posted: 01:14:07 11/03/2013
That's because sonicbrawler was trying to suggest that it might not be 100% fake or real. I don't see what the deal is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:34 11/03/2013 by Carmelita Fox
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#28 Posted: 01:35:32 11/03/2013
IT MUST BE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#29 Posted: 02:29:51 11/03/2013
If it doesnt exist, my blood pumping heart will...... CRASH!

See what I did there
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#30 Posted: 03:48:27 11/03/2013
hahahaha! NEW CRASH!!!!!
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#31 Posted: 06:39:02 11/03/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

It a silhouette of the Sonic 4 Ep 1 logo - they are the exact same logo, with the 4 and 'episode 1' sections not visible on the silhouette of the logo in the first place. In this case, the person have literally taken an image from one of the PS1 Crash games and copped and pasted his eyes onto an image.

If this was really being made, and VV/Activision really wanted to 'tease' us - they would take high quality renders of the actual Crash model and alter the lighting as to make his eyes completely visible and possibly darken the rest of him slightly; adding him into the background image of the website.

Oh, and that Playstation logo is from the actual PS1. Besides, if it was real and coming out on both PS3 and PS4 then they would use the logos for the PS3 and PS4; not just the words 'Playstation'.

Actually, the original teaser silhouette was the Sonic 1 logo. In the Sonic 4 logo, his right ear sticks out of the emblem, while in the Sonic 1 logo it doesn't. The silhouette doesn't have the right ear sticking out (and the overall size of Sonic is more like Classic Sonic, which would also make it the Sonic 1 logo. The flashy lights highlight his body shape, making his size clear). It may be the same pose and the emblem is similar, but the positioning of everything is different between the two logos.

As for Crash, I still am not concluding anything until hearing something official (or if we don't hear something for quite some time).
---
James08 Green Sparx Gems: 230
#32 Posted: 07:05:40 11/03/2013
Hmmm...

Personally, I believe Crash lost his thrill after Twinsanity. Once CotT and MoM came out, it was just...*shakes head*

No. Nope.avi
---
"A Nord's last thoughts...should be of home..."
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#33 Posted: 09:42:15 11/03/2013
What is this Witchcraft!All of those precious memories I have lost from growing up have come back to me.I am ALIVE!
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#34 Posted: 12:22:37 11/03/2013
I found a video of some people talking about the new crash game
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#35 Posted: 16:36:04 11/03/2013
The video is blocked here. I used to love Crash Bandicoot when I was a kid.
---
Im so proud of you
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#36 Posted: 17:34:27 11/03/2013
Please be real please be real please be real PLEASE BE REAL.
#37 Posted: 17:39:59 11/03/2013
That was an excellent podcast (been meaning to check Crasscast out actually), though my opinion has not changed. I will wait to see if something is announced, or if it is officially debunked. There are a lot of strong arguements for it to be fake or real.

And I think "shoddy design" does not really point to it being fake at all. Much like a video game, websites need refinement. The old Playstation logo could be a placeholder. Heck, the entire layout could be a placeholder. And as the podcast said, this game being real would completely explain Crash's absence from PS All-Stars thus far. Crystal Dynamics explained already that Lara Croft was not in All-Stars because they wanted people to see the "new" Lara in the recent Tomb Raider reboot, and that if she were to ever appear in the game, it would have to be through DLC, and left us with a teasing "wait and see" comment. If there really is a new Crash in development, it's likely Crash has been held back as potential DLC for All-Stars until at least the new game's announcement.

I also found the site's lack of a 404 error interesting, as the podcast said.

But I have other things tempting me to call it fake, as well as real, so yeah, it's 50/50 for me. I need something official to believe it's real. But there hasn't been astounding evidence deeming it fake, albeit some evidence.

At the least though, even if it is fake, I hope Activision notices the reaction. Crash would make money.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#38 Posted: 17:48:18 11/03/2013
So could someone check this Whois? Isn't that a domain host database?
http://www.ps3trophies.com/for...e-incoming.html

As long as this dude isn't lying post 16 points to it being real.

Yet post 17 seems like the most likely outcome seeing as VV are working on nothing but Skylanders. smilie I need to stop getting so excited.

Uugh, I just want confirmation on wether Crash is in limbo and if there's any kind of game for him or not, the last game he had was CNK2 which sucked and his last good, major game was MOM which never caught on.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:51:19 11/03/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#39 Posted: 18:02:43 11/03/2013
That was an excellent podcast (been meaning to check Crasscast out actually), though my opinion has not changed. I will wait to see if something is announced, or if it is officially debunked. There are a lot of strong arguements for it to be fake or real.

Yes... Please do.

At the least though, even if it is fake, I hope Activision notices the reaction. Crash would make money.

I personally think it's safe to say that this example in particular is fake or a very rough design - it doesn't mean that Activision aren't working on something Crash related. Last I remembered, they've canceled 4 Crash projects since MoM in 2008 - so it shows that they have been working on various ideas and maybe said "Actually, this isn't good enough" or it could be that these 4 ideas were all much like the Spyro's Kingdom concept - where various developers would pitch an idea to Activision and they would pick the final idea; the final idea in that case being what turned into Skylanders.
#40 Posted: 18:49:33 11/03/2013
Yeah, I know you do work for the site, bionicle. I visited it once and I believe I read one or two of your articles. smilie

And I saw that post on ps3trophies, GM. I wanted to bring it up, but I didn't really know what it meant. Wasn't bothered to check Whois through my iPhone.
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6271
#41 Posted: 19:03:40 11/03/2013
I just have something to say about the picture, look at it and then bend your screen down, there appears to be something in the darkness that looks like hands to me.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#42 Posted: 19:19:35 11/03/2013
Quote: AJAwesome
I just have something to say about the picture, look at it and then bend your screen down, there appears to be something in the darkness that looks like hands to me.

I noticed that. Wasn't sure if it was something being reflected off of the screen or something that's actually part of the image. For a second I thought it was a silhouette of an environment, with a palmtree or two, but that's highly unlikely and is my crazy imagination at work.
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#43 Posted: 19:32:10 11/03/2013
CRASH LANDERSSSSS
#44 Posted: 20:08:52 11/03/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
CRASH LANDERSSSSS

That's just pun-believable.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#45 Posted: 21:40:53 11/03/2013
Playstation? Xbox? Wii U? Fine now one of my favorite characters returned and then i can't play it smilie
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me