Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Update!!!! [CLOSED]
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#1 Posted: 23:08:18 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
There is a new update that fixes the crashing issues and adds the social aspect and saving to the cloud. smilie
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
BenandDaddy Green Sparx Gems: 418
#2 Posted: 23:32:03 05/03/2013
But the social aspects don't load. All I get is error.
#3 Posted: 23:57:22 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I haven't tried it yet. My hubby and I both play from devices with the same apple ID and I don't know if it will try to wipe one of them out. I'm just excited that my game works again!
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
mjbergg97 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#4 Posted: 01:09:32 06/03/2013
CLOUD SAVING!!! Finally!
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#5 Posted: 02:15:54 06/03/2013
But still no Ninjini.
#6 Posted: 09:14:55 06/03/2013
Arghh it's taken all my airships and replaced them with standard air balloons. Oh, and it's now working fine.

@Lash I read that u can still play under the same apple ID but different activision I'd.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#7 Posted: 13:51:14 06/03/2013
Feel free to add wideawakewesley on game center to exchange gems.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#8 Posted: 14:34:59 06/03/2013
Quote: BenandDaddy
Arghh it's taken all my airships and replaced them with standard air balloons. Oh, and it's now working fine.

@Lash I read that u can still play under the same apple ID but different activision I'd.

How'd you get your airships back? I had one but it seems to be gone now...
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#9 Posted: 14:47:36 06/03/2013
It took about ten minutes to download and five seconds to install. smilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#10 Posted: 15:10:43 06/03/2013
What are your gaming IDs folks. I have no friends on Lost Islands currently.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#11 Posted: 15:22:40 06/03/2013

@BenandDaddy - what error message are you seeing? Did you successfully create an Activate account?
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#12 Posted: 15:55:54 06/03/2013
I updated Lost Islands and after first loading it asked me to login using Activate. I did, and then app exitted. Now, whenever I try to open game, it exits after a bit of loading. Does it happen to anybody expect from me?
---
Any Osu fan here?
#13 Posted: 16:34:35 06/03/2013
Advisor_Orville, how do we get our Airships back? I had one but it disappeared. I wouldn't be upset but they have to be purchased with green gems, that cost actual money, and the Airships are pretty expensive... Thanks for any help!
---
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#14 Posted: 16:50:50 06/03/2013
I've also had a glitch with the adventure airship. After downloading the update my adventure airship has turned into a normal adventure balloon. Is there anyway to fix this?
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:36:38 06/03/2013 by Star Dragon
#15 Posted: 17:35:02 06/03/2013
Quote: Kesrael
Advisor_Orville, how do we get our Airships back? I had one but it disappeared. I wouldn't be upset but they have to be purchased with green gems, that cost actual money, and the Airships are pretty expensive... Thanks for any help!

Thanks for reporting! We have been able to replicate the problem you are seeing. Fortunately this is purely a visual error. The Adventure Airship will still function as normal (including your bonus gold pay outs!) It is simply missing the art. We plan to bring the visual back in a future update. In the meantime it should still work for you.

Thanks!
#16 Posted: 18:16:18 06/03/2013
Quote: Advisor_Orville

@BenandDaddy - what error message are you seeing? Did you successfully create an Activate account?

No error or anything. But as your post above states itsvjustvart issue, I'll update if I see any issues. Thanks for letting us know.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#17 Posted: 18:23:03 06/03/2013
All of a sudden, I can't visit my friends islands. I get an error message which reads "An error occurred trying to visit your friend. Please try again later."

Not only that but, now Activate won't load for me either. Everything was fine just like an hour or so ago.

I also have the vanishing balloon bug. For some reason though, one balloon is still visable for me.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#18 Posted: 18:25:49 06/03/2013
So can we only have 5 people in our 'gift list' cause I now have more than 5 people added (thanks to all you guys) but can only see 5 names in the game list.
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#19 Posted: 18:32:02 06/03/2013
I have six ppl on my gift list
Triplestringer Green Sparx Gems: 220
#20 Posted: 18:40:33 06/03/2013
Hi, I have 45 people added that I can visit and gift etc, thank you to everybody who has added me.

Any more friends are welcome to add me: skylanderbunny
---
Activate name: skylanderbunny
#21 Posted: 18:40:36 06/03/2013
Ok. I haven't watched when my Skylanders come back to make sure I'm getting the bonuses, I just saw the art was missing like you said. Thank you Advisor_Orville, for you help and you guys keep up all the awesome work you do!
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#22 Posted: 19:22:51 06/03/2013
Quote: Kesrael

Thanks for reporting! We have been able to replicate the problem you are seeing. Fortunately this is purely a visual error. The Adventure Airship will still function as normal (including your bonus gold pay outs!) It is simply missing the art. We plan to bring the visual back in a future update. In the meantime it should still work for you.

Thanks!

Can you please take a look at Skylanders Cloud Patrol? I cant get the game to login to activate any more it just crashes at the loging it to activate. I have tryed reinstalling it like 3 times but it still will not work.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#23 Posted: 20:26:18 06/03/2013
Ok, I'm getting the bonus from my airship. Shame about the art etc and I see there is no balloons leaving or coming back either. I loved that bit.
Also, shut the app down and re-started and have everyone showing now.
davesmsperfect Blue Sparx Gems: 930
#24 Posted: 20:29:35 06/03/2013
I'm getting the error code: 2001 while trying to finish my account. I'm stuck at 80%.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#25 Posted: 20:35:54 06/03/2013
I've just checked the airship that has turned into a balloon and it is still giving bonus payouts so it's good to know that it is just a visual error.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#26 Posted: 23:17:17 06/03/2013
Quote: davesmsperfect
I'm getting the error code: 2001 while trying to finish my account. I'm stuck at 80%.

You should be able to log out of Activate and then log back in through Facebook to resolve the issue.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#27 Posted: 23:20:55 06/03/2013
Any news on the error im having in Skylanders: Cloud Patrol?
Edit: got your pm and it did not start after the new update to lost islands, It started happening after the most recent update to Skylanders: Cloud Patrol.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:53 06/03/2013 by darkrai848
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#28 Posted: 23:47:45 06/03/2013
If I sign up for an Activate account, but don't like the "social" features, will I be able to turn it back off? I don't know what all "social" means. I'd try it out, but then if I'm unhappy with it, I'd want to make sure I can turn it off again without losing all of our progress. Is it like in Universe where there is no chatting, just anonymous island visiting and sharing? I'm asking because of my young kids that play Lost Islands.
Zyndra Green Sparx Gems: 118
#29 Posted: 04:51:37 07/03/2013
Quote: DarthW
If I sign up for an Activate account, but don't like the "social" features, will I be able to turn it back off? I don't know what all "social" means. I'd try it out, but then if I'm unhappy with it, I'd want to make sure I can turn it off again without losing all of our progress. Is it like in Universe where there is no chatting, just anonymous island visiting and sharing? I'm asking because of my young kids that play Lost Islands.

As far as I can see so far, it's only island visiting and clicking a send gift button.

Feel free to add me! Username: Zyndra

Thank you! smilie
#30 Posted: 06:36:51 07/03/2013
Advisor_Orville:

How do I accept friend requests? I assume that's what the little ! on the Activate symbol in the upper-right of the Lost Islands screen means, but when I tap in there, I see a number 2 in a circle on the "friends" tab, but I can't see anything... only the ability for me to search for more friends, etc.

EDIT: I've found that I can view and accept the pending requests through Cloud Patrol with no problem, but even after a complete shut down and reboot of my iPad (1st gen), there is no way for me to view or accept the individual requests in Lost Islands. So, whatever the problem is with me viewing and responding to friend requests, it is a problem with Lost Islands specifically.

Also, because my small kids play this, I will NOT be linking it to my Facebook account. Partly out of privacy concern, but also because I don't want my kids spamming out announcements about their in game achievements, requests and ads to everyone I deal with in real life via Facebook. That said, is there ANY way to have a 100% complete Activate account WITHOUT linking it to Facebook? If there is not, I think it's bad form on Activision's part unless I can first link it, then disable any Facebook interaction via Parental Controls of some sort, which don't seem to even exist... and I don't want to link it just to find out that it's not possible to do so.

Some people don't want everything linked to Facebook, and believe it or not, some people don't even USE Facebook. What about us?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:55:19 07/03/2013 by DarthW
#31 Posted: 09:13:14 07/03/2013
You should be able to edit who sees stuff from the app via your app permissions section on FB. For FB games I use specific lists for people who play, for other stuff (like what I'd do for this) I make sure it's under "only me" so no one else sees anything posted by it (head to your security settings, then apps. Should be in your app permissions under "Activate". Just change the settings from public/friends to only me). Though I do agree it needs to be made so it doesn't need to be connected to FB.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:17:40 07/03/2013 by davesmsperfect
#32 Posted: 15:27:51 07/03/2013 | Topic Creator
When you add your Facebook you can select only me. No extra hassle involved.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#33 Posted: 17:38:52 07/03/2013
I just wish it did not need to link to Facebook. I think it's a crappy thing for Activision to do.

If I link to Facebook, and if I restrict the app will my son, when playing lost islands, be able to tap on the Activate icon and somehow post ANYTHING to Facebook or read anything from Facebook without needing to enter my Facebook password first?

I *STILL* have the problem with accepting requests through Lost Islands. I have 6 pending now, but no way to respond... but when I go into Cloud Patrol, I am able to accept them. It's a solid workaround, but it is also a pain in the kiester.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:55 07/03/2013 by DarthW
#34 Posted: 18:03:23 07/03/2013
Anyone having problems with selecting stuff now?? When I select a Skylander to send on a quest, it takes me to their select screen with their picture and write up. Then after selecting it then shows the wood cabin end now for 30 gems option. And I have to press visit island or accept gift like 10 times to select it.
#35 Posted: 18:13:19 07/03/2013
Anyone having problems with selecting stuff now?? When I select a Skylander to send on a quest, it takes me to their select screen with their picture and write up. Then after selecting it then shows the wood cabin end now for 30 gems option. And I have to press visit island or accept gift like 10 times to select it.

I just tested sending a skylander on a quest. It worked normally for me. I used the regular adventure balloon since I don't have any airships.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:20 07/03/2013 by DarthW
#36 Posted: 18:50:36 07/03/2013
Gift is random between gems, gold, energy and ??? Wich is....exp...rly disappointing.
#37 Posted: 19:04:18 07/03/2013
Quote: lushipur
Gift is random between gems, gold, energy and ??? Wich is....exp...rly disappointing.

never gotten anything but gems.... Did they change it?
#38 Posted: 19:17:12 07/03/2013
Up until today I was only getting Gems. Now I am getting a bit of everything but still mostly Gems.
---
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#39 Posted: 19:24:22 07/03/2013
Quote: davesmsperfect
Quote: lushipur

never gotten anything but gems.... Did they change it?

I get gems MOST of the time, but have gotten exp some also. If you "open" a gift and watch, you will see the pictures of gold, gems and experience cycle throgh before announcing your gift, like they do on the wishing well. This implies that it is random to some degree, although so far is seems to greatly favor gems and I hope they don't change that.
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#40 Posted: 21:53:02 07/03/2013
I know no one who actually plays this game other than myself, let alone one that owns a device required for playing Lost Islands...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
#41 Posted: 22:58:34 07/03/2013

There is no chatting. You can see your friends' names in a list and visit each of their kingdoms. You can also exchange gifts with them. If you decide to play logged out after you transfer your progress you would need to start over.
#42 Posted: 23:15:15 07/03/2013
Advisor_Orville, do you have an Activate account? lol
---
#43 Posted: 23:17:39 07/03/2013
Advisor_Orville:

How do I accept friend requests? I assume that's what the little ! on the Activate symbol in the upper-right of the Lost Islands screen means, but when I tap in there, I see a number 2 in a circle on the "friends" tab, but I can't see anything... only the ability for me to search for more friends, etc.

EDIT: I've found that I can view and accept the pending requests through Cloud Patrol with no problem, but even after a complete shut down and reboot of my iPad (1st gen), there is no way for me to view or accept the individual requests in Lost Islands. So, whatever the problem is with me viewing and responding to friend requests, it is a problem with Lost Islands specifically.

Also, because my small kids play this, I will NOT be linking it to my Facebook account. Partly out of privacy concern, but also because I don't want my kids spamming out announcements about their in game achievements, requests and ads to everyone I deal with in real life via Facebook. That said, is there ANY way to have a 100% complete Activate account WITHOUT linking it to Facebook? If there is not, I think it's bad form on Activision's part unless I can first link it, then disable any Facebook interaction via Parental Controls of some sort, which don't seem to even exist... and I don't want to link it just to find out that it's not possible to do so.

Some people don't want everything linked to Facebook, and believe it or not, some people don't even USE Facebook. What about us?

No need to link to Facebook if you don't want to! You can simply select the "Register using ACTIVATE" option when creating an account instead of "Register using Facebook"

As for the inability to accept invites. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will look into this issue and get back to you. This is the first we have heard of this, thanks for reporting!
#44 Posted: 23:32:11 07/03/2013

No need to link to Facebook if you don't want to! You can simply select the "Register using ACTIVATE" option when creating an account instead of "Register using Facebook"

As for the inability to accept invites. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will look into this issue and get back to you. This is the first we have heard of this, thanks for reporting!

I caved and linked it to facebook after talking to some others about what it really allows. I don't see a way that my kids could easily access my Facebook account through the game. I was mostly concerned that they would be (inadvertently) spamming my Facebook friends with announcements from the game, but I set the app in Facebook to only show updates to me.

Activate seems safe and simple for the kids. After trying it, I like it. Well done. The facebook thing I'm not sold on, I don't see any advantage to me in having them linked since I'm not going to invite facebook friends to play. If I remove that app from Facebook, it probably won't do any harm to my save game, as long as my Activate account still works... but I probably won't do that unless I notice it being a problem.

Thanks for looking in to the problem adding friends through Lost Islands. If there is anything else I can provide that will assist, please let me know.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:17 07/03/2013 by DarthW
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#45 Posted: 23:47:45 07/03/2013
Add me: DangerBee
---
81/99!
#46 Posted: 05:46:42 08/03/2013
The most friends i have, the less gems i seems to get. It seems to me the amount of gems a day u can get is fixed.
Same for the 3 hit for every visits u do. Before i was getting like 3 gems always, now is like 1 gems every few friends.
#47 Posted: 13:07:12 08/03/2013
Any idea when we'll be getting the new characters [Legendary Chill & Ninjini] & if they'll be putting the variants on [jade Flashwing, Polar Whirlwind, Scarlet Ninjini]?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#48 Posted: 13:10:29 08/03/2013
I don't expect it, but I would be thrilled to see more variants get added
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#49 Posted: 14:56:07 08/03/2013
YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 100 ACTIVATE FRIENDS!!! This absolutely needs to change.....
---
#50 Posted: 15:14:02 08/03/2013
Quote: Trexroarr
YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 100 ACTIVATE FRIENDS!!! This absolutely needs to change.....

OMG!! Wow, that's totally NOT going to work!! I'm already at like, almost 80...
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me