Page 1 of 1
Problem in Haunted Towers [CLOSED]
Neo_Mametchi Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1 Posted: 21:31:11 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I was just in Haunted Towers when I got to that big room with a bunch of doors. I went into the one outside area with one of those big metal chest that need to be superflamed/supercharged on the edge of the platform (where that small lake is). I superflamed it and it released a bunch of gems, but I watched as a red one popped out then rolled right off the cliff into the bottomless abyss! I just stood there like WTF?!?

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 12:22:45 03/03/2013
Yeah, something like this has happened to me before in Spyro 3, and after a few seconds, the gem just came up and into Spyro really quickly, like in a spilt second, and Sparx didn't even get the chance to grab it. Insomniac Games must have programmed something if a gem falls off the ledge, because it rarely happens.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3 Posted: 12:34:17 03/03/2013
Oh, that's happened to me twice, and both times I heard the little "ping!" as Sparx picks up the gem and gives it to you, and he didn't even move. So I got the gem alright.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Neo_Mametchi Green Sparx Gems: 249
#4 Posted: 17:04:58 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I didn't even notice if I got the gem or not... I turned the game off before I got a chance to check.
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#5 Posted: 18:12:07 03/03/2013
I heard dropped gems always jump to you just like if Sparx got them
---
Any Osu fan here?
Spyro1995 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1750
#6 Posted: 10:37:40 09/03/2013
I have had this twice, once in ETD and once in YOTD. In YOTD the gem just came flying back up again and into Spyro. But in ETD it just fell down the hole... and stayed there. I had to do the level twice just to get that one gem.
---
My collection: LINK
pupachu Red Sparx Gems: 65
#7 Posted: 02:19:31 11/07/2013
At Haunted Towers, I killed a gnorc and the gem fell down the side. It never came up so I just jumped off and killed the gnorc again and got the gem. sometimes when I kill gnorcs I don't get the gems.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#8 Posted: 17:59:11 13/07/2013
In Dry Canyon, the first part where you see the watchmen with his vultures, you can kill a vulture over a tar pit and the (10) gem will fall in, although you will get accredited for it.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#9 Posted: 07:18:08 14/07/2013
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
In Dry Canyon, the first part where you see the watchmen with his vultures, you can kill a vulture over a tar pit and the (10) gem will fall in, although you will get accredited for it.

Strange.
I suppose in A Hero's Tail they tried to fix this issue by having the gems magnetise into Spyro, but you don't need to collect them in that game anyway.
---
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#10 Posted: 22:18:11 21/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yeah, something like this has happened to me before in Spyro 3, and after a few seconds, the gem just came up and into Spyro really quickly, like in a spilt second, and Sparx didn't even get the chance to grab it. Insomniac Games must have programmed something if a gem falls off the ledge, because it rarely happens.

They did. This is a known issue in Shelias Alps, but when gems fall down, they randomly fly back up. Similar to how in Spyro 2, the orb like things in the Power Plant Puzzle will do the same thing in hurricos. Grab one of those orbs, spit it off the cliff and it randomly flies back up.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#11 Posted: 09:47:01 22/07/2013
Quote: spyrobeta
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

They did. This is a known issue in Shelias Alps, but when gems fall down, they randomly fly back up. Similar to how in Spyro 2, the orb like things in the Power Plant Puzzle will do the same thing in hurricos. Grab one of those orbs, spit it off the cliff and it randomly flies back up.

Oh yeah! I think I remember that happening to me once before back in my earlier days of Spyro. He had one in his mouth, and there was an enemy running towards the edge, and so I thought I'd breathe fire, but forgot he had the thing in his mouth, so that went over the edge, and quickly plopped back on like nothing had happened to it. The enemey disappeared too.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me