Page 1 of 1
Xbox 360 portal problem [CLOSED]
pajames2 Red Sparx Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 11:44:07 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, we purchased the xbox 360 spyro adventure pack today, whenever we load 2 of the 3 included skylanders onto the portal i.e. gill grunt the game freezes and the xbox has to be reset. Only 1 of the 3 skylanders works the other 2 will freeze the game as soon as they are put onto the portal, any ideas why this could be happening would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 22:14:23 01/03/2013
Well, I can tell you that "Adventure Pack" means something different than what you're talking about, sounds like you're talking about the Starter Pack, which comes with the game itself, the portal and 3 figures (Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy).

I would try plugging the portal into another USB port, or at least unplugging it and plugging it back in. I would suggest rebooting the system, but I suspect you've had to do that every time it froze anyway. Also try removing the disc and going into maintenance to delete all the game data (to basically install it again). Perhaps that data got corrupted.

Usually when there's a problem, the game doesn't freeze, it just shows a screen saying "There's a problem with a toy on the portal" and you can just move the figure around, figures usually work on different parts of the portal.

If plugging the portal in a different place doesn't work, I would suggest returning it to the store to exchange for another set.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#3 Posted: 10:13:10 02/03/2013
when pajames2 said adventure pack, she meant the "Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack"

also, as with almost any game, try installing the game to your 360 instead of playing it off the disk.
it will run allot smoother.

it could also be a problem with the console's USB port(s)
see if other things work ok with them.
and remember, when unplugging anything from USB ports, always pull straight out, never wiggle !
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:45 02/03/2013 by Hazard335
pajames2 Red Sparx Gems: 10
#4 Posted: 23:12:10 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the replies, yes I did mean starter pack lol
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 03:04:19 03/03/2013
Brain fart... I read it as Spyro "Adventure Pack", instead of "Spyro Adventure" Pack, LOL! Mentally associated "Adventure" with the wrong word, LOL!

Well, looks like we're all understanding eachother, so no harm done. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 11:48:26 03/03/2013
delete save files.. they maybe corrupt....
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#7 Posted: 12:16:01 04/03/2013
It could be the figures. When I play with Whirlwind the game freezes after about 5 minutes. It never happens with the other figures.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#8 Posted: 21:28:36 04/03/2013
reset the figures then.. it maybe got corrupt save on it...
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#9 Posted: 21:29:25 04/03/2013
Activision Support is your friend.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me