Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jade Flashwing = Target Exclusive [CLOSED]
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#1 Posted: 01:28:52 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Just in case anyone needed visual proof...

I wouldn't wait too long to get this, Target Exclusives seem to be the toughest exclusives to get a few months after having been released.

EDIT as of 3/8/13: Jade Flashwing will NOT be available for purchase at Target stores until March 17th, 2013. Even if they have some showing as in stock or are even on their shelves, their checkout systems will not allow them to sell it until that date.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-In...fa371c0&afsrc=1

[User Posted Image]
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:43:37 09/03/2013 by DluA
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#2 Posted: 01:32:49 28/02/2013
Rumor was St. Pattys day... Maybe shipping now?
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#3 Posted: 01:37:43 28/02/2013
Smexy
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4 Posted: 01:57:59 28/02/2013
I have never had trouble getting Target exclusives. The reason why people have trouble getting Target exclusives, is because most people wait until the last minute thinking they will always be there.

On day 1 of release, they will be plentiful.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#5 Posted: 02:05:26 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Agreed, but the casual fan will wait and then become frustrated weeks later because it will only become harder and harder as the weeks go by.
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#6 Posted: 02:07:32 28/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I have never had trouble getting Target exclusives. The reason why people have trouble getting Target exclusives, is because most people wait until the last minute thinking they will always be there.

On day 1 of release, they will be plentiful.

This, I got lucky with Granite crusher, I didn't grab SG till about 3 weeks after release
Wakeup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#7 Posted: 02:10:55 28/02/2013
Is she out already?
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#8 Posted: 02:11:49 28/02/2013
So the advice for Target is to get there first day? mmmk.
#9 Posted: 02:13:50 28/02/2013
If you count some crooked employee dork in Cali, who is selling one on Ebay, then yeah. Other than that, it's not out yet, sadly.

Ready for wave 4 to be done. In that, I mean I wish L-Chill, Jade Flashwing, and wave 4 singles and triples would hurry up and show up, so I can take another small breather until wave 5 comes out.
---
Wakeup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#10 Posted: 02:33:35 28/02/2013
So only Ninjini was the one came out and no one else?
#11 Posted: 02:44:46 28/02/2013
Yeah, Hex. When it comes to Target exclusives, it's a good idea to get them the first week they come out.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 02:52:09 28/02/2013
If you count some crooked employee dork in Cali, who is selling one on Ebay,[...]

Based on...?
Ash64 Blue Sparx Gems: 979
#13 Posted: 11:19:38 28/02/2013
Here in the UK I can see 2 listings for Flashwing on the Tesco website but the pictures are of the same normal flash wing. Except ones says new on it? Am tempered to buy one
---
smilie
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#14 Posted: 12:40:46 28/02/2013
uhg looks like ill be getting this one off ebay too...
#15 Posted: 12:42:31 28/02/2013
Tupelo, you are Candian right?
Ristogriffith Green Sparx Gems: 100
#16 Posted: 13:47:49 28/02/2013
http://www.target.com/p/skylan...&term=Flashwing
#17 Posted: 13:50:12 28/02/2013
Looks like will start showing up soon. Hopefully I can snag a couple this weekend.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#18 Posted: 13:51:50 28/02/2013
Quote: Ristogriffith

Awesomeness. She showing up as in stock for anyone yet?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#19 Posted: 13:55:41 28/02/2013
I checked not for me.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#20 Posted: 14:13:28 28/02/2013
It says in stock for In Store, but none around me are coming up. Hmm.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Moondrake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1032
#21 Posted: 14:16:32 28/02/2013
All out of stock around Chicago.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#22 Posted: 14:39:56 28/02/2013
That store inventory tracker was never right when it came to Granite Crusher, so take it with a grain of salt...
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
init6 Green Sparx Gems: 201
#23 Posted: 14:44:13 28/02/2013
I have found the store inventory checker to be wrong a majority of the time, even for regular figures, let alone the more unique ones. With that said none are showing in stock anywhere in the Indianapolis area.
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#24 Posted: 14:51:29 28/02/2013
Not yet in the Dayton area. Of course the website also says Fright Rider has been in stock at every Target within a 50 mile radius for the past month. smilie
Rhonan Green Sparx Gems: 103
#25 Posted: 14:58:14 28/02/2013
Quote: esmeraude
Not yet in the Dayton area. Of course the website also says Fright Rider has been in stock at every Target within a 50 mile radius for the past month. smilie

Yeah, I was fooled by that misinformation a while back smilie

Jade Flashwing not listed in stock at any of the stores around me, which leads me to believe it hasn't officially been released for sale yet.
Ristogriffith Green Sparx Gems: 100
#26 Posted: 15:00:49 28/02/2013
I've found that the store tracker for Target uses the same DCPI for Skylanders so they always show up in stock when you search.. But since these Jade Flashwings are showing as out of stock I'm guessing they have their own DCPI.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#27 Posted: 15:06:49 28/02/2013
lol 2 of my Target has them instock in store search. called them but unfortunately its with same DCPI assortment with regular flashwing singles box so it showed available. both checked in their back room but nada. they told me again its the same DCPI prolly its showing instock online. ah crap i thought id get 1 already smilie
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#28 Posted: 16:24:05 28/02/2013
OK...so 3 weeks ago I posted that this was a Target exclusive, and very few people believed me.
Now that people seem to be convinced, you're still ignoring the St. Patricks Day release date.

So, instead of running around thinking these are on the shelves at Target, they are not.
It's "possible" that a few might get put out early by overzealous team members, but Jade will be featured in the March 17th and March 24th Target weekly ads. Target is holding back the quantities so they can support that ad. They won't release them now, and then be sold out when the ad hits on March 17th. Yes, they will be limited, but since she's featured in back-to-back weeks in the ad, you should have no problem going to your local Target and buying her between March 17-March 30th. This isn't like Walmart's Molten Hotdog where it just shows up randomly in certain parts of the country and slowly makes its way to the rest of the stores. ALL Target stores will have these in stock in about 2 weeks. And you won't have to go at 8am in the morning to get one, either. Just relax and wait a couple weeks.
#29 Posted: 16:25:50 28/02/2013
Yeah, I did a look with a zipcode of 90036, which is in California (even though I live in Oklahoma), and one store shows as instock.

So, at least one store in one zipcode put them out already.
---
#30 Posted: 16:26:27 28/02/2013
Oh, and I talked to my manager friend at Target yesterday before TRU opened, and he said they weren't street dated. As soon as they go in, they're hitting the floor.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#31 Posted: 16:34:42 28/02/2013
Quote: lesty
OK...so 3 weeks ago I posted that this was a Target exclusive, and very few people believed me.
Now that people seem to be convinced, you're still ignoring the St. Patricks Day release date.

So, instead of running around thinking these are on the shelves at Target, they are not.
It's "possible" that a few might get put out early by overzealous team members, but Jade will be featured in the March 17th and March 24th Target weekly ads. Target is holding back the quantities so they can support that ad. They won't release them now, and then be sold out when the ad hits on March 17th. Yes, they will be limited, but since she's featured in back-to-back weeks in the ad, you should have no problem going to your local Target and buying her between March 17-March 30th. This isn't like Walmart's Molten Hotdog where it just shows up randomly in certain parts of the country and slowly makes its way to the rest of the stores. ALL Target stores will have these in stock in about 2 weeks. And you won't have to go at 8am in the morning to get one, either. Just relax and wait a couple weeks.

But lesty, people will run in as soon as it comes out and buy 8 of them, because they need one for themselves, their dog, their cousin, their brother in law, their third cousin first removed, some random guy they pass on the street and the homeless guy on the corner. These variants are actually kind of funny, how people go nuts on them because they are exclusive/limited, like they did with Molten Hot Dog. It is amazing what an "exclusive" tag does to the average consumer.
#32 Posted: 16:36:24 28/02/2013
Oh, and I talked to my manager friend at Target yesterday before TRU opened, and he said they weren't street dated. As soon as they go in, they're hitting the floor.

Yeah, but to control that they will simply not send them out until very close to the weekly ad, and since it is in two consecutive weeks, they will probably be sending a bunch. Nothing ruins an advertised special and makes customers angry more than not having it in stock.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#33 Posted: 16:43:52 28/02/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: lesty

But lesty, people will run in as soon as it comes out and buy 8 of them, because they need one for themselves, their dog, their cousin, their brother in law, their third cousin first removed, some random guy they pass on the street and the homeless guy on the corner. These variants are actually kind of funny, how people go nuts on them because they are exclusive/limited, like they did with Molten Hot Dog. It is amazing what an "exclusive" tag does to the average consumer.

especially funny is hearing from the people who are ready to boycott Activision forever because of having to buy an S2 version of a character they already have an S1 of, and then they run all over creation looking for a color variant of a character they already have.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
jjgames Green Sparx Gems: 403
#34 Posted: 16:52:54 28/02/2013
I'm going to assume lesty was right on both accounts and not look for this until closer to St. Pats day. Guess I should also listen more closely to lesty in the future. Thanks
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#35 Posted: 16:55:28 28/02/2013
Lesty, thanks for giving us the early inside info on this! You've proven the naysayers wrong, but I understand their skepticism with all the jokers that come on here and spread made up stuff. Your info always seemed legit to me.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#36 Posted: 16:55:38 28/02/2013
St. Patty's day is only a couple weeks away and retail stores regularly do holiday sales a week, or even two, before the actual holiday.

So if it is a St. Patty's sale release, at most we are a week away. Good chance it may happen with this Sunday's ad.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#37 Posted: 16:56:15 28/02/2013
Apparently a couple stores in CA have them in stock. Put in this CA zip - 91331 - and at least one store lists them. Between that and the ebay auction, I think they are coming out. I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the east coast in about a week. Bear in mind, that is just a guess based on past experience.
#38 Posted: 17:03:35 28/02/2013
It's not a "St. Patrick's Day" related item, it is simply going to be in the ad that comes out on March 17th, which just happens to be St. Patricks Day.

It was also stated above that the DCPI listed on the site is the same as regular Flashwing and that's why people are seeing that their local stores already have it.
---
#39 Posted: 17:04:20 28/02/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Apparently a couple stores in CA have them in stock. Put in this CA zip - 91331 - and at least one store lists them. Between that and the ebay auction, I think they are coming out. I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the east coast in about a week. Bear in mind, that is just a guess based on past experience.

Target's website for determining stock of skylanders is not the best source for availability. If you look for any of the rarer skylanders, like Fright Rider, they will show as being in stock at every store, which is not true.
#40 Posted: 17:04:46 28/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
especially funny is hearing from the people who are ready to boycott Activision forever because of having to buy an S2 version of a character they already have an S1 of, and then they run all over creation looking for a color variant of a character they already have.

They are complaining because their Activision isn't controlling their OCD for them. Simply having it be "special" in some way makes a lot of people kick into full-on hoarder mode, buying one for everyone that has even mentioned Skylanders to them. I did this a little for the first game, back when finding anything was notable, I bought some figures for neighbor kid's parents (which they appreciated, but I could tell it wasn't a big deal to them), but quickly learned to stop doing that. Now when something comes out, I'll tell them where they can find it if they want one - and if they want me to get them one while I'm there, they can give me the money up front for it. The only ones I buy other than one for my sons are for birthday gifts for a specific party my son is invited to.
Menace Gold Sparx Gems: 2166
#41 Posted: 17:07:47 28/02/2013
Good spot! Tempted too seeing as the 'new' one is obviously the wrong item given the international peg shape on the card.

May just order, easy to refund if not Jade FW

Quote: Ash64
Here in the UK I can see 2 listings for Flashwing on the Tesco website but the pictures are of the same normal flash wing. Except ones says new on it? Am tempered to buy one
#42 Posted: 17:12:31 28/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
It's not a "St. Patrick's Day" related item, it is simply going to be in the ad that comes out on March 17th, which just happens to be St. Patricks Day.

It was also stated above that the DCPI listed on the site is the same as regular Flashwing and that's why people are seeing that their local stores already have it.

That is incorrect

207-00-1140 - Regular Flashwing (and other Skylanders in assortment)

207-00-1147 - Jade Flashwing

There is also at least one ebay auction from California selling her in hand, so it's a safe bet she's there.

Quote: Rhonan

Target's website for determining stock of skylanders is not the best source for availability. If you look for any of the rarer skylanders, like Fright Rider, they will show as being in stock at every store, which is not true.

That is because all the assortment Skylanders use the same DCPI. Jade Flashwing uses a different DCPI, therefore Target's website will be accurate about her, not counting that day's sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:16 28/02/2013 by SSj3 Derek
bo1500000 Blue Sparx Gems: 554
#43 Posted: 17:36:26 28/02/2013
I hope your right about target's online system, but I have never had any luck with what shows up in the stock online being there when I arrive at the store. Anything that comes in mixed cases, cause anything that "could" be in the case show up as in stock. Hopefully Jade Flashwing will be in separate cases.
#44 Posted: 17:43:13 28/02/2013
I am just guessing here and some Target employees should be able to verify, but My guess is it will come in a box all it's own. I think it would be harder to make sure that Target was the only one who got Jade Flashwing if they put them in mixed boxes.
#45 Posted: 17:44:19 28/02/2013

That is incorrect

There is also at least one ebay auction from California selling her in hand, so it's a safe bet she's there.

That is because all the assortment Skylanders use the same DCPI. Jade Flashwing uses a different DCPI, therefore Target's website will be accurate about her, not counting that day's sales.

Ok, it seems the codes are different, but it is likely that they have something on the box that says when they are to be put on the shelves. If not, there would be a high likelihood that come March 17th, every store could be sold out of the item that is featured in their print ad. I'm sure that many from here will be harassing Target employees until then to attempt to get their Jade Flashwing early though.
---
#46 Posted: 17:50:08 28/02/2013

That is incorrect

Ok, it seems the codes are different, but it is likely that they have something on the box that says when they are to be put on the shelves. If not, there would be a high likelihood that come March 17th, every store could be sold out of the item that is featured in their print ad. I'm sure that many from here will be harassing Target employees until then to attempt to get their Jade Flashwing early though.

It was already stated in this thread that there is no street date on the boxes, and as soon as they get there they will be hitting the floor.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#47 Posted: 17:50:45 28/02/2013
Just got back from Target and had them look up the DCPI number. Obviousbly none in stock. The date they had tied to Jade FW in the system was March 24th.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#48 Posted: 17:58:25 28/02/2013
all three targets show out of stock in store, checked online, however it does come right up as Jade.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
#49 Posted: 18:07:04 28/02/2013

That is incorrect

It was already stated in this thread that there is no street date on the boxes, and as soon as they get there they will be hitting the floor.

I am not saying either of side of going to the floor or street dated is right. However, just because it is not on the box does not mean it is not street dated. Could be an email stating that it can't be sold until X date.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#50 Posted: 18:16:08 28/02/2013
I was simply trying to say, for those that are worried about not getting a Jade Flashwing, don't be. Target is very careful about having in-stocks for when the ad hits. I assume stores will be getting her within the next two weeks, and I have no idea if some employees will have access to buy one, or put some out before the street date. But quantities should be fine those two weeks leading up to Easter.

If she wasn't going to be in all stores, or inventory was limited, we would not be able to put her in the Weekly ad. There are very strict guidelines for what can go in the ad, as Target never wants to "bait and switch" or dissapoint guests, like some retailers.
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me