Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jade Flashwing = Target Exclusive [CLOSED]
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#351 Posted: 22:15:32 08/03/2013
I got mine all 3 bubble bags smashed cards bent flashwing in one had both of her wings broken off real big deal first time buying from target online not doing that again look out store here I come for a return!
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Aptocurse Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#352 Posted: 22:48:07 08/03/2013
I just got my Jade Flashwing in perfect condition from target.com!
---
I just want....whatever is coming out next smilie but I really want more variants!
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#353 Posted: 23:15:56 08/03/2013
I just got mine delivered from Target as well (I ordered a total of 3 Jades; for me and a couple for a friend overseas)... they were delivered in a box, perfect packaging, no complaints here!! smilie I love Jade's colors and am excited for Polar as well!! These are my two most anticipated variants!! YAY!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#354 Posted: 23:38:25 08/03/2013
I don't see how it's Target's fault if your package arrives damaged anyways. That's the post offices issue or whoever Target ships through.
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#355 Posted: 23:42:58 08/03/2013
I think they are mad that they were shipped in Bubble Mailers.... Which it sounds like Trixster must have done three seperate orders because I did two orders of three and they came in a box.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#356 Posted: 23:48:36 08/03/2013
Quote: DutRank
I don't see how it's Target's fault if your package arrives damaged anyways. That's the post offices issue or whoever Target ships through.

Disagree. It depends on how Target packaged them when they shipped them out. If they shipped them in bubble mailers, that's complete BS.
#357 Posted: 23:51:45 08/03/2013
It can go either way.

Let's be honest.... Any place who ships will try and do it for the least amount of cost. Shipping something in a bubble mailer is less costly then shipping something in a box.

I look at it this way, if I am going to keep something in the box I will either find it in store, or if I am buying it from someone on Ebay I will pay extra to have them ship it in a box.

It's one of them things where Target is at fault to a point. They really can't control what happens to it when after it leaves. However, if they ship it everything in a box we will pay more for shipping.
#358 Posted: 01:27:44 09/03/2013
Considering the cost of having something shipped from Target.com, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to ship it in a decent manner. If they offered free shipping or such, that'd be a whole different ball of wax.

But I disagree with the final point you made. There are two parties that are a part of this transaction - the seller (Target.com) and the buyer (ideally, me). I'm giving Target.com my money in exchange for a new product. It is a reasonable expectation for that new product to arrive in like-new condition. *I*, as the buyer, have no control over how Target.com chooses to package the product or how they choose to ship the product. Target.com has 100% control over those choices. Therefore, it is a reasonable expectation that Target.com use good judgement when making the decisions on how to package and ship a product - because I can't make those choices for them.
davesmsperfect Blue Sparx Gems: 930
#359 Posted: 01:37:09 09/03/2013
Mine came in a padded envelope but my Jade was in perfect condition. TBH I was a little surprised they shipped them that way. I can see soft items but not electronics.
#360 Posted: 01:42:43 09/03/2013
Quote: davesmsperfect
Mine came in a padded envelope but my Jade was in perfect condition. TBH I was a little surprised they shipped them that way. I can see soft items but not electronics.

And that's my point. If the figure was damaged in any way then that's mishandling by the post. So someone should still return it because that's a viable reason to. Just make sure to have your packing slip and you're good to go.
#361 Posted: 02:15:39 09/03/2013
@UncleBob.... So, how does the package get to you? Thru UPS or whoever they chose. Yes, the choice is theirs on who to use. However, Target or whoever you buy something from has no control over what happens to that package after they ship it. Yes, shipping it in a box would create less of a chance of something happening to it. However, we still have a third party involved here.
#362 Posted: 02:24:56 09/03/2013
A third party chosen by Target.

Let's put it this way - let's say the package was completely lost by the carrier. YOU cannot file any kind of claim against the carrier (even if it was insured). Only Target can, because they chose the carrier and they paid the carrier.

Target.com (or any such seller) is making an agreement to get your item to you - therefore, it is their sole responsibility to make sure that it's done in a safe manner - which, IMHO, includes NOT shipping a electronics in a padded envelope.

Now, I've had a private seller (first Cynder), ebay sale (first Dark Spyro from UK), Amazon.com (Gold Flameslinger) and ToysRUs.com (Blue Bash) all send me Skylanders in padded envelopes. Which is fricken' bull crap. And the onus is on each of those sellers, in my humble opinion. (first one did nothing but say "oops" and I will NEVER deal with them again. Second refunded a good part of my costs. Amazon refunded all of my costs and let me reorder one that they shipped out in a box. TRU refunded my shipping.)

No, I don't expect a seller to hand-deliver the item to me on a bed of egg crates - but they need to use common sense. You don't ship something like this in a padded envelope. Period. If you choose to, then you probably should deliver it on a bed of egg crates.
#363 Posted: 02:28:35 09/03/2013
I agree that they shouldn't deliver this stuff in a bubble mailer. I just think, even it is just 10%, some of the blame needs to be put on the shipper. Even they were to ship something in a box, it can still show up damaged. It is just much less likely.
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#364 Posted: 02:36:42 09/03/2013
I found a bunch of Jade Flashwings at my Target in Peru Illinois. I wasnt gonna be greedy, i just wanted one for myself. The guy at the electronics register wouldnt let me buy it cause he said they were being "recalled". He then went and took all of them off the pegs. It was pretty darn dissapointing :/
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#365 Posted: 02:58:25 09/03/2013
^ You should have grabbed one, and went up to the registers at the front.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#366 Posted: 03:45:33 09/03/2013
I posted this in the "I just bought" thread, but it went essentially ignored... Target has finally figured out that they weren't supposed to be selling Jade Flashwing this whole time and street dated her like they should have done in the beginning. They won't even ring up through the registers anymore until Saint Patrick's day, on 3/17.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:04 09/03/2013 by Zer0
#367 Posted: 07:05:05 09/03/2013
Quote: Zer0
I posted this in the "I just bought" thread, but it went essentially ignored... Target has finally figured out that they weren't supposed to be selling Jade Flashwing this whole time and street dated her like they should have done in the beginning. They won't even ring up through the registers anymore until Saint Patrick's day, on 3/17.

This was posted a few days ago in this section of the forum and in the thread I believe. I wish the admin would edit his news story on the front page to stop confusing everyone.

Quote: Matteomax
^ You should have grabbed one, and went up to the registers at the front.

That wouldn't have done any good. It would have rung up as Do Not Sell.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:46 09/03/2013 by DutRank
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#368 Posted: 07:42:16 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
This was posted a few days ago in this section of the forum and in the thread I believe. I wish the admin would edit his news story on the front page to stop confusing everyone.

I'm NOT the Admin, but I am the OP. If you want the OP or "Hunters" to edit something you feel needs to be updated in a timely fashion, you should PM them directly rather than post something on the 367th comment of the eighth page of comments. Chances are it'll be seen in a more timely fashion that way...

I have updated my initial post per your wish.
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:19:13 09/03/2013 by DluA
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#369 Posted: 08:13:35 09/03/2013
my jade also came in a bubble mailer,the bubble was smashed but she was ok.It was one of the most cringing package opening ever.
But I did run to two targets and nothing no jade.
#370 Posted: 15:49:35 09/03/2013
Quote: DluA

I'm NOT the Admin, but I am the OP. If you want the OP or "Hunters" to edit something you feel needs to be updated in a timely fashion, you should PM them directly rather than post something on the 367th comment of the eighth page of comments. Chances are it'll be seen in a more timely fashion that way...

I have updated my initial post per your wish.

I'm not talking about editing this thread. I'm talking about editing the news story on the front page of the site that everyone who visits will see. Only the admin can edit that.
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#371 Posted: 16:07:41 09/03/2013
I saw the information alluded to in this thread, but not with the correct details. And whatever was posted wasn't really heeded.

In any case, at least we know, so people won't waste their time calling, or visiting Target stores trying to find them in the meantime, when they won't be able to sell them to anyone until next week.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:14:05 09/03/2013 by Zer0
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#372 Posted: 19:02:38 18/03/2013
Was able to pick up Jade Flashwing on St Pat's day - here's a quick vlog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1noXjvQ_Pg

First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me