Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jade Flashwing = Target Exclusive [CLOSED]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#51 Posted: 18:18:47 28/02/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek

It was already stated in this thread that there is no street date on the boxes, and as soon as they get there they will be hitting the floor.

Oh ok, I didn't realize that you worked in the stores, my bad. Does the plano have a specific spot for them or are you supposed to just put them with the rest of the singles?
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#52 Posted: 18:20:54 28/02/2013
He don't work in the stores. I don't think anyways. Someone else had stated they had talked to a manager and he was told they were going right to the floor. No one really knows for sure right now.
#53 Posted: 18:22:28 28/02/2013
I was being a little sarcastic, but if "The guy he talked to at Target" is correct, then all these stores that show stock should already have them on the shelf if they are going "straight to the floor".

You have to take what the store employees say with a grain of salt, ItsJustMe's said this just last week:

Talked to my guy at Target about Jade Flashwing. He proceeded to laugh for about ten minutes, he's getting back to me but prognosis looks bad. Guys, don't get your hopes up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:59 28/02/2013 by Zylek
#54 Posted: 18:26:44 28/02/2013
I thought you were but I couldn't tell for sure! smilie So, I thought I would be helpful. People are getting all excited again over this. I don't really get it. He know that it will be out on or before the 17th of March. Not that far away.
#55 Posted: 18:36:25 28/02/2013
I would be shocked if Target didn't have something in place to ensure that they'll have product available on the 17th when the ad hits. Target usually handles these things much better than Walmart, and I've always appreciated that.

This is an exclusive, and people always goes nuts about them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:37 28/02/2013 by Zylek
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#56 Posted: 18:43:37 28/02/2013
Targets in my area are much better than Walmart on getting in shipments, but I'll be waiting until some reports of them being available show up here before I start bugging the employees or going by daily (though the store is fairly conveniently located and doesn't require me to go far out of my way). When they hit store shelves it certainly won't be a well-kept secret. I just always feel uncomfortable doing that unless I know they should have it.

It's just a couple weeks off and we just got new stuff this week to occupy our time. smilie
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#57 Posted: 18:52:14 28/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
I was being a little sarcastic, but if "The guy he talked to at Target" is correct, then all these stores that show stock should already have them on the shelf if they are going "straight to the floor".

You have to take what the store employees say with a grain of salt, ItsJustMe's said this just last week:

Talked to my guy at Target about Jade Flashwing. He proceeded to laugh for about ten minutes, he's getting back to me but prognosis looks bad. Guys, don't get your hopes up.

You do know what quotation marks are for, right? Just to be safe, that means that I said what is between the quotes. I never said I talked to anyone at Target at anytime. However, if you know so much, how come you didn't even know the DCPI for Jade Flashwing is different than for other figures?
#58 Posted: 18:54:13 28/02/2013
Can we really not have a convo on here that doesn't turn into drama?
#59 Posted: 18:56:17 28/02/2013
Wow, thanks for punctuation lesson SSj3 Derek. It's true what they say: You learn something new everyday.

I do apologize for quoting the person who said the codes were the same without fact checking myself.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:57:13 28/02/2013 by Zylek
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#60 Posted: 19:29:41 28/02/2013
From what I've seen on the online planogram there are no new sales planners for the Skylanders section in electronics before Easter. So it seems that Jade Flashwing will just be put on the floor like any other figure.
Rhonan Green Sparx Gems: 103
#61 Posted: 19:31:33 28/02/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek

Quote: Rhonan

Target's website for determining stock of skylanders is not the best source for availability. If you look for any of the rarer skylanders, like Fright Rider, they will show as being in stock at every store, which is not true.

That is because all the assortment Skylanders use the same DCPI. Jade Flashwing uses a different DCPI, therefore Target's website will be accurate about her, not counting that day's sales.

I doubt that. A previous post in this thread already covered that some stores are listed as being in stock, but aren't actually in stock.

Quote: FLEIJA
lol 2 of my Target has them instock in store search. called them but unfortunately its with same DCPI assortment with regular flashwing singles box so it showed available. both checked in their back room but nada. they told me again its the same DCPI prolly its showing instock online. ah crap i thought id get 1 already smilie
#62 Posted: 19:32:21 28/02/2013
Easter is way early this year...... As it is in March. So most stores have all of their Easter stuff up already.
#63 Posted: 19:36:00 28/02/2013
Checked on an actually PDA and they show 0 on hand for all stores in my district. Also shows 0 on the way and a Z-Date of N/A.
#64 Posted: 19:42:02 28/02/2013
You work at Target Dut? Also if you do, Does Target ship all of their stuff from Cali?
#65 Posted: 19:42:21 28/02/2013
Thanks for update DutRank. The Whirlwind exclusive for SSA was also just mixed in on the regular pegs. I guess that'll make it hard for them to put too many out at any given time.
---
#66 Posted: 19:48:55 28/02/2013
Quote: Bazinga
You work at Target Dut? Also if you do, Does Target ship all of their stuff from Cali?

I've got no idea. I rarely do any kind of work in the back room so I never see where they come from.
#67 Posted: 19:52:05 28/02/2013
Right on. I am just a little curious how that person got their hands on one already.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#68 Posted: 19:53:22 28/02/2013
I have heard they are expected to be in store and shelf cleared around the 19th...so plan for 15-21st as your window.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:44 28/02/2013 by xerokills
#69 Posted: 19:56:18 28/02/2013
Best thing to do is go in a store to guest service and ask them to "merchandise locate" the Jade Flashwing DPCI a week before Saint Pats day. If it's on hand it can be sold. She's not street dated and actually shows up as "Skylanders Jade Flashwing-TGT" On the register and PDA so there should be no confusion when looking for her.
#70 Posted: 19:57:37 28/02/2013
Quote: xerokills
I have heard they are expected to be in store and shelf cleared around the 19th...so plan for 15-21st as your window.

They aren't going to clear the shelves of unsold figures.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#71 Posted: 20:02:56 28/02/2013
Interested where it'll be available in the UK. During SSA releases, they were consistent with their exclusives - meaning a Target exclusive was a Tesco exclusive here - but they don't seem to have done that with Giants.
JerryPants Green Sparx Gems: 234
#72 Posted: 20:05:28 28/02/2013
Got mine at the Orlando Mall of Millenia Target in Florida!!! Taking a picture. Will post.
For anyone able to go to the Mall of Millenia Target, their floor release date for it is March 19th -- they have them in the back, though -- and there is nothing that tells them they can't sell it to you. Limit 1 per customer and they will give you one from the back upon request. If you run into any problems, give them the last 4 numbers of the item code.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:07 28/02/2013 by JerryPants
#73 Posted: 20:18:25 28/02/2013
Quote: DutRank

"pog date for jade flashwing is march 19th. Pog = plan o gram. When they will actually make a spot on the shelf with a dedicated tag. Doesn't say that they could release sooner or get stocked before that day"
---
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#74 Posted: 20:19:14 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: JerryPants
Got mine at the Orlando Mall of Millenia Target in Florida!!! Taking a picture. Will post.
For anyone able to go to the Mall of Millenia Target, their floor release date for it is March 19th -- they have them in the back, though -- and there is nothing that tells them they can't sell it to you. Limit 1 per customer and they will give you one from the back upon request. If you run into any problems, give them the last 4 numbers of the item code.

Sweet! I'll give it a shot today! Thanks for the info!
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
#75 Posted: 20:19:52 28/02/2013
http://i704.photobucket.com/al...zps839202b1.jpg

Orlando, FL
Mall of Millenia Target
407-541-0019
#76 Posted: 20:21:12 28/02/2013
Nice work Jerry! smilie
---
#77 Posted: 20:21:34 28/02/2013

I notice that store has them listed as "In Stock" on the store checker too. none of the others in that area though.
#78 Posted: 20:23:56 28/02/2013
Nice work Jerry! smilie

You are very welcome!

Anyone able to go there, I suggest to do it. The fact that they are limiting 1 per customer (at least at this location) tells me that this might be a very limited production? I don't know... Just go get the beautiful Jade Flashwing if you can. smilie
Moondrake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1032
#79 Posted: 20:25:44 28/02/2013
http://i704.photobucket.com/al...zps839202b1.jpg

Orlando, FL
Mall of Millenia Target
407-541-0019

Nice score dude!!! And thanks for the Info.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#80 Posted: 20:26:17 28/02/2013
This is getting to be too much work for a piece of painted plastic with an RFID chip.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#81 Posted: 20:26:40 28/02/2013
Quote: DutRank

"pog date for jade flashwing is march 19th. Pog = plan o gram. When they will actually make a spot on the shelf with a dedicated tag. Doesn't say that they could release sooner or get stocked before that day"

There's no planogram that adds that DPCI yet though. So we really don't know when that exact date will be or if they are even going to have a dedicated tag for Flashwing.
#82 Posted: 20:26:56 28/02/2013
Nice work Jerry! smilie

You are very welcome!

Anyone able to go there, I suggest to do it. The fact that they are limiting 1 per customer (at least at this location) tells me that this might be a very limited production? I don't know... Just go get the beautiful Jade Flashwing if you can. smilie

More than likely just because they don't want a scalper to clean them out prior to the Floor Date. Which, by the way, are probably on the way there by now ...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:46 28/02/2013 by defpally
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#83 Posted: 20:27:10 28/02/2013
Once again an exclusive Canada can't get smilie
#84 Posted: 20:29:45 28/02/2013
Quote: defpally
Nice work Jerry! smilie

You are very welcome!

More than likely just because they don't want a scalper to clean them out prior to the Floor Date. Which, by the way, are probably on the way there by now ...

Very true.... smilie
Well, I hope all of the honest collectors in the area can get them... The risk of going on this forum to help people... Scalpers can read this too. smilie
#85 Posted: 20:30:45 28/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
This is getting to be too much work for a piece of painted plastic with an RFID chip.

Yeah, but to some this is part of the fun. Like a treasure hunt. And going to eBay is cheating ... smilie
#86 Posted: 20:32:09 28/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Yeah, but to some this is part of the fun. Like a treasure hunt. And going to eBay is cheating ... smilie

Very true! Loads of fun for some! Personally, I feel like a flippin' pirate. smilie
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#87 Posted: 20:46:34 28/02/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Once again an exclusive Canada can't get smilie

Target will be in Canada starting in April (and the Target Canada website is live right now).
I would look to see if you can order one around the 17th.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#88 Posted: 20:52:32 28/02/2013

Although this is totaly plausible, I'm guessing your experience was the exception, rather than the rule.
I suspect most team members won't be quite as accomodating (and many stores legitimately won't have stock in yet). And if the video game buyers see sales starting to show up for Jade, they'll send information from corporate to the store not to sell these for another couple of weeks. And the floor release date is incorrect (I'm sure it will be updated as we move closer to the date). No later than the 17th, as I said in previous posts.
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#89 Posted: 20:53:08 28/02/2013
Nice work Jerry! smilie

You are very welcome!

AMERICA **** YEAH COMMING TO SAVE THE MUTHER ****ING DAY YEAH AMERICA
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#90 Posted: 20:54:07 28/02/2013
Quote: lesty
OK...so 3 weeks ago I posted that this was a Target exclusive, and very few people believed me.
Now that people seem to be convinced, you're still ignoring the St. Patricks Day release date.

Hahahahhh... yeah, welcome to DarkSpyro. I think you'll find that even being proven right on this won't make people believe you the next time you bring insider knowledge to the forum. They'll be like "Well, lesty was right last time, but I haven't seen a box, an official release date announcement, a blog entry about the new figures, and I don't have one myself, so he must be lying on this one! ATTENTION GRABBING!!" Then we'll have a debate about it that was even longer than the one about Jade Flashwing, and once you're proven right yet again, it won't matter in the eyes of anybody. Many of them will just act like they knew all along, and others will pretend not to acknowledge that they once spent five pages screaming about how such a thing could never happen the second they get the figure home from the store.

But don't let it get to you. I really appreciated the tipoff on Jade Flashwing, and I know many others who weren't vocal about it did as well. I hope the fact that this is pretty much your average DarkSpyro experience doesn't scare you away the next time you have some news for us.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#91 Posted: 20:57:13 28/02/2013
So if they're available in Florida right now, when do you think the Midwest could expect a stock of them?? I'm debating about heading over after my chiropractor appointment to get her, but I don't wanna waste the time if it's unlikely to be in the Midwest yet...
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#92 Posted: 20:57:47 28/02/2013
Quote: Tashiji
Quote: lesty
OK...so 3 weeks ago I posted that this was a Target exclusive, and very few people believed me.
Now that people seem to be convinced, you're still ignoring the St. Patricks Day release date.

Hahahahhh... yeah, welcome to DarkSpyro. I think you'll find that even being proven right on this won't make people believe you the next time you bring insider knowledge to the forum. They'll be like "Well, lesty was right last time, but I haven't seen a box, an official release date announcement, a blog entry about the new figures, and I don't have one myself, so he must be lying on this one! ATTENTION GRABBING!!" Then we'll have a debate about it that was even longer than the one about Jade Flashwing, and once you're proven right yet again, it won't matter in the eyes of anybody. Many of them will just act like they knew all along, and others will pretend not to acknowledge that they once spent five pages screaming about how such a thing could never happen the second they get the figure home from the store.

But don't let it get to you. I really appreciated the tipoff on Jade Flashwing, and I know many others who weren't vocal about it did as well. I hope the fact that this is pretty much your average DarkSpyro experience doesn't scare you away the next time you have some news for us.

they be all: OMG U B LIEK WANT ATTENTION N U LYIN GTFO.
#93 Posted: 20:59:46 28/02/2013
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy
So if they're available in Florida right now, when do you think the Midwest could expect a stock of them?? I'm debating about heading over after my chiropractor appointment to get her, but I don't wanna waste the time if it's unlikely to be in the Midwest yet...

It's literally just 1 Target in the the Orlando area... Not really all of Florida... And someone made a good point: my experience was uncommon.

It is true... The employee I spoke to went out of his way to figure out why it was in stock in the system and located them in his stock room -- then, he proceeded to find out if he could sell it to me even though the box said March 19th on it...
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#94 Posted: 21:03:40 28/02/2013

It's literally just 1 Target in the the Orlando area... Not really all of Florida... And someone made a good point: my experience was uncommon.

It is true... The employee I spoke to went out of his way to figure out why it was in stock in the system and located them in his stock room -- then, he proceeded to find out if he could sell it to me even though the box said March 19th on it...

Ok, good to know... thanks for the info, I"m so excited to her her soon!! I'd bet she's not in the Midwest yet... 'grats on the find, VERY AWESOME!!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
#95 Posted: 21:07:30 28/02/2013

Ok, good to know... thanks for the info, I"m so excited to her her soon!! I'd bet she's not in the Midwest yet... 'grats on the find, VERY AWESOME!!! smilie

Thank you! I just want people to know that it is pretty much out there now and can be anywhere. Waiting for a set release date might not be the best option. If you really want it, keep track of your local Targets and keep trying them.
#96 Posted: 21:11:01 28/02/2013

Box said March 19th on it? Ok, that is new info that is contrary to what others had said above. Did you see the box?
#97 Posted: 21:16:48 28/02/2013

Box said March 19th on it? Ok, that is new info that is contrary to what others had said above. Did you see the box?

I was on the phone with him WHILE he was looking at the box (not on hold), AND while he was on his radio speaking with his supervisor on the issue of whether or not he could sell it to me (I could hear the conversation). I was on the phone with him for over 20 minutes. There is no reason for him to lie and tell me that he was confused about the box date, and still end up being able to sell it to me anyway.
#98 Posted: 21:18:46 28/02/2013
Besides, I have no reason to lie, because I am telling people to not get their minds set on a release date. My experience is to show that any Target may have them, and any time, starting now, they could be available.
#99 Posted: 21:25:10 28/02/2013
If you are in Florida right now. There are at least 10 stores showing them in stock now...go check the stock tracker...
---
#100 Posted: 21:33:35 28/02/2013
Besides, I have no reason to lie, because I am telling people to not get their minds set on a release date. My experience is to show that any Target may have them, and any time, starting now, they could be available.

Not saying you were lying, just there was a bit of a debate earlier in this thread concerning whether the boxes had a sell date or not. Seeing as you have first hand info, I was thinking you could settle it.
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me