Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > HOT TOY ALERT: Ninjini wide release at ToysRUs!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HOT TOY ALERT: Ninjini wide release at ToysRUs! [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#251 Posted: 21:28:03 27/02/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
Quote: Bazinga
TRU is not doing very well right now. Not at all. Bad PR. They had a terrible Holiday season. I believe their CEO or some big wig got fired or forced to quit over this last holiday season.

http://news.yahoo.com/toys-r-u...-232848180.html

Well played. Still don't think a one per customer skylander release rule for future waves would solve anything.

Probably not, but happy customers would definitely not hurt.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#252 Posted: 21:39:26 27/02/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
TRU is not doing very well right now. Not at all. Bad PR. They had a terrible Holiday season. I believe their CEO or some big wig got fired or forced to quit over this last holiday season.

http://news.yahoo.com/toys-r-u...-232848180.html

Well played. Still don't think a one per customer skylander release rule for future waves would solve anything.

Probably not, but happy customers would definitely not hurt.

True but 1 per won't make everyone happy. Some people still won't get any that first day. Some people will be mad they can't buy two. No matter what people will be unhappy.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
chained skull Gold Sparx Gems: 2971
#253 Posted: 21:44:11 27/02/2013
Just got NINJINI today
---
What do I even write here? Lmao
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#254 Posted: 21:44:23 27/02/2013
I think it was posted somewhere earlier in the thread, however I will state it again.

I work in the Auto/Home Insurance Industry. For you older people who are out on your own you know that the Insurance industry does not always get the best light shined on them. So this is what they tell us, and I believe it is true. A happy customer may tell 3-4 people about an experience they had somewhere. An Unhappy customer on average tells 13 people about a bad experience. Now that is only the first person. While doing the one per customer is not going to solve everything it is a start. You are never going to have a time where everyone is going to be happy. However, it is the part of the business to do what would seem to be fair for everyone.
#255 Posted: 21:45:35 27/02/2013
Yes, but take six people, if one person is told they can only buy one instead of six, that one will still be happy he got one (maybe not as happy if he got all six) and those other five will be happy as well they got one.

or

You have one really happy person that got six, and five people really upset that saw the guy get six and they got none.

Playing the numbers game a one per customer policy will always come out ahead in customer satisfaction.
#256 Posted: 21:47:31 27/02/2013
You are correct defpally. I have always been of the belief I would rather pay a higher price at a store (not an overly inflated price, but one or two dollars) if I get better customer service.
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#257 Posted: 21:54:04 27/02/2013
I just spoke to my buddy in Philly. His wife got there about 10 minutes after opening, and they were sold out. The manager told her that someone bought all of them. In one shot. When she asked about limiting purchases, he said that it's his decision as to whether or not he wants to, and he'd rather sell them all and get it over with than deal with lines, tickets, and fighting. What a tool.
#258 Posted: 21:55:39 27/02/2013
Yeah.... that is what your job is to do as a manager is to deal with that crap. I had to deal with it when I ran a gas station at beer shut down time.
#259 Posted: 22:05:24 27/02/2013
Those kinds of managers don't usually last long. They view it as a temporary job until something better comes along, and aren't willing to put in the effort. If he can't be bothered to deal with one of the most popular lines of items they stock, then he obviously isn't thinking of a long term career.

Back in college I dealt with a couple of those at Electronics Boutique. One used to sit on new shipments "until he got around to it" during the holiday season. The biggest release window of the season and we would have boxes of brand new games stacked up in the back. That went over really well with his boss, who came in early the next year and fired him and practically everyone he had hand selected to work for him because they didn't cause waves.
#260 Posted: 23:14:23 27/02/2013
Yep, I have worked for a few of those. They almost think that the work is below them. They suck and do not last long at all.
Wakeup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#261 Posted: 01:34:24 28/02/2013
Got The last Ninjini...they only got six...one lady picked up two (one for her and the other was for a friend who was trying to cut in line)...which I told her it was not fair to the other customers. The line was out the door and were sold out in 5 min of opening. I felt so bad for the other parents. ToysRUs should have a lot of them for all the customers who have been waiting outside for an hour. So sad! We are in South Florida.

I also asked if they got Legendary Lightcore Chill or any wave 4 characters and they said only Ninjini. I wonder when will the others will be released!
Wojima Green Sparx Gems: 374
#262 Posted: 01:39:08 28/02/2013
I too picked one up today. I showed up at around 9:50 and was surprised to see only 12 parents in line. I was thankful since I had to drive 20 minutes from my downtown office. My store had 20 to give out and were limited to 1 per person. They were gone by the time I cashed out. It was a great surprise for my son who did very well on his math test, after studying for a long time (he has learning disabilities and struggles everyday at school). I did see some shady characters show up as I cashed out. They looked disappointed and had one guy follow me out to my car. He looked as though he wanted to talk to me. Just ignored him and went on my way. He then approached some other people who walked out after me that I know did not get any.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#263 Posted: 01:57:03 28/02/2013
I couldn't make it, I was really busy at work. when I called at 11 they said they sold out immediately. it sucks because my daughter really wants this one and was really excited about it coming out. to add to my bad luck my car blew a head gasket today.
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
Wakeup Yellow Sparx Gems: 1227
#264 Posted: 02:37:33 28/02/2013
Wow 20! You store got a lot...ours regretfully only 6. My Lil boy was so happy too because he completed all his Giants!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#265 Posted: 02:50:00 28/02/2013
I got her today!!! smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#266 Posted: 03:28:16 28/02/2013
Welcome back,
Rand
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#267 Posted: 03:42:02 28/02/2013
HOW THE HELL DOES EVERYONE HAVE THESE DAMN THINGS BUT ME *rage*
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#268 Posted: 04:14:38 28/02/2013
Quote: ZapNorris

Join me in the misery lol.

So HTA fans--when they get a toy like this today and it sells out...what's Activision's policy on restocking at TRU--am I now doomed to look across the entire landscape of online shops until I find one--or can I depend on the great TRU to save me?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:53 28/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#269 Posted: 04:15:56 28/02/2013
My TRU said next truck comes next week.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:01 28/02/2013 by ItsJustMe
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#270 Posted: 08:15:54 28/02/2013
Holy crap, that was an experience. At my TRU we enforced the two per guest limit rule (only one guest bought two, tbh.) and I got told by five people to burn in hell.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#271 Posted: 12:53:02 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Zap, you need to calm down. For all the nasty stuff you've said, you could get into big trouble.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#272 Posted: 13:20:22 28/02/2013
Quote: ShinkenRed
Holy crap, that was an experience. At my TRU we enforced the two per guest limit rule (only one guest bought two, tbh.) and I got told by five people to burn in hell.

Ah, the joys of working retail. I feel for you, man.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#273 Posted: 13:30:09 28/02/2013
Happy hunting all. Still waiting for a release date here in Sweden. They haven't even shown up on websites yet (unlike Spyro & Wrecking Ball) I was told yesterday Ninjini was coming in March. Be glad you even have a chance to get her now.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#274 Posted: 14:20:59 28/02/2013
I'm going to sell the iPod touch. Starting bid of 100.00

Even if it only gets 1 bid, I will get enough to buy her on amazon.
#275 Posted: 14:39:29 28/02/2013
Zap.... That is dumb. Why spend 100.00 on a toy that you can get in a few days if you wait.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#276 Posted: 14:39:35 28/02/2013
Zap - I'd like to point out, regarding your avatar - The official Toys R Us press release on their website never had the "months before" comment in it. Some random site published a press release that everyone else copied and no one bothered to actually get the legitimate press release from TRU's website. Then, everyone got their panties in a wad over the "months" phrase when, oh look, it had nothing to do with reality.

NINJINI isn't coming out until April! Oh noez! smilie
#277 Posted: 14:46:08 28/02/2013
Zap.... That is dumb. Why spend 100.00 on a toy that you can get in a few days if you wait.

The next truck comes in next week!

And it'll probably be on a schoolday.

So buying it for 70+ dollars on amazon will save me lots of time.
#278 Posted: 14:46:51 28/02/2013
Or you could just wait and save money. It will be out in more stores later.
#279 Posted: 14:47:31 28/02/2013
No, it will just save me lots of time to buy her and some other stuff on amazon.
#280 Posted: 14:51:12 28/02/2013
It is your money. I find it would be better to wait and save the 50+ dollars.
Rhonan Green Sparx Gems: 103
#281 Posted: 15:22:21 28/02/2013
Le sigh. Sucks to see people so willing to support scalpers.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#282 Posted: 18:38:31 28/02/2013
It sucks to see people willing to waste money. It's the same with every figure that's been out. EB and TB were hard to find and now I've seen them everywhere. Same with Hot Head and Scorpion Striker. While people were standing in line to get Ninjini at TRU, EB and TB were sitting on the shelf not being bought. Stock will replenish. TFB knows people want the figures and they will make it to stores eventually.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:33 28/02/2013 by GamerDrone
#283 Posted: 18:48:13 28/02/2013

The next truck comes in next week!

And it'll probably be on a schoolday.

So buying it for 70+ dollars on amazon will save me lots of time.

If it helps Zap...I have a program scanning all of the web sites online---the minute it sees something in stock I can grab you a copy--I plan on buying extras---so if anyone here is going without--I'm happy to help. I'm tired of this c**p like everyone else. Just pay what I paid (price + tax + shipping) and I'm good.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:47 28/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#284 Posted: 18:53:52 28/02/2013
Quote: GamerDrone
It sucks to see people willing to waste money. It's the same with every figure that's been out. EB and TB were hard to find and now I've seen them everywhere. Same with Hot Head and Scorpion Striker. While people were standing in line to get Ninjini at TRU, EB and TB were sitting on the shelf not being bought. Stock will replenish. TFB knows people want the figures and they will make it to stores eventually.

People were buying EB and TB along with Ninjini at my TRU.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#285 Posted: 18:56:33 28/02/2013
I think for some people they are still hard to come by. We need to remember that not everyone is on this site everyday trying to figure out where they are or who is getting them first. A lot of times the people buying the figures are your average parent whose kids don't know about this site. I still think it is dumb for Zap to spend that type of money on a figure that he don't even like.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#286 Posted: 19:17:59 28/02/2013
Quote: Reaganag
Quote: GamerDrone

People were buying EB and TB along with Ninjini at my TRU.

That was the case at my TRU too. But, even after the Ninjini sold out, there was still EB and TB left on the pegs. Give it time and I'll see Ninjini sitting on the shelf waiting to be bought. It seems so silly to stress out over a figure that initially released to ONE store. Give it time and it will be everywhere, just like all the others that came before it.
#287 Posted: 19:20:06 28/02/2013
The reason that EB and TB are still on the shelves is that they were in Wave 3 that had two of each in them and now Wave 4 that have 2 of 1 and one of the other in them. Which means we have more supply of them. Which is why there were still some left. I am not sure that it is everyone has them or no one wants them. I think it is more of the case as more of them are out.
#288 Posted: 19:29:08 28/02/2013
The reason that EB and TB are still on the shelves is that they were in Wave 3 that had two of each in them and now Wave 4 that have 2 of 1 and one of the other in them. Which means we have more supply of them. Which is why there were still some left. I am not sure that it is everyone has them or no one wants them. I think it is more of the case as more of them are out.

Yeah, Amazon's stock was actually 14.99 for these---first time I've noticed...and Gamestop inventories have stayed in stock for days now. If I have to wait that long for Ninjini, no biggie...it will happen as I have forseen.

[User Posted Image]
---
#289 Posted: 23:20:21 28/02/2013
Quote: alynore
Quote: Matteomax
I called ToysRUs, and got confirmation from the manager that there will be a Hot Toy alert featuring Ninjini! Stores will be getting a few boxes of her in, along with some regular Giants.

I used to buy skylanders like you, but them i got a girlfriend.

I have a wife and play skylanders.... Also, if you don't play why are you here?
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#290 Posted: 23:21:51 28/02/2013
I called ToysRUs, and got confirmation from the manager that there will be a Hot Toy alert featuring Ninjini! Stores will be getting a few boxes of her in, along with some regular Giants.

Dude, neither Left nor Right are girl's names.
#291 Posted: 23:22:55 28/02/2013
^LMAO!!!!!!! Burn!
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#292 Posted: 23:23:06 28/02/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek

Also, if you met her on the internet, it doesn't count.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#293 Posted: 23:47:37 28/02/2013
Quote: DutRank

Also, if you met her on the internet, it doesn't count.

BWAHAHA!! OMG thanks for the good laugh there!! Yeah guy, why would you join a Spyro/Skylanders forum if you don't even play the games??! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Enderslot Green Sparx Gems: 248
#294 Posted: 23:53:52 28/02/2013
but she said she was a french model...
berzerker Green Sparx Gems: 156
#295 Posted: 23:59:37 28/02/2013
Quote: Wakeup
ToysRUs should have a lot of them for all the customers who have been waiting outside for an hour. So sad! We are in South Florida.

Lol....waiting in line in South Florida must have been brutal....a bone chilling 65 degrees perhaps? The only reason I got to stand in line for an hour was because of a SNOW day. smilie Southeast Michigan
#296 Posted: 00:16:07 01/03/2013

Yeah, I had one too. Then I married her, had two children with her and now I get to play with toys again.

So basically I get every benefit you have, and I don't have to give up fun stuff. Sucks to be you.

But lets get down to it, you have to give up hobbies to make this girl stay around? And you not only admit this, but seem to be proud of it? Do you have self esteem issues?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#297 Posted: 01:00:09 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator

alynore: I actually asked a girl out recently. And you shouldn't say things like that.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#298 Posted: 09:55:15 01/03/2013

alynore: I actually asked a girl out recently. And you shouldn't say things like that.

I think he mean he grown up and leave skylanders behind, instand of wenting to a line with a bunch of little kids.

Idk if he have a girl friend or not but wasnt cool showing is toy colection to her if she is real.
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#299 Posted: 12:12:24 01/03/2013
I think he means that he is spending his money on the girlfriend. That makes sense in regards to his comment.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#300 Posted: 16:32:10 01/03/2013
well my girlfriend stood in the cold for 2 hrs for my 2 ninjini yall need a girlfriend like mine
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me