Page 1 of 1
Darklight crypt adventure pack [CLOSED]
pfiz113 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1461
#1 Posted: 20:11:46 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi,

I just started getting into skylanders this past Christmas, a little late in the game, and I was wondering if it worth paying 3-4x retail price for the darklight crypt adventure pack? I was able to find the other 3 packs in the stores but can't find the darklight crypt pack.

Thanks,

Mike
---
I have extra skylander giants, and skylander giants in game variants, molten, scarlet, polar, jade. PM me if you are interested.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 20:44:30 24/02/2013
It's not worth paying over retail for anything.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#3 Posted: 21:52:20 24/02/2013
Quote: ClayFace

This.
This game is not worth paying over the already expensive retail price for any of the figures. Try looking on ebay for loose figures, if you just want the level piece, but if you want the whole pack, then keep an eye out in different stores and online stores. They sometimes get in old stock.

If you are a hardcore collector however, then it's up to you to choose whether you should get something for that price or not. Good luck!
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#4 Posted: 23:39:21 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks, I am just a gamer and these skylanders are for playing, not collecting. Plus my son does not understand the concept of keeping toys in a box!
---
I have extra skylander giants, and skylander giants in game variants, molten, scarlet, polar, jade. PM me if you are interested.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 00:08:51 25/02/2013
I too believe it's not worth paying over retail - or much over retail, anyway - for anything. The original price was in the area of $20, I wouldn't suggest paying over $25 unless you're a collector. I have all 4 packs and enjoy them all. Reminding myself, this pack comes with Ghost Roaster, the Healing Potion and the Time Twister Hourglass (I think that's the name). I want to point out a few things:

1. Ghost Roaster was NOT re-released with Giants, so as far as I know this is the only way to get him (besides eBay and the like, of course)
  2. Ghost Roaster is quite effective, though when fully upgraded he was too powerful for me to complete the Purple Chompies Heroic Challenge
  3. Out of the eight magic items (well, 9, I also have the Golden Dragonfire Cannon), the Potion is EASILY my most-used magic item. I've even played with the idea of trying to get another.
  4. Although I don't use it much, the Time Twister is useful, it slows down everybody and (nearly) everything except you. It's like amped reaction time. smilie
  5. Like all the Adventure Packs, the location item - Darklight Crypt itself - acts as a magic item as well, they all act as a short burst mega-attack (the final hit being 999 points of damage)
  6. VERY subtle, but undeniable: After you finish this level, in either game, the storyline of the level is that you save a pie store. After completing it, those pies start appearing in every level of the game, and are a large health boost (I think 225 or 250 health)
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Kmknox Green Sparx Gems: 313
#6 Posted: 00:32:35 25/02/2013
About a month ago I found one in a target store, wow did I feel like I won the lottery at that point. I think those days are over in my area though (Minneapolis, MN). The SSA stuff is about non existent now, except for a deluge of Pirate Seas, Empire of Ice, and Dragon's Peak. I can't believe there were that many fewer DC's produced, but they just are not around any more from what I see. If you really want it the only 'quick' and sure fire way is to spend the money and get it off eBay, unless of course you can find someone willing to work with you on acquiring one at a more reasonable cost.

Good luck in your search.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#7 Posted: 02:40:32 26/02/2013
DC is almost non-existent right now except through eBay. Chances of you getting one for a reasonable price are low. Fortunately though, they still have a few DC at my Walmart.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 03:32:47 26/02/2013
Quote: ClayFace

Well, I guess he ain't playing it lol.

Quote: pfiz113
Thanks, I am just a gamer and these skylanders are for playing, not collecting. Plus my son does not understand the concept of keeping toys in a box!

Actually, there's many ways to enjoy these series. My son enjoys playing, I'm enjoying the collecting.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:05 26/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 00:50:22 27/02/2013
Don't lose hope, I came across a DC at Walmart today in the Stillwater, MN area. They are still floating around, but awful scarce.
ConvexitySpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1018
#10 Posted: 20:24:25 27/02/2013
I'm sure that you'll find it for a good price from somewhere.
---
It's not a lake, it's an ocean.
My deviantART
smiliesmilie Best buddies forevah! \o/
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#11 Posted: 14:54:32 28/02/2013
I came across DC at a Walmart too about a month ago. I haven't seen one lately but the last time I was there they had 10+ of the Pirate Seas.
Wander099 Green Sparx Gems: 154
#12 Posted: 00:31:28 01/03/2013
I haven't seen DC in a while (I think the last AP I saw was DP), but they do float around. I'd just keep checking since you never know when they're going to find some old stock somewhere and put them out on the shelves.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 01:49:41 01/03/2013
Target may still have some in the back stock; ask an employee to look for you. They pulled one out for me about a week ago.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#14 Posted: 04:27:51 01/03/2013
I've gotten the impression that since they work just as well in Giants that they might still be shipping them out... So you never know, stay vigilant!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
ds8466 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1365
#15 Posted: 14:04:40 01/03/2013
I have searched diligently for the last month with no luck and I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices on Fleabay. If somebody wants to pick one up where they know they are in stock i'd be more than happy to pick up a molten hot dog (our wal-mart just got them in yesterday) and pay the difference or work out some type of deal.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#16 Posted: 20:24:52 01/03/2013
of all the adventure packs, the darklight crypt was undoubtedly my favorite, and ghost roaster is one of my favorite characters, also the slow time and potion are 2 great magic items.

is it worth it?
probably not, i paid 2x the retail value for my one, and im happy with it.

to each their own.
Shallwhat Red Sparx Gems: 25
#17 Posted: 01:15:06 02/03/2013
If anyone is able to find one of these in their area, I am willing to pay you for it or even give you an unopened Hot Head plus cash. Please message me if you are interested! I really want Ghost Roaster to complete me collection!
#18 Posted: 00:43:03 03/03/2013
They are still being stocked, I ran into Walmart yesterday and the Easter display for Skylanders was loaded with items including 2 DC's. That was the Minneapolis,MN area. I think for those looking to complete S:SA right now it's all about vigilance since stores are stocking shelves on a weekly basis in most cases...
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#19 Posted: 01:33:00 03/03/2013
The entire S1 area of Skylanders at my Walmart has dissapeared. DC does not exist at my Walmart anymore. Good thing I got a good collection of Skylanders for a low price on eBay.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
OldTimeGamer Red Sparx Gems: 14
#20 Posted: 19:44:05 04/03/2013
Quote: Kmknox
They are still being stocked, I ran into Walmart yesterday and the Easter display for Skylanders was loaded with items including 2 DC's. That was the Minneapolis,MN area. I think for those looking to complete S:SA right now it's all about vigilance since stores are stocking shelves on a weekly basis in most cases...

@Kmknox et al.

I also would be more than happy to pay you for the cost of picking up Darklight Crypt, including postage and a little for gas if you see one available. (It is currently our family weekend activity.) I am in rural America and little comes our way unless I order it on the web. Please PM/e-mail me if you are able and willing.
#21 Posted: 03:32:43 06/03/2013
I have a spare Molten Hot Dog and have Jade Flashwing showing up Friday if somebody wants to work out a trade.
#22 Posted: 07:48:01 06/03/2013
If I could be sure I could put my hands on one, I would SO take you up on that, LOL! Never know what I'll find when I check the stores...

(Since I live in Canada, it's easier for me to ship to fellow Canadians) smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:48:58 06/03/2013 by niceguy1
#23 Posted: 15:08:24 06/03/2013
I wish you could. My kids are dying for it as that's the only one we don't have. There's no telling how much gas i've wasted looking for it. Would have been cheaper to pay fleabay prices for it but I just can't bring myself to do it..lol.
#24 Posted: 17:28:55 07/03/2013
I know how you feel ds8466... I spent way to much in time and gas when I went looking for it back in January and had come to the realization I would not find it in stores, but I actually did bite the bullet and purchase one on eBay (at least then it was only $40). And of course, about a week later, before I had even recieved the one I bought, I found one on the shelf in Target and since then have seen it a few times. Other then the one in my collection I have passed along the others to family and friends so I do not have any at this time... I'll keep my eyes open though.
#25 Posted: 23:50:54 07/03/2013
I would certainly appreciate it! I went by Walmart today and they had three of every expansion pack except DC....not a single one of those. I did pick up another ninjini today if somebody can find DC we can work out a deal for her, jade flash wing or molten hot dog.... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:04 08/03/2013 by ds8466
#26 Posted: 05:48:52 08/03/2013
I've got Scarlet Ninjini on order, so I'm inclined to resist getting other versions of her, smilie

Actually, I just got un-broke again, so I'm thinking of going Skylander hunting tomorrow, I'll see if I can spot DC anywhere. Though I'm travelling by public transit, I'm kinda limited where I can check... Where I'm going there's a Source By Circuit City (which has the Punch Pop Fizz pack, but only carries Starter Packs), an EBGames Boutique (mini EBGames, as I gather, which is the Canadian GameStop), and a FUTURE location of Target, opening this fall last I heard. There used to be a Future Shop across the street, but it closed.
---
#27 Posted: 02:28:19 11/03/2013
Have any luck niceguy1?
#28 Posted: 10:32:26 11/03/2013
Great luck for ME, smilie But sorry, no Darklight Crypt packs.

Went to Wal-Mart, picked up a 3DS Starter Pack (with the GITD Cynder) just for the figures, but other than that they only really had what are now the usual Giants: Hot Head, Thumpback and Eye-Brawl.

Went to EBGames (GameStop in the States), they had an okay selection but no Adventure Packs, and the usual suspects for Giants and 3-Packs.

Went to Toys R Us - called ahead to reserve Legendary Stealth Elf and Legendary Lightcore Chill (forgot to ask them to check for DC) - and when I got there I found several Ninjinis as well so picked her up too. But like EB just the usual suspects otherwise, though they had a couple of bins I could have looked through for characters... Didn't bother as nothing as big as an Adventure Pack was in them.

I don't get it, unlike the characters there's no Giants equivalent, these packs are just as much a part of Giants as SSA, why aren't they being stocked????

I feel like my local Future Shop and Best Buy are more likely to have SSA stuff, I always at least see the Starter Packs for SSA...
---
#29 Posted: 18:33:51 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I now have 2 darklight crypt adventure packs. I was able to negotiate with a forum member to get one. Then I randomly stopped at a target the other day, and I was looking for jade flashwing, and I found a darklight crypt adventure pack on the shelves after I bought one from the forum member! Go figure!
---
#30 Posted: 23:17:41 13/03/2013
Well, pretty sure at least one person here has mentioned wanting to get it shipped if anybody can get one, smilie I counted at least two, but I think one might be you. smilie
---
#31 Posted: 00:38:57 14/03/2013
Oh yeah, I'm interested if you've got a spare and don't plan on reselling it on Fleabay.
sleepydumbdude Green Sparx Gems: 106
#32 Posted: 14:02:58 19/03/2013
I've been looking for one and almost given up hope. Got there when Target opened on Sunday and a guy had two of them in his hands. Of course I barely missed it but nice to see they are still being shipped out.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#33 Posted: 14:56:17 19/03/2013
I'd given up looking for them in the UK, but suddenly Game had a couple of each adventure packs, and now they seem to show up every now and then. I guess activision realised people would still want them and started making and shipping them out again..
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#34 Posted: 02:12:15 20/03/2013
Quote: pfiz113
Well, I now have 2 darklight crypt adventure packs. I was able to negotiate with a forum member to get one. Then I randomly stopped at a target the other day, and I was looking for jade flashwing, and I found a darklight crypt adventure pack on the shelves after I bought one from the forum member! Go figure!

Pay it forward! Help another member smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#35 Posted: 12:48:34 20/03/2013
Quote: Terreneflame
I'd given up looking for them in the UK, but suddenly Game had a couple of each adventure packs, and now they seem to show up every now and then. I guess activision realised people would still want them and started making and shipping them out again..

activision and retailers will get more when they sell out. so if it sells out slow, it will take them longer to stock new. if they sell fast they will order new shipment more faster... its a fact...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me