Page 1 of 1
Help! [CLOSED]
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#1 Posted: 17:45:32 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
My 3ds portal is not working with my x box version! I have it connected with the wire and everything!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#2 Posted: 19:20:41 22/02/2013
Why would you use a 3DS portal with Xbox anyway? The portal is meant for 1 player and it's also meant for the 3DS. You probably have to get a new portal. Check the wiring first though. It could be a problem with that.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#3 Posted: 20:02:04 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
If you use the wire that came with the 3ds version, you can plug it into the USB port on the Xbox and it will work, some skyalnders can fit together on it, I only got the game, not any of the other accessories that came in the pack
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 20:44:21 22/02/2013
Are you sure that you can do that?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#5 Posted: 21:54:23 22/02/2013
I dont think ya can lol
---
Im so proud of you
#6 Posted: 00:44:09 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I read it somewhere, I don't think it was working because the game froze
---
R.I.P to my wallet
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 01:46:45 23/02/2013
I've heard rumours that SOME portals are compatible with other systems, but IDK... I find it's reasonable to assume that no portals are compatible with other systems... I know I tried my XBox Portal on a Wii, and it didn't even hesitate to say it couldn't find a portal. The only way they're easily, fully compatible is for daisy chaining, putting other system's portals next to the active one to extend the range. But the connected portal should still belong to the system you're using it on!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#8 Posted: 16:24:28 23/02/2013
Quote: niceguy1
The only way they're easily, fully compatible is for daisy chaining, putting other system's portals next to the active one to extend the range. But the connected portal should still belong to the system you're using it on!

You can do that? smilie Explain please smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 21:20:15 23/02/2013
Quote: flashwingftw
My 3ds portal is not working with my x box version! I have it connected with the wire and everything!

There's a video on youtube of a guy with a VERY dirty floor that demonstrates how to fix this...there are SERIOUS problems with the 3ds portal that causes it not to work and it's prevalent enough people have documented a fix.

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 21:42:31 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
^ lol, random cat appearance
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#11 Posted: 07:48:08 24/02/2013
Quote: fireofexile
The only way they're easily, fully compatible is for daisy chaining, putting other system's portals next to the active one to extend the range. But the connected portal should still belong to the system you're using it on!

I pretty much just did, LOL! Here's a video of someone doing it:

It's not the video I saw, but it demonstrates the technique. I love that this video demonstrates that the second portal not only doesn't need to be plugged in, it doesn't even need power. I saw a picture or something where someone was using 3 portals: 2 full-sized ones from XBox or PS3 or Wii and a small one for 3DS. He put the two big portals next to each other, the 3DS one in front making a triangle, and so each Skylander had its own portal, and the mini-portal was for magic items. Nice and organized, LOL!

In everything I've seen, it seems important that only one portal is on and connected. Understanding the technology as I do, it's obvious why this works. Inside the rim of each portal is a circle of copper wire, used to broadcast and receive. Putting two of these coils next to each other basically extends the coil, they work together. The same thing happens if you have a radio with an antenna, and put the antenna next to electrical wiring, the electrical wiring extends the range/strength of the radio's ability to receive radio stations (SAVED me when I was at camp far from civilization). smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#12 Posted: 15:26:36 24/02/2013
i use the 3ds portal on my ps3 with the usb cable it works perfect...
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#13 Posted: 17:23:33 24/02/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2QYtLZR98

It's not the video I saw, but it demonstrates the technique. I love that this video demonstrates that the second portal not only doesn't need to be plugged in, it doesn't even need power. I saw a picture or something where someone was using 3 portals: 2 full-sized ones from XBox or PS3 or Wii and a small one for 3DS. He put the two big portals next to each other, the 3DS one in front making a triangle, and so each Skylander had its own portal, and the mini-portal was for magic items. Nice and organized, LOL!

In everything I've seen, it seems important that only one portal is on and connected. Understanding the technology as I do, it's obvious why this works. Inside the rim of each portal is a circle of copper wire, used to broadcast and receive. Putting two of these coils next to each other basically extends the coil, they work together. The same thing happens if you have a radio with an antenna, and put the antenna next to electrical wiring, the electrical wiring extends the range/strength of the radio's ability to receive radio stations (SAVED me when I was at camp far from civilization). smilie

That's awesome! I'm going to try it out soon. I have a BlueTooth, 3DS, and xBox 360 portal, so I can set mine up in a triangle like that smilie Thanks for explaining how it works, I probably would have never found out about that by myself.
#14 Posted: 23:52:18 24/02/2013
I WISH I could try it, I only have the one portal, LOL! My nephews have a Wii Portal, which they brought over the last time, but that was like a week before I found out about this, LMAO!
---
Kmknox Green Sparx Gems: 313
#15 Posted: 00:25:59 25/02/2013
I found this:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support.

Yes but they are not all compatible. The Xbox portal will only work on an Xbox. The 3DS portal is universal and will work on any system except an Xbox. The PS3 and Wii have the same portal and will be interchangeable and can also work in the PC version of the game. The PC portal will only work on the PC version of the game. All portals will work for the Web world.

Please feel free to contact us again for technical issues or questions.

With that being said... My son and I use our (unpowered) wireless portal with our 360 portal when we play together, especially when playing giants. The extra space is really nice with two giants and a magic item in play. It has worked flawless for us so far.
#16 Posted: 00:33:41 25/02/2013 | Topic Creator

That soooo cool!
---
R.I.P to my wallet
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me