Page 1 of 1
Ownership question [CLOSED]
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#1 Posted: 05:51:32 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I recently bought the x box version off eBay for $11, idk why but I like the graphics, plus I have to practice for swap force, anyway, I noticed in giants that when you take ownership of a skyalnder, it doesn't erase the nickname or the hat the skyalnder is wearing, does it erase the hat and nickname on the 360 version?
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 08:06:58 21/02/2013
You're confusing Ownership with Resetting. Ownership just tells the game that this figure should belong to this game. Whether a Skylander is owned by the game makes little difference. The only difference I detect is that only Owned Skylanders add their Heroic Challenge permanently to Cali's list of Heroic Challenges, and Owning it adds it to the list of Skylanders the game includes in your Skylanders Collection (and as such adds to your XP bonuses for owning so many of this element, that kind of thing). Taking Ownership changes nothing else, just tells the game to consider this figure as belonging to THIS save game. You should also notice that the Skylander still has all their money and experience and experience level.

You're thinking of resetting. Resetting a figure returns it to Store New. Level 1, 0 money, no hat, no nickname.

Where you go from here is up to you. If you truly want to enjoy these figures as new, you could reset them (go to the Character Info/Management screen by pressing the alternate Start on your controller - Select, Back, [-] on the Wii, etc... - then go to the right-most tab and choose Reset, it'll confirm if you really want to do this), OR you can decide to take advantage of the head start you've gotten and just adjust them to your taste: Changing the nickname to one you like or removing it altogther, applying a hat you prefer.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#3 Posted: 15:13:05 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
On the wii version (from what I remember) when I try to take ownership of a skylander it would say "taking ownership of this skylander will take its hat off and reset its nickname"
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 07:13:10 22/02/2013
That's weird, because when I took ownership of 9 of my nephews' Skylanders, afterwards I went on their Wii to take ownership back, and there was no such message... That was in SSA, though, I have yet to see Giants on their Wii, they only got the game for Christmas and that's the last time I was over at their place... Also they haven't set any nicknames, so it's reasonable that without a nickname it wouldn't warn about it, but most if not all were wearing hats.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me