Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Dead Space Topic
Page 1 of 1
The All-Purpose Dead Space Topic [CLOSED]
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#1 Posted: 19:14:02 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Just saw that no one else had made one so why not? Just beat Dead Space 3 too. Anyway, feel free to talk about whatever you want about the series.

---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#2 Posted: 20:03:43 19/02/2013
Play Dead Space 3 Co-Op, you can see the other guy or you (depends from who is the second player) go insane.
Me: *stares a toy soldier*
Friend: The **** you doing?
Me: staring a toy soldier.
Friend: It is a barriel.
Me: Oh.
(i was player 2)
---
Ligi
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#3 Posted: 21:52:09 19/02/2013
I am a huge Dead Space fan (Isaac Clarke love <3), loved the first and the second, completed them both 20 times over xD

The third did not disappoint me what so ever, I love it. I can't stop playing it C: And Co-op is so good and fun and makes you experience it differently in a new way, so pleased how it turned out (: And how SouleFly^ said about there co-op experience same happened with me xD I was like, that's a toy soldier o-o and he was like errr no. It was so odd. xD

Anywho I'm glad I watch till end of the credits (MASSIVE SPOILER)
I was crying so bad about the end xD But then I heard his voice at the very end, so all good. He's alive. :3

Any who overall, Loved every second. <'3

'I turned my back on the world because I was afraid of what needed to be done. Ellie, I'm not afraid anymore. - Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 3.' - Amazing quote.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#4 Posted: 01:57:02 20/02/2013
I just have Dead Space 1 and 2, actually I'm recording my Dead Space gameplay in Impossible difficult (I miss only 1 trophy to get my platinum >.< )
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#5 Posted: 13:16:31 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SpyroGirlCazy
I was crying so bad about the end xD But then I heard his voice at the very end, so all good. He's alive. :3

'I turned my back on the world because I was afraid of what needed to be done. Ellie, I'm not afraid anymore. - Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 3.' - Amazing quote.

Me too. Isaac is probably my third favorite video game protagonist, so I was kind of disappointed to see him go like that, even if I knew in the pit of stomach that he might die. but tate secret message, WHAM! The question is though, what about Carver? He just gonna magically teleport to Isaac at the beginning of Dead Space 4? smilie

And yes, this game did have some pretty strong quotes, especially that one.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
#6 Posted: 13:44:01 20/02/2013
Quote: SonicGX98
Quote: SpyroGirlCazy

Me too. Isaac is probably my third favorite video game protagonist, so I was kind of disappointed to see him go like that, even if I knew in the pit of stomach that he might die. but tate secret message, WHAM! The question is though, what about Carver? He just gonna magically teleport to Isaac at the beginning of Dead Space 4? smilie

And yes, this game did have some pretty strong quotes, especially that one.

That what I was thinking, I mean they can't just bring in a brand new character who we are just starting to get to know and love his story to then just kill him of xD I think maybe Isaac must find him somewhere, but then like, ugh unless its a opening scene cause when you do it co-op on DS4 he cant just be there even though you look for him. xD I dunno how they are gonna pull it of xD

Ah yes, it's so odd to think he didn't speak at all, not the once in Dead Space 1, for him now to be so emotional with his words smilie
#7 Posted: 16:52:42 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Maybe Visceral was trying to be more immersive in Dead Space , but maybe they found out that a silent protagonist wouldn't work well for three games straight with a lot of character interaction so they decided to give him a voice. I could see how it worked well in the original due to not as much as there is in 2 and 3.
---
#8 Posted: 19:24:06 20/02/2013
Sounds like a good enough reason^
#9 Posted: 22:12:07 20/02/2013
Me: Hey look! Presents!
Friend: Those are coffins.
Me: Wtf is wrong with this guy?
---
Ligi
#10 Posted: 12:13:10 21/02/2013
This worst co-op bit was when Isaacs face turned into a doll/or his wife/child face. I couldn't really tell which it was but me and the person I was playing with screamed so badly. smilie
#11 Posted: 14:40:07 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
A funny thing I did with my freind in the game was when...
After I killed Norton, both me and my partner kept stomping his body untile it was just a torso with one leg, then I pushed it off a cliff...smilie

I didn't find this one to be as scary as the other two, but there were some scary moments like...
at the end when we had to get back to the Machine and we literally only each had about 2 HP left and there were so many Rosettas we just kept super stasising them and then while we were waiting to get on the jumpad two of them were behind us which freaked me out, so we just unloaded on them with our Javelin miniguns with Rocket launchers.

Anyway, what are all your favorite Custom weapons? my favorite (besides the Planet Cracker) is a Javelin Minigun with a Rocket launcher which I put a Stasis coating and a safety guard on. A funny thing I used to do with it was that before I had a safety guard, I had a damages support on it, so when I shot a rocket 5 feet in front of me, I was flying backwards in slow motion and my partner was just cracking up. smilie
---
#12 Posted: 18:08:43 21/02/2013
^I did what you did on your first spoiler also xD
I hate him, stupid Norton. xD

Ah I hate it when I turn around and see something running for me. Scary xD

My favourite custom weapon would be;
Compact tool frame,
Upper tool is Military engine with the attachment of Repeater MKII which has a fire attachment on it so it sets monsters alight as well.
The lower tool is I cant remember what its called but its like the line gun but a electric version which bounces of the walls and slices them in one shot. Its amazing xD I love it.
#13 Posted: 21:40:53 21/02/2013
The best weapon is a flamethrower that freezes enemies. smilie
---
Ligi
#14 Posted: 12:07:13 22/02/2013
Did anyone other who played coop find the start bit when you roll down the hill with the plane crash really funny? Like all I could was my coop partner rolling like a mad man down the hill smilie
#15 Posted: 13:06:34 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I thought it was sorta funny. I always find people rollong down snow hills hilarious.
The best part was when I was playing coop, when my partner died I waslaughong so much, but when I died, he started to crack up. Anyone else have the feeling that tim was gonna die? I did.

Also does anyone know what the peng treasure means? I found in DS1 is it a reference to a past game or something?
---
#16 Posted: 13:47:40 22/02/2013
Yeah, every time I died, my partner cried with laughing. Maybe that's because I made us stuck on the cliffs for about 30 mins as I just couldn't do it smilie

Well I looked it up awhile ago and found this on the Dead Space wiki (hope it helps)
Quote:
The Peng Treasure is a type of 'prize' found in all (singleplayer) installments of the Dead Space series. The Treasure itself is molded into the shape of a woman; The Treasure may be obtained only once throughout a single play-through, but can be obtained again upon a subsequent play-through of the singleplayer campaign. Once obtaining the Treasure, the player is awarded an achievement/trophy, and may sell the item at The Store for a great sum of Credits.

The term "Peng" is believed by many to be a type of erotic entrainment/service featuring an attractive woman. It may also simply be a brand of controceptive. Many also believe that Peng may also be referring to a type of recreational drug, or both. Aboard the USG Ishimura and Titan Station, multiple posters and graffiti found on the walls of the Sprawl feature a female with lines such as: "I Want More Peng." Or more notably: "There's Always Peng!" In multiple languages, "Peng" is often slang for "attractive" or "money."

EDIT: Heres the page of PENG if you want more info on it, http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/The_Peng_Treasure
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:04 22/02/2013 by SpyroGirlCazy
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#17 Posted: 16:18:10 22/02/2013
>Starts new game on Dead Space 2 on Zealot mode. Hasn't finished the game once.
>Proceeds to play new game called: "Let me run around in circles for 5 minutes while I miss all my shots, screaming STOP THAT!"
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
#18 Posted: 16:42:59 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I looked that up. I guess it's some sort of cool easter egg for people who notice those posters.
---
#19 Posted: 16:49:35 22/02/2013
Well not really, PENG is just something 'erotic' that people in that time use or have smilie

For example there's a bathroom in Dead Space 1 where on the walls someone has written 'I give good PENG' which backs up the thoughts people have about it.

Anywho, Any one tried the game on that mode where if you die once it resets the whole game over?
#20 Posted: 19:02:30 22/02/2013
Hardcore mode? Not yet
---
#21 Posted: 15:50:58 23/02/2013
Neither have I, I'm doing it co-op though. Don't think I could do it myself xD
#22 Posted: 18:02:49 23/02/2013
MAN UP MODE!
---
#23 Posted: 20:00:04 23/02/2013
Just image it though, You get right to the end, just on the final boss or something and you die. That's is. The game gets put right back at the start. Ugh xD
#24 Posted: 00:49:16 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm probably gonna beat classic mode first so I can get the devil's horns. Hey it's not cheating if you get it fairly! smilie
---
#25 Posted: 11:30:45 24/02/2013
Haha to right xD I'm 3/4 of a way though Classic mode P: Then doing the rest of the modes on Co-op.
#26 Posted: 19:01:43 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Dead Space 3: Awakened is out as of Yesterday!!! smilie
It has been confirmed that you will play as Isaac and Carver in this, with it being a sequel to the main game, and perhaps maybe a prequel? to Dead Space 4
Those who get scared easily though might not want this, as it is repoted to have the most disturbing content ever in Dead Space history. For some reason though there's no trailer online, so you're gonna have to download it to see what it's like! smilie
---
#27 Posted: 00:49:59 08/03/2013
^Can not wait, I saw the trailer for it and it looks amazing :3
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#28 Posted: 11:49:05 08/03/2013
I played and completed Dead Space 3 recently. It was a pretty good game - beautiful design, great characters, etc.
I'm excited to see what Dead Space 3: Awakened has to offer. The trailer certainly looks impressive.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#29 Posted: 14:29:40 08/03/2013
^ What's Dead Space 3: Awakened? I'm a bit lost with Dead Space 3 because I don't have it smilie!!

By the way guys, did you recommend Dead Space EXTRACTION for PS3?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#30 Posted: 14:32:31 08/03/2013
Dead Space 3: Awakened is DLC for Dead Space 3, which takes after the main game smilie
#31 Posted: 17:28:16 27/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, so I was wrong with Awakened being out awhile ago, but now it is complete with a new trailer! Check my old post if you want info about it.

---
#32 Posted: 12:01:19 30/03/2013
I played the Awakened DLC, It was only about a 45-1 hour bit of DLC. So really short. Although it was really good and I enjoyed it fully. Well worth the money.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me