Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders cartoon [CLOSED]
Terrafin2 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#1 Posted: 17:17:28 18/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Any chance you think we'll have a Skylanders show?
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2 Posted: 17:33:39 18/02/2013
Activision said it's a possibility that a television could happen in the future. I hope it would be on Nickolodean.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3 Posted: 17:35:49 18/02/2013
oh dear God no, please no, nononononononononononononononononononononono.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 18:17:44 18/02/2013
I'm sure they could always team up with Dreamworks to do it... <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#5 Posted: 14:07:08 19/02/2013
I wouldn't be surprised.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Terrafin2 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#6 Posted: 22:30:43 19/02/2013 | Topic Creator
But what Network? Cartoon Netwoek, Nickelodeon or Hub
#7 Posted: 00:35:21 20/02/2013
HUB is unlikely, since it's owned by Hasbro and Skylanders more or less represents competition to that company. Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon would both be viable candidates, but giving the ratings for the two networks recently, Cartoon Network would be the better bet by a long shot (Nick has been tanking according to Viacom's figures). Also, Viacom, the parent company for Nick, owns Neopets, so something tells me they wouldn't exactly like a giant advertisement for Skylanders on their channel. So that would just leave Cartoon Network, which is owned by Turner Broadcasting which doesn't have a stake in the toy/video game market. <.<;
---
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2391
#8 Posted: 22:41:53 22/04/2013
A T.V. SHOW! Oh that would be awesome! Get a few commercials here and there using the money from all of the Skylander products and...BOOM! there you have it, something that will be popular.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#9 Posted: 22:50:26 22/04/2013
I for one am sure it would air on Nickelodeon.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#10 Posted: 22:56:12 22/04/2013
Quote: Kariana

no, i think it air on cartoon network. but has ANYONE remembered Boomerang?
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
#11 Posted: 22:57:51 22/04/2013
Quote: Spyrois2cool4yu

Of course I remember Boomerang. But it is my opinion that it should air on Nickelodeon. So congratz on disagreeing?
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#12 Posted: 22:58:20 22/04/2013
What about
Disney.

HE SAID THE WORD HE SAID IT CANCEL THE SHOW!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#13 Posted: 23:06:02 22/04/2013

Of course I remember Boomerang. But it is my opinion that it should air on Nickelodeon. So congratz on disagreeing?

Thank you for remembering boomerang, it was my favorite channel until they had "real" commercials, and it's still my favorite. How is nick popular? the only show I like on there is Spongebob.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
#14 Posted: 23:11:34 22/04/2013

Thank you for remembering boomerang, it was my favorite channel until they had "real" commercials, and it's still my favorite. How is nick popular? the only show I like on there is Spongebob.

Nick is really popular, just as popular as Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#15 Posted: 23:22:10 22/04/2013

Nick is really popular, just as popular as Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. smilie

Fine! Argument ended. Oh and Sleepy, I've remembered disney, its just NOT gonna happen on disney, VERY unlikely. If your talking about Elijah Woods, that was the TLoS movie, this a TV show we're talking about.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
#16 Posted: 01:13:06 23/04/2013

Quote: HIR
Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon would both be viable candidates, but given the ratings for the two networks recently, Cartoon Network would be the better bet by a long shot (Nick has been tanking according to Viacom's figures). Also, Viacom, the parent company for Nick, owns Neopets, so something tells me they wouldn't exactly like a giant advertisement for Skylanders on their channel. So that would just leave Cartoon Network, which is owned by Turner Broadcasting which doesn't have a stake in the toy/video game market. <.<;

*cough*
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#17 Posted: 15:55:00 23/04/2013
Not sure how I'd feel about that....
Meh.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Cassafrass1999 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#18 Posted: 00:09:45 26/04/2013
YES!!!! THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! smilie (as would have been the TLoS movie, although the cancelled it...*sigh*). D:
---
Check out my guestbook to see my collection of our 30+ Skylanders! smilie

I support all Spyros (although TLoS is my VERY fav.) smilie smilie smilie
#19 Posted: 02:06:43 26/04/2013
Well Ratchet & Clank's getting a movie. So maybe there's hope yet? *shot*
---
Cassafrass1999 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#20 Posted: 02:28:14 26/04/2013
Well Ratchet & Clank's getting a movie. So maybe there's hope yet? *shot*

Yeah...*sings "Here's Hope" which is an Owl City song* smilie
---
Check out my guestbook to see my collection of our 30+ Skylanders! smilie

I support all Spyros (although TLoS is my VERY fav.) smilie smilie smilie
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#21 Posted: 20:39:07 26/04/2013
No. Just, no.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#22 Posted: 22:43:38 26/04/2013
I could see it on cartoon network, but nowhere else.
#23 Posted: 13:01:38 27/04/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
I could see it on cartoon network, but nowhere else.

i TOTALY Agree
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
#24 Posted: 18:31:17 27/04/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
I personally think that it would air on Nickelodeon. Not because of what types of shows are on there, but because Nick and Activision seem to be buttbuddies.

what do you mean?
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
#25 Posted: 23:24:17 28/04/2013
what do you mean?

To me, it seems like they're closely associated.

As far as I've seen, Nickelodeon was the first to advertise Skylanders, and in a way that the other companies didn't (through a website).

Also, the CG trailers for both Skylander's Adventure and Giants were shown on Nickelodeon during new episodes of some of their animated shows. It seems weird, since Nickelodeon's parent company owns Neopets (which I would assume would be competition to Skylanders), but I guess Activision was willing to shell out the money. <.<;
---
#26 Posted: 13:05:44 29/04/2013
what do you mean?

As far as I've seen, Nickelodeon was the first to advertise Skylanders, and in a way that the other companies didn't (through a website).

Also, the CG trailers for both Skylander's Adventure and Giants were shown on Nickelodeon during new episodes of some of their animated shows. It seems weird, since Nickelodeon's parent company owns Neopets (which I would assume would be competition to Skylanders), but I guess Activision was willing to shell out the money. <.<;

Oh i never really noticed that, but thanks for telling me. Money, money, money. that's like all they care about. "Money makes the world go around" that isn't true, "God makes the world go around" All people ever care about these days is money.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#27 Posted: 20:06:06 29/04/2013

Watch PR and TMNT. They're WAY better.

Oh i never really noticed that, but thanks for telling me. Money, money, money. that's like all they care about. "Money makes the world go around" that isn't true, "God makes the world go around" All people ever care about these days is money.

So Acti should give Nick God to air their commercials?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:56 29/04/2013 by Ryanator20x6
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#28 Posted: 20:12:19 29/04/2013
It's only a matter of time...
#29 Posted: 20:48:56 29/04/2013

Well the goal of a corporation is to pander to its owners, the shareholders. It does this by trying to turn the largest profit possible. <.<
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#30 Posted: 22:26:48 30/04/2013
I want a Skylanders Anime not a Cartoon. :3
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#31 Posted: 22:58:07 30/04/2013
Anime is stupid. (No offense) They have creepily large eyes and little slits of mouthes. Its creepy.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#32 Posted: 23:27:48 30/04/2013
Anime is stupid. (No offense) They have creepily large eyes and little slits of mouthes. Its creepy.

It's offensive regardless of saying that it isn't if you generalize them like that. I know a lot of anime that have great art (don't ask me for names,I'm so bad at following any series I don't try to watch anything but intros and trailers)and it's really sad to have people treat all anime like it's the same style.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#33 Posted: 23:31:36 30/04/2013
Quote: Bifrost

It's offensive regardless of saying that it isn't if you generalize them like that. I know a lot of anime that have great art (don't ask me for names,I'm so bad at following any series I don't try to watch anything but intros and trailers)and it's really sad to have people treat all anime like it's the same style.

I have only seen that style, for I dont follow anime... And I have had bad past experiences. I was 4 and saw a few minutes of a really inapropriate anime, and had nightmares. I now generalize all of them the same for some reason.
#34 Posted: 01:11:26 01/05/2013
Quote: XSparxX
I want a Skylanders Anime not a Cartoon. :3

Interesting... Skylanders is a big thing in the West so I'm assuming Western Animation would be the most appropriate. Specifically, CGI like the cutscenes. <.<;
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#35 Posted: 07:36:49 01/05/2013
No offense, but completely saying that anime is stupid is offensive as you're stating it like a fact, not just "I don't like anime".
*I respect your opinion, we all like different things*
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#36 Posted: 14:36:14 01/05/2013

I have only seen that style, for I dont follow anime... And I have had bad past experiences. I was 4 and saw a few minutes of a really inapropriate anime, and had nightmares. I now generalize all of them the same for some reason.

Don't assume all are the same regardless of that,I also ran into a lot of Anime that were too violent/disturbing for my age(hey that's what happens when your big brother makes you watch Inuyasha and Samurai X when you're like 8 years old) but I didn't think less of them; different people means different styles even in the same genre.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:11 01/05/2013 by Bifrost
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#37 Posted: 17:50:01 01/05/2013
I usually don't really like anime that much. They just really use the same eye and hair style for most of characters. I really only like Dragon Ball Z Kai and Avatar if that's considered anime.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
SpyroDragonstar Green Sparx Gems: 196
#38 Posted: 03:29:26 02/05/2013
To be completely honest, I wouldn't really care if thre was a show or not, because I rarely watch TV. Well, maybe I can watch a bit but not for too long.
---
WHY ARE YOU READING THIS??? Turn away. Go. smilie smilie
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#39 Posted: 11:52:45 04/05/2013
Well either people upload it to YouTube or PUT IT ON CITV!!! (Not CBBC cause its only BBC stuff on that)
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#40 Posted: 19:15:45 05/05/2013
what's the difference between cartoon and anime????
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#41 Posted: 19:36:18 05/05/2013
I would like to see a style like wind waker graphics for the show.Don't ask why.I would also prefer anime to a cartoon since I watch some anime like yu-gi-oh.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Baby Spyro Red Sparx Gems: 71
#42 Posted: 10:38:18 06/05/2013
what's the difference between cartoon and anime????

A Cartoon is a cartoon thats done by America Canada etc... Anime is a cartoon style done by Japan... So really theres not much difference apart from the style and the origin.
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#43 Posted: 22:47:56 17/05/2013
That would be awesome! smilie
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#44 Posted: 20:07:38 20/05/2013
I'd watch it, unless it's too childish, but I'd at least give it a shot.

Quote: Jaggedstar

Don't say no unless it happens. It could be decent.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#45 Posted: 11:47:46 05/07/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

wish granted, acti had confirmed there's no show!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me