Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Destiny [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1 Posted: 13:30:40 17/02/2013 | Topic Creator
That's right, Destiny. Bungie's next big thing.

Man, I've been so hyped for this game already that I don't even know what to tell ya. Tomorrow more information will be released about the universe.
At times like this I wish I wasn't bound to my conscription so much..

So, who else knows about this game? What would you want to see from it? Discuss.

gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#2 Posted: 13:47:19 17/02/2013
What consoles is it on?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 14:21:28 17/02/2013
If that's artwork for the game, colour me intrigued. This is the first I've heard of the game, but I knew Bungie were working on something. Isn't it an MMO of sorts?

But if that is artwork from the game, I like the art direction. Seems like a blend of a medieval setting and a sci-fi setting.

I wasn't into Halo, but this looks more like my kind of thing.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#4 Posted: 06:26:31 18/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: gillgrunt987
What consoles is it on?

Xbox360 and the upcoming new Xbox console. Later on it will also be introduced to PlayStation (confirmed information). As for a PC version, I got no idea.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
If that's artwork for the game, colour me intrigued. This is the first I've heard of the game, but I knew Bungie were working on something. Isn't it an MMO of sorts?

But if that is artwork from the game, I like the art direction. Seems like a blend of a medieval setting and a sci-fi setting.

I wasn't into Halo, but this looks more like my kind of thing.

Yeah, that is (intentionally) leaked concept art for the game. The music is fan-made though, but I know Bungie will do a great job on it as well.

At first the game was announced to be an MMO, but later on Bungie revealed that it was actually a joke. Destiny is designed to be "social" at it's core though, so multiplayer is going to play a large part in it.

The story, or what we know of it, actually kinda reminds me of some epic medieval fantasy, only that it's set 700 years into the future. The players are referred to as "knights", tasked with the defense of Earth's last populated city.
A gigantic, spherical alien ship referred to only as "The Traveler" arrives to Earth's proximity, and hovers above the last city like a second moon. What is known of The Traveler, is only that it is our protector.
Meanwhile, strange creatures creep from the outer edges of the universe, determined to destroy the last city and the remains of humanity. As knights, it's the duty of the players to defend humanity, find out more about this mysterious threat and finally, overcome it.

Bungie has also stated that Destiny is designed for your "inner seven-year-old". It's supposed to feel like a mythic adventure, instead of a dark-themed scifi war like Halo.
I suggest checking out the leaked concept art, it looks fantastic.

Edit: Lookie here.

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:42:53 18/02/2013 by Samius
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#5 Posted: 07:10:31 18/02/2013
Yes. omfg play destiny with samius
Anyway I can't wait to see gameplay and customization. I'm not committing to a class until I see more though.
---
cry baby, I am
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#6 Posted: 08:00:09 18/02/2013
I actually can't wait for this game. It looks so good from the ViDoc~
#7 Posted: 15:39:29 18/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
Yes. omfg play destiny with samius
Anyway I can't wait to see gameplay and customization. I'm not committing to a class until I see more though.

Can't wait to see more myself too. And of course you could play Halo with me as well, it's just that I don't have any GOLD membership left. It would be a waste of cash, seeing how I'm still in the army and can't play much.

Quote: SpyroGirlCazy
I actually can't wait for this game. It looks so good from the ViDoc~

Everything about it looks good in my opinion. I knew Bungie was working at something big already from their 20th anniversary ViDoc.

Here's it is, btw. Just in case you're interested in knowing more about the company itself. I think Bungie must be my favorite game studio (for obvious reasons). The part where they mention Destiny is in the end of the video.

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:41 18/02/2013 by Samius
#8 Posted: 03:14:49 20/02/2013
I hope Destiny has a lot of cool spells and customization.
---
cry baby, I am
#9 Posted: 15:25:43 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Eww, spells on my science fiction?

I do hope the customization choices are nearly limitless, but I really wouldn't want to see magic in this game. I dunno, maybe I'm just stuck in my own views of scifi.
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#10 Posted: 16:54:47 20/02/2013
Quote: Samius

I do hope the customization choices are nearly limitless, but I really wouldn't want to see magic in this game. I dunno, maybe I'm just stuck in my own views of scifi.

This. unless they put in some sort of biotics like in Mass Effect, but not too much so it's OP. I'm really interested as to how Bungie is gonna keep this franchise alive over the next ten years, maybe expansion packs, or constant sequels?
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
#11 Posted: 01:23:24 21/02/2013
Quote: SonicGX98

This. unless they put in some sort of biotics like in Mass Effect, but not too much so it's OP. I'm really interested as to how Bungie is gonna keep this franchise alive over the next ten years, maybe expansion packs, or constant sequels?

"Comet" DLC in between the game releases.
13 Destiny
14 Comet DLC
15 New game
16 Comet DLC
And so on until the 10 year campaign ends.
Also, I think it's kind of cool to put spells in sci fi. If you don't want them you can just pick Hunter or Titan.
---
cry baby, I am
#12 Posted: 07:55:44 21/02/2013
Bloop, hate to deuce my posts but here's some gameplay footage from the PS4 reveal. Yes, it's going to be on the PS4.
---
cry baby, I am
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#13 Posted: 08:45:14 21/02/2013
I'm sold.
#14 Posted: 09:32:45 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Bloop, hate to deuce my posts but here's some gameplay footage from the PS4 reveal. Yes, it's going to be on the PS4.

Yeah, it was already announced to be on the PS also. It was said that the PS version would be released after the Xbox one, though.
#15 Posted: 14:51:50 21/02/2013
Yeah, but PS will have stuff the Xbox version wont. Not sure what though.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#16 Posted: 16:21:46 21/02/2013
anybody else betting its gonna be overhyped and be mediocre???????????????????
#17 Posted: 20:45:54 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

I bet there are loads of cynical people who do! How great!
#18 Posted: 05:46:22 22/02/2013

A bit stupid and pointless if it doesn't have to do with console limits.
---
cry baby, I am
EyeofHans Blue Sparx Gems: 801
#19 Posted: 17:24:08 22/02/2013

"Magic is just misunderstood science."

Would be cool to have certain things in which are such complex science it appears to be magic in the game, at least in my opinion.

Is this confirmed?
---
I'm medicated how are you?
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#20 Posted: 23:02:05 22/02/2013
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

I bet there are loads of cynical people who do! How great!

"7.5" - IGN
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#21 Posted: 23:07:19 22/02/2013
Destiny looks like... uh... a game! Yeah, that's it! I'm not going to judge it until I have more knowledge on it... <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#22 Posted: 01:52:02 23/02/2013
Quote: HIR
Destiny looks like... uh... a game! Yeah, that's it! I'm not going to judge it until I have more knowledge on it... <.>

OH MY GOD
THE WISE WORDS OF HIR
---
cry baby, I am
#23 Posted: 17:29:58 23/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Here we see the official trailer of Destiny.
#24 Posted: 13:22:11 24/05/2013
Cool! Not quite sure what to get this for, the Xbox One or the PS4. I wanna get it for the PS4, but all my friends are probably gonna get it for the One, but most them probably won't even go to next gen in the first place. Looks Like I'm getting it for 360. smilie
---
#25 Posted: 14:47:51 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I've heard word that Destiny would sport a cross-platform multiplayer, but that was a long time ago so I'm not sure if that information is legitimate.
Meta Knight Green Sparx Gems: 359
#26 Posted: 17:36:06 29/05/2013
The music is very nice but the game doesnt look to intriguing to me.
#27 Posted: 17:49:17 29/05/2013 | Topic Creator
That's fine. I don't know why that was worth noting, but ok.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me