Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro 2 Gateway to Glimmer [CLOSED]
Glimmer Red Sparx Gems: 50
#1 Posted: 10:53:24 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone, im bored right now so I thought I would put up a few questions for you guys. Mainly about the game and what you think about it and all that. So the questions will just ask about your favorite things about the game and what parts did you think were the best. When you have finished the questions, include a sentence or two about what you think of the game in general. Just explain what you like about it and why do you like the game and stuff like that. So these are the questions:
1. Favorite Speedway (and why is it your favorite speedway)
2. Favorite level (and why is it your favorite level)
3. Favorite Home world (Autumn Plains, Winter Tundra, Summer Forest)
4. Favorite character ( It can be any character on the game )
5. What was the most challenging orb to get for you?
6. Best ride in Dragon Shores?
7. Best music soundtrack? (It can be from any level or home world)
8. Easiest boss?
9. Most fun boss to fight?
10. Least favorite boss?

(Down here include what you think of the game in general)[User Posted Image]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 13:10:54 13/02/2013
1. My favourite speedway would be Canyon Speedway, because I like the setting of the level, and it's a speedway that I struggle the least with.
2. My favourite level would be Metropolis as I like the futuristic style to it, and it feels like an early version of Ratchet & Clank, I also like the fact that Insomniac decided to combine two power-ups together at the end of the level, so Spyro can have the superflame and flight. I think it's one of the most interesting level designs in the whole game.
3. My favourite homeworld would be Autumn Plains, the whole atmosphere to it feels so peaceful and warming, more so than the other two. And you can do the LONGEST GLIDE...
4. Besides Spyro, I'd choose Hunter, he's just so goofy at times, and he makes me laugh, or chuckle the most, and his voice over is really great.
5. The most challenging orb, hmm, that's a tricky one, most of them are not too bad, but I'd choose the Earthshaper one in Fracture Hills, as sometimes when Spyro goes to headbash them, he kind of slips off of them, and then they end up getting back to their feet again, and I fail it. So it's basically a glitch that stops me from getting the orb right away.
6. The one where you go round the long track trying to get all the balloons and miss the obstacles, it's so interesting compared to the others, you get a ride at the same time, what more could you ask for?
7. It's got to be Glimmer, it's probably more for the nostalgia than anything.
8. Crush, all you got to do is jump over a few obstacles, and dodge a few, it's not that bad.
9. Gulp, once you know what you're doing, it's a blast!!
10. Now, I wouldn't say this is my least favourite, but it definitely is challenging, and that's Ripto. So from that, I'd change my mind and say that Crush is the least, because there isn't THAT much challenge to it.

The game is fantastic in general, although nowadays I do wish that the levels, and homeworld were larger, other than that, there's colourful characters, and there's humour, a challenge, and you're an epic, purple firey breather, it's fun!
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#3 Posted: 17:44:45 13/02/2013
1. Favorite Speedway (and why is it your favorite speedway) Ocean Speedway, it's the only one I've ever completed smilie
2. Favorite level (and why is it your favorite level) Hmmm....no idea
3. Favorite Home world (Autumn Plains, Winter Tundra, Summer Forest) Winter Tundra
4. Favorite character ( It can be any character on the game ) Elora
5. What was the most challenging orb to get for you? Summer Forest orb behind the door
6. Best ride in Dragon Shores? Idk
7. Best music soundtrack? (It can be from any level or home world) Winter Tundra and Autumn Plains
8. Easiest boss? Crush
9. Most fun boss to fight? Gulp
10. Least favorite boss? Ripto, the bastard kept killing me smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#4 Posted: 18:31:58 13/02/2013
1. Metro Speedway
I really like this speedway mainly because of it's design, I've always been a fan of night-time city levels, it always reminds me of 'Gotham' for the Batman franchise.
2. Mystic Marsh
I just can't put my finger on it. I simply have no idea why I love 'Mystic Marsh' so much, maybe it's the calming level design, the nice music, the family of ducks, the missions, or maybe it's BASIL THE EXPLORER! I don't know, I just love it. (Also Hurricos comes close second)
3. Autumn Plains
Autumn Plains is hands down my favorite homeworld/overworld of all time (rivaling that of Peach's Castle and Gruntilda's Lair). I've already said into great detail why I love this place so much, but I'll try to expand on it. First it's levels are my favorites in the game. Second and most importantly the design. I simply adore everything in this place, right down to the smallest detail. Since it's set on Autumn, the first part is surrounded with many golden brown leaves floating around the place, this creates an incredibly beautiful view, which is also complemented by the peaceful looking pool in the center of the garden part of the homeworld. The first time I saw that giant house, I thought it was part of the scenery since it was SO BIG, but to my joy, it was FULLY explorable, the place is HUGE! It's largeness makes it feel like it could go on forever. I have so much fun wandering around the place every time I replay the game. And finally the cherry on the cake, you all know what I'm talking about. Near the end of the house you will come across a large collection of cracks in the wall, if you decide to charge at it, it will reveal a secret passageway with a whirlwind that will lead you onto the roof if the giant house. Standing on the roof is just so peaceful, and so relaxing, yet that's not my favorite part. On the roof, you will find yet another whirlwind, if you go on it, it will elevate you all the way to the highest tower on top of the house. This is heaven. There's not a heck of alot on this tower, just a couple of gems, but the atmosphere! WOAH! The added wind sound effect makes you feel like your on the highest peak on Earth, looking down on literally ALL of the 'Autumn Plains', while also being able to look across the beautiful blue sky in the distance. It's certainly a rewarding experience, that YOU found that secret passage and worked your way up ALL the way from the very lowest point of 'Autumn Plains' right to the highest point in the entire game. This moment in a word is 'perfection', everything about it is absolutely perfect. It's not very often, where in a video game I stopped to just admire what a beautifully made creation the game is (only ever happening before in the 'Slimy Spring Galaxy' in 'Super Mario Galaxy 2'). Well this was one of those moments. Also the glide you can take form the tower to the final orb is also AMAZING! I know not many people will feel this strongly about this level, but that's my fully explained opinion.
4. Elora
Besides Spyro, Elora is my favorite character int the game, she just seems like a really nice character that has a really comforting voice too.
5. Trouble with the trolley, eh?
I don't really need to explain myself here. SO MANY LIVES. GONE!
6. Tunnel of Love
I always really liked the 'Tunnel of Love' ride, it always gives me a laugh whenever I'm feeling down. Oh, and also HANDEL AND GRETA ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER <3 <3 smilie
7. Tied between a few
Unfortunately, 'Spyro 2' has my least favorite soundtrack out the original trilogy, or even the original 5 for that matter; that's not to say that it doesn't have some AMAZING tracks, this is Stewart Copeland we're talking about hear. I can't really pick a favorite of the top of my head, but some of my favorite's include: Glimmer, Idol Spring/Fracture Hills, All the homeworlds, Hurricos, SCORCH, Gulp's Overlook, Mystic Marsh, Metropolis, and of course Ripto's Arena.
8. Crush
It's a pretty standard boss fight, all you gotta do is avoid his laser stuff then go in FOR THE KILL.... about 9 times.
9. Ripto
As much as I love the fight with 'Gulp', I'm gonna have to go with 'Ripto', it's FREAKING EPIC and my favorite final boss in a Spyro game. Also though it kinda sucks the fact that you can't properly fight him after you 100% the game, due to the permanent 'superflame ability'. Still a great boss fight!
10. Crush
As I said, pretty standard boss, but it's forgivable since he's the first boss in the game.

'Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer' is by far, my favorite video game of all time. I won't FULLY explain my answer on why I love it so much as you'd be here ALL DAY (although I do plan on reviewing it some time in the future). I'll just say this: At the end of the day, gameplay (at least in my opinion) is the single most important aspect of a game, and 'Spyro 2' FULLY delivers in this aspect, it's so simple yet so unique, Spyro's classic glide ability makes for some really well designed levels built around it. The inclusion of SO many new factors introduced in this game makes it simply sublime. I can happily say that I truly love this game. smilie
#5 Posted: 22:18:16 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Now thats what i like to see smilie

I spent so long reading that post, but find that quite interesting. Thats a pretty good summary of the game really, I would have to agree with you on most of your opinion.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
5. The most challenging orb, hmm, that's a tricky one, most of them are not too bad, but I'd choose the Earthshaper one in Fracture Hills, as sometimes when Spyro goes to headbash them, he kind of slips off of them, and then they end up getting back to their feet again, and I fail it.
I soo agree, i failed that so many times.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:06:50 14/02/2013 by JCW555
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#6 Posted: 22:43:17 13/02/2013
Oh, big questionnaires! Gimme!

I have so many memories of just wandering around Icy Speedway and watching the cavemen go by, so I'll go for that. Plus the sea serpents are adorable!

Well, I like Sunny Beach for the turtles, but I also like Scorch for its setting...I'll go with the former.

Autumn Plains. It's just so big and peaceful.

Um...Spyro or Sparx? Not sure any more.

Agent. Zero. Oh. Christ. I only managed to do it on my own about a month ago, and I've owned and played the game since its release in 1999.

The love boat. It's hilarious.

Gulp's Overlook. It's so epic in tone.

8. Easiest boss?

Gulp's Overlook. I got to grips with the whole running and bashing thing before the dodging fires and shockwaves thing.

Gulp's Overlook. Yep, again.

10. Least favorite boss?

Ripto. Namely because the others are just more fun than him.
---
Eh.
#7 Posted: 11:16:07 14/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone, I has moar questions! >smilie

11. Least favorite level?
12. Level that took the longest for you?
13. Easiest orb?
14. Least favorite character?
15. Hardest speedway?
16. Hardest level to get all orbs and gems?
17. Best moment of the WHOLE game?
18. Least favorite moment of the WHOLE game?
19. If you have used the colour changing cheats, what is your favorite colour to change him to?
20. What do you think was the best hidden secret on the game?

Im sorry these are really boring questions. I just know some people like questionnairs!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 11:28:22 14/02/2013
11. To be honest, I don't really have a level that I dislike, I just had a look through the walkthrough to jog my memory, and I enjoy them all equally, I suppose I could say Dragon Shores, just because I was expecting something bigger than what it was to be. So I was disappointed with that for a bonus level, but I think the highlight of it is the ride where you can shoot the balloons and dodge random stuffz, lol.
12. Probably either Robotica Farms, or Metropolis.
13. Hmph, there's so many, it's hard for me to decide exactly, I suppose the first orb you can get in Glimmer is easy, the one where you have to use the flying power-up out the back, you just have to fly in a circle, and flame when you get near a light, I've never failed it. And it takes me about five, six seconds to complete.
14. I guess the turtle from Sunny Beach, his voice is rather condescending I think.
15. Urm, Icy Speedway, or...Metro Speedway, I don't know, it's between those two that I seem to struggle the most with.
16. I don't know, maybe Robotica Farms, where you have to clear out the pesky bugs in the field.
17. Finally defeating Ripto, it's so satisfying, cross between the longest glide in Autumn Plains.
18. Finally getting access to Dragon Shores, only to find that's it's not that big of a level at all, just a small place full of mini-games, which is fine, but I wanted something more from it.
19. It would either be green or blue, green being because it was going to be Spyro's original colour, and blue because it's my favourite colour.
20. The cracked wall in the passageway leading to Gulp in Autumn Plains.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#9 Posted: 16:39:33 14/02/2013
11. Robitica Farms
I do thoroughly all the levels in 'Spyro 2', although 'Robitica Farms' for me, just didn't stand out, I don't really like the residents or enemies, and the level design is just kind of bland to me. I did enjoy the supercharge minigame in it though, apart from that, I just didn't like it that much.
12. Fracture Hills
I spent most game time probably on 'Fracture Hills' simply because of that ONE minigame! You know what I'm talking about.
13. First Orb
The one you get from completing Glimmer, its REALLY not that hard to get at all.
14. The Alcamist
...**** this guy.
15. Canyon Speedway
Being the last one in the game (I think), it makes for a really difficult, yet suprisinlgy fun level. I also take a liking to the music of this stage, cool little whistles. smilie
16. Fracture Hills
I need no explanation.
17. The Autumn Plains Tower
I've already been over this smilie (Check Question 3) But yeah its absolutely breathtaking.
18. The Alcamist Mission
19. Black
Dark Spyro in the original trilogy ^.^ I like to pretend that sometimes smilie
20. Autumn Plains Tower
Refer to Question 3 smilie
#10 Posted: 22:02:22 14/02/2013
For the worst level question, I agree with SuperSpyroFan. I expected Dragon Shores to be sone big bonus level with maybe an impossibly hard challenge, or something like that. Not the worst, but most disappointing. Robotics Farms is the worst, along with Mystic Marsh. I hate the big bugs in RF, that challenge is hard and boring. I just don't like that level at all. As for Mystic Marsh, I just didn't enjoy it. All the levels in Winter Tundra are kinda lonely.
---
oh my god
Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
#11 Posted: 22:57:56 14/02/2013
1. Favourite Speedway
That's kind of hard, since I'm not really a fan of the speedway levels. Anyways, maybe the Ocean Speedway would be the one I like the most... if it wasn't for the bad memories it brings back. As a child, I could NEVER get it right. Now I realize it's actually really easy.

2. Favourite Level
Cloud Temples, no doubt. It's the level I have the most fun playing. Every time I start a new game, I'm always impatient to get to Winter Tundra just so I can play through this level again. The aesthetics, the progression, the orbs... I just love this level. And FREAKING AGENT ZERO.

3. Favourite home world
That would be Autumn Plains. This world is just so beautiful. It would be nice if the castle halls were a bit bigger, but the view from above is amazing.

4. Favourite character
The Professor. He's just a great character. I'm not sure why, but I really like him.

5. Most challenging orb
FREAKING ZEPHYR COWS.
Nothing else to say, your Honor.

6. Best ride in Dragon Shores
To be honest I didn't like any of the attractions... I'd have to say the theater, this level was really disappointing...

7. Best soundtrack
Maybe it's just for all of the nostalgia, but my favourite one in the whole game is the Glimmer soundtrack. I know, I know, it's not that good, but... All of the nostalgia...

8. Easiest boss
Obviously Crash. Piece of cake, even as a kid.

9. Most fun boss
Ripto, Ripto and a hundred times Ripto. Everyone seems to hate him, but that fight is AWESOME. I mean, this fight has its own mechanic, it's totally different from the rest of the game, but it's coherent with the storyline (orbs, Hunter and stuff). Plus, it's not so challenging that you find it impossible, and not so easy that you find it boring. Amazing boss fight for an amazing game.
(The bird part was kind of lacking something, though...)

10. Least favourite boss
Again, Crash. I still like him, but he's the least favourite of the three.

11. Least favourite level
Robotic Farms. All of the hate.

12. Level that took longest
Mystic Marsh. I don't like this level at all, and plus, it took so long to find all of the orbs...

13. Easiest orb
Hunter's Challenge. Yeah.

14. Least favourite character
The "Trouble with the trolley, eh?" bird guy person-like creature.

15. Hardest speedway
The ice one (I don't know the name in English). In the other speedways it's so obvious that you have to beat things in a certain order, but this one...

16. Hardest level
Again, Mystic Marsh. Same reason.

17. Best moment of the whole game
The part where the yeti gets stomped. I laughed for a whole month.
... Ok, maybe not that much, but a lot.

18. Least favourite moment of the whole game
Dragon Shores. That disappointmente when you enter and see... that.

19. Color-changing cheats
I always change him to red or yellow, mostly red.

20. Best hidden secret
The tower in Autumn Plains. When you find it and you get to the top, it's so satisfactory...
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#12 Posted: 00:41:35 15/02/2013
1. Favorite Speedway
That distinction would go to Icy Speedway. I thought the large glacial mass made for a fairly interesting bit of level design compared to the other speedways. Also, it had the best soundtrack and I loved the sunset background. The snowmobiles were also a funny obstacle.
2. Favorite Level
This one is a really tough one for me to choose. However, I'm ultimately going to with Hurricos. And I realize that this level gets a VERY bad reputation because of the Stone Thief Chase challenge. But I really liked the level design and aesthetic of a stormy electricity factory. Plus, it had some of the most relaxing music in Spyro history. Also, I think the Factory Glide challenge was a very interesting bit of platforming. I had a lot of fun sequence breaking in this level with the double-jump glitch.
3. Favorite Home world
While I'm a fan of winter, that doesn't influence my choice being Winter Tundra. I did enjoy the aesthetic and some of the collectables were quite well hidden. Also, there are some pretty nifty glides and jumps you can make. It's a bit cramped, but that's perfectly fine by me.
4. Favorite character
Spyro. He's so cute in this game. :3
Hockey One-on-One. The ice skating control was very slippery, and made maneuvering for me at that young age really tricky. The opponent would always get the 5 goals before I did. It didn't help that my goalie seemed to be brain dead...
Eh... I didn't really like them that much. But I found the Dunk Tank very funny... ^.^
7. Best music soundtrack?
Idol Springs. By and large my favorite. Awesome use of percussion and a very relaxed/ambient kind of feel. Perfect for the first real world of the game. It's mysterious, much like the idols themselves and the puzzles in the level.
8. Easiest boss?
Crush. His was by and large the most pattern-driven and he was the easiest to hit.
Ripto. Definitely. Insomniac's bosses for the Spyro series were pretty lousy, in my opinion. But they knocked this one out of the park. It has a great amount of variety and just the right bit of challenge. You have to combine quick reflexes with careful attention to get items to attack Ripto with before he powers up. And the dogfight was very fun thanks to the smooth flying controls.
10. Least favorite boss?
Gulp. Having to use the various projectiles got VERY ANNOYING.
Aquaria Towers. I've never been fond of water levels, and this certainly didn't help very much. I often found myself getting a bit lost or confused, especially when flooding water back into the level.
Again, Aquaria Towers. Something about swimming in the Spyro games always caused problems for me. The control was fine, but swimming seemed to constantly throw me off for some reason.
13. Easiest orb?
The Lizard Hunt in Glimmer. Yes, it takes a little while, but success is guaranteed when you start it.
"TROUBLE WITH THE TROLLY, EH?" I think that about sums it up.
15. Hardest speedway?
Ocean Speedway. Mostly because of the water hazard and some wonky collision detection.
Again, Aquarius Towers. I ALWAYS seem to miss gems while swimming around and can never seen to find them because I have problems traversing the swimming parts...
The dogfight with Ripto. Not only is it an unexpected and welcome change of pace from all the previous boss fights, but it's actually very fun because the flying controls work very well for this part of the game. It's actually more fun than Insomniac's space combat bosses against Captain Qwark and the Valkyries in the Ratchet & Clank games.
Probably the Dragon Shores level. In comparison to the 100% bonuses from the other 2 Insomniac Spyro games (Gnasty's Loot and the Super Bonus World), this one feels cheap and boring. It was extremely disappointing, especially considering how great the level design and challenges were in Ripto's Rage.
19. If you have used the colour changing cheats, what is your favorite colour to change him to?
Never used them. I'm partial to purple, I suppose. ^.^
The Autumn Plains Tower. Which is also how I discovered the double jump glitch... which opened up a whole new world of crazy sequence breaking and exploration outside of the levels.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#13 Posted: 01:46:57 15/02/2013
1. Favorite Speedway (and why is it your favorite speedway) Metro Speedway, I love the soundtrack and the secret challenge is awesome.

2. Favorite level (and why is it your favorite level) Magma Cone, I like Hunter's Challenge and the music is AWESOME!!

3. Favorite Home world (Autumn Plains, Winter Tundra, Summer Forest) Autumn Plains, Autumn is my favorite season of the Year :3

4. Favorite character ( It can be any character on the game ) Spyro, Elora and the Alchemist I guess smilie!!!

5. What was the most challenging orb to get for you? Probably Capture the Flags (Scorch)

6. Best ride in Dragon Shores? Love Boat, it's funny smilie!!!

7. Best music soundtrack? (It can be from any level or home world) Ohhh Dear, GRAB THE CRYSTAL POPCORN!

8. Easiest boss? Mmm... Crush if you are talking about difficulty.

9. Most fun boss to fight? Ripto, no doubt about that.

10. Least favorite boss? Mmmm.... I have to say Crush because is so boring...

11. Least favorite level? Glimmer, no much to say...

12. Level that took the longest for you? Zephyr, it has a Great Area to explore.

13. Easiest orb? Ohhh Really? Hunter's Tutorial I guess smilie!!! (Summer Forest)

14. Least favorite character? Hunter, sorry but that's true...

15. Hardest speedway? Ocean Speedway, for me this is the hardest Speedway if you want the Skill Point >.<

16. Hardest level to get all orbs and gems? Okay this is hard, maybe Mystic Marsh because you need to glide a lot...

17. Best moment of the WHOLE game? Ohh Wow, Saving Avalar I guess (After defeating ripto) and when you arrive to Summer Forest for me smilie!!

18. Least favorite moment of the WHOLE game? When you need more obs and gems to get access to Dragon Shores <.<

19. If you have used the colour changing cheats, what is your favorite colour to change him to? BLACK!!!

20. What do you think was the best hidden secret on the game? The top tower of Autumn Plains, I love it!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#14 Posted: 08:50:38 15/02/2013
More questions? Uh, alright.

Well, before I could do the Agent Zero thing, it was Cloud Temples. Now I can do it, however...it's still Cloud Temples. It's so dull outside of that one challenge.

To actually get through, regardless of getting everything, it was actually Robotica Farms. That place be droppin' the bass!

13. Easiest orb?

Winter Tundra's headbash rock orb. If you'd done the all abilities cheat beforehand, you don't even need to waste time with Moneybags.

Uh, still not that sure on this either. Although Ripto IS an annoying little drama queen...

15. Hardest speedway?

I'd actually say Metro Speedway. The order for completion was all over the place, unlike the later Canyon Speedway.

Cloud Temples would be it if you couldn't do the Agent Zero challenge, since there are gems tied to it as well. Otherwise, possibly Fracture Hills.

Getting your money back after beating Ripto, before whisking yourself off to Dragon Shores.

Finding out that Elora's pre-boss speak at Gulp's Overlook has a mistake in it. Those weren't Pterodactyls, damnit!

Green's usually my go-to for his alternate colour, although I think the pink looks pretty rad on him as well.

The Autumn Plains orb that required the giant glide. There wasn't just a platform to glide on, there was a whole scenic route to follow, you could have a picnic on that first lower roof!
---
Eh.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#15 Posted: 15:11:39 15/02/2013
Quote: Burning Gnorc
More questions? Uh, alright.

Well, before I could do the Agent Zero thing, it was Cloud Temples. Now I can do it, however...it's still Cloud Temples. It's so dull outside of that one challenge.

To actually get through, regardless of getting everything, it was actually Robotica Farms. That place be droppin' the bass!

13. Easiest orb?

Winter Tundra's headbash rock orb. If you'd done the all abilities cheat beforehand, you don't even need to waste time with Moneybags.

Uh, still not that sure on this either. Although Ripto IS an annoying little drama queen...

15. Hardest speedway?

I'd actually say Metro Speedway. The order for completion was all over the place, unlike the later Canyon Speedway.

Cloud Temples would be it if you couldn't do the Agent Zero challenge, since there are gems tied to it as well. Otherwise, possibly Fracture Hills.

Getting your money back after beating Ripto, before whisking yourself off to Dragon Shores.

--->Finding out that Elora's pre-boss speak at Gulp's Overlook has a mistake in it. Those weren't Pterodactyls, damnit!<---

Green's usually my go-to for his alternate colour, although I think the pink looks pretty rad on him as well.

The Autumn Plains orb that required the giant glide. There wasn't just a platform to glide on, there was a whole scenic route to follow, you could have a picnic on that first lower roof!

Ahahahah smilie!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#16 Posted: 19:00:20 15/02/2013

Mystic Marsh and Robotica Farms (reason in another post in this topic..somewhere)

All speedways

13. Easiest orb?

End of Glimmer and all homeworld ones

Bagpipe-playing fauns D:

15. Hardest speedway?

The one in Winter Tundra

Robotica Farms is definately one...there's loads more, can't remember, I'll be able to play the game this week though so I'll find out smilie

When I defeated Ripto and got to Dragon Shores all by myself, without help from my dad.

Defeating. ****ing. Crush. Aged. Five.
He scared the CRAP out of me!!! D:

Haven't used them

[b]20. What do you think was the best hidden secret on the game?[/b]

That place in Autumn Plains where you smash through and go up the whirlwind to the roof.

General: I absaloutley freakin' ADORE this game. Elora is just the BEST (sorry Bianca!), and if there was an Elora avatar around I'd keep that forever. No words can describe how much I love this game. A lot of it's to do with childhood memories, getting up early and bugging my dad to put it on to play smilie Man I miss those days so much. Damn you nostalgia!!!! D: I used to get so nervous and shaky when I did the boss battles, I'll never forget that. Dad always had to do it smilie I couldn't believe it when I defeated Ripto all by myself. Heck, I didn't believe I'd made it to Winter Tundra by myself!!!!! I also remember not liking the Autumn Plains music, because I thought it was just one, looooooooooooooong note, until I found it on YouTube. Best. Game. Ever.
---
oh my god
#17 Posted: 20:38:49 15/02/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

Mystic Marsh and Robotica Farms (reason in another post in this topic..somewhere)

All speedways

13. Easiest orb?

End of Glimmer and all homeworld ones

Bagpipe-playing fauns D:

15. Hardest speedway?

The one in Winter Tundra

Robotica Farms is definately one...there's loads more, can't remember, I'll be able to play the game this week though so I'll find out smilie

When I defeated Ripto and got to Dragon Shores all by myself, without help from my dad.

Defeating. ****ing. Crush. Aged. Five.
He scared the CRAP out of me!!! D:

Haven't used them

[b]20. What do you think was the best hidden secret on the game?[/b]

That place in Autumn Plains where you smash through and go up the whirlwind to the roof.

General: I absaloutley freakin' ADORE this game. Elora is just the BEST (sorry Bianca!), and if there was an Elora avatar around I'd keep that forever. No words can describe how much I love this game. A lot of it's to do with childhood memories, getting up early and bugging my dad to put it on to play smilie Man I miss those days so much. Damn you nostalgia!!!! D: I used to get so nervous and shaky when I did the boss battles, I'll never forget that. Dad always had to do it smilie I couldn't believe it when I defeated Ripto all by myself. Heck, I didn't believe I'd made it to Winter Tundra by myself!!!!! I also remember not liking the Autumn Plains music, because I thought it was just one, looooooooooooooong note, until I found it on YouTube. Best. Game. Ever.

Yaaay, this is mine, yours and Glimmer's favorite games ever smilie
Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
#18 Posted: 21:33:59 15/02/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar
General: I absaloutley freakin' ADORE this game. Elora is just the BEST (sorry Bianca!), and if there was an Elora avatar around I'd keep that forever.

Well, you can always look for an Elora image and make it yourself. Something like this:
[User Posted Image]

Oh, I also forgot my general opinion. This is, no doubt, the best Spyro game ever made, and probably the best game I've ever tried. Maybe the fact that it was my first game could influence me... But no matter how many times I play it, I still enjoy every second of it. The graphics are really good for a PSX game, the mechanics (platforming, collecting, power-ups, etc) are very well-thought, and... Well... The game, in general, is just awesome. Maybe it's not better than PS3, Xbox whateverthenumberis or WiiU when it comes to graphics and bugs... But I think that's what gives old games their charm. This game is not really that old, and it's so solid that until I discovered DarkSpyro I didn't know about any game glitches.

Nothing would make me happier than playing another Spyro game like the old ones, especially with the Spyro 2 mechanics, but I know it's not going to happen...
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#19 Posted: 13:53:13 16/02/2013
Well… this is my kind of topic! smilie

My favourite speedway of this game is Icy Speedway. It has everything, you know. The collectibles are varying (e.g. the Eskimo kites + snowmobiles) and I think that in this speedway you must plan the order of getting the collectibles way more carefully to get the skill point. I also think that this speedway is particularly nice because it is the first speedway one must buy to get.

It must be Metropolis or the Fracture Hills. Bui due to the challenge point of view I must say Fracture Hills. Fracture Hills has one of the toughest and most frustrating challenges in this game. Only challenge that rises above this level’s tasks is the Magma Cone challenge where one must face Hunter. I also enjoyed when I realised the skill point of this level.

Autumn Plains is my favourite Home World. As levels of its own, it has nice music and nice level build-up. It also contains most of the game’s actual levels.

4. Favorite character (It can be any character on the game)
Somehow I’ve always liked the Moneybags. Here is a guy who actually tries to run business of his own while all of the Avalar is struggling with problems Ripto has created. His character truly tells a story of not backing down and the show must go on. Until all the money he has legally gained from Spyro is taken so rudely away from him.

The second orb in Hunter’s crystal challenge in Magma Cone was a huge royal pain in my backside. I really hated it. I did not like it at all. Let’s move on.

The roller coaster was my favourite. You could actually do something in this challenge and it gave the player a feeling of achievement when all three phases of the ride were completed. The sharp-shooting was nice as well but didn’t include that much of gameplay aspects than the roller coaster.

I have always found this game quite dull in terms of soundtrack. But if there is any music playing in my head from this game, it’s got to be Canyon Speedway’s theme. So that is my answer.

8. Easiest boss?
Crush was the easiest boss. Do I even need to tell why? Well, you basically hit him and run away from him. The things he tries to do to you are easily and traditionally easy to avoid.

Ripto battle is the most fun to fight when you are going for the skill point at the same time. You had to avoid so many things in this battle because Ripto’s attacks where so diverse. The last bit where he flies with the pterodactyl is pure torture for me because I’ve never learned to operate Spyro so well in flying mode.

10. Least favorite boss?
This award goes to Crush as well. It is too easy and boring. That’s that.

All in all I think that GtG is amazing Spyro game. It has its good sides and bad sides but more good sides. It was nice gameplay-wise development from Spyro the Dragon and it fills its function as the 2nd game of the original trilogy very well. I might answer to the other set of questions later this day or this weekend but now I must take a break.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#20 Posted: 01:57:26 18/02/2013

Probably Canyon Speedway for it's western themed design and music. Personally, it had the best orb challenge too.

I absolutely loved Metropolis. It's not just my favorite level in this game - the whole trilogy. I just love the futuristic level design and the awesome music that accompanies it. It's also the only level that has a double power-up gate which makes for a really good orb challenge.

Maybe it's the wintry design or the frosty music but I just love entering Winter Tundra every time I beat Gulp.

Usually the protagonists are my favourite characters. I grow fond of them as I make my way through the story. No exception here with Spyro.

Probably the Alchemist challenge. I always found it a pain that he would just go in the most awkward route possible. The challenge following that was a pain too. Give me a chance to head-bash these earth-shapers will you, Hunter?

The roller coaster ride where you have to shoot the balloons. That was kinda fun.

Metropolis. I'm not one for describing music very well but I just thought that it had a really catchy, futuristic sound to it, fitting perfectly with the level.

8. Easiest boss?

Crush for sure. There wasn't really much to it. Jump over the rings, dodge the fire balls and run away from him. It was really to catch on.

Ripto's battle was huge, epic and challenging. I just really liked how there were three stages to the battle.

10. Least favorite boss?

Crush for being the easiest and the quickest to defeat. Naturally, Gulp and Ripto were more challenging.

I will edit with the other 10 questions and any other thoughts to the previous ten.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:31 18/02/2013 by InsomDog
#21 Posted: 02:18:42 18/02/2013
@Project_Unnamed: I thought I was the only one who appreciated Icy Speedway! I thought I was alone... <.>
---
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#22 Posted: 19:01:01 23/02/2013
First of all, let me apologise for my lazy answering speed to the second set, or the wave, of questions. But I’ve had busy times recently so I haven’t had time to say anything semi-analytic.

My least favourite level is Zephyr. I just do not know why. Perhaps it is because I always feel uncomfortable to finish that level. It is not hard level at all but I think that it takes too long to finish in relation to the toughness of the stage. So basically you just play some simple level with too boring and long tasks.

The Fracture Hills took the most time for me to finish. First of all finding the skill point was unbelievably frustrating. And that’s not near all there is to that level. The alchemist mission and destroying the earthshapers with Hunter were quite tough ones and took time to finish.

13. Easiest orb?
There is not actually one single orb which is the easiest. I find every orb that is just lying around the world with no special task the easiest. So yeah… let’s head on-

Well… it is time to speak my mind on this subject. I hate Great and Handel. They somehow give me the ultimate reaction of “who cares?” I just don’t see anything in them; off-context characters, the other one is a total idiot and the other one is arrogant overly self-confident piece of boredom.

15. Hardest speedway?
The hardest speedway is the best speedway. So Icy Speedway, you are the champion once more! Love the collectibles and Hunter challenge; toughest and the best.

Look at question #12. Magma Cone with Hunter challenge is more than a good runner-up but it is not overall the toughest. Fracture Hills takes the cake on this category too.

The best moment of the game is the moment when you’ve achieved everything there is to achieve in this game. Probably the best moment is when your whole playing process comes to an end when you read epilogue and Basil the explorer’s Faunus Mortas. The best feeling comes right after that and then you just take few deep breaths and enjoy the Spyro rush.

It’s the moment when you enter Zephyr. Just look at question #11 and you know why. When you realize that you’re about to go to your least favourite level, your playing drive dies.

I’ve used colour changing cheats back at the days. I did not prefer any one of those. So yeah… I’ve got nothing more to say.

Best hidden secret is the dash jump glitch (or the double jump glitch). It allows one to really explore the game. It also helps to shorten the gameplay time.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#23 Posted: 19:35:14 23/02/2013
Quote: HIR
@Project_Unnamed: I thought I was the only one who appreciated Icy Speedway! I thought I was alone... <.>

But Icy Speedway is my fave too! :<
---
Eh.
Resonance_Gamer Green Sparx Gems: 292
#24 Posted: 20:52:05 23/02/2013
1. Canyon Speedway. Ever since Half-Life I've been obsessed with mesas...
2. Shady Oasis. The only time the Nyah-Nyah thieves are in the game.
3. Winter Tundra
4. Moneybags
5. Turtle Soup II
6. Showman Nick's water-booth
7. Cannot remember in the slightest.
8. Gulp (with Superflame power-up)
9. Ripto
10. Crush
---
ABANDONED ACCOUNT
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#25 Posted: 07:38:27 27/02/2013
1. Metro Speedway because it was always fun, and i love the music.
2. Obviously Glimmer. I loved the music and the colors. It was magical.
3. Winter Tundra because it was designed perfectly, was large and had calm music.
4. Elora because she was awesome. Sad she was never shown in any other spyro after 3.
5. Most hardest orb was the hockey arena.
6. Love boats smilie
7. Glimmer
8. Crush
9. Ripto by far
10. Crush

The game is terrific. I would do anything to make activision hire insomniac for a remake. But that never will happen due to certain reasons. smilie
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:39:26 27/02/2013 by spyrobeta
#26 Posted: 15:39:21 27/02/2013
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Quote: HIR

But Icy Speedway is my fave too! :<

Okay, join the club! ^.^b
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me