Page 1 of 1
Is it worth it? [CLOSED]
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#1 Posted: 19:09:41 08/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I started playing the Skylanders series this past Black Friday when my girlfriend and I purchased the game at a discounted price. We have since fell in love with the game, spending our time off from work/school spending countless hours leveling up and looting for treasure. With that being said we have recently beaten Skylanders: Giants and have been wondering if it's worth it to buy the first game. We don't own a Spyro or Gill Grunt figure and we're just wondering do you guys think it'd be worth it to buy?
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 20:04:28 08/02/2013
The first game is great but some of the figures (Wham Shell especially) can be extremely hard to find.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 01:28:51 09/02/2013
Sure, lots of playability... Just remember you won't be able to play any new characters on the old game (the Giants, and the one new character in each element, like the Fright Rider I see in your sig).

Also remember that as the first game, it's simpler. They expanded things when they made Giants. For example, only in Giants do you have the Luck-O-Tron and its wheels, or the character Quests, or a Winged Sapphire on every level (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure only has 10, scattered around the hub world, The Ruins, at scattered times, while 16 of the ones in Giants are in one chapter each. So upgrades are cheaper once you find them all in Giants). Only Giants has Arenas too, and only reposes (Series 2) - and only in Giants - have the extra WowPow upgrade or the ability to switch paths without being reset. Giants also has way more hats... If your character wears a new hat, in SSA they won't have a hat unless you change it for another. And characters in SSA have a level limit of 10. Anyone above 10 will show as 10, with their Level 10 health.

On the plus side, if you take ownership of a S1 in Giants, you don't get their Heroic Challenge, but adding a S2 to SSA does indeed add the Heroic Challenge (it doesn't know the difference). And most people prefer the feel of The Ruins over Flynn's Ship. While there's no Vault, there's a similar Elemental totem pole that appears on occassion. There's also more levels, 22 regular ones as I recall (the 4 Adventure Pack levels push that to 26, but you can play them in Giants as well).

It would also give you more opportunity to level up your characters without having to resort to grinding.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me