Page 1 of 1
Is Japanese version cancelled? [CLOSED]
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#1 Posted: 19:56:07 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I know Square was supposed to publish it but what happened?
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#2 Posted: 19:08:14 06/02/2013
It seems to be infinitely delayed according to Wikipedia. I think I read some where that Square Enix are in financial trouble. It's a pity as I was kinda hoping the Japanese launch would tie in with my trip to Toyko this month
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#3 Posted: 20:04:12 06/02/2013
maybe it just a vaporware
---
THE END IS NEAR
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#4 Posted: 19:35:07 09/02/2013
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
It seems to be infinitely delayed according to Wikipedia. I think I read some where that Square Enix are in financial trouble. It's a pity as I was kinda hoping the Japanese launch would tie in with my trip to Toyko this month

Maybe if they stopped trying to force everyone to like Lightning they wouldn't be in so much trouble.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#5 Posted: 03:46:17 10/02/2013

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- Darth Vader
Now we might not ever get another kingdom hearts game smilie
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:48:36 10/02/2013 by yokey25
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 05:43:22 11/02/2013
Darn. They should release the game in china (as it'd be more or less un-piratable). Currently on the chinses markets Skylanders can cost over $100 US, plus they have all these weird exact copies of characters for only a few cents, except they don't do anything in game, just look identical.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#7 Posted: 16:55:51 11/02/2013
I think it'd be interesting... and don't kill me for saying this... to see some country-exclu- *shot*
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#8 Posted: 01:50:57 20/02/2013
I am in Japan right now and I can confirm there is no sign of Skylanders anywhere, not even a single figure in Akihabara.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#9 Posted: 17:31:13 24/02/2013
I am in Japan right now and I can confirm there is no sign of Skylanders anywhere, not even a single figure in Akihabara.

that is serious bad, we know they love the pokemon over there. so skylanders have big chance to be a big hit over there.
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#10 Posted: 18:58:09 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I hope it will be released in Japan one day. I like playing same game in both languages and compare it and see which one is better. From my experiance, games were always best on original language. Dubs were almost always bad. Good example is every JRPG dubbed in English and Jak and Daxter on Japanese (Daxter had very bad voice and it was unfitting. He should have had japanese Prinny-like voice)

However some American games sound good in Japanese like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, Pandemonium (known as Magical Jumpers), and Gex known as Spin Tail - All these games were better on English (exept for Crash Bandicoot and Pandemonium-they changed story in Japanese version), but they actually sound good on Japanese as well

And some Japanese games do actually sound good on English (Metal Gear Solid 4 and No More Heroes)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me