darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly > The Official "I Found A Glitch" Topic
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Official "I Found A Glitch" Topic
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#1 Posted: 19:22:21 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So, instead of making topics about what glitches you found, post them here. I've found two so far:

Banzai Speedway:
-3rd Place Glitch
-Supercharging without pressing down the square button. I found this by running on the speed track and accidentally let go of the square button. Spyro just kept running.

Post any glitches you find, and if possible, how you found them/how to activate them smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:37 07/12/2014 by Jaggedstar
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#2 Posted: 20:11:57 01/02/2013
What is first glitch about? I never heard about it. I guess this is about getting 3rd place in race, but I'm not sure
---
Any Osu fan here?
Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
#3 Posted: 20:32:41 01/02/2013
For some reason I was playing through Luau Island and, when I exited the drums challenge, every idol in the level was suddenly invisible. You could still see its shadow and its fire effect, but invisible.
And that's just a small example.
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
#4 Posted: 21:39:20 01/02/2013
Do I have to recall well known swimming in the air glitch?
---
Any Osu fan here?
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#5 Posted: 23:09:31 01/02/2013
  • I found another way to do the 'Swimming in Air' glitch. If you charge against the bottom of one of the nets in the Luau Island are of the homeworld. In the bottom right corner of one of the nets there as a triangular space that you charge through ans then swim EVERYWHERE
  • When I was playing 'Volcano Island' (or whatever it's called) half of the stage glitched up so I couldn't see any of the floor, I had to memorize exactly where to go to get out of there.
  • Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
    #6 Posted: 00:01:54 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Wojowu
    What is first glitch about? I never heard about it. I guess this is about getting 3rd place in race, but I'm not sure

Racing against the ninjas in Banzai Speedway, if you pass a ninja when you're supposed to be 2nd, you'll just stay in 3rd place. Just a tad annoying -.-
    ---
    oh my god
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
    #7 Posted: 01:06:14 02/02/2013
    If I remember correctly, you can use the swimming in air glitch to access the Ripto boss fights without having met the requirements to open the portal... <.<;
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #8 Posted: 10:36:31 02/02/2013
    Quote: HIR
    If I remember correctly, you can use the swimming in air glitch to access the Ripto boss fights without having met the requirements to open the portal... <.<;

Confirmed. I did that once, but later I couldn't find where I should swim to reach portal smilie

Quote: TorchSheep

• When I was playing 'Volcano Island' (or whatever it's called) half of the stage glitched up so I couldn't see any of the floor, I had to memorize exactly where to go to get out of there.

• I had that once in main level. You remember that passage which had ice padlock gate? Whole passage dissappeared for like 10 minutes. Later it reappeared from nowhere
    ---
    Any Osu fan here?
    #9 Posted: 11:42:06 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
    off topic: Guys can you help? I can't find the ice relic thingy :L where is it?

On topic: When I'm charging past gates, a little near the corner of the gate is where Spyro reckons is an invisible wall, and keeps smashing into thin air.
    ---
    oh my god
    #10 Posted: 11:45:07 02/02/2013
    ^ At the beginning of Cloud 9. Just search a little, it isn't well hidden
    ---
    Any Osu fan here?
    Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
    #11 Posted: 10:09:41 03/02/2013
    Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
    Sometimes when I try to get to Cloud 9, the loading screen freezes, but the animation keeps going.

That also happens to me. I think it's not a glitch, it's just that my game is kind of derpy.
    ---
    "You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
    #12 Posted: 16:34:52 03/02/2013
    Spyro sometimes clips through the edge of a platform when it look like I shouldn't be able to make the jump and he gets stuck in the falling animation, but he can still be moved around for a few seconds, but then the game had me die anyway. <.<;
    ---
    Gohan Green Sparx Gems: 270
    #13 Posted: 07:33:35 09/02/2013
    Enemies freeze all the time for me.. They still move, but stay in one frozen position. They don't attack, either.
    SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
    #14 Posted: 11:55:40 09/02/2013
    I've faced many glitches in this game, I haven't played it in a very long time to remember each one that I came across.
    ---
    Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
    Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
    #15 Posted: 16:10:23 09/02/2013

Yes, you can.

You can also do that in Spyro 2 though, and more minor cases in Spyro 3. It's not limited to ETD's buggy coding.
    ---
    Eh.
    #16 Posted: 16:37:48 09/02/2013
    Ah, but I never really bothered to try it in those games...
    ---
    #17 Posted: 19:01:47 09/02/2013
    Ah, but I never really bothered to try it in those games...

You can do it in all worlds expect for Autumn Plains in GtG and Midnight Mountain in YotD
    ---
    Any Osu fan here?
    SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
    #18 Posted: 21:32:01 09/02/2013
    Quote: SuperSpyroFan
    I've faced many glitches in this game, I haven't played it in a very long time to remember each one that I came across.

Same here >.<
    ---
    O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
    #19 Posted: 18:40:38 27/05/2013
    Wanna make the game super glitchy?

Step 1: Remove game disc.

Step 2: Place a different disk into the PS2 then close disc tray. (whether it's a DVD or a different game, it doesn't matter)

Step 3: Play around the level.

Step 4: Enjoy!

Step 5: After you've glitched up the level enough, put the ETD game back in then watch the entire level around you return to normal.

All I know is that it works on the PS2 version. I don't own the Gamecube version so I'm not sure if it works on that or not. I noticed different discs cause different glitches and effects in the level whether they are graphical or sound based.

One time when I did it, I got stuck at the top of some water in Cloud 9 then when I put the disc back in, I found myself swimming in the air.
    #20 Posted: 18:51:08 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
    Quote: alicecarp

Step 2: Place a different disk into the PS2 then close disc tray. (whether it's a DVD or a different game, it doesn't matter)

Step 5: After you've glitched up the level enough, put the ETD game back in then watch the entire level around you return to normal.

All I know is that it works on the PS2 version. I don't own the Gamecube version so I'm not sure if it works on that or not. I noticed different discs cause different glitches and effects in the level whether they are graphical or sound based.

One time when I did it, I got stuck at the top of some water in Cloud 9 then when I put the disc back in, I found myself swimming in the air.

Cool! Ima try that smilie
    ---
    oh my god
    SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
    #21 Posted: 19:14:00 03/06/2013
    Quote: alicecarp

o_0 What? REALLY!? I have to try it!!
    ---
    O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
    #22 Posted: 14:43:39 06/06/2013 | Topic Creator
    This glitch has happened once in YOTD, and often in this game:

sometimes, the characters talk without moving or anything. Just a still image. Then they repeat themselves when they're done and you're in another level.
    ---
    oh my god
    theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
    #23 Posted: 17:03:04 16/07/2013
    i might have had that glitch before
    ---
    On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
    Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
    Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
    Juniper Green Sparx Gems: 109
    #24 Posted: 21:36:41 24/10/2013

• In Monkey Monastery one of the Club Riptocs is stuck in a wall near Nigel. You can't defeat with it and it won't interact with you; all it does is walk. The wall isn't a wall, you can glide right through it and fall.
    • In the same place I went to catch Damsel. I fell right when the bubbles hit her.. When Spyro came back to life the screen was stuck and wouldn't move and the start button wouldn't work so I couldn't exit the level. I had to restart and re-do the level.
    • I was doing the slide and Spyro missed a spot. Instead of falling and starting over he fell into a black spot and just stayed there until time ran out.

Not a proper glitch but: When you find Caleb the dialogue says "Gosh, thank you, Spyro." but his voice clearly says "Egads" not "Gosh".

In Honey Marsh I've encountered a few glitches.

• The rocks Spyro swallows to defeat the bees doesn't work part of the time. You sometimes go through the rocks and I noticed at one point a rock was floating until Spyro went and swallowed another.
    • Spyro fell into the honey once but Sparx wasn't affected. He said "Ouch" and everything but the dragonfly was still yellow.
    • Spyro floated once when I got "stuck" near a tree. I was able to get him down by headbutting.

I've encountered the "Spyro freezes and slides instead of moving, after you come back from another area" glitch far too many times.
    Edited 6 times - Last edited at 18:02:00 26/10/2013 by Juniper
    theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
    #25 Posted: 19:50:55 25/10/2013
    oh yeah the dialogue with the yetis is so off.
    ---
    On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
    Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
    Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
    #26 Posted: 01:44:53 17/12/2013 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Juniper

• In Monkey Monastery one of the Club Riptocs is stuck in a wall near Nigel. You can't defeat with it and it won't interact with you; all it does is walk. The wall isn't a wall, you can glide right through it and fall.
    • In the same place I went to catch Damsel. I fell right when the bubbles hit her.. When Spyro came back to life the screen was stuck and wouldn't move and the start button wouldn't work so I couldn't exit the level. I had to restart and re-do the level.
    • I was doing the slide and Spyro missed a spot. Instead of falling and starting over he fell into a black spot and just stayed there until time ran out.

Not a proper glitch but: When you find Caleb the dialogue says "Gosh, thank you, Spyro." but his voice clearly says "Egads" not "Gosh".

In Honey Marsh I've encountered a few glitches.

• The rocks Spyro swallows to defeat the bees doesn't work part of the time. You sometimes go through the rocks and I noticed at one point a rock was floating until Spyro went and swallowed another.
    • Spyro fell into the honey once but Sparx wasn't affected. He said "Ouch" and everything but the dragonfly was still yellow.
    • Spyro floated once when I got "stuck" near a tree. I was able to get him down by headbutting.

I've encountered the "Spyro freezes and slides instead of moving, after you come back from another area" glitch far too many times.

Woah that's a lot. About Caleb's dialogue, it happens in Spyro 2 aswell with one of the Colossus Brothers.
    ---
    oh my god
    DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
    #27 Posted: 00:23:26 15/01/2014
    Me and my sister found a glitch in the Hawaii looking place a LONG time ago. When we go into the tunnel that has the pink shell around it and run through half the time it glitches weird!!! You can swim a little ways and then go into the next tunnel. Most of the time it fixes itself but when I was taking pictures it didn't! And the pig started rolling around on the ground and it looked like the pictures with a pelican. Sadly it was too fast for my to take pics...
    [User Posted Image]
    #28 Posted: 12:58:39 15/01/2014 | Topic Creator
    Nice glitch, DD smilie
    ---
    oh my god
    Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
    #29 Posted: 16:47:47 15/01/2014
    I love this game, but I love hearing about the glitches in it too.
    DragonDog: Could you tell me what platform this was on? PS2/GameCube?
    Just curious...
    ---
    >N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
    I'll Start Trying In September
    DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
    #30 Posted: 15:35:10 17/01/2014
    Quote: Darchangel
    I love this game, but I love hearing about the glitches in it too.
    DragonDog: Could you tell me what platform this was on? PS2/GameCube?
    Just curious...

Playstation 2 it may look like I removed the disc but I didn't...... Very strange.....
    Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
    #31 Posted: 02:10:19 23/01/2014
    I just had a glitch on the PS2 version (the Platinum Edition) after deciding to give this game another shot. The game kept pausing every few steps I took. smilie Once it paused and I could still move around in the level while the pause menu was up. smilie Needless to say, I was pretty upset because I really wanted to play this game- at least I have my GameCube copy, I guess.
    #32 Posted: 14:14:49 23/01/2014
    @Arc of Archives: You might wanna try using another controller.
    I had a problem similar to this with another game once, and it had more to do wit the controller then the game itself but it'd only happen while playing that game.
    ---
    #33 Posted: 13:32:45 26/01/2014 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Arc of Archives
    I just had a glitch on the PS2 version (the Platinum Edition) after deciding to give this game another shot. The game kept pausing every few steps I took. smilie Once it paused and I could still move around in the level while the pause menu was up. smilie Needless to say, I was pretty upset because I really wanted to play this game- at least I have my GameCube copy, I guess.

Game pausing at every few steps? That's happening on my copy, too. It's annoying! Check your disc for scratches, dents or little marks
    ---
    oh my god
    #34 Posted: 14:39:03 14/04/2014
    Quote: Spyrobaro
    I was playing EtD earlier todaty and I was in Dragonfly Dojo. I released one of the Dragon Masters and skipped his dialogue. Then, when I went to get a dragonfly, his dialogue played instead of Spyro saying the name of the dragonfly. And when I freed the next Dragon Master, Spyro's dialogue played there. It continued until I left the level.

Very weird, but it was hilarious to talk to the baby dragons and hear an old dragon telling me about my "density."

That is truly hilarious. I wish you had recorded it...
    ---
    Slvr99 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
    #35 Posted: 15:55:22 14/04/2014
    Here's a new one! If you finish the Honey Marsh Honey Slide and face away from the Croc you talk to at the end, when you press Triangle/Y, Spyro will become a demon and actually turn his head a whole 180 degrees! He'll even walk with it. If you do it when you haven't beat the Minigame, you'll return to normal when the Croc starts talking. But if you already beat it like in the video, you'll stay like that until you answer if you wanna try again. Funny how lazy the Modelers/Animators were to not do what Insomniac did and put Contraints on Spyro's Joints...
    Here's a video on this glitch:
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:35 14/04/2014 by Slvr99
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
    #36 Posted: 09:13:29 15/04/2014
    ^I sometimes do that glitch by accident. smilie
    Also, I noticed that when Spyro slides, he pulls an angry looking face. If you turn the camera around to face him when you reach the bottom, that face sometimes gets stuck like that for a few seconds.
    ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
    #37 Posted: 18:41:53 15/04/2014
    Quote: Jaggedstar
    So, instead of making topics about what glitches you found, post them here. I;ve found two so far:

Banzai Speedway:
    -3rd Place Glitch
    -Supercharging without pressing down the square button. I found this by running on the speed track and accidently let go of the square button. Spyro just kept running.

So yah, post any glitches you find, and if possible, how you found them/how to activate them smilie

About the 3rd place thing; are you using the green booster star things? If you fly through all of those you'll undoubtedly be in 1st place. Took me a while to figure out.

So far the only glitches I've run into in this game are the swimming in the air glitch and the land disappearing in Jurassic Jungle. I haven't played this game in ages though so maybe I'm forgetting something. smilie
    ---
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    #38 Posted: 08:05:29 09/06/2014 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Slvr99
    Here's a new one! If you finish the Honey Marsh Honey Slide and face away from the Croc you talk to at the end, when you press Triangle/Y, Spyro will become a demon and actually turn his head a whole 180 degrees! He'll even walk with it. If you do it when you haven't beat the Minigame, you'll return to normal when the Croc starts talking. But if you already beat it like in the video, you'll stay like that until you answer if you wanna try again. Funny how lazy the Modelers/Animators were to not do what Insomniac did and put Contraints on Spyro's Joints...
    Here's a video on this glitch:

W H A T IS THAT.

Quote: ThunderBolt3811
    So, instead of making topics about what glitches you found, post them here. I;ve found two so far:

Banzai Speedway:
    -3rd Place Glitch
    -Supercharging without pressing down the square button. I found this by running on the speed track and accidently let go of the square button. Spyro just kept running.

So yah, post any glitches you find, and if possible, how you found them/how to activate them smilie

About the 3rd place thing; are you using the green booster star things? If you fly through all of those you'll undoubtedly be in 1st place. Took me a while to figure out.

So far the only glitches I've run into in this game are the swimming in the air glitch and the land disappearing in Jurassic Jungle. I haven't played this game in ages though so maybe I'm forgetting something. smilie

Don't think I'm using all of them
    ---
    oh my god
    skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
    #39 Posted: 01:51:31 08/09/2014
    Flying infinite?
    ---
    Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
    #40 Posted: 19:31:08 07/12/2014 | Topic Creator
    Quote: skylandersspyro
    Flying infinite?

What's that?
    ---
    oh my god
    #41 Posted: 18:43:09 08/12/2014
    Flying infinite?

What's that?

Infinite gliding. Meaning you can fly anywhere basically. It's not a glitch, but a developer cheat the developers/testers used to quickly get to certain areas of the game. It's enabled by default in the demo of the game(R3 + L2 + Right on D-pad I think) and it can be enabled on the final game through hacking either by memory editing or editing the controls .cfg file in the game files.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:43 08/12/2014 by Slvr99
    #42 Posted: 21:16:07 08/12/2014 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Slvr99
    Flying infinite?

What's that?

Infinite gliding. Meaning you can fly anywhere basically. It's not a glitch, but a developer cheat the developers/testers used to quickly get to certain areas of the game. It's enabled by default in the demo of the game(R3 + L2 + Right on D-pad I think) and it can be enabled on the final game through hacking either by memory editing or editing the controls .cfg file in the game files.

Sounds fun!
    ---
    oh my god
    #43 Posted: 04:50:59 09/12/2014
    Sounds fun!

It can be, but EtD isn't a very explorable game. There's nothing special out of bounds and everything isn't even solid out there.
    RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
    #44 Posted: 00:21:04 19/06/2015
    My disk in particular (I think??) has TONS and TONS of sound glitches. Doing something as simple as going to the pause screen and then going back to the game can sometimes cause the music to play really slow and low pitched. I've had sound effects get stuck too, that stupid whirlwind sound gets stuck ALL THE TIME and gives me headaches. Sometimes sound effects get stuck and start playing REALLY loud in a distorted way and when it happens sometimes I'm scared my PS2 is going to blow up or something.

And, besides the music being low pitched sometimes, sometimes the character's voices play really fast and high pitched, and that "Level Complete!" sound that plays when you get everything in a level sometimes plays low pitched and slow. It's seriously crazy how many sound glitches I have in mine. I wonder if anyone else has any similar glitches...
    shadowstarcat Gold Sparx Gems: 2177
    #45 Posted: 08:27:22 19/06/2015
    One of my save files are in slow motion...
    ---
    Im a crazy feral vigilante dragon lady
    #46 Posted: 20:31:49 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
    Quote: shadowstarcat
    One of my save files are in slow motion...

That's happened to one of mine too
    ---
    oh my god
    Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
    #47 Posted: 22:05:07 24/08/2015
    RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT I found a glitch within a glitch when I was like 10 and nobody else seems to talk about it. So, you know when you swim in air in the Dragon Realms? Well most people tend to look around the level and stuff and find Hunter in the air and that. But because I've always done the glitch by swimming under the fence rather than doing the headbash, I just swam out of the level completely. Now, as you swim, it's normal at first, then the background colors all turn kind of beige ish (I think, I did film it a few times actually smilie) and then they kind of become 'solid' (bad word choice but I can't think how else to put it) and you go under it. Then you're just in this black area and you're trapped there, and in the top left corner of the screen is this smaller untextured Spyro reflecting what you're doing, so swimming and stuff. It was cool.

The same kind of thing happened in Monkey Monastery, I found this when I was like 8 and it's kind of made me scared of the level since then. So in the slide bit where you go through all those flags, at one point (can't remember exactly which) I fell off, but instead of falling to my death the same thing happened and I was eternally falling, and the little untextured Spyro appeared and was falling and it was really weird.
    ---
    The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
    Page 1 of 2 | Last
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me