Page 1 of 1
Buy All Upgrades Achievement [CLOSED]
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#1 Posted: 15:46:42 29/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Howdy All!!!

My first post and I apologize if this topic has been addressed.

I have Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures and all 32 of my characters have been fully upgraded. Even my limited edition ones.

However, I can not get the XBox 360 achievement "Buy All Upgrades for any Skylander" to unlock.

I play on my primary profile... THE INTIMIDAT3R. I've even deleted all other profiles off my 360.

Any ideas or this another glitch like Lightning Rod's heroic challenge? THANKS!!!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#2 Posted: 16:56:31 29/01/2013
hmmmmm, are you sure you got the soul gem?
#3 Posted: 17:01:15 29/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I've got all soul gems, hats, story scrolls, etc.

I've even reset a few characters to try, relevel and upgrade them and get it to "pop", but to no evail.

I'm the only one who uses the XBox and the grandkids have their own.

I'm stumped.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 22:19:11 29/01/2013
Well I got this Achievement (I'm of course also on an XBox 360)... IDK, it was no trouble for me.... So when you try to go to Persephone, it says "This Skylander has bought all available upgrades", or something to that effect? You not only found the Soul Gems, but bought the Soul Gem powers from Persephone? You ARE aware that finding the Soul Gem isn't enough, that finding the Soul Gem just makes the upgrade available to buy, right? You still don't have the upgrade until you buy it.

That's all I can think of...
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#5 Posted: 02:25:50 30/01/2013
I had the same problem with that trophy not popping on PS3 when buying a final upgrade - and this is how I resolved it.

Start by preparing a figure with one non-Soul Gem upgrade left to buy and enough money to buy the last upgrade (apparently it matters that the last power you buy is not a Soul Gem one).

If you have Series 1 characters you may have to reset - I used a Series 2 Gill Grunt and switched to the path I hadn't taken, then bought 2 of the 3 powers on that path.

Now start a new game - once the game starts, register that figure and only that figure to the game.

Play though continuously until you unlock Persephone without ever removing that figure from the portal, or doing anything other than advance the plot.

Now buy the last power - the trophy popped for me at this point.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid I don't know what else to do - good luck!

Edits for clarity:
Obviously don't bother with any elemental gates, etc.

I'm not sure if you need to use one of the three starter pack skylanders or not - I happened to use Series 2 Gill Grunt, so a starter character but not figure.
I would use a starter if possible to be on the safe side (unless you can easily do what I did via a Series 2 path switch).

In light of this I'm also not sure if the non-Soul Gem restriction is a technical or a practical one - I believe the only Soul Gem you can unlock and buy before Chapter 4 *without* changing figures over is Sonic Boom's.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:21 30/01/2013 by skelekon
#6 Posted: 15:21:32 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I'll try that. THANKS!!!
---
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#7 Posted: 19:28:47 30/01/2013
I play on xbox, too, and ive never seen this happen.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#8 Posted: 23:21:22 04/02/2013
Remembering now, when I got SG, all my Skylanders (except Tree Rex, of course, who I got with the game) already had all their upgrades, I think I got the Achievement when I took ownership of one of them.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Kmknox Green Sparx Gems: 313
#9 Posted: 00:08:29 25/02/2013
This is definitely a issue for me on the Xbox. I have completed at least 4 characters with all upgrades and the achievement does not unlock for me. I guess my next step is to play from the very beginning with one character until I have all upgrades before using a different character. I am pretty sure that is the only thing I have not done in the effort to get this.

Do you think that would mean not opening up any extra areas per chapter with other characters? Maybe tonight I will have a chance to try this, I think Sonic Boom is the first Soul Gem found as was stated earlier so that will be the culprit in my next endeavor.
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#10 Posted: 05:25:00 25/02/2013
Quote: Kmknox
This is definitely a issue for me on the Xbox. I have completed at least 4 characters with all upgrades and the achievement does not unlock for me. I guess my next step is to play from the very beginning with one character until I have all upgrades before using a different character. I am pretty sure that is the only thing I have not done in the effort to get this.

Do you think that would mean not opening up any extra areas per chapter with other characters? Maybe tonight I will have a chance to try this, I think Sonic Boom is the first Soul Gem found as was stated earlier so that will be the culprit in my next endeavor.

As per my post above, I didn't find it necessary to buy all the upgrades in a single run - just the final(non soul gem) one.

It would be a lot quicker to try this, anyway, as you can grind the required money.
(Also in case my description was ambiguous, you should already have the soul gem upgrade - it just shouldn't be the last one you buy.)
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
Kmknox Green Sparx Gems: 313
#11 Posted: 00:44:56 03/03/2013
I played with only one character and did not open any extra areas until I had purchased all upgrades and it opened for me. I did buy the soul gem upgrade before the last one though too for this.

Check that one off the list...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me