darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > What is the best/cheapest way to get the SSA disc for Wii?
Page 1 of 1
What is the best/cheapest way to get the SSA disc for Wii? [CLOSED]
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#1 Posted: 19:23:16 24/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Our household didn't get into Skylanders unti Giants, so that's where our collection started. At this point, we have a lot of figres (around 50 or so) and I don't see a need for a 2nd Portal.

That said, I'd like to be able to play SSA with the figures and portal that we already have.

I called Activision yesterday to see if they would let me order just a "replacement" disc for SSA (I did not try to lie, I just told them what I said above), but they would not.

I know I can watch Craigslist and eBay, but is there any other good way to find a deal on a SSA game without a whole starter pack?

I checked w/GameStop and they said that they won't accept Skylanders games as trades and therefore won't ever have it for sale used.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 05:00:26 26/01/2013
You're right to NOT want the SSA Portal, it's wireless and eats batteries. I think your best shot is right here... Maybe you can find someone who's willing to get rid of their SSA (maybe someone who got the Giants Portal Masters pack, so they're still using their Portal).

But remember that if you're successful, chances are that you won't get the figures either: Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy. I know I saw Trigger Happy available alone (don't THINK it was a special version, but this was at Toys R Us), but I don't think they bothered releasing the other two on their own. You might be better off just accepting the second Portal. A lot of people bought the full Starter Pack for Giants, and as such have two Portals themselves.

You might also try posting this in the Giants forum. This is clearly more of a SSA question, but that's where you'll find the audience you need.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#3 Posted: 11:39:23 26/01/2013
You can get it used on Ebay or something. If you want it new, then you unfortunately have to buy the pack.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#4 Posted: 12:34:10 26/01/2013
wait ssa starter to be on sale saw it as low as 40usd get the disc then sell the rest figures and portal online or craiglist. smilie tbh just keep the wireless portal you shud check the portal trick it might be helpful in the future.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#5 Posted: 17:13:03 28/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: FLEIJA
wait ssa starter to be on sale saw it as low as 40usd get the disc then sell the rest figures and portal online or craiglist. smilie tbh just keep the wireless portal you shud check the portal trick it might be helpful in the future.

I'd love it if I could find it on sale. I keep checking, but when stores are putting Skylanders Starter Packs on sale around me it only applies to Giants.

I know KMart clearenced their out a while back, but I wasn't fast enough to get in on that deal.

Honestly, I wouldn't MIND getting the figures that the pack contains because I don't have the s1 of any of those anyway, but I just wish Activision would sell the disc only of SSA.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#6 Posted: 17:39:37 28/01/2013
tbh I hope they release the game to xboxlive or psn.physical disc dont last long with my 3 little boys lol. also check your craiglist in your but be very carful. in my area they sell SSA starter pack with green gillgrunt for 30usd coming from the xbox bundle last black fri. just be patient as they will surely mark this items down for there will be skylanders to be announced in couple week or wait during holidays or events for mark down prices.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 06:15:10 29/01/2013
This is interesting. They covered if you bought SSA and went to Giants with the Portal Owner Pack but now need to create a Portal Owner Pack for SSA. Of course, because it involves saving the customer money it isn't going to happen.

By the way, the difference for the Portal Owner's Pack was only like $10, so it was a no brainer for me to get the additional portal (I hear how they might break etc). Little did I know that the Giants portal was wired...which alone will save me HUNDREDS of dollars of battery life.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:16:32 29/01/2013 by GhostRoaster
#8 Posted: 17:27:24 29/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing, Ghost Roaster.

I also thought the GameStop and the likes would do a good business buying from those who have lost or damaged their portals and don't want to play anymore and selling used Skylanders game discs to those who lose or damage theirs... or those like me who want to use their existing Skylanders hardware with another game. They have always bought and sold other games like DDR that require special hardware, so I'm not sure why this would be any different.

No matter, I managed to find SSA yesterday afternoon on Craigslist. Paid $40 for the Wii version of SSA with Portal and 8 s1 figures. The figures were all loose with no codes, but I took them home and registered them all on Universe, so they had not been registered to anyone else yet, which is good. I'm satisfied.

Thanks for the input on this, guys.
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#9 Posted: 18:13:23 29/01/2013
check craigslist, i found one for $30 with green gill.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#10 Posted: 19:14:17 29/01/2013
We've got a used video game store in my area called "Buybacks". Maybe there is something like that around you.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Spr0cket Green Sparx Gems: 143
#11 Posted: 19:56:19 29/01/2013
Target has it on sale for 39.99 (at least they did last week when I was there)
---
Looking for GITD fright rider.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me