Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 295 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#14701 Posted: 18:29:26 12/12/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
remember kids: standing up against bullying is cool unless your mom is racist. then you get double bullied

Apparently, that story is NOT true, actually.

Regardless, the kid is a victim when he shouldn't be.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:49 12/12/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#14702 Posted: 18:41:45 12/12/2017
After listening to Sworn in the Metal Wind, I can indeed confirm that listening to Lost Horizon is like reading a million self-empowerment books at once.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#14703 Posted: 18:49:51 12/12/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Net Neutrality's death isn't going go happen, not if we do something about it. Staying put and complaining gets us nowhere.

And if it does happen, then it's partially your fault too TBH.

This.

Please, everyone, actually do something. Call or write Congress. There's many ways you can help, and every little bit can go a long way. All you have to do is do a web search, and plenty of resources will come up.
#14704 Posted: 18:53:10 12/12/2017
I'm pretty sure you could add Lost Horizon to literally anything any instantly make it awesome.

"I hate sand. It's coarse, rough, and it gets everyWHHOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"
---
#14705 Posted: 22:12:42 12/12/2017
I know Coco is a wonderfully emotional film when it got my Dad teary eyed.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#14706 Posted: 23:27:59 12/12/2017
Quote: Waaksian
Net Neutrality's death isn't going go happen, not if we do something about it. Staying put and complaining gets us nowhere.

This.

Please, everyone, actually do something. Call or write Congress. There's many ways you can help, and every little bit can go a long way. All you have to do is do a web search, and plenty of resources will come up.

Already done. Not going to make a difference. Only hope is if states choose to take the FCC to federal court over their proposal. (Can they even do that? God, I hope so.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14707 Posted: 23:42:31 12/12/2017
Quote: HIR

This.

Already done. Not going to make a difference. Only hope is if states choose to take the FCC to federal court over their proposal. (Can they even do that? God, I hope so.)

im pretty sure states are allowed to propose lawsuits against federal law
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14708 Posted: 23:56:24 12/12/2017
Several months later, and I still have no idea what the lyrics to this song are. I can't even access any translators from my 2DS.

"quebrada" -> "tomorrow" (?)

IDK. I barely know any Spanish, that's pretty much the only word I can understand in the whole song. I think "luna" has something to with with night, so maybe "tomorrow night"? IDK.

---

Damn, the AI in Lego Battles can be really bad sometimes. Not the enemy AI - your AI, the "armies" you command, can get really ****brained sometimes.

"Oh, our king is getting poked to death by some generic mooks? We'll just stand here and watch."

"LOL I'm supposed to be fighting that giant troll thing? Nope, I'll just walk halfway across the map and stare at the trees."

"Which forest was I supposed to be harvesting? I forgot, even though you've told me five times already."

And then there's the issue of trying to mobilize squads of 9, especially when it's a motley crew of archers/cavalry/catapults/etc.. Squads of nine that consist of the same type can get really difficult to control when trying to get them through small pathways (like between trees), and if it's a motley crew, several of those would be too slow to move with the main force, therefore getting caught far behind the rest.

I'm pretty sure some of these problems are my own fault, I'll admit, but still pretty crappy even considering my own inexperience at mobizing squads. And the hitboxes, instead of tapping on enemy, it'll just make them surround the enemy instead. Then do absolutely nothing in self-defense as they get poked to death by a generic mook.
---
#14709 Posted: 01:50:12 13/12/2017
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: HIR

This.

im pretty sure states are allowed to propose lawsuits against federal law

Yeah, but what the FCC wants to do isn't putting anything into law, it's changing certain business-related classifications. That's why I'm not sure. And that's why people are trying to get everyone to call Congress, since Congress can legally assign Title II carrier status to cable providers, thus locking them into Net Neutrality rules.
---
#14710 Posted: 02:53:48 13/12/2017
I really wish I could find those wires for my Xbox 360, but they weren't in either the box it was in or the bag containing most wires. Really wanna play Skylanders again - the originals, my absolute favourites, Spyro's Adventure and Giants. Those two will always have a special place in my heart, despite all the money I wasted, it was slightly worth it... slightly. I should have just kept to the Starter Packs instead.

Nonetheless, procrastinating on a dying website isn't gonna find those wires. I'm planning to leave this Friday anyway, God knows how long for, but I don't want to come back for as long as I can. That was the original idea those weeks ago, but clearly my curiosity got the better of me, and I returned... for no more than a week, hopefully.

Why return? What point is there? The more desolate it becomes, the more convinced I am that I'm wasting my time. More convinced? Well, I'm already convinced I'm wasting my time, so maybe "realising how much more pointless this is becoming" is more accurate.

I'll lock my PM inbox, just keep my GB open this time. If there is anyone who wants to say something. I recently opened both, but I doubt it will make any difference.

After that incident, I have become much more unwilling to talk to anyone. I'm getting my confidence back now, but that resistance to change, that resistance to talking, is still there.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14711 Posted: 03:07:48 13/12/2017
There are two types of people in this world. People who finish “I need a hero!” with “I’m holding out for a hero till the morning light” and wrong people.

Sorry Waakisan!
#14712 Posted: 03:09:58 13/12/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
There are two types of people in this world. People who finish “I need a hero!” with “I’m holding out for a hero till the morning light” and wrong people.

Sorry Waakisan!

There need to be more people who say "I'll be my own hero" or, "I'll be a hero to others!"

Is this ok if I even post this? I mean your making a joke but I don't wanna intrude.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#14713 Posted: 03:13:45 13/12/2017

Sorry Waakisan!

What other reply is there?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#14714 Posted: 03:15:40 13/12/2017
Quote: Seiki

Sorry Waakisan!

What other reply is there?

Shrek 2 version is better.
---
#14715 Posted: 03:19:23 13/12/2017
Latin in power metal can be done well, like in Sabaton - Lion From The North and Kamelot - March of Mephisto, but songs like Bloodbound - Symphony Satana and Powerwolf - Sanctus Dominus take it over the top. Hell, Sanctus Dominus is a song written entirely in Latin, of course it's going to get boring fast.

Latin sounds great when used right, but when done too much, it looses its effect. It's supposed to sound ominous, mysterious, not just to put emphasis on something.

No offense to Symphony Satana or Sanctus Dominus, but seriously, there really was no point. Both times it was used, it sounded no different from their other songs - in fact, the "Benedictus" line from the beginning of Blessed and Possessed sounded so much more impactful than literally everything in Sanctus Dominus.

Though, despite not needing to be in Latin, Sanctus Dominus was actually a pretty good song. Christ and Combat is still my favourite from that album though.

And, as I said, Sanctus Dominus really shouldn't have been written entirely in Latin.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#14716 Posted: 04:37:32 13/12/2017
It pisses me off beyond comprehension whenever somebody responds with just a question mark. So I've decided to just mentally make them say "HURRRRR DE DURRRRR I DON'T HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO FORM SENTENCES DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#14717 Posted: 14:35:38 13/12/2017
I gotta start playing Smash again.
---
#14718 Posted: 15:12:17 13/12/2017
I haven't really seen much "happy" movies, books, games, etc. similar to music - Power Quest and Freedom Call, for example. Most media tends to do what it does, but musicians like Chris Bay (Freedom Call, not that other singer) can create that certain atmosphere through their creations, which I rarely see elsewhere.

Are there any pieces of media that have that same atmosphere? I like the Kirby series and that kinda counts, not sure what else I'd consider. But then again, I like Kirby, so I'm probably really biased in that.

I'm thinking more about media that just has a general atmosphere of "you're awesome! " or something along those lines, like Lost Horizon's music. Something that is just generally motivational or inspirational.

It seems like it should be easy enough to do, so why haven't I seen that yet? I was making a videogame called Twelve Relics that toyed with this idea, with Klepto (the player character) leading a ragtag team to take on the main villain, with an overly-happy atmosphere to rival even Kirby, but (ironically) I had to give up on that. I'll try incorporating many of its themes later on, to get that same happy atmosphere, because that's my style.

The main question is... are there any pieces of media that have the same "happy" atmosphere as music can have? Inspirational, motivational, just something that says "you're awesome!".
---
#14719 Posted: 15:21:05 13/12/2017
I haven't really seen much "happy" movies, books, games, etc. similar to music - Power Quest and Freedom Call, for example. Most media tends to do what it does, but musicians like Chris Bay (Freedom Call, not that other singer) can create that certain atmosphere through their creations, which I rarely see elsewhere.

Are there any pieces of media that have that same atmosphere? I like the Kirby series and that kinda counts, not sure what else I'd consider. But then again, I like Kirby, so I'm probably really biased in that.

I'm thinking more about media that just has a general atmosphere of "you're awesome! " or something along those lines, like Lost Horizon's music. Something that is just generally motivational or inspirational.

It seems like it should be easy enough to do, so why haven't I seen that yet? I was making a videogame called Twelve Relics that toyed with this idea, with Klepto (the player character) leading a ragtag team to take on the main villain, with an overly-happy atmosphere to rival even Kirby, but (ironically) I had to give up on that. I'll try incorporating many of its themes later on, to get that same happy atmosphere, because that's my style.

The main question is... are there any pieces of media that have the same "happy" atmosphere as music can have? Inspirational, motivational, just something that says "you're awesome!".

If I can recommend any shows, I'd say Parks and Recreation, is a great show that's very relaxing and reliving, and while I know you say you're not into anime, My Hero Academia. MHA is an incredible boost emotionally. I can make you feel great and feel like you can achieve greatness. Both Sub and Dub can work, but the dub is better IMO. Wonderfully empowering.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:24:08 13/12/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#14720 Posted: 15:34:37 13/12/2017
I think MHA sounds like it'd fit my description, I was actually thinking about that a few times whilst writing that post. I remember reading a book series about something similar, but that got dark really quick, with things such as an attempted suicide pact happening at one point IIRC. Hopefully MHA doesn't have anything like that - as much as I liked that series, it did get really dark at times. Not sure if I'd say it's the darkest thing I'd read, The Maze Runner got pretty dark sometimes too IIRC.

As far as "happy" media goes, watching Highlander made me feel that way, a little. I decided to watch it because my favourite song is based on it, and although it wasn't quite what I expected (though I'm not sure what exactly I did expect, probably more focus on the Immortals and their powers), it was really good nonetheless. Too soon to say, but I think it could become one of my favourite films.

As for other things, as I said, I find Kirby to be quite happy too. So Highlander and Kirby are the two main things I can think of right now.
---
#14721 Posted: 15:48:47 13/12/2017
I think MHA sounds like it'd fit my description, I was actually thinking about that a few times whilst writing that post. I remember reading a book series about something similar, but that got dark really quick, with things such as an attempted suicide pact happening at one point IIRC. Hopefully MHA doesn't have anything like that - as much as I liked that series, it did get really dark at times. Not sure if I'd say it's the darkest thing I'd read, The Maze Runner got pretty dark sometimes too IIRC.

As far as "happy" media goes, watching Highlander made me feel that way, a little. I decided to watch it because my favourite song is based on it, and although it wasn't quite what I expected (though I'm not sure what exactly I did expect, probably more focus on the Immortals and their powers), it was really good nonetheless. Too soon to say, but I think it could become one of my favourite films.

As for other things, as I said, I find Kirby to be quite happy too. So Highlander and Kirby are the two main things I can think of right now.

MHA only has 2 minor suicide related pieces of dialogue in the first episode, but after that it's not acknowledged again. After that, it's heavily positive with well done more emotional moments. It gets dark at some parts, but it never looses it's uplifting tone. Most darker scenes lead to positive, empowering outcomes as well. Either way, I strongly recommend it, it really made me feel great.
---
#14722 Posted: 16:05:15 13/12/2017
Maybe I'll look into it. Right now, as I've said before, my main priorities are making a game (for real this time, full-length) and/or starting a band. Either way, inspiration, motivation, and all other positive feelings are always welcome.

There are a few notable traits that I think lead to what I call "positive literature", fiction or media that conveys strong positive feelings, without the need to make it something akin to an Aesop's Fable. Just generally conveys positive feelings. Maybe I'll post what I've "discovered" so far later, though it's mostly opinions so far, as I have yet to find anything supporting my theory. More what I'd consider "happy" than what others may.

In music, I've noticed a few shared traits between happy songs - a "singalong" chorus (like Freedom Call - Warriors), mentioning "heroes" (like Masterplan - Heroes), and I think certain notes are used more often in them too, but I'm not a musician so I'm not entirely sure on that. More of a personal preference, but I think songs that progress throughout, going from relatively downbeat to uplifting (like Civil War - The Last Full Measure) works really well too. Bonus points if it starts out happy and gets even moreso as it progresses - Twilight Force - Gates of Glory is a good example of this, though it doesn't give enough room for the kinds of progression used in songs like The Last Full Measure.

I've noticed some lyrical similarities too, which is why I decided to start thinking of potential candidates for "happy" tropes like I mentioned earlier. I think that could become very useful if I ever made a definitive list.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14723 Posted: 17:08:41 13/12/2017
i kinda want to.. actually make a game
#14724 Posted: 17:18:20 13/12/2017
If SpongeBob SquarePants was an anime, then Squidward would probably have more plot relevance.

---

Yeah, Nekota is kinda hot TBH, but you know what's hotter?

PANZERKAMPFWAGEN VIII MAUS

Girls und Panzer, AKA what happens when you put two great things together and make an anime about it. Actually, that makes it three great things - girls, tanks, anime.

---

i kinda want to.. actually make a game

Do you have access to a computer, or any other potential "creator" equipment? I've heard there's a free RPG Maker for the computer, which should be easy to use.

Or, if you're feeling more ambitious, get a team together or learn programming. Then you can start from the ground up.
---
#14725 Posted: 17:53:27 13/12/2017
Dat Bowser tho

https://www.buildabear.com/col...=ninpr:nintendo
---
#14726 Posted: 18:46:48 13/12/2017
The only way we can save the world is to teach everyone in the way of the gay.

We must teach everyone in the way of the gay.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#14727 Posted: 19:31:33 13/12/2017
The only way we can save the world is to teach everyone in the way of the gay.

We must teach everyone in the way of the gay.

No we wont!
---
Hahahahaha
#14728 Posted: 19:45:55 13/12/2017
Well, looks like dS became inactive again. Someone should make a topic or something, IDK.
---
#14729 Posted: 20:02:25 13/12/2017
ALICE MUST BE TAUGHT IN THE WAY OF THE GAY

NEKOTA YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#14730 Posted: 20:09:16 13/12/2017
After I watch NOTN I’ll review it.
---
Soon.
#14731 Posted: 20:12:12 13/12/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Watch Highlander instead, Highlander is actually a pretty good film.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#14732 Posted: 20:21:39 13/12/2017
shoutout to when i was 14 and my sister found my yaoi folder
#14733 Posted: 21:26:08 13/12/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Knowing you, you're just gonna jokingly praise it.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#14734 Posted: 21:40:19 13/12/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

*cough*
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#14735 Posted: 23:12:58 13/12/2017
:F looks like :P except he got half of his tongue cut off.
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#14736 Posted: 00:15:54 14/12/2017
They're all adorable, especially Yoshi. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#14737 Posted: 01:40:07 14/12/2017
Holy ****, how did I manage to keep at this for a whole year?! This is getting really tiring. Well, it did then, too, but I wasn't like I am now, I guess. Progression - that's a good thing.

I'd stop now. But I said to continue for a week, so I'd rather not break that promise to myself. Nonetheless, I am starting to see what it truly is, and that is making things much easier.

After all...

"No fate. Only the power of will."
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#14738 Posted: 01:50:03 14/12/2017
Oh Adventure Time how I have missed you so
---
Cool cool.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14739 Posted: 04:25:55 14/12/2017
what have i started
#14740 Posted: 12:51:19 14/12/2017
what have i started

A trend.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#14741 Posted: 19:50:19 14/12/2017
SAO Abridged episode 12 is out.
---
Soon.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#14742 Posted: 23:38:30 14/12/2017
tbh people dont really know what net neutrality really is
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#14743 Posted: 23:47:13 14/12/2017
Lel, someone I follow on Tumblr pretty much confirmed she's a feminist.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14744 Posted: 00:35:59 15/12/2017
Is it just me or is Vicarious Visions addicted to drums? I see a lot of it in their soundtracks, I wonder how far the sound team has a say on the songs.

I would post this on Imaginators' general topic but I don't know how much on-topic this would be.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:46 15/12/2017 by Crash10
#14745 Posted: 01:01:38 15/12/2017
I'm pretty sure Drawdler must have had among the most accounts on here, I think(?) - GamingMaster_76, Arc of Archives, Nibelit, Drawlder. Not sure if all of those are correct, if I've missed some, or if I've misspelt one. I think there was another user (TheAceOfBreath?) who had a few also.

I've had two accounts - this is my second - although I have used three in total, and have gone by three names of note. One was my old account, one is this account, and another is an alias I occasionally used.

I massively preferred my old account's name, but I can no longer access that, so I made this. I originally intended never too return, and given my inactivity for a long time, I think I did pretty well in retrospect. I chose this name to fit in with the other "noobs", never thought I'd end up back here.

So, will I make a third? Well... hopefully yes, if I'm still here next year, TBH. Not because I hate this name. More because I "deactivated" my old account as a way of preventing my return, so if I "deactivate" this one also, then that would show that I am once again trying to leave. Trying is better than not trying at all. Hopefully if I deactivate this one, I won't come back at all that time. I hope.

Maybe that's a weird and silly mindset to have. But I'm a silly person, aren't I? I can't even understand how my own mind works sometimes.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#14746 Posted: 01:12:22 15/12/2017
Quote: Crash10
Is it just me or is Vicarious Visions addicted to drums? I see a lot of it in their soundtracks, I wonder how far the sound team has a say on the songs.

I would post this on Imaginators' general topic but I don't know how much on-topic this would be.

Better drums than drugs.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#14747 Posted: 01:13:07 15/12/2017
^I could swear Brightscales had a small army of alt accounts she tried to return with and are buried deep in the bowels of Ripto hell.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14748 Posted: 07:28:29 15/12/2017
^I could swear Brightscales had a small army of alt accounts she tried to return with and are buried deep in the bowels of Ripto hell.

you can find the complete list here bby
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:30:46 15/12/2017 by parisruelz12
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14749 Posted: 10:39:54 15/12/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

you can find the complete list here bby

[User Posted Image]

I think the wiki is traying to tell me something.
---
Dead
First | Previous | Page 295 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me