Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Aurora
View Results
First | Previous | Page 289 of 289
1 2 3 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3627
#14401 Posted: 17:01:13 15/11/2017
I wonder if any studio would be willing to give another go at a Dinotopia series. The old 2002 series looked like it could be a good series, but it was a ahead of it's time with all it's (now out dated) CGI an it had meh ratings. With GOT, the upcoming LOTR series and other shows using top quality CG, I feel like Dinotopia could fit right in and be great. Perfect for a more light-hearted HBO show. I feel like it'd have potential to be a highly popular show as well, think Game of Thrones.
---
WANNA BE IN THE DS THANKGIVING SPECIAL? TELL ME ON MY GB!
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 666
#14402 Posted: 17:41:11 15/11/2017
I get a lot of ideas. Not ideas in the sense of thoughts or opinions, more in the sense that I can easily think up entire stories, characters, and places the same way others might solve a simple math equation.

They're all unique, all with their own different varied casts and such that are made to fit together in near-perfect synergy, not just a collection of archetypes that get reused all the time. No idea is even remotely similar to another, besides the fact that one character or location might be a bit similar to another, but even then there are always enough differences to distinguish the two.

If I tried hard enough, I could think up several LoTR-scale epics in one day, if I wanted to. I already have about 15 ideas, though some need a bit more polishing before I can consider them fully-fledged stories. They all have general concepts though, and most have their own unique geographies and casts.

Maybe I should try just that, try to see how many I can make in a day. It would be an interesting challenge.
---
"Nostro dispater, nostr'alma mater, make this mothe****er die!"
onii-tank~
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 3585
#14403 Posted: 03:34:55 16/11/2017
really annoying how one bad grade can turn a high 90 to a low 80 thanks gradebook :)
TheToyNerd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#14404 Posted: 11:09:21 16/11/2017
I killed the song topic!
---
FINALLY! Someone broke me out of my B A G
Crash10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1653
#14405 Posted: 14:43:03 16/11/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

I killed the song topic!

Murderer!!!!!!
---
its nipples
HIR Platinum Sparx Gems: 7149
#14406 Posted: 15:56:30 16/11/2017
The Ultra Warp Ride minigame is like gambling. Once you get a shiny and/or Legendary, you just want to go back for more. <.>;
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4014
#14407 Posted: 17:50:40 16/11/2017
Quote: HIR

The Ultra Warp Ride minigame is like gambling. Once you get a shiny and/or Legendary, you just want to go back for more. <.>;

imagine going all the way to the end and just getting a stunfisk
---
it really do be like dat sometimes
swiggity swag, get in the bag
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1151
#14408 Posted: 19:39:59 16/11/2017
Star Vs the Forces of Evil Season 3 is AMAZING.
Seriously, I can’t tell if Eclipsa is evil or not, she seems kind, but could be manipulating Star. Then there’s the other plots about racism and Ms Heinous... this show.
---
HIHD is lying. I am the biggest Zoroark fan.
#14409 Posted: 20:10:03 16/11/2017
USUM comes out tomorrow and i am READY
---
DragonCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4115
#14410 Posted: 20:59:34 16/11/2017
I'm an awful person for making this
Danganronpa 1 spoilers
[User Posted Image]
---
Dva's achievement is so easy
#14411 Posted: 22:46:56 16/11/2017
So I’m at the final boss in Superstar Saga...
And the fight is Satan. Not the boss, the fight.
---
TheToyNerd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#14412 Posted: 23:07:33 16/11/2017
Thank you, Pokemon2, for giving me the knowledge of Danho. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life.
---
FINALLY! Someone broke me out of my B A G
#14413 Posted: 00:07:25 17/11/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

So I’m at the final boss in Superstar Saga...

And the fight is Satan. Not the boss, the fight.

Welp, I beat the game. I died 5 times in the whole game and all of them were the final boss.
---
Bryman04 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1552
#14414 Posted: 00:09:04 17/11/2017
Bifrost, you need this in your life

https://mobile.twitter.com/roc...5798912/video/1
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#14415 Posted: 00:21:20 17/11/2017
Quote: Bryman04

Bifrost, you need this in your life

https://mobile.twitter.com/roc...5798912/video/1

I'm not into anime culture enough for this man, I'm just a simple casul that watches whatever action anime is popular 3 years after it comes out

Edit: Anthony Burch is the writer. ProZD can't save that, I'm out.
---
I do art
Roses are red, five comes after four
"None of this is good Vector, that's why it's called war"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:09:03 17/11/2017 by Bifrost
#14416 Posted: 21:02:13 17/11/2017
There is an NPC in EOV called Ghai the Fiery. And a mission called Spooky Scary Skeletons.

Beautiful.

---

Just completed the 3rd Stratum, now on 4th. If my calculations are correct, I should complete the game within a week.

I'm planning on taking short breaks between Statums on dS, other than that, I'll hopefully become much less inactive - I want to blaze ahead on EOV, get it done as quickly as possible, without any or minimal distractions. I like it better this way.

---

I should keep my more depressing thoughts in Personal. I don't have any particularly "personal" thoughts - I'm as open as a book for anyone on here who wants to listen, no secrets to hide from you all - but I doubt anyone wants that kind of crap interrupting the sorts of thoughts posted here.

Not that this place isn't depressing, it can be far from it when someone starts an argument, then it devolves into a massive ****storm of hate. But they seem to enjoy that, seeing something more along the lines of my thoughts is probably not something they want to see.

---

That's the entire concept of the Dreamchildren. Calling them "unlikely heroes" or "heroes who don't want to be heroes" is a major understatement, it's much more than that, it's this gift they have that makes them so effective in defeating Tobias - the only people who can defeat Tobias. It is their gift that makes them immune to most of Tobias' abilities.

With how they're represented in the lore, the basic concepts of Dreamchildren and Tobias both appear much more supernatural than they are, but a deeper look into them show that they are much more realistic. I do not intend to build around them with the idea of making them seem supernatural, I want to make them appear as realistic and down-to-earth as they really are, but just the basic idea screams of supernatural. Blurring the lines is my best option, to walk the line between being full-on supernatural and just being down-to-earth.

The Dreamchildren and Tobias are both very real. They are based around two very real things, one of which (the inspiration for Tobias) can be found almost everywhere in the real world. And that's what makes him so realistic.

The inspiration for the Dreamchildren, however... perhaps it is not as common. Still relatively common, but if it was any more common than it already was, the Dreamchildren wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting a concept as they are.

Furthermore, anyone can be a Dreamchild. Everyone has the potential to defeat Tobias, it is not locked out from anyone, the way to become a Dreamchild is rather simple actually.

All in all, I will admit, the basic concept is incredibly cheesy and cliche. It's like something you'd find in a kid's book, but once again, it is composition that must be noted. How it is used. This is why the concept is more advanced than the archetype often found in kid's books - because I have made it so, made it into something beyond that archetype. Built upon it, not just took it for what it was.

And now, this otherwise generic archetype has grown into becoming a vital asset to a large epic spanning various worlds, all connected by the Dreamchildren and their battle against Tobias.

---

Composition, deception, momentum... many things must be considered when making a story or idea. Do not focus on a single thing or concept. All of it is important in creating a masterpiece, and in order to truly realize the zenith of potential, no idea should even be considered a masterpiece by yourself.

Look at your ideas and find all ways they can be criticized. Change them. Continue, and eventually, you will be one step closer to making a masterpiece.

Or you may not want to make a masterpiece. This is a good idea, and I think this approach is the only true way to make a masterpiece, to not let vanity or desire defect your vision.

But if you desire a masterpiece, or if you do not, there is only one piece of advice that is always important - analyse all that is important. Every stylistic choice, all thematics, how it all comes together, and so forth. Prioritize what you deem most important, and focus on that, if there is not enough time to properly incorporate the other virtues.

Rushing ahead with things unknowing of what you want or what is deemed most important is never a good idea. Plan ahead, with virtues and priorities in mind.
---
onii-tank~
#14417 Posted: 00:56:35 18/11/2017
I had another dream a few days ago. I didn't see Elysium, but it had a similar feel to Elysium, that overall feeling of deja vu was there.

Well, not exactly deja vu. My dreams don't feel like that, not exactly. Deju vu implies that it would feel like I've been there before, but it doesn't feel like I've been there before - it feels more like I am right there and right then, but at the same time, I'm not. Real, but not real, that's probably the best way I can describe it.

A few interesting things to note here.

1) I seen a person that I definitely did not recognize - no blurry image effect here, this person was definitely not someone I have seen before.

2) I seen a place that I very barely recognized as a road that used to be near my school. However, the perspective of this was unique - the last possible time I could have seen it was several years ago now, and given the circumstances, I think it was highly unlikely that I did see it from this perspective.

3) I remember crying in my dream, which is something I very rarely do IRL, since I have a quick temper and usually get angry instead. This crying felt more emotional, as if I was genuinely sad and not angry.

4) I remember seeing two rooms (possibly three, though I only visited two IIRC) that I also don't remember seeing before. They vaguely remind me of scenes I have previously visited in my dreams, but the geography was off, so I'm not so sure if they were the same.

Come to think of it, the first room was quite untidy, so it may of been connected to a similar place I visited in Elysium Wave (though that place wasn't in Elysium itself, also IIRC). However, once again, the geography is off - it lacked the "ether" (weird chaotic substance, kind of like a huge cloud with various objects inside) that could be seen in certain parts.

Like 1, this place was definitely not somewhere I recognized, no blurry image effect.

5) In 4, there were two people - a boy and a girl - who seemed to know each other, like family. I didn't see their faces enough, but they reminded me of the twins (Serena and Oswald) who appeared in Elysium Wave, in the office dream with the folder.

I should also note that I seem to be on good terms with these twins, assuming they're the same who appeared in Elsyium Wave. Even though the contents of the office dream were quite odd, they seem to be on the "good side", whatever that is. They're my (imaginary?) friends, at least... I think.

That's about it. No idea if this could start a new wave. Despite 3, it seemed to have a happier feel to it than Elysium, I'm not sure what this could mean. And I don't even know why I was crying either, that's another thing. I think it was connected to 1.
---
onii-tank~
#14418 Posted: 01:27:55 18/11/2017
CUTIEFLY IS THE REAL MVP
---
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3627
#14419 Posted: 13:38:05 18/11/2017
Best cosplay I've ever seen

[User Posted Image]
---
WANNA BE IN THE DS THANKGIVING SPECIAL? TELL ME ON MY GB!
Beemo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1352
#14420 Posted: 16:27:58 18/11/2017
I need to catch up on all of my shows. ._.
First | Previous | Page 289 of 289
1 2 3 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me