Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 22 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Ebay Fails [CLOSED]
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1051 Posted: 02:39:44 30/03/2014
Eh, I'll be honest I'd rather he help others get it by pooling our resources but we may see it still. It's his to sell, though that price is insane compared to the Taobao price.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#1052 Posted: 16:20:08 30/03/2014
The "Taobao" price, if I'm translating and converting the currency correctly, is roughly $25 USD, including international shipping.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1053 Posted: 16:33:35 30/03/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
The "Taobao" price, if I'm translating and converting the currency correctly, is roughly $25 USD, including international shipping.

The original price I paid ($24, ¥149.00), plus the fact that I paid extra for very fast shipping ($35, out of fear that they would do a "surprise release"), plus handling fees ($15), so it's $74 total.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:38:21 30/03/2014 by Matteomax
#1054 Posted: 16:45:51 30/03/2014
No offense intended, but why would you spend $35 for expedited international shipping of an unreleased item, just so you could turn around and sell it for less than what you paid?

That doesn't make any sense.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#1055 Posted: 16:48:42 30/03/2014
No offense intended, but why would you spend $35 for expedited international shipping of an unreleased item, just so you could turn around and sell it for less than what you paid?

That doesn't make any sense.

Originally, I wasn't going to sell it, but when I did, I thought that the $75 would be out of hand. I dropped it slightly for it to seem slightly more "fair."
---
#1056 Posted: 17:13:12 30/03/2014
So, we should praise you for "lowering" the price of an item to just $40 above retail, instead of $65 above retail?
I think not.

Listen, if you're truly and sincerely having a case of buyer's remorse and trying to "strike while the iron is still hot" to recoup some of your cash, then that's your business, and I understand.

However, you have to realize that you're supporting an element of the Skylanders economy/market that a LOT of people in the community strongly disapprove of, even if you're doing so unintentionally.
In other words, you have to face the music on this, in my opinion. If that's uncomfortable, too bad. Just know that deleting posts and attempting to "cover your tracks" probably makes you look more guilty than innocent.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1057 Posted: 23:21:46 30/03/2014
So, we should praise you for "lowering" the price of an item to just $40 above retail, instead of $65 above retail?
I think not.

Listen, if you're truly and sincerely having a case of buyer's remorse and trying to "strike while the iron is still hot" to recoup some of your cash, then that's your business, and I understand.

However, you have to realize that you're supporting an element of the Skylanders economy/market that a LOT of people in the community strongly disapprove of, even if you're doing so unintentionally.
In other words, you have to face the music on this, in my opinion. If that's uncomfortable, too bad. Just know that deleting posts and attempting to "cover your tracks" probably makes you look more guilty than innocent.

More tracks have been covered. The whole BumbleBlast topic has been deleted.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1058 Posted: 23:40:25 30/03/2014
I took the damn thing off of eBay, happy?
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#1059 Posted: 23:47:55 30/03/2014
Quote: Matteomax

Lol!!! Kid gets called out, tries to cover his tracks and now he's mad. I had to break my no posting rule just to laugh at this. Also there is no way in hell you paid $35 in "shipping" and $15 in "handling" on one figure. You're the most prolific poster in this thread and you just provide one of the biggest fails of them all. How can you be a mod on this site when all you do is whine about others then do the same things they do and abuse your power to try to hide it?
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
#1060 Posted: 23:52:46 30/03/2014
Quote: IWHBYD

Lol!!! Kid gets called out, tries to cover his tracks and now he's mad. I had to break my no posting rule just to laugh at this. Also there is no way in hell you paid $35 in "shipping" and $15 in "handling" on one figure. You're the most prolific poster in this thread and you just provide one of the biggest fails of them all. How can you be a mod on this site when all you do is whine about others then do the same things they do and abuse your power to try to hide it?

shots fired
---
words. letters. filler.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1061 Posted: 00:01:45 31/03/2014
Quote: IWHBYD

OUCH!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1062 Posted: 00:12:04 31/03/2014
On another subject. ...glad you are "semi-back" IWHBYD
smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#1063 Posted: 03:03:55 31/03/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item35d43242f4

$225 for roughly $98 worth of figures that we're starting to find more of in the stores? Where's the downside to this?
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1064 Posted: 11:03:48 31/03/2014
I think not.

I can't see all the original posts anymore, but I'm not following how his price for LCBB was supposed to be an attempt to please the mob...or you, since you seem to think you represent the mob morality. Perhaps he set the price because that's what he thought it would sell for?

Support an element of of the Skylander market that a lot of people don't like? Really? So people should based their decision on how the mob will respond? That's just silly. If the mob stated that they were against reposes (which a lot of the community is), then should we not buy reposes for fear of how the mob will react?

I would agree that deleting posts is a sign of guilt, just not sure what the guilt is for.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#1065 Posted: 15:41:17 31/03/2014
Gimme a break. Who cares why he bought it? And who cares why he was selling it? If I was getting greif from the whole community because i posted something, i would delete it too. Says nothing of guilt, it says he didn't want to hear it anymore. Scalping only exists because we let it. If it's not for you, then don't buy from them. And guess what happens? If enough people stop buying from them the demand goes down and so do the prices. It's simple economics. I say leave the dude alone.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1066 Posted: 15:41:47 31/03/2014
Look, I know I'm mini-modding but seriously guys, just let it drop now. I followed the incidents of Matteomax's Mod Screwups since he Gnorc'd Bahumut for a post he made on this topic (which was a huge overraction and extremely poor modding) a few days ago and I think all sides involved are acting a little ridiculous.

I think more blame lies with Matteo because he took up the mod position so he should be prepared for heat that he gets, and in the last couple of days he's showing that he just can't handle users pointing out how he's being hypocritical about scalping. But I feel like you guys are also making too big a deal about him scalping. Matteomax responded poorly but the fact that this his eBay listings are really considered a big deal by members here is stupid IMO, I'm sure plenty of others are doing that but you guys aren't gossiping about that like Matteo's listings. Matteo is human like the rest of those scalpers, that he is a mod here doesn't mean he has to be a patron saint and deserves undying rage for scalping. I think what you guys should be blaming him for, if anything, is that he decided to sweep all the arguing under the rug and delete posts instead of actually dealing with the situation, which is probably the worst thing you could use mod powers for. Are the eBay listings really such a big deal? From my point of view, no, but Matteo's poor reaction to the situation does seem important to me, since he has mod powers. And he should not abuse mod powers to make users quiet. In short, I think the problem is not about Matteo scalping but how he reacted to users talking about it.

I'd like to say more but I don't really want to talk at length about this, because I'm tired of the drama with the moderation here that I keep involving myself with. I also don't want to associate myself with a "side" in this argument. ALL THE "SIDES" SUCK.

I'm sure this post will get deleted because it's "off-topic" or "harrassment" (even though I'm trying to help resolve an argument happening here) anyway, but oh well. Modded message?
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:52:28 31/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#1067 Posted: 16:58:36 31/03/2014
You guys take this skylanders stuff too serious, go out and get some fresh air. You only live once so enjoy your life to the fullies than staring at the computer screen or the tv screen. (=smilie=)
#1068 Posted: 16:58:54 31/03/2014
FOR THE LOVE OF EON CAN WE DROP THIS!?
#1069 Posted: 13:56:22 02/04/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Sk...=item417ed5270f

Spelling fail.
---
#1070 Posted: 23:23:24 02/04/2014
Hah, $200 for the Target Exclusive Whirlwind.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item4d1acf45ae
---
words. letters. filler.
higherstandard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1017
#1071 Posted: 01:30:14 03/04/2014
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/...&mtid=824&kw=lg - Wow! What a month can do for prices smilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1072 Posted: 01:32:55 03/04/2014
Quote: higherstandard
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/...&mtid=824&kw=lg - Wow! What a month can do for prices smilie

I remember when I first joined this thing called Skylanders. When I joined it was before Whirlwind was released everywhere. They were actually going for that much then. Insane, supply and demand.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#1073 Posted: 03:11:48 03/04/2014

That can not be for real. Why would someone bid $965 on an item that had a previous high bid of $10?

Something fishy is going on there. (no pun intended)
---
Judaschrist0240 Blue Sparx Gems: 668
#1074 Posted: 22:32:38 13/04/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item19eb3a88ea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/skylan...=item19eb3aa5cb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item19eb3a8650

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item19eb3aabee
#1075 Posted: 01:54:43 14/04/2014
Damn, for that price, I would buy L-Ignitor immediately.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1076 Posted: 02:31:40 14/04/2014
Aww, did nobody want the Skylander Turtle? lol I would have named him Leonardo.
---
#1077 Posted: 23:30:27 15/04/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item3cdfbd8353

Ok, so while an out of the box variant is buy at your own risk, I'm not putting this here for that reason (though take the validity with a grain of salt). Read the description: his son wants it, has his mom buy it for him and is all excited about it... then his dad takes it from him and sells it on eBay? Of course, the guy is sad to see his son took the figure out of the box because the kid actually wanted to play with it. Darn kids buying toys and taking them out of the boxes to play with them! Just wow.
---
#1078 Posted: 00:24:57 16/04/2014
Quote: Eggers

Ok, so while an out of the box variant is buy at your own risk, I'm not putting this here for that reason (though take the validity with a grain of salt). Read the description: his son wants it, has his mom buy it for him and is all excited about it... then his dad takes it from him and sells it on eBay? Of course, the guy is sad to see his son took the figure out of the box because the kid actually wanted to play with it. Darn kids buying toys and taking them out of the boxes to play with them! Just wow.

**** him.
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#1079 Posted: 00:27:08 16/04/2014

I messaged him and told him to give the toy back to his kid. That's sad...
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1080 Posted: 00:47:10 16/04/2014

I think this is one of those times where 1. we don't know their situation, and frankly it's not our business and 2. because of #1 he broke a cardinal rule of eBay listings--list the product, not the story. You'll aggravate fewer people and as a result encourage more bids.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:48:35 16/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#1081 Posted: 01:01:52 16/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I think this is one of those times where 1. we don't know their situation, and frankly it's not our business and 2. because of #1 he broke a cardinal rule of eBay listings--list the product, not the story. You'll aggravate fewer people and as a result encourage more bids.

While I agree that we don't know the story and it shouldn't be our business, the guy basically wrote it for all the world to see and thus has opened him to scrutiny. Your #2 says it all: don't tell us a story if you don't want people to have thoughts and opinions on it. The only explanation I can find for this would be if the kid willingly said that he wants to sell it without coercion from the father. However, the story stating how excited this kid was to get the figure I can't imagine he decided to just sell it without being talked into it. I hope it's not true, but this sure does come off as money > son having a toy.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1082 Posted: 01:14:50 16/04/2014
My comments were one of a cautionary tale. I'm not weighing in on the results of his communication. You're human, and we're on the Internet. Let it fly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#1083 Posted: 01:18:11 16/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
My comments were one of a cautionary tale. I'm not weighing in on the results of his communication. You're human, and we're on the Internet. Let it fly.

Fair enough smilie
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#1084 Posted: 02:50:09 16/04/2014
Some of you guys are being ignorant once again. What if the guy needs money to help support his family? Is it more important for the kid to have a toy or food? The guy can buy the kid a regular Trap Shadow which plays the exact same. Don't just assume he's a jerk for "taking a toy away from his kid".
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:42 16/04/2014 by IWHBYD
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#1085 Posted: 09:58:22 16/04/2014
If they could afford to just "get talked into buying it" by the kid it doesn't sound like they are having trouble feeding him.
Sounds like a VERY poor decision by the father to grab money from a variant rather than letting the kid enjoy it.
This is the VERY WORST kind of scalping. Not only has he taken a kids toy just for money, but the child he has deprived of it was his own son! even worse his own son who thought he had got it!

I would never do this to my kids. I bought Darklight Crypt, did I sell if for massive profit? No, I let them open it and play.

If he was poor they wouldn't be collecting Skylanders in the first place, this is just bad parenting.
#1086 Posted: 13:56:35 16/04/2014
Agree with Pyrofer, disagree with "IWHBYD". If a guy is in dire financial straits, then his kids don't need video games and they shouldn't have a Skylanders collection at all. So, the "toy or food" hyperbole argument holds no water here.

I can understand why the Seller felt inclined to provide a "back story" for this listing, since among collectors, it's rather dubious why someone would open/unbox a recently released chase variant just to then sell it on eBay. That said, even though it seems logical to provide a "back story", I still agree with GhostRoaster ... providing the "story" just creates controversy and discourages some potential bidders.

Yes, it's easy for us to be judgmental about this, and yes, we don't know the whole story, but frankly, it was a massive douchebag move for a father to take away the Trap Shadow and then immediately sell it for profit. Yes, he could then use the funds to buy a regular Trap Shadow (and many other things), but that's not the point. Young children don't usually have the abstract thinking skills and emotional maturity required to understand the reasoning for selling the toy. It's much more likely that the child will interpret (and remember!) this experience as, "Daddy took away my special shiny toy even though I didn't do anything bad" or "Daddy said my toy was too valuable, so he sold it to somebody more worthy".

Bad choice.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1087 Posted: 14:30:49 16/04/2014
Here's a thought:

Father: "Hey, son. You can keep this figure - or we can sell it and get enough money to buy you 20 figures! What do *you* want to do?"
Son: "Umm... 20 figures, please."

Instead, let's jump to conclusions and condemn someone we know nothing about... Because that's how we roll on darkspryo.
#1088 Posted: 19:22:29 16/04/2014
Good job playing Devil's Advocate for absolutely no purpose, UncleBoob. The Seller's listing comes right out and says, "My overly excited and impatient son along with my unknowing wife immediately opened the box once that got into the car. Well, you can imagine my frustration when I got home and saw the figure out of the box, heart-breaking!!!"

You might lack the capacity to read into the emotions contained in that statement, but most people don't. One doesn't use words like "impatient", "unknowing", "frustration", and "heart-breaking!!!" to describe a hypothetical situation like the one you fabricated in post #1088 above.

Your desire to persistently give people the benefit of the doubt might seem admirable to the unsuspecting or naive, but most everyone here knows you're just straight trolling, just like you've been doing for more than a year straight on these forums.
---
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#1089 Posted: 20:02:11 16/04/2014
There is nothing wrong with not being a cynical grumpy old man...

I for one would love to see the world in a positive light again.

You might not agree with UncleBob but that doesn't mean it's not a "possible" situation.

I think we have covered everything there is to say here anyway. Unless of course the person in question is on this forum in which case they could set us all straight.
Whatever the case, lets not have a go at each other.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1090 Posted: 21:08:53 16/04/2014
Your desire to persistently give people the benefit of the doubt might seem admirable to the unsuspecting or naive, but most everyone here knows you're just straight trolling, just like you've been doing for more than a year straight on these forums.

Only scalpers are unilaterally permitted the benefit of the doubt, Bahamut. It's perfectly fine to infer meaning into anything the rest of us say.

Regardless, if someone is going to be a douchebag, at least don't go to the trouble of being obvious about it. Keep it brief. I always roll my eyes when they show a picture of a pyramid of the items or give a summary that serves no purpose other than to make people wonder about their morals or honesty. If you want to tell someone how you took it from your kid, do it in PM if someone asks for more info on why it was opened. He only spilled the beans in hopes he can justify an unopened price for it.
#1091 Posted: 21:36:15 16/04/2014
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html...cat=0&_from=R40

Fail.
---
#1092 Posted: 21:37:49 16/04/2014

what's even WORST is toywiz's top half listings-

THEY CHARGE 9.99 OR HIGHER PER HALF!
#1093 Posted: 22:34:41 16/04/2014
Well, everything about ToyWiz is fail.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1094 Posted: 23:49:18 16/04/2014
[quote=defpallyHe only spilled the beans in hopes he can justify an unopened price for it.[/quote]

Can't speak for the guy in question, but I seriously doubt he's expecting an "unopened" price for it... He seems well aware of the potential value and the loss of the value that ties into opening the figure. I'd say it's more likely he told the story about why it's open to... I dunno... explain why he had an open variant? It adds a slight amount of legitimacy to the items where there have been more than one person scammed into buying fake rare variants. "This isn't open because it's fake - it's open because ..."

I don't know why he's selling the figure - at all. But, for those of you with kids, show them a picutre of the variant and the regular version. Then ask them "Would you rather have this one single-colored figure or this other, regular figure and 9-20 more figures?"

I'd almost bet most kids would opt for the second choice.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1095 Posted: 01:38:48 17/04/2014
Well, everything about ToyWiz is fail.

Yeah, ToyWiz prices are crazy. I'd understand if they stuck to rare toys, but they charge through the nose for current release toys.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#1096 Posted: 14:29:54 25/04/2014
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...em=111336240804

Am I missing something? Why is this price robbery? O.O
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:30:09 25/04/2014 by AzureStarline
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#1097 Posted: 01:40:11 26/04/2014
Quote: Judaschrist0240

not very expensive...
#1098 Posted: 01:44:32 26/04/2014

sooo..... my TRU has like, 5 more..... wow....
$10.00 (estimated $2.99 shiping) here i come.
I'm not a Scalper...
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:45:36 26/04/2014 by goldenrushducks
#1099 Posted: 16:09:56 26/04/2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item461ecfee23

these auctions may make you sad.
#1100 Posted: 02:09:48 29/04/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item461ecfee23

these auctions may make you sad.

it's really sad, indeed.
First | Previous | Page 22 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me