Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
Ebay Fails [CLOSED]
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#51 Posted: 11:26:23 09/01/2013
I hate the ones where they replace character heads with Angry birds one and expect $10.00 and up for it.
Really, I can do that myself, I don't even want to because it looks weird to me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:27:03 09/01/2013 by crystalhero37
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#52 Posted: 14:48:50 09/01/2013
Quote: crystalhero37
I hate the ones where they replace character heads with Angry birds one and expect $10.00 and up for it.
Really, I can do that myself, I don't even want to because it looks weird to me.

"Weird" is not the word I would use. In fact, I would get banned for the useful phrases I have for those people.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#53 Posted: 03:10:11 12/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mori-DogMovies

"Weird" is not the word I would use. In fact, I would get banned for the useful phrases I have for those people.

That made me lol. I agree they are pretty dumb. Kids and their angry birds.....

Here is another fail.... He has sold two already... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item35c32df0d8
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#54 Posted: 03:57:39 12/01/2013
He sold them for $50. Not every dang auction is a fail smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#55 Posted: 08:55:56 12/01/2013
Quote: Bazinga

Here is another fail.... He has sold two already... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item35c32df0d8

It's fun when YOU mod your skylanders with another head, ect, but yeah...some looks are not in everyone's taste.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#56 Posted: 09:30:25 12/01/2013

Atleast shipping is free smilie
#57 Posted: 12:31:02 12/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

I didn't see that. I find this buy it now price a bit much.

Here is another fail in a different way. You think this is why some people had problems getting their Battle Pack?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sk...=item35c3636bbc
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:51 13/01/2013 by Bazinga
#58 Posted: 08:01:14 13/01/2013

Here is another fail in a different way. You think this is why some people had problems getting their Battle Pack?

8O That seller should be reported!!! It's obvious they've taken whole shipments there or how else could they POSSIBLY get so many at once?! Sick Acti on them stat!
---
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#59 Posted: 08:52:08 13/01/2013
Quote: TheLurk

8O That seller should be reported!!! It's obvious they've taken whole shipments there or how else could they POSSIBLY get so many at once?! Sick Acti on them stat!

Why should they be reported? Did you know that the USA is a "free country"? Seriously some of the people on this board don't seem to understand this and they come off as very entitled. I applaud people for making money by (nearly) any means necessary. Who knows who is on the other end of an auction, it could be a kid selling a variant figure for $200 so they can go buy 20 skylanders instead of the 1 rare one they found. It could be somebody that is having trouble making ends meet even with a full time job and they need some extra cash.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
#60 Posted: 10:49:05 13/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: IWHBYD

Why should they be reported? Did you know that the USA is a "free country"? Seriously some of the people on this board don't seem to understand this and they come off as very entitled. I applaud people for making money by (nearly) any means necessary. Who knows who is on the other end of an auction, it could be a kid selling a variant figure for $200 so they can go buy 20 skylanders instead of the 1 rare one they found. It could be somebody that is having trouble making ends meet even with a full time job and they need some extra cash.

I see both sides of view on this one. However, we could have a couple of scenarios here. Either A) we have a thief at a Gamestop, smilie we have a scalper that went store hopping to get all of these, or C) He got really lucky and found some extra here.

I will stand by my statement from another thread. I get putting a little bit of a premium on stuff that is hard to find. Now this is a little crazy, people should just wait instead of feeding these scalpers.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#61 Posted: 19:17:44 13/01/2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=p2047675.l2557

Holy ****! This Chill sold! Whoever bought it is an idiot, no offense.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#62 Posted: 19:56:06 13/01/2013
Quote: Matteomax
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=p2047675.l2557

Holy ****! This Chill sold! Whoever bought it is an idiot, no offense.

Funny thing is, I saw one just like this shortly after Christmas. Whoever bought this has far more money than sense...
Offense intended.
Do whatever you want with your money, but think before you do something stupid. This isn't as rare as they're making it out to be.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
#63 Posted: 20:34:50 13/01/2013
Quote: IWHBYD

I see both sides of view on this one. However, we could have a couple of scenarios here. Either A) we have a thief at a Gamestop, smilie we have a scalper that went store hopping to get all of these, or C) He got really lucky and found some extra here.

I will stand by my statement from another thread. I get putting a little bit of a premium on stuff that is hard to find. Now this is a little crazy, people should just wait instead of feeding these scalpers.

^Option A is what I was thinking. That's why I suggested reporting. I can't think of any way they could've gotten so many so quickly without either stealing them outright or hiding them, buying them en mass and carting them home. Either way they probably violated GS policy. I am not an "entitled" person. I do not think having skylanders is a right, it's a paid priviledge. I just hate cheaters and scammers. I have this strong sense of justice and it goes nuts from things like this! I also understand wanting to make a profit and trying to stay afloat in this economy, but this is a children's game! When you go and hoard 20+ of the same thing, something you have no intention of using or keeping for a collection, but go around charging outragious prices for them from families that are counting every penny, that gets me. That REALLY gets me. You remember the amazon listings for Cynder at $100? Scalpers made Cynder REALLY hard to get for awhile there, so there were children that couldn't enjoy them. They weren't even rare. Scalpers are trying to make this pack rare now. They're making it harder for children to get and enjoy, and this forum as well. Of COURSE it's bad!! It also makes for a disgruntled gaming community. If you can't get the ones you want (that aren't rare), and something is taken away from your gaming experience that you say "Screw it! I'm done with this!", then how much do you wanna bet Acti and TFB will stop making it? After all, less interest=less profit. So yeah, it's not an entitlement issue. It's a basic decency and future of the game issue. I don't get all mad at how much an employee-exclusive varient is, or that I don't have access to it, do I? I wasn't even TRYING to find a rock varient and I got one from TRU.com. I was a little bummed at not getting the blue bash, but I can live with that.

I want to make this clear, so nobody misunderstands: I have no problem with people getting several of each for their collections. Collecting is fine. It's getting TONS of the same thing with the intent of reselling them for horrendous prices that I don't like. Just wanted to put this out there, as we have a fair few collectors on here and I didn't want them to think I was targetting them with my ire.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:22 17/01/2013 by TheLurk
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#64 Posted: 06:35:25 31/01/2013
This one is a little worse than normal: smilie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extrem...=item3f21aa6c8c
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
#65 Posted: 12:34:10 31/01/2013
Quote: DluA
This one is a little worse than normal: smilie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extrem...=item3f21aa6c8c

DATS A GOOD DEAL.. not.
---
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#66 Posted: 13:06:05 31/01/2013
I BID ON IT. not. i really want the ssa gitd figs.
RainMan Red Sparx Gems: 67
#67 Posted: 16:16:35 31/01/2013
One of the first things sold on ebay was a fart sealed in tupperware. It sold for several hundred dollars. You can sell anything on ebay lol.
---
My signature is like this because no matter what I put in it apparently it always violates website policy. Hopefully this is ok............................
#68 Posted: 16:24:26 31/01/2013
biggest ebay fail:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Real...=item3ca7e6bd24
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#69 Posted: 16:57:20 31/01/2013
^WHAT???
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
#70 Posted: 17:13:09 31/01/2013
Why does it matter what people spend their money on? If you post something on ebay it almost goes without saying that someone will bid on it. I don't know if they're just rich and have nothing else to do with their money or if they are lacking common sense. But who cares! It's their money so let them waste it on whatever they want. LoL
---
My signature is like this because no matter what I put in it apparently it always violates website policy. Hopefully this is ok............................
#71 Posted: 17:25:14 31/01/2013
Quote: Deadmau5 Fan 98
^WHAT???

It's a cow pie. smilie fertilizer.
#72 Posted: 19:41:24 31/01/2013
Quote: RainMan
One of the first things sold on ebay was a fart sealed in tupperware. It sold for several hundred dollars. You can sell anything on ebay lol.

The REAL first item was a broken laser pointer. It sold for $15..
---
#73 Posted: 22:21:36 31/01/2013

You did not READ my post correctly. I did not say it was THE FIRST. I said it was ONE OF THE FIRST. Reading can be fun. If you read something, read it fully before responding to it.
---
Sharkz2001 Green Sparx Gems: 493
#74 Posted: 22:25:18 31/01/2013
BURN!!!
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
#75 Posted: 23:33:44 31/01/2013

You did not READ my post correctly. I did not say it was THE FIRST. I said it was ONE OF THE FIRST. Reading can be fun. If you read something, read it fully before responding to it.

I know, I just wanted to point out another first item.
---
#76 Posted: 23:47:56 31/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Why does it matter what people spend their money on? If you post something on ebay it almost goes without saying that someone will bid on it. I don't know if they're just rich and have nothing else to do with their money or if they are lacking common sense. But who cares! It's their money so let them waste it on whatever they want. LoL

Rainman, I agree with your statement that people should be able to spend their money on what they want (legal stuff). However, the issue that most people and I take is to the people who buy 55 Hot Dog Battlepacks or 55 Thumpbacks and Eye Brawls and sell them for 50ish bucks. The issue that I take with it is I am a grown man and I can wait. However, some kid doesn't understand that. Which will make it very hard for people to find him. I have said in other threads that it is not only the scalpers that deserve blame in this. The people who buy it, and Activision all have a part in this.
#77 Posted: 23:53:44 31/01/2013
I just recently bought a "non" fail off of eBay: Gliter Hot Head for $90! Goes to show that you can still snag things for cheaper. There are actually 3 more in stock as of now! Along with the other Glitters for $65!
---
#78 Posted: 00:48:37 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow.... If I had any money at all, I would snag one of those.
#79 Posted: 02:06:33 01/02/2013
I JUST WANT GITD VARIENTS. Looks like ill be paying $190 for them.........
#80 Posted: 05:13:00 01/02/2013

Rainman, I agree with your statement that people should be able to spend their money on what they want (legal stuff). However, the issue that most people and I take is to the people who buy 55 Hot Dog Battlepacks or 55 Thumpbacks and Eye Brawls and sell them for 50ish bucks. The issue that I take with it is I am a grown man and I can wait. However, some kid doesn't understand that. Which will make it very hard for people to find him. I have said in other threads that it is not only the scalpers that deserve blame in this. The people who buy it, and Activision all have a part in this.

I agree with you on that. I think scalping is low, especially when it's something that a kid would want and the person buying it only has the intention of hording them and reselling to make a profit. What I meant earlier was who cares about some of the useless random things people sell on ebay and always seem to find a buyer for it. It is funny however to see some of the things that sell and how much someone was willing to buy it for.
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#81 Posted: 07:12:29 01/02/2013
Is this for real???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item4d087ce00d
My Swarm has clear wings. I have never seen any colored wings.
Do I have a variant?
#82 Posted: 12:53:39 01/02/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
Is this for real???
Do I have a variant?

It's just the stock photo. You can't really tell anything from that pic.
---
#83 Posted: 13:52:45 01/02/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
Is this for real???
Do I have a variant?

Nope, the seller is VERY sadly mistaken.
---
#84 Posted: 08:59:09 02/02/2013
To be honest, I wouldn't pay over retail for a skylander. In my opinion.
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#85 Posted: 09:09:45 02/02/2013
Quote: Deadmau5 Fan 98
To be honest, I wouldn't pay over retail for a skylander. In my opinion.

I have but only ones that aren't available in Australia. I imported the side kicks and Royal double trouble. Paid a fair amount for them but I made a big chunk of it back by flipping a few darklight crypts.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#86 Posted: 19:53:00 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I have also paid over retail for some. Mostly ones that I would never have gotten on my own. I try and play it right however, wait after they first come out, but not to long so they start to go back up in price.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#87 Posted: 20:27:54 02/02/2013
I just recently bought a "non" fail off of eBay: Gliter Hot Head for $90! Goes to show that you can still snag things for cheaper. There are actually 3 more in stock as of now! Along with the other Glitters for $65!

Is this the same person offering them as pre-orders?
#88 Posted: 00:30:19 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
What are your thoughts on this, mine it is a bit too expensive....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultima...=item337f950c9f
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#89 Posted: 00:49:10 03/02/2013
The dummies who put up Chill still amuse me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item1c2fc9911f
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-...=item2579bcac4f
The second one has offers... I wonder how much, $10 and $10.01 maybe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-S...=item1c2fcc02d5
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:56 03/02/2013 by mario7604
#90 Posted: 01:07:32 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
The one with all of the giants.... Really? Why would you buy all of those just to throw on ebay. I hate those type of people.
#91 Posted: 01:23:35 03/02/2013
^ This.....
---
#92 Posted: 02:45:07 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I only buy what I need when it comes to skylanders, or if I find a variant I will pick it up. When people do this it is just sickening as it makes it so hard for others to find them. Also, on the same token who would dumb enough to buy 7 of each at an inflated price.
#93 Posted: 02:49:12 03/02/2013
I remember the Rock Zook at Walmart fiasco fondly..

It was me vs. Scalper vs. little girl
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:40 03/02/2013 by Matteomax
#94 Posted: 02:53:00 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
You mean little girl vs. Scalper? smilie
#95 Posted: 03:05:23 03/02/2013
Here's what happened:

I rushed in, with the scalper hot on my tail. I start grabbing the NewLanders and Giants. I pull out a Rock Zook. Mr. Scapler rips it out of my hands, and stuffs it in his basket, along with 5 of each starter and booster pack. Little girl shows up holding the last Crusher in stock. He grabs it from her.

BUT I come back a few hours later and snag another Rock Zook.
---
#96 Posted: 03:18:28 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I bet he was sorry for buying all of those starter and booster packs. I went to my wal-mart and they handed them out at the back counter the day they came out. I got them all, only bad thing was I didn't get to see if they had any variants.
#97 Posted: 03:20:37 03/02/2013
Nope, he was probably pissed off as he saw the price for all the figures dropped drastically.
---
#98 Posted: 03:39:45 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I don't get people like that. I think that guy with the 7 Eyebrawls and Thumpback is going to have to relist his.

Here is a new fail for everyone....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item3f1eb9f787
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:29:09 03/02/2013 by Bazinga
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#99 Posted: 06:12:52 03/02/2013
112 views!!!! Whhhaaatttt????
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
#100 Posted: 08:39:43 03/02/2013
999 dollars for a regular CRUSHER??!!! I hate scalpers.
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
First | Page 2 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me