Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21
Skylanders in Canada [CLOSED]
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#1 Posted: 22:34:04 01/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello Fellow Canadian skylander hunters!!! I thought i would post this topic so us Canadians know when and were skylander waves are appearing. So far i have only seen Waves 1 and 2 around Oshawa. Whitby TRU still have tons of legendary stealth elf's and also have hot head more consistantly know.And there are literaly hundreds of GLID Sonic Booms at walmart

If ne1 has seen wave 3 figs in Canada please post Hopfully will be seeing them shortly,

Happy Hunting :-)
triptronix Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#2 Posted: 02:05:35 02/01/2013
I held off on hunting until 12/31/2012 thinking that the wave 3 series would be out on the shelves but all I found were a few wave 1 and 2 characters here and there, also no giants left at all, not even a swarm. I visited all the TRUs/ebgames stores/walmarts in the richmond hill/markham area and asked when they expect to receive the next wave/shipment and no one knows.

I went out again today with the kids (Vaughan mills/Square one) I only found the usually wave 1/2 no wave 3 characters, again no confirmed date for the next shipment and the common response was "we only get what activision sends us"? What a bunch of lies!!!

I am probably going to try evil bay for the hot dog/zapp/scorpion battle back (the kids keep bugging me for this one). I will head out that weekend and see what I find

Happy New Year!
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#3 Posted: 05:25:00 02/01/2013
No confirmed date from anyone...

I posted in another thread though I was given a guess at about the 3rd week of Jan. from an employee at Toys R Us in Mississauga.
---
Collection List and image
#4 Posted: 06:13:26 02/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I know i hate that to you would think they would know more about the release dates since they get harassed by like hundreds of people at a time why doesnt activision give the stores more info?

Hopefully we will be seeing some new figs soon. I havent played skylanders since the release of hot head.I have to wait and beat the game with all the figs or at least all the giants. it's killing me :-)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:21:23 02/01/2013 by joseph235
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#5 Posted: 01:25:51 03/01/2013
I just came back from st.laurant center in Ottawa,On. and I picked up eruptor s2, stealth elf s2, and lightning rod s2, they also had singles of cynder but no lc shroom booms and no s2 prism breaks.

I then checked best buy near there and they only had 3packs and singles of s2 double trouble, so I went and checked the toys r us on merivale and they had singles of cynder and some older singles some 3packs, and lots of swarm.

I asked the guy at the 1st toys r us when I was there if they had any lc shrooms and he said no they didnt get any, and he seemed to know because he was talking to me about just getting s2 lightning rod himself and how his fav was pop fizz.
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#6 Posted: 01:29:30 03/01/2013
went to tru today, had all five of the wave 3 series 2s, i didnt buy any though
---
Green Bean Machine
#7 Posted: 04:58:54 03/01/2013 | Topic Creator
WOOOHOOO

Thanks for the update

i'm gonna check my TRU tomorrow
I'll let u guys know what i find

Good Hunting Guys :-)
#8 Posted: 14:02:11 03/01/2013
Nice...

I will check out Richmond Hill TRU and the one at Markville mall after work today. Hopefully I will find wave 3 S2 stocked up. I will report back in later tonight

Cheers
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#9 Posted: 17:18:56 03/01/2013
In Calgary AB Walmart was completly out of Skylanders smilie
Oh and dus you kniw that Superstore and Some shoppers drug marts sell Skylanders now?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:20 03/01/2013 by Mr-McChicken22
#10 Posted: 00:25:54 04/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Looks like Whitby TRU got some wave 3 in but the only one they had left was Reg stealth elf. So i picked her up.

Does ne1 know which Giant is coming out next?
#11 Posted: 02:22:34 04/01/2013
So I checked out TRU/Ebgames in the richmond hill/markham area = bone dry nothing except for spyro adv. characters (hex and chop chop). Ebgames at markville mall was expecting a shipment today but they were not sure if it was a wave 1/2 or 3 characters. No date for the new giants and they are not taking preorders

Ebgames on highway 7 and woodbine just had the wave 1/2 battle pack no new wave 3 characters

Ebgames on Elgin Mills was completely cleared out

Bestbuy and walmart at markville mall was completely cleared out

I think its a going to be a game of stock and demand now

I will give it a few days and go out again. I will post back my findings
#12 Posted: 03:48:06 05/01/2013
I think the next giant to be released will be Thumpback.

The walmart on 16th and Coppercreek had some wave 3 in stock

S2 Stealth Elf (5 in stock)/S2 Prism break (2 in stock) S2 Eruptor(1 in stock)/Single pack Cynder (6+ in stock) as of 9:55pm EST

They also had a S2 Lightning Rod which I picked up

no Giants and no LC shroomboom
Pigfoot Red Sparx Gems: 87
#13 Posted: 03:51:41 05/01/2013
DARKSPYRO UNDER ATTACK
YOUR COMPUTER IS AT RISK
GO TO SETTINGS, CLICK DO NOT ALLOW MULTIPLE LOGINS

The elder users will explain everything AFTER. Log off NOW or help others.
---
CLICK ON DO NOT ALLOW MULTIPLE LOGINS
#14 Posted: 04:24:15 05/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Sweet thanks for the info triptronix :-)
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#15 Posted: 04:31:55 05/01/2013
I don't live in Canada, but it appears that gamestop has updated their website to show Thumpback and Eye Brawl packaging on their web site. We don't have any concrete proof that they are coming out or a date but it appears that they are coming out next.

Someone has and Eye Brawl in hand and trying to sell it on ebay but, they put it up and is taken down almost right away. I think Activision and/or TFB get word of this and send them a nastygram telling them to stop trying to sell it.

I have also seen on ebay that the rumored release dates of these in the USA are anywhere from Jan 9th to come out with Zap and Hot Dog all they way out to mid to late February. So no one really knows! smilie
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#16 Posted: 20:13:11 06/01/2013
Has anyone seen Lightcore Shroomboom yet in Canada?
#17 Posted: 04:03:49 08/01/2013 | Topic Creator
No i havent seen LC Shroomboom newhere yet.

Has anyone in Canada find the new scorpion battle pack yet?
#18 Posted: 15:33:36 08/01/2013
the date release was pushed back 1 day from Weds to Thurs this week based on GAMESTOP US website. All the EBGames/Gamestops in the richmond hill/markham area do not having anything in the computer systems regarding the scoripion striker pack. Luckily i am off this Friday and doing the hunting thing, already planned my route. Also I was told that only the Gamestop stores will be getting the battle pack this week and the remaining EBgames stores later in the month. I still need to confirm this (probably just a rumour). I will repeat back at 1:00pm today
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:29 08/01/2013 by triptronix
#19 Posted: 19:16:00 08/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I think i will check my ebgames friday aswell

Thanks for the info
#20 Posted: 21:22:24 08/01/2013
Sorry for the delay guys/gals (work comes first)

ok so i called the surrounding ebgames/gamestops again in the richmond hill/markham area and this time also scarborough (morningside and kingston area)

no word yet on the battle pack/no system info/no product sku, it cant be an exclusive to US GAMESTOPS only could it? I have already read in another post multiple gamestops in the US have all the preorders accounted for and expect stock again in the next day or so
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:27 08/01/2013 by triptronix
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#21 Posted: 21:35:37 08/01/2013
Quote: triptronix
Sorry for the delay guys/gals (work comes first)

ok so i called the surrounding ebgames/gamestops again in the richmond hill/markham area and this time also scarborough (morningside and kingston area)

no word yet on the battle pack/no system info/no product sku, it cant be an exclusive to US GAMESTOPS only could it? I have already read in another post multiple gamestops in the US have all the preorders accounted for and expect stock again in the next day or so

im guessing it will be at ebgames as well, but probably a couple weeks after the US
---
Green Bean Machine
#22 Posted: 00:39:40 09/01/2013
I am thinking we wont see any new battle packs until mid Jan 2013 and probably new giants near the end of the month early Feb 2013.

I wouldnt be surprised if TRU/Walmart/BB/FS end up getting the battle pack and new giants before EBgames does since they are the only ones getting stock at the moment
#23 Posted: 05:38:48 09/01/2013 | Topic Creator
yeah that's true i went to my ebgames and they dident have a single skylander figure. But TRU and walmart have been getting in new stock my ebgames still doesnt have hot head yet and he's been out for what 2 months now? Talk about being behind.

I hope it's not just US gamestops i'm still gonna go friday and check u never know

thanks again triptronix for hunting down the info very helpful
#24 Posted: 18:37:04 09/01/2013
ok so other members with preorders are confirming that they are receiving text msgs/phonecalls from GAMESTOP US telling them the scorpion stricker battle pack will be available for pick up Friday afternoon. Also I am hearing rumours of eye brawl and thumpback being released sometime next week Jan 16/18(not exclusive to EBGAMES/GAMESTOP stores)

Walmart.com already has the figures up on the their website
Wisewizard41 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1114
#25 Posted: 01:44:21 11/01/2013
My post right now is a question, not a confirmation just to clear it up.
Anyways, my question is if Wave 3/3.5 for Canada is coming on the 16th? I have heard many rumors, although they may not be true. If not, I'm thinking it'll come a few weeks after the U.S?
---
The way of the dragon, is the way of the heart.
#26 Posted: 04:10:48 11/01/2013
Wisewizard wave 3 is already in stores at TRU/Walmart and select EBGAMES except no sighting of LC shroomboom as of yet the other S2 figures i have seen (actually today at VaughanMills EBGAMES had S2 cynder/S2 stealth elf/S2 eruptor/S2 prism break. Wave 3.5 scorpion stricker is supposedly coming out tomorrow jan 11 and the new giants eye brawl/thumpback into early next week. There is a post indicating that TRU will be getting a special skylanders shipment which will include molten hotdog singles /eye brawl and thumpback in limited quantity this Sunday Jan 13th. Poster indicates that an employee in the gaming dept leaked that information to him today (i dont believe it but i still would like to see if its true or not)

BTW i went around to the surrounding EBGAMES in my area and they say they should be receiving a shipment of skylanders tomorrow but no confirmation of which wave. I was thinking of calling them again tomorrow to confirm this when they open but I rather ask them in person
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:15:42 11/01/2013 by triptronix
Wisewizard41 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1114
#27 Posted: 05:25:11 11/01/2013
Wisewizard wave 3 is already in stores at TRU/Walmart and select EBGAMES except no sighting of LC shroomboom as of yet the other S2 figures i have seen (actually today at VaughanMills EBGAMES had S2 cynder/S2 stealth elf/S2 eruptor/S2 prism break. Wave 3.5 scorpion stricker is supposedly coming out tomorrow jan 11 and the new giants eye brawl/thumpback into early next week. There is a post indicating that TRU will be getting a special skylanders shipment which will include molten hotdog singles /eye brawl and thumpback in limited quantity this Sunday Jan 13th. Poster indicates that an employee in the gaming dept leaked that information to him today (i dont believe it but i still would like to see if its true or not)

BTW i went around to the surrounding EBGAMES in my area and they say they should be receiving a shipment of skylanders tomorrow but no confirmation of which wave. I was thinking of calling them again tomorrow to confirm this when they open but I rather ask them in person

Thanks for clearing that up. And when I said Wave 3, I meant the wave with Thumpback etc. Sorry about the confusion ;)
---
The way of the dragon, is the way of the heart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:25:27 11/01/2013 by Wisewizard41
#28 Posted: 05:34:12 11/01/2013
My Aunt went to TRU and they said that they will be getting the new skylanders next week... Not sure what they mean by 'new'
#29 Posted: 22:53:17 11/01/2013
Ok so today was a complete waste of time and 1 vacation day. I called every ebgames/gamestop in the GTA and no one received the scorpion stricker battle pack no one! They all tell me it should be coming in early next week and the new giants will be following a week after. It sucks that all the US members have it, we will just need to wait again... I assume the TRU sunday thing I mentioned in my previous post is US only as well. I dont remember things being so crazy and limited since the SF2 days with SNES

The kids are so sad ....
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#30 Posted: 05:11:59 12/01/2013
Nothing here in Richmond hill and Markham area. BTW did you know Costco sells skylanders at a cheaper price?
Newlander,s2: Never seen one in Costco so my guess is 7.99$
Lc: 9.99$
Giants: 12.99$
3 packs or battle packs: 21.99$
Got hot head and crusher at Costco and saw no wave 3s anywhere in Richmond hill and Markham area though markville tru said they will be getting new stock mid-January but not sure if wave 3 is included.
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#31 Posted: 13:44:30 12/01/2013
Question: Where in Costco did you find the skylanders?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#32 Posted: 14:42:11 12/01/2013
Every Toys R Us I go to has a ridiculous amount of Dragonfire Cannons, S2 Whirlwinds, and S1 Drobots. Surprisingly I found lots of EOI adventure packs as well. But my goodness, I'm not looking for these, I'm looking for the Legendary Triple Pack! AAARRRGGHH!

And, zookinator, I've found and bought Skylanders at Costco as well, they're in the games section, and for reduced prices too!
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
ali117major Blue Sparx Gems: 571
#33 Posted: 14:51:48 12/01/2013
i live in montreal canada and my ebgames on boulevard Henri-Bourrassa has nothing but i will go check today and take some pics ok smilie
---
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG- ali117major : 11063G, full of games and BADASS!!! HALO 4 IS THE BEST GAME EVAR WOOT WOOT!!!!!!
#34 Posted: 15:38:42 12/01/2013
Quote: zookinator
Question: Where in Costco did you find the skylanders?

Elgins Mill/Highway 7/14th Markham Costco have skylanders in the video gaming isle (not much selection)
#35 Posted: 16:36:28 12/01/2013
Costco also has them in Calgary AB. So does Superstore.
#36 Posted: 17:01:11 12/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I went to my TRU in Whitby they dident have a single character on the shelf and i mean not 1 either there getting ready to put up the new waves or there completly sold out still i still found it weird that the skylander area dident have 1 single solitary figure hopfully that's a good sign :-)
I was gonna ask the employee but they were really busy

Will let u know as soon a si see or hear nething

Looks like darkspyro has updated the wave 3 figs hopfully we'll see eye Brawl and thumpwhack by the end of the month fingers crossed LOL

Good luck fellow canadian skylander hunters
And thanks to all who have been giving info and tips on these elusive things. why don't Toys for bob give stores a exact date on when the new figs r arriving? i mean when u pre ordrer a video game they tell u. I just find it very weird and annoying especially when Canadians release dates for the figs varies sometimes we get them when the states do but most of the time it's a month till we see what everyone in the US is already playing with Just jealous i guess :-)
Later
Granite Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 386
#37 Posted: 17:12:19 12/01/2013
Found Series 2 Stealth Elf, series 2 Lightning rod, Series 2 Eruptor, Series 2 Prism Break, Series 2 Cynder at Microplay & Walmart. Québec (CANADA).
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spoutnik Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#38 Posted: 20:30:10 12/01/2013
Montréal (Anjou), saturday afternoon:

TRU: 1x cannon pack and 0 Skylanders
Bestbuy: 3x wirlwind serie 1. Otherwise completely empty
EB Games: at least they have a few Skylanders, triple packs, series 1 and 2 but nothing newer than wath was available before xmas.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#39 Posted: 23:27:45 12/01/2013
Went to silver linden and high tech tru and the employee said wave 3 was in stock yesterday! I asked him which ones and he said" I only remember hot dog" is that a bit strange? And all of that was sold out. Only wave 1 and 2 stuff left
---
#40 Posted: 01:55:25 13/01/2013
hey SPOUTNIK finally someone from montreal + you went to ANJOU smilie its like carefour laval but in anjou!!! theres a big toysrus there smilie we should go buy skylanders together *doing awesome face*
---
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG- ali117major : 11063G, full of games and BADASS!!! HALO 4 IS THE BEST GAME EVAR WOOT WOOT!!!!!!
#41 Posted: 04:22:09 13/01/2013
Quote: boomer has it
Went to silver linden and high tech tru and the employee said wave 3 was in stock yesterday! I asked him which ones and he said" I only remember hot dog" is that a bit strange? And all of that was sold out. Only wave 1 and 2 stuff left

That is strange.... I was there right at opening yesterday morning at 10:00am and they had nothing. The employee working said that there were not receiving anything until next week. I also waited around thinking that they may put out something. The only rare) find was 1 hot head I found behind a bunch of swarms which i pointed out to a young SL fan, boy he was so excited he forgot to even say thanks. The only thing would make sense is if the Jan 13 surprise release at TRU is including Canada?
#42 Posted: 04:43:55 13/01/2013

That is strange.... I was there right at opening yesterday morning at 10:00am and they had nothing. The employee working said that there were not receiving anything until next week. I also waited around thinking that they may put out something. The only rare) find was 1 hot head I found behind a bunch of swarms which i pointed out to a young SL fan, boy he was so excited he forgot to even say thanks. The only thing would make sense is if the Jan 13 surprise release at TRU is including Canada?

Maybe he was lying?
---
#43 Posted: 23:09:15 13/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Went to TRU in whitby today still not a single character LOL this is weird. And walmart only had a couple of GITD sonic booms
Hopefully something will be coming in next week.

Glad to hear at least some people are having some luck
#44 Posted: 23:26:00 14/01/2013
So Sunday i went to TRU at markville mall/High tech in richmond hill and they were cleaned out of the wave 3 characters (bare shelves everywhere)

Today I visted a few ebgames and was told they should be receiving some skylanders this week but they dont know if its the new SS battle pack or a restock of wave 1 through 3. I also there are postings that the west coast US is already swimming with thumpbacks/eye brawls and overstocks of the SS battle pack. Damn it, send some our way!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:22 15/01/2013 by triptronix
#45 Posted: 02:48:49 15/01/2013
@ triptronix
Today I was at markville tru and found FULL shelves of skylanders including wave 3 but bought smilie though because I could only get 1 over s2 smilie. No eye-brawl or thumpy though
---
#46 Posted: 03:02:59 15/01/2013
cool guys thx for the info
---
punkyhunky Green Sparx Gems: 130
#47 Posted: 16:58:41 15/01/2013
@ triptronix
Today I was at markville tru and found FULL shelves of skylanders including wave 3 but bought smilie though because I could only get 1 over s2 smilie. No eye-brawl or thumpy though

Hi!

New poster here. My son just got into Skylanders so I've joined this board hoping to be able to learn more about it. Anyways. thanks for the update! Went to Markville TRU this morning and picked up Hot Head. Then went over to Cedarbrae and got Crusher. These were the 2 that my son has been hounding me about so thanks! They had lots of Hot Heads left at Cedarbrae but I got the last Crusher.

Also I plan to join the hunt to will post here my findings! Looking forward to getting Eye Brawl and Thumpback.
#48 Posted: 17:47:19 15/01/2013
I called the ebgames on highway 7/woodbine and major mac/markham road ( they both told me last week they will be receiving a shipment of skylanders today

ebgames highway 7 did not receive a thing
ebgames mm/markham road only received wave 1/2 giants (bouncer/swarm/hothead)

nothing else expected to be coming in this week (boooo!)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:04 15/01/2013 by triptronix
#49 Posted: 20:41:07 15/01/2013
Quote: punkyhunky
@ triptronix

Hi!

New poster here. My son just got into Skylanders so I've joined this board hoping to be able to learn more about it. Anyways. thanks for the update! Went to Markville TRU this morning and picked up Hot Head. Then went over to Cedarbrae and got Crusher. These were the 2 that my son has been hounding me about so thanks! They had lots of Hot Heads left at Cedarbrae but I got the last Crusher.

Also I plan to join the hunt to will post here my findings! Looking forward to getting Eye Brawl and Thumpback.

Your welcome and enjoy your stay at smilie!
---
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#50 Posted: 21:19:14 16/01/2013
I checked my local TRU, two EB, and Walmart. Nothing new except a few single Stealth Elf at TRU.
Page 1 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me