Page 1 of 1
Luck-O-Tron Wheel Explanation [CLOSED]
Drill_Sergeant Blue Sparx Gems: 520
#1 Posted: 03:08:19 01/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Can anyone explain to me what the Luck-O-Tron wheel is or what it does?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 03:11:45 01/01/2013
Basically, there's 16 wheels spread out in each of the levels. The machine in Callie's cabin (weird that they'd stick it in there...) has one bulb that you can plug a gear into. The other 3 are purchasable from Auric on various levels.

Each one represents something: Power, Health, Wealth and Experience. When you have more on there of a certain type, it increases the chance of you having that happen. (ie, if you plug in 4 "Wealth" wheels, then you'll get more treasure from enemies and the possibility of a "critical" pop, which means you get DOUBLE the amount of gold from a treasure. Conversely, if you plug in 4 "Experience" wheels, you'll get more EXP from enemies)

There's really not that huge of a difference from what I've seen though. The Wealth helps a bit to get more critical pops, but it doesn't happen every single time.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#3 Posted: 04:52:20 01/01/2013
Full on XP and Wealth does take a load of grinding off your to do list
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#4 Posted: 21:45:54 01/01/2013
1: Like your avatar jack, go Batman!
2: Never explained the Luck-o-tron in the game, did they?
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
Uziumi Red Sparx Gems: 90
#5 Posted: 22:42:03 01/01/2013
Pretty much if you have a decent amount of Skylanders and have all 4 into EXP, you can grind from level 1 to 15 within I would guess 15 minutes (on Chapter 15).
Same for Money, 4 of the Lucks on Wealth and using the Money Trick on the Cash items on the Airship at the end of the game, you can get 65000 on your Skylander within 8 tries if very lucky. Maybe even less.

And for power, all 4 in power you will get a lot of criticals and extra damage done making the game very easy to rush through on Easy to Hard and make it a lot more tolerable on Kaos Mode.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#6 Posted: 23:01:48 01/01/2013
Yeah, when I'm grinding my characters. I put the wealth wheels on when maxing out treasure, and experience wheels on when maxing out levels. And I usually do the heroics with experience wheels on so I can try to knock out more than one bird with one stone.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 00:52:24 02/01/2013
Quote: Uziumi
Pretty much if you have a decent amount of Skylanders and have all 4 into EXP, you can grind from level 1 to 15 within I would guess 15 minutes (on Chapter 15).
Same for Money, 4 of the Lucks on Wealth and using the Money Trick on the Cash items on the Airship at the end of the game, you can get 65000 on your Skylander within 8 tries if very lucky. Maybe even less.

And for power, all 4 in power you will get a lot of criticals and extra damage done making the game very easy to rush through on Easy to Hard and make it a lot more tolerable on Kaos Mode.

what money trick???...
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#8 Posted: 01:03:29 02/01/2013
Quote: kappapopm
Quote: Uziumi

what money trick???...

When you beat Kaos and you go to the Crain deck the their is more treasure. If you hard quit the game after you collect it, eithe by the PS button on the PS3 or by shutting system completely off the money will still be their. Just make sure you don't zone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:49 02/01/2013 by Bazinga
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#9 Posted: 01:43:30 02/01/2013
I would actually do the Wheels of Wealth on Chapter 16. You usually get 3000 loot with the 4 wheels of wealth.
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#10 Posted: 03:47:09 02/01/2013
Quote: milton310
I would actually do the Wheels of Wealth on Chapter 16. You usually get 3000 loot with the 4 wheels of wealth.

with all 4 wheels, the money trick gets me about 9,000 treasure in about 3 seconds.

Seriously, i still can't believe there are people that don't know this trick, even though they browse this forum every day.
#11 Posted: 03:52:25 02/01/2013
Quote: riverhippo
Quote: milton310

with all 4 wheels, the money trick gets me about 9,000 treasure in about 3 seconds.

Seriously, i still can't believe there are people that don't know this trick, even though they browse this forum every day.

Worse is I knew about the trick before I discovered this forum.
#12 Posted: 04:12:31 02/01/2013
Alright guys.

Everyone gather around.

I found a video to explain.

*makes popcorn for everyone*
#13 Posted: 13:14:55 02/01/2013
okay i get it now.. its the 'cheat-o-tron wheels'... i didn't even bother with the wheels at all, i did two play through one at easy other at nightmare.. and survived both just fine.
#14 Posted: 13:21:14 02/01/2013
Alright guys.

Everyone gather around.

just awesome to come with this tips now... when i collected ALL THE BUTTERFLIES...
#15 Posted: 14:56:37 02/01/2013

just awesome to come with this tips now... when i collected ALL THE BUTTERFLIES...

some of the prices auric has for some of the stuff is pretty pricey, and blue sapphires don't count towards discounts on those items, i believe.
#16 Posted: 15:31:14 02/01/2013

some of the prices auric has for some of the stuff is pretty pricey, and blue sapphires don't count towards discounts on those items, i believe.

of course not, you only get 2% discount, even after you have collected 20 butterflies.... its totally pointless, in ssa there was a point collecting them, you actually got the warez cheaper.. but i guess they want you to grind and grind and grind all the 100 skylanders, so they can justify their six our worth of game play in the 16 level of sg...
#17 Posted: 17:22:54 02/01/2013

of course not, you only get 2% discount, even after you have collected 20 butterflies.... its totally pointless, in ssa there was a point collecting them, you actually got the warez cheaper.. but i guess they want you to grind and grind and grind all the 100 skylanders, so they can justify their six our worth of game play in the 16 level of sg...

20 by 2 is 40% off though.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#18 Posted: 18:40:59 02/01/2013
Alright guys.

Everyone gather around.

So how would you do the whole "copy save file" stuff on the PS3?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#19 Posted: 22:15:43 02/01/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor

So how would you do the whole "copy save file" stuff on the PS3?

You'll need a flash drive. Put it in one of your USB ports.

Now go to the game section on the PS3 home menu. As you scroll, you'll see a few options, most notably for our purposes, there is a "Game Data Utility" and a "Saved Data Utility" option. Game Data Utility refers to files that are put onto the console either via disc or internet in which updates for games and background data are kept in order to keep the game running as smoothly as it should. This is commonly left alone unless there is a problem with the game that requires you to replace this. So this is not what we need to mess with. Instead, go to "Saved Data Utility" and you will see a list of all saved data for all your games. Highlight Skylanders Giants (You may have more than one file. If you do, try to figure out which one is the one you are trying to copy. They should have a slot number or something). Once highlighted, press triangle, and select 'copy'. When selecting a destination for the copy, go to the USB option. It will usually show the name of the flash drive, or something like that. Then just press 'X'. And thats it. A copy of the file will remain on the console.

When you need to bring your backup file to the console, simply delete the unwanted file on the console, and copy the file from the USB option under the same section.

This should work for any Xbox 360 users too. As for Wii users... well. You can do it too, but involves having to use an SD card instead of a USB flashdrive, which is a pain in the butt.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:31 02/01/2013 by riverhippo
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me