Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread
First | Previous | Page 12 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21
Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#551 Posted: 17:46:24 16/05/2015
When does the comic come out? the 20th, right? Hopefully it'll be on Kindle. I have no idea why Part 1 of RoTDK isn't on Kindle.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#552 Posted: 17:52:20 16/05/2015 | Topic Creator
It's currently set for online at the moment.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#553 Posted: 17:54:05 16/05/2015
Quote: Aura24
It's currently set for online at the moment.

Mind throwing me a link to the page?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#554 Posted: 18:02:50 16/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry, I meant the Kindle edition isn't up but there are preorders of the digital copy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#555 Posted: 18:07:09 16/05/2015
UUUGGHHH! DAMMIT ACTIVISION!
---
#556 Posted: 18:16:26 16/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Try other sources other than Kindle.
---
#557 Posted: 18:23:53 16/05/2015
I can't. Money is tight.
---
#558 Posted: 20:08:15 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Skylanders: Flight and Fight children's book is out today~

And tomorrow is the Malefor comic finale~
---
#559 Posted: 20:13:22 19/05/2015
Ohh gosh. There better be a Kindle release....
---
#560 Posted: 20:22:55 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
If not, you can always buy a physical copy at your comic book store, or buy the book online and read it on the site you bought it from. smilie
---
#561 Posted: 20:28:23 19/05/2015
If not, you can always buy a physical copy at your comic book store, or buy the book online and read it on the site you bought it from. smilie

Not many comic book stores around me, Like one, but I doubt they'll have them. I'll check barnes and nobel soon. As for online stores, I rather not do that. Amazon Kindle is best right now.

ANY sign of it being on Kindle though?
---
#562 Posted: 20:29:13 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Nope, no sign of it.
---
#563 Posted: 20:31:08 19/05/2015
Nope, no sign of it.

ACTI BETTER HAVE IT UP BY TOMORROW! THIS IS UNFAIR!
---
#564 Posted: 20:37:45 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Activision isn't in charge of posting up the books, it's usually the authors or publishers like IDW.
---
#565 Posted: 20:43:59 19/05/2015
Activision isn't in charge of posting up the books, it's usually the authors or publishers like IDW.

DAMMIT IDW THEN!
---
#566 Posted: 05:59:44 20/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Issue 9 is now out, ending the Malefor arc.

Pfft, Malefor pleading to Calliope to help him. So much for the Undead Dragon King X3
And interesting, Malefor claims that he and Spyro have fought before...
---
#567 Posted: 12:35:23 20/05/2015
IS THERE A KINDLE VERSION OUT NOW?!?!?

Also

Spyro did, with Cynder didn't he?
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#568 Posted: 13:34:02 20/05/2015
Great ending!

I admit it was kinda... Sad for him to pray Calliope for help.
As Aura said the great Undead Dragon King wasn't that might without the Skylanders' power, after all. smilie

And also what a terrible end... Who knows what's under the Skylands at the bottom of that seemingly endless abyss...?

That Eon's line was quite interesting.
Maybe Spyro and Cynder ARE the ones from the LoS saga since Avalar is also mentioned in Spyro's backstory?
They could have simply forgot almost everything.
After all we see a some floating islands at the end of Dawn of the Dragon, isn't it...?

Mmmmmhhhh...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#569 Posted: 13:40:10 20/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Great ending!

As Aura said the great Undead Dragon King wasn't that might without the Skylanders' power, after all. smilie

And also what a terrible end... Who knows what's under the Skylands at the bottom of that seemingly endless abyss...?

Maybe Spyro and Cynder ARE the ones from the LoS saga since Avalar is also mentioned in Spyro's backstory?
After all we see a some floating islands at the end of Dawn of the Dragon, isn't it...?

Mmmmmhhhh...

NO! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SPYRO AND CYNDER! I GUARANTEE YOU! WE DON'T NEED PEOPLE THINKING THAT!

UGH! Where is the kindle version? It's my best way to get the comic and I'd rather not use another site to get it.

This is bull. ;-;
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:44:47 20/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#570 Posted: 14:05:09 20/05/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Great ending!

Mmmmmhhhh...

NO! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SPYRO AND CYNDER! I GUARANTEE YOU! WE DON'T NEED PEOPLE THINKING THAT!

UGH! Where is the kindle version? It's my best way to get the comic and I'd rather not use another site to get it.

This is bull. ;-;

Comixology is a great way to read the comics! smilie

I don't see the problem.

Spyro already got two restylings (three if you also count his DotD teen look) but they all worked because they were part of a compelling universe and story.

I wouldn't be shocked if that turned out to be true just as I wasn't shocked with the TloS reboot.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:55 20/05/2015 by Drek95
#571 Posted: 14:11:08 20/05/2015
Great ending!

Mmmmmhhhh...

This is bull. ;-;

Comixology is a great way to read the comics! smilie

I don't see the problem.

Spyro already got two restylings (three if you also count his DotD teen look) but they all worked because they were part of a compelling universe and story.

I wouldn't be shocked if that turned out to be true just as I wasn't shocked with the TloS reboot.

It's clearly a different universe. Spyro looks different and sounds different and is likely younger. Same with Cynder. How come Sparx doesn't talk then? I just have LoS ESPECIALLY DoTD. I don't want any connections to my amazing Skylanders.

*sigh* I guess I'll try cosmixology soon.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#572 Posted: 15:01:29 20/05/2015
*claws back from page 11* I'M HERE I COULDN'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND

Well, one way or another,for now... It is done.

Spyro isn't the same one as LOS, Eon implied it's either his descendant or he's reincarnated. Spyro was recruited in Summer Forest and never really met Malefor in this life. At the very most,he's rewritten Classic Spyro but older, meaning that David wrote what Mike and the other guy never bothered with and did a PROPER linking of the series! Holy crap.

A rather undignified defeat for Malefor, but it's an obvious sequel hook. Skylanders is nearly infinite so if he doesn't hit an island in his way down, plenty of time for Kaos' space rifts from the Overdrive arc to keep him from hitting the ground a bit too hard.
Best they could do with 18 pages, really wish there wasn't the bios and the minicomic hogging space but what can you do. Tied up loose ends, nothing really to complain about, and Calliope can stick around and can appear in the main series! Yay.
Also, I love that Hex calls dropping a goddamn airship on someone 'a simple spell'. You gotta wonder if she holds back in the games to not be horribly OP Skull Buddy aside.

Malefor was great(and the hypocrisy in the end was more awesome might than ever,gives the villain that extra love to hate), Hex was great,Spyro and Cynder were great. The comic is great. Poor Dread-Yacht Mk.III, though.

As for the overall arc? Good, terribly held back by the minicomics, but definately the best they could make. There's also a lot of insight for visuals on backstories that you'd never see in the main series, not to mention the interactions and how they truly work together. The villain is a truck of ham but there's a lot more bark to it than you'd think. The art is glorious, Fico Ossio can stay working on the series as far as I'm concerned compared to the other ones that were so-so.
And we also had more than we could've asked for, with that line from Eon in this last part. Overall? 50 reais/20 bucks well spent, and you'll know how I'll be when I get the hardcover.

On the topic of Light in the Dark,not sure if I'll buy them yet, but will still look for previews and such. If the comic keeps going this way I'm sticking around to comment for sure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:04:39 20/05/2015 by Bifrost
#573 Posted: 15:12:53 20/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
*claws back from page 11* I'M HERE I COULDN'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND

Well, one way or another,for now... It is done.

Spyro isn't the same one as LOS, Eon implied it's either his descendant or he's reincarnated. Spyro was recruited in Summer Forest and never really met Malefor in this life. At the very most,he's rewritten Classic Spyro but older, meaning that David wrote what Mike and the other guy never bothered with and did a PROPER linking of the series! Holy crap.

A rather undignified defeat for Malefor, but it's an obvious sequel hook. Skylanders is nearly infinite so if he doesn't hit an island in his way down, plenty of time for Kaos' space rifts from the Overdrive arc to keep him from hitting the ground a bit too hard.
Best they could do with 18 pages, really wish there wasn't the bios and the minicomic hogging space but what can you do. Tied up loose ends, nothing really to complain about, and Calliope can stick around and can appear in the main series! Yay.
Also, I love that Hex calls dropping a goddamn airship on someone 'a simple spell'. You gotta wonder if she holds back in the games to not be horribly OP Skull Buddy aside.

Malefor was great(and the hypocrisy in the end was more awesome might than ever,gives the villain that extra love to hate), Hex was great,Spyro and Cynder were great. The comic is great. Poor Dread-Yacht Mk.III, though.

As for the overall arc? Good, terribly held back by the minicomics, but definately the best they could make. There's also a lot of insight for visuals on backstories that you'd never see in the main series, not to mention the interactions and how they truly work together. The villain is a truck of ham but there's a lot more bark to it than you'd think. The art is glorious, Fico Ossio can stay working on the series as far as I'm concerned compared to the other ones that were so-so.
And we also had more than we could've asked for, with that line from Eon in this last part. Overall? 50 reais/20 bucks well spent, and you'll know how I'll be when I get the hardcover.

On the topic of Light in the Dark,not sure if I'll buy them yet, but will still look for previews and such. If the comic keeps going this way I'm sticking around to comment for sure.

I highly doubt LoS and Skylanders are connected. As for Skyro being Classic Spyro, it's possible, but it seems they're trying to have Skyro be his own thing.

I'm considering just going to comicxology and getting the last issue. I'll post my thoughts when I get it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:19:13 20/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#574 Posted: 15:18:35 20/05/2015
LOS and Skylanders are more than confirmed to be connected now, we just don't know the details. But if they opened the can of worms, eventually they'll have to explain it.
---
#575 Posted: 15:23:06 20/05/2015
Uh, is there a way where I can read the comic digitally? Or is comicxology physical copies only?
---
#576 Posted: 15:26:25 20/05/2015
Uh, is there a way where I can read the comic digitally? Or is comicxology physical copies only?

Comixology is digital only. You buy it through paypal or their own checkout, then you can use their online reader or download it. I recommend downloading,the online player keeps lagging for no good reason. I don't know how tablets work but you can probably transfer the PDF to it and read it that way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:54 20/05/2015 by Bifrost
#577 Posted: 15:27:20 20/05/2015
OK, cool. Thank you!
---
#578 Posted: 15:33:42 20/05/2015
No problem :3

Also, poor Flight and Fight got shoved out of the way by the comic. Does anyone that has it knows if anything of note happens, like lore on the dragon species?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:58 20/05/2015 by Bifrost
#579 Posted: 15:54:47 20/05/2015
I loved it!

Well, a lot better than I thought! Good development for Wallop, Spyro, Cynder and Hex. I doubt they're trying to make a connection for LoS, because Malley focuses of Spyro and not Cynder. Besides it'd be repetitive for Cynder to get possessed twice. I think they're trying to rewrite the story in the Skylanders world. I'm fine with that, as long as LoS isn't canon.

Anyway, Malley himself had some good development as well. Him begging towards Callope shows that he has some cowardice, and I liked that a lot. And of course, Malefor will be back. Not sure if it'll be a comic return or or video game.

I'm hoping Sky 5 will keep canon with this issue, With Callope appearing and likely part of the team now. Also Flynn's Dread-Yacht now gone. I hope they kept VV up to date with both of those

My favorite page was the last part with the Skylanders cheering on Spyro and talking to Callope. Wallop had his hand on Hotdog's head! It was so cute!

Also the song that was in my head while reading

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:04:10 20/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#580 Posted: 16:04:41 20/05/2015
The Dread-Yacht in this comic is the second one I think,the repaired one from SF. Cali was using the original one in Skyhighlands so he probably just retired that one instead of letting Sharpfin fashion it into that abomination, and who knows what happened to the third one where he can get conveniently shot and leave the level early from TT.

And hey, the abomination is the one that gets destroyed, I won't complain the color palette was crap anyway.

Hey, what if it's a Zelda case? Malefor gets reincarnated again and again in different places, and Spyro ends up by "fate" showing up in there at the time of most need. In Classic it could've been the Sorcerer,who's also a giant purple dragon with dark powers, we had the LOS one which tried to make a name for himself,and now we have Skylanders one which might not be done just yet.

Can we have that theory? Because I now want to call LOS Spyro the Hero of Edge.
---
#581 Posted: 16:14:04 20/05/2015
The Dread-Yacht in this comic is the second one I think,the repaired one from SF. Cali was using the original one in Skyhighlands so he probably just retired that one instead of letting Sharpfin fashion it into that abomination, and who knows what happened to the third one where he can get conveniently shot and leave the level early from TT.

And hey, the abomination is the one that gets destroyed, I won't complain the color palette was crap anyway.

Hey, what if it's a Zelda case? Malefor gets reincarnated again and again in different places, and Spyro ends up by "fate" showing up in there at the time of most need. In Classic it could've been the Sorcerer,who's also a giant purple dragon with dark powers, we had the LOS one which tried to make a name for himself,and now we have Skylanders one which might not be done just yet.

Can we have that theory? Because I now want to call LOS Spyro the Hero of Edge.

Actually, those Dread-Yachts are one and the same. Cali used the redone one from SF. The other ship your thinking of is that one that pops outta nowhere. It's the smaller ship used by Flynn and Cali in some levels.
---
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#582 Posted: 16:28:53 20/05/2015
No problem :3

Also, poor Flight and Fight got shoved out of the way by the comic. Does anyone that has it knows if anything of note happens, like lore on the dragon species?

Hi there,

I wrote the text for Take Flight and Fight, and I can assure you that no deep lore is revealed in the story. :-P It's intended for kids ages 5-8, so if you're old enough to be using the internet, you're probably too old to enjoy the story. It's meant to just be a fun little adventure for parents to read to young kids who are too little to read things like Mask of Power or the comics series, but old enough to enjoy the games. I had fun writing it, but it's hardly a masterpiece.

But thanks for taking note!
#583 Posted: 16:35:18 20/05/2015
Oh, alright then. Well, you never know, a lot of lore from the series is so between the lines that even the small book could have a passing mention of something important, but for small kids it's not really needed. Thanks for answering!
---
#584 Posted: 17:16:55 20/05/2015
That "Legend of Cynder" (*wink wink*) theory is actually pretty cool and would make sense!

What if Calliope becomes a playable Skylander in the fifth game?
It would be a great way to finally be able to use a sprite/fairy.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:04 20/05/2015 by Drek95
#585 Posted: 18:03:12 20/05/2015
It's the most plausible with these new things, even if it's not much. Maybe I should open a board in General for speculation later, it's better than going off topic here.
She doesn't have much power on her own,though, but they could always find something. Her design is much less strange than Persephone so she's a good candidate for a Fairy skylander if we ever get one.
---
#586 Posted: 20:01:09 20/05/2015
It's the most plausible with these new things, even if it's not much. Maybe I should open a board in General for speculation later, it's better than going off topic here.
She doesn't have much power on her own,though, but they could always find something. Her design is much less strange than Persephone so she's a good candidate for a Fairy skylander if we ever get one.

It would be useful to keep speculating about this theory. smilie

They could do something truly unique giving her basic magic powers, such as magic rays and maybe a shield.
Then she would have the purple crystal equiped and would use it to absorb the elemental power of each enemy and use it to power up her spells.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:40 20/05/2015 by Drek95
#587 Posted: 07:15:54 21/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Skylanders Issue #12 is revealed. We'll likely see the cover of Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive Sky 5 prequel soon next month or a litle later.

Summary: SEASON FINALE! The Trap Team season concludes and the stage is set for Skylanders: Season 2 launching just in time for the new game in October!

[User Posted Image]
---
#588 Posted: 11:35:55 21/05/2015
Darn, not one hint in the cover. But to be fair ROTDK also didn't have any, actually Part 3 Variant and the hardcover's pictures never actually happened.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:36:17 21/05/2015 by Bifrost
#589 Posted: 23:58:35 22/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh, now they put the Kindle Edition of Issue #9 on Amazon smilie

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...ords=Skylanders
---
#590 Posted: 00:32:34 23/05/2015

SON OF A #$%*!!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:14:24 23/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#591 Posted: 14:02:06 23/05/2015

SON OF A #$%*!!

smilie LOL smilie ....sorry HayitsHotDog...but they musta heard you. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#592 Posted: 21:39:26 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Found another Dawn of the Dragon reference smilie

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#593 Posted: 21:46:01 26/05/2015
Yeah, the position was familiar, but even this death was better than 'dragged down by random spirit dragons we only implied to even exist into random crystal that we won't ever talk about'. Slipping instead of vertically falling also gives it a bit more of a cowardly look,so it's for the better.
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#594 Posted: 08:14:21 28/05/2015
Not sure if anyone's seen this

There's a new mini's book coming out in October ....weird time considering trap team minis might not be super available in store by that time. But it details skylanders academy.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/...n=9780448487700

Could be hinting that we may get more mini's? Or that minis may play a bigger role in the next game ? Or even that skylanders academy could still be utilised. Or maybe they're just gonna keep manufacturing the minis we already have.

Probably not but fun to imagine
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:17:56 28/05/2015 by wild_defender
#595 Posted: 13:48:41 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
It's been posted before, don't worry.

Issue #10 alternate comc cover has been revealed by Lobote, another IDW comic artist -
http://lobote.deviantart.com/a...lor-B-536831721

[User Posted Image]

New SuperChargers children's book - SuperCharged Race (Skylanders Universe)
Summary - The Skylanders are a group of heroes who protect the world of Skylands from the forces of evil. This 24-page, full-color storybook features characters and locations from the newest game in the series, plus a sheet of character stickers.

http://www.amazon.com/SuperCha.../dp/1101995041/
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:35:13 08/06/2015 by Aura24
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#596 Posted: 21:20:42 11/06/2015
When Issue 10 will be released? It's says June 2015. But, in what day?!

Learn How to Draw Skylanders book has been revealed, set to be released in June 2015 -

[User Posted Image]

I need that book!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:48 11/06/2015 by TTD
#597 Posted: 22:03:29 11/06/2015
Usually the third wednesday of the month, so this time either the 24th or the 18th depending on which one is closer to the usual 20th.

Also, it's past the release of the Return of the Dragon King Hardcover,yes? No acess to comic book stores so dunno when it'll be a good time to start looking for it on Ebay.
---
#598 Posted: 22:08:13 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
They moved the RotDK bundle date to July. >.>
---
#599 Posted: 22:27:10 11/06/2015
The arc can't catch a break,can it ._. delays for everything, watch Light in the Dark go by with no changes.
---
#600 Posted: 22:10:44 12/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Preview pages of Issue #10 are up on itunes, release date is June 24th.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And a limited edition cover of Issue #7 being given out at the Texas Comic Fest for the first 150 -

[User Posted Image]
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me