Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Confession... [CLOSED]
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#1 Posted: 21:46:45 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I really enjoy this game. I bought some GEMS so I could have all 8 islands at once...don't tell my husband
---
81/99!
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#2 Posted: 23:23:00 26/11/2012
Telling him right now.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
karl_lugz Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 23:32:28 26/11/2012
wow thats alot of money i only have 3 how much did they other islands cost
---
skylanders - smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#4 Posted: 06:08:29 27/11/2012
Someone do the math for how much all islands cost in real dollars. I gotta see this number.
---
Ravens Nation.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#5 Posted: 09:19:03 27/11/2012
Well, first someone would have to know how much all the islands COST. Right now the only people who could have gone that far would be gem spenders, "Time Bandits" or possibly people who started with Version 1.0 and concentrated on gold and energy over XP.

There's nine islands, the one in the center is free.
I don't remember what the early islands cost. I know unlocking the FOURTH island is 400,000 gold, the fifth looks like 600,000 gold, and from what I've heard the sixth island should be 750,000 gold. (Probably maxes out at a million for the eighth.)

Let's estimate it's about four million gold to buy all eight islands outright. (The real number would be slightly lower because of the gold you get for the Large Chests and Story Scrolls from each island.)

If you bought straight GOLD instead of investing in Adventure Airships, that would cost you 10,000 Gems.

Now that the Gem Sale is over, 41,000 gems could cost $549.94.
When the Gem Sale was on, you could get 41,875 gems for $449.95.

... you DID ask. smilie
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#6 Posted: 15:22:49 27/11/2012
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=66799&post=3818728
Now that the Gem Sale is over, 41,000 gems could cost $549.94.
When the Gem Sale was on, you could get 41,875 gems for $449.95.

... you DID ask. smilie

WOW. I hope that math is wrong! I so far have not spent a dime on this and have 3 elemental islands unlocked.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#7 Posted: 19:30:34 27/11/2012
Awesome. Over 400 bucks. To open up virtual islands immediately instead of letting them give the game purpose. No need to tell her husband. When the electric bill doesn't get paid hell figure it out. Lol
---
Ravens Nation.
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#8 Posted: 20:55:28 27/11/2012
I dont know if she or her husband have a 6 number salary.
I dont know if the game will be better having all island since the start or by normal time.
All i know is there is ppl without a job and without the money to get a better xmas.
I hope is just a fake.

And before ppl rage, yes i spent the same amount or maybe more on skylanders. But those are physical goods that one can resell one day if need some money back.

That amount on unnecesary things like gems are plain stupid. I understand a ten bucks or so now and then ( a few weeks ago i bought my wife 100 gems on camelot but that was on an anniversary and something like 15€)
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#9 Posted: 02:18:56 28/11/2012
Jailbreak, Cydia and iAP Cracker = Free gems

[User Posted Image]
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#10 Posted: 04:20:35 28/11/2012
This has to be fake. Unless you are high level, you wouldn't have enough fields to get the energy to power the shrines, so what's the point?

Unless you also bought energy with cash. smilie
#11 Posted: 04:46:30 28/11/2012
No. Its very real. iAP Cracker will allow free in game purchases with a lot of games and apps. You just need to be jail broken and have Cydia installed.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
#12 Posted: 06:34:55 28/11/2012
Quote: Zing
This has to be fake. Unless you are high level, you wouldn't have enough fields to get the energy to power the shrines, so what's the point?

Unless you also bought energy with cash. smilie

Once you spend $400+ to open up islands what another $100 to activate/clean em all.
---
Ravens Nation.
karl_lugz Green Sparx Gems: 304
#13 Posted: 07:13:02 28/11/2012
Quote: longsh0t
Jailbreak, Cydia and iAP Cracker = Free gems

[User Posted Image]

cheater
---
skylanders - smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#14 Posted: 08:51:28 28/11/2012
For every game out there, someone will always want to take the time to rewrite it so they can pretend they did better or unlocked more faster.

Really, though, it's similar to a person who lost a sports game 9-to-zero, then came back after it was over and drew a "1" in front of the "0" on the scoreboard. "Look! The screen says something different now! That means I won!"

In reality, you're not fooling anyone other than yourself. And you'll probably look back years later, after "breaking" app after app in this way and wonder why the games just didn't seem as fun as they used to be.

There's nothing left you can do in THIS game other than admire your defaced scoreboard, after all. (And hope that if you attempt future updates, the update won't check your gem count against your officially logged gem purchases, and if that number is too high, log your data accordingly.)
#15 Posted: 14:38:32 28/11/2012
It's like cheating anything. Awesome for an hour (or more depending on the game) then you are done with it for life.
---
Ravens Nation.
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#16 Posted: 15:44:15 28/11/2012
i actually enjoy the challenge and time it takes to unlock stuff. its more gratifying than having everything unlocked all at once. in my opinion at least.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
#17 Posted: 16:02:19 28/11/2012
*shrugs*

To each their own, I suppose. IMO, there's nothing "challenging" about these types of games as all it takes it time to accomplish anything. No skill involved whatsoever.

I enjoy the Skylanders brand as much as anyone but these types of games are just a cash grab for companies. They don't make them for the enjoyment factor. They make them to make money.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
#18 Posted: 16:15:21 28/11/2012
true. there is no challenge. but i enjoy the longevity of these games i guess. and i'm not a big mobile gamer to start with. i enjoy passing the time with them though.
---
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#19 Posted: 19:26:18 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The eighth island was 1.5 million gold. I have 42 of the 55 skylanders in the game (the figures) so I started with a lot of energy (you get energy for all you register). I had three adventure balloons at the time and was sending skylanders on adventures frequently, so earned a lot of money. I bought $200 worth of gems (during the sale) to get the gems...I do happen to make a 6 figure salary but don't splurge on this kind of stuff often, but I really enjoy it so whatever. I have all eight sanctuaries but don't activate them often (too much energy). I focus on the goals and improving ranks. My highest ranked character is only a 7 and my kingdom is close to 15.
---
81/99!
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#20 Posted: 19:35:26 28/11/2012
It seems useless to have all island and not be able to use that.
30 or so skylanders everyone on the lv8+
My kingdom is 21, magic earth and fire unlocked .
Working on building 400 ppl for the market.

After a rush of time warp (not the cheat way) im slowing down.
This kind of game runs out of content quick. Same reason i play 1-2 level of battleground each day.
#21 Posted: 02:05:13 29/11/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17
true. there is no challenge. but i enjoy the longevity of these games i guess. and i'm not a big mobile gamer to start with. i enjoy passing the time with them though.

Yep. And in the end that's all that matters.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
#22 Posted: 05:46:39 29/11/2012
Quote: longsh0t
Yep. And in the end that's all that matters.

I suspect Activision and Vicarious Visions would respectfully disagree smilie, but in the end, it's their call if they care enough to do anything about it.

I mean, the console versions of Skylanders: Giants are really a case of "gem-locked premium content" taken to extreme when you think about it. All the Skylanders, variants, items and bonus levels are on the disk when you put it in your system. It's just the designer's artificial restriction that makes it so most players will never wander around using Punch Pop Fizz on a level in Giants - and why players are unable to use Thumpback yet.

And in both Giants and Lost Islands, if you take away the carrot-and-stick of needing just one more piece of premium content unlocked (whether by investing time, gems or money spent purchasing another physical figure), the entire formula falls apart.

Your mileage may vary. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:47:58 29/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#23 Posted: 16:42:39 29/11/2012
True. I understand the point of a free-to-play game is that the developer doesn't want it to be free for a gamer in the first place. However, when it comes to mobile games they won't get any of my money. The game isn't that great in the first place. And I have all the time in the world.
---
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#24 Posted: 00:16:43 09/01/2013
Quote: Dangermom
The eighth island was 1.5 million gold. I have 42 of the 55 skylanders in the game (the figures) so I started with a lot of energy (you get energy for all you register). I had three adventure balloons at the time and was sending skylanders on adventures frequently, so earned a lot of money. I bought $200 worth of gems (during the sale) to get the gems...I do happen to make a 6 figure salary but don't splurge on this kind of stuff often, but I really enjoy it so whatever. I have all eight sanctuaries but don't activate them often (too much energy). I focus on the goals and improving ranks. My highest ranked character is only a 7 and my kingdom is close to 15.

That's awesome
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#25 Posted: 20:47:08 09/01/2013
I've spent probably $200-300 between my wife and myself, but I'm in Dangermom's tax bracket so it's just like any hobby. You spend to get more out of it.

I've got all nine of my islands now and I will admit I feel less enthused about checking it, mostly do 7 hour quests, etc. I probably bought 15+ Adventure Balloons and a whole field of the extra energy soil dealies.

EDIT - I'm Kingdom Level 25, all 55/55 unlocked (which I expect to change soon with Hot Dog, etc) and all my islands have roads, decorations, etc, so I didn't just cram it all in there, I developed it like you're supposed to so that the Mabu have somewhere awesome to live.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:31 09/01/2013 by Hindsight
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#26 Posted: 03:00:06 18/01/2013
Quote: Hindsight
I've spent probably $200-300 between my wife and myself, but I'm in Dangermom's tax bracket so it's just like any hobby. You spend to get more out of it.

I've got all nine of my islands now and I will admit I feel less enthused about checking it, mostly do 7 hour quests, etc. I probably bought 15+ Adventure Balloons and a whole field of the extra energy soil dealies.

EDIT - I'm Kingdom Level 25, all 55/55 unlocked (which I expect to change soon with Hot Dog, etc) and all my islands have roads, decorations, etc, so I didn't just cram it all in there, I developed it like you're supposed to so that the Mabu have somewhere awesome to live.

We need a place to post lost island pics to show off...
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#27 Posted: 11:54:47 18/01/2013
I mostly use roads for decorations, but I'm focusing on quests right now. I only spent one dollar on gems (Don't tell my mom smilie), and that was so I could afford the Tree Rex Statue which I thought was a limited time offer.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me