Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
SIXTEEN HUNDRED GEMS for a Castle?!? :) [CLOSED]
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#1 Posted: 09:20:14 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, I can appreciate game balance as much as the next person, but it gets to a point where I'd like to believe nobody would be crazy enough to buy some of these buildings. Especially since it doesn't give any real "boost" like the Adventure Airship or Radiant Energy Field does - it's just +250 Mabu, and +850 XP/+2,160 Gold every 36 hours from a 5x5 building.

Compared to that, I'd much rather spend (for example) 120,000 for four Large Wood Houses. You only get 120 Mabu from a 6x6 space and no gold, but you'll earn up to 4,680 XP in that game 36 hour period.

For these expensive buildings, I'd consider making a series of quests - each quest you complete reduces the price to buy a single one of those buildings by about 10% or so. You'll never get the price down to FREE, but if I completed the full set of quests and could buy a single Castle for "only" 160 Gems, I might consider saving up for one, especially if I was doing those quests for a couple weeks.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 09:40:20 26/11/2012
Yes, please.
In fact, there could be some sort of bar that could increase with you doing more Quests, and as you fill it, Gem costs go down.
... Now I'm really excited for something that will never happen. smilie
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#3 Posted: 15:50:19 26/11/2012
I dont feel inclined to spend gems on ANYTHING that won't help my game progress. The radient energy field seems good so far.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#4 Posted: 19:28:58 26/11/2012
I bought some gem house and office. They are good looking but game wise are useless.
I wish for more cool house like the event one.
Xcept for that, all radiant and cloud patrol.
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#5 Posted: 20:45:14 26/11/2012
Is the radiant energy field worth it? (Currently saving up for an airship, about 45 away)
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
#6 Posted: 20:52:42 26/11/2012
Radiant are the best item u can buy with gems.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#7 Posted: 21:03:45 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SheldonCooper
Is the radiant energy field worth it? (Currently saving up for an airship, about 45 away)

Gem-for-gem, I'd say it's the best thing you can buy.

The Adventure Airship is nice because it gives you an extra "free slot" for adventures (you can add them without using any of your Balloons that are limited by level), but eventually you'll outgrow the need for XP and only be earning the +25% Gold boost. (Granted, it may take weeks or months before you get all your Skylanders to Level 10 depending on how many you own!)

Whereas the Radiant Energy Field gives you a +50% boost to energy - and you can ALWAYS use more energy, especially when you start unlocking the Sanctuary which cost 5,000 to use! The savings you get from cheaper energy is actually more valauble than the gold boost from the Adventure Airship ... and the Energy Field is over 75% cheaper!

----------

I'd love to see an elaborate extended quest in this game where you need to find items similar to the eight Eternal Energy Sources and construct a special artifact to keep Kaos from invading your islands.

The item would cost a whopping 2,000 Gems if you tried to build it once it first becomes available (around Kingdom Level 10). Or you could complete 5-part quests in each element - each quest completed would drop the cost by 225 Gems, so if you took the time to complete EVERY quest it would only cost 200 Gems.

Once the item was completed, you'd be able to collect free gems from it once a day. You could increase the gems that you could earn each day in a variety of ways - by having more friends that play the game (once Social Features are enabled), by registering more Skylanders to your Activate account (once Lost Islands starts supporting the Activate feature), etc. If you had enough friends or Skylanders (or both), you could max the artifact out to give you ten bonus gems every day.

Ten gems wouldn't really be THAT valuable, but if you completed all the quests it would pay for itself in about three weeks, it'd be more worthwhile than the Shrine decorations (which cost 200 Gems each and do NOTHING), and it'd be a good status symbol for your island so visitors would know you completed that epic quest (or spent $25 in real money to be able to buy it right away). And Activision would be happy because it would encourage people to get more friends to play or to buy more Skylanders to get the full benefits from the artifact!
#8 Posted: 21:26:57 26/11/2012
I approve your idea. Hope the developer have lots of fun with creating the quest and dont think only of milking us. An happy player is a long term player. And maybe sometimes buy some gems too.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#9 Posted: 00:32:56 28/11/2012
I'm just mad because when i'm harvesting crops of XP it always makes me click the "speed up" button. I've wasted over 30 gems doing that by accident!
#10 Posted: 19:36:41 28/11/2012
Ok trashed 200 gems for a legendary chop chop ... So sad
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#11 Posted: 21:52:59 28/11/2012
I only used GEMS for money, adventure balloons and a couple of radiant fields. When my son plays however, we always end up with firecrackers and other useless stuff...
---
81/99!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me