Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Advisor Orville - Developer [CLOSED]
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#151 Posted: 11:54:16 01/05/2013
@Advisor Orville

Since the last update (1.3.0.304055), it seems like Ramses is sleeping on the job, and my Skylanders are forgetting that they can level to 12 now. I check some of my level 10 and 11 Skylanders and it says they're maxed out, and it looks like they won't gain XP in the background and level up to 12 if they reach it; I had Spyro very close to level 12 but he wouldn't reach it while the game was in this state. I had to close and restart the game, and when it reloads, then it goes back to normal. I've had this happen after using Quigley, and once after coming back from visiting people.

And bring back gems to the wishing well, at this rate I'm never getting Flynn, or that new doll one you added, and after spending money buying the Skylanders themselves, I'm not about to drop more just for that.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#152 Posted: 15:17:13 01/05/2013
Quote: LaCrysta
@Advisor Orville

Since the last update (1.3.0.304055), it seems like Ramses is sleeping on the job, and my Skylanders are forgetting that they can level to 12 now. I check some of my level 10 and 11 Skylanders and it says they're maxed out, and it looks like they won't gain XP in the background and level up to 12 if they reach it; I had Spyro very close to level 12 but he wouldn't reach it while the game was in this state. I had to close and restart the game, and when it reloads, then it goes back to normal. I've had this happen after using Quigley, and once after coming back from visiting people.

And bring back gems to the wishing well, at this rate I'm never getting Flynn, or that new doll one you added, and after spending money buying the Skylanders themselves, I'm not about to drop more just for that.

I've been getting several reports of this over on my blog as well as one user who is now having issues leveling his kingdom past 30 even though he already had Mayor Grizz unlocked prior to this update.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#153 Posted: 00:03:57 03/05/2013
can't load my game again
#154 Posted: 14:24:48 03/05/2013
After playing a bit more, it seems to happen everytime I visit people. Whenever I do, I have to force the game closed and restart. This is annoying because one thing I'll do is send Skylanders off for short quests, go visit some people, then resend the Skylanders.
June Green Sparx Gems: 345
#155 Posted: 18:20:33 04/05/2013
@Advisor Orville

Hi I am playing skylanders lost island and after the recent update I can't load my game and I keep getting 'Load Error: 7'. I tried the method taught in the game support where I should log out of Activate account and I should be able to get my game progress back. Sadly after I log out the game does load but the progress is way behind my current progress. Is there anything that I can do? or I shall just wait and hope the next update will fix my problem?
#156 Posted: 19:14:32 05/05/2013
It's been a week and it is still not working. Please get on this. I keep getting error 13.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#157 Posted: 03:07:01 06/05/2013
It's been almost a month that I've had error code 13. It would be awesome if they would fix that.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#158 Posted: 12:34:48 06/05/2013
It sucks cause I cant play, but my husband's game is working just fine. So I have to sit and watch him play while I wait for mine to work.

Also, I just tried logging out of activate to log back in...now it won't even go past the loading screen
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:35:23 06/05/2013 by scottiedog
#159 Posted: 15:01:08 06/05/2013
I'm in the exact same boat. My husbands game works fine too. I've been killing time by playing my game from the original save point before activate. But I'm missing lucky boomer and hoppity pop fizz which I had in my activate game. Also a few skylanders that I had added to my game since activate. And several levels. Very annoying.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Roary Green Sparx Gems: 150
#160 Posted: 16:03:36 06/05/2013
Yer i gave up waiting for them to fix it. Started a new game but only playing offline. Done a bit of time travel to regain lucky boomer and easter pop fizz. Trouble is now they removed gems from wishing well its getting even harder to get gems
#161 Posted: 16:56:19 06/05/2013
Quote: Lash
I'm in the exact same boat. My husbands game works fine too. I've been killing time by playing my game from the original save point before activate. But I'm missing lucky boomer and hoppity pop fizz which I had in my activate game. Also a few skylanders that I had added to my game since activate. And several levels. Very annoying.
I wish I could even do that, but the last update caused my whole iPod to crash. I have to start back at the beginning
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#162 Posted: 16:56:51 06/05/2013
Yea, that's the worst. It's one of those changes that is so fundamental and deep reaching, it really ruins the game for free players. It was hard enough to get enough gems before, now it's just impossible. My son has basically given up on earning giant houses. He just earns 10 gems and throws them at the well on the off chance he wins one. And then gets another hay bale. It's kind of sad.
#163 Posted: 17:06:15 06/05/2013
Last time this happened, they were quick to fix it forms. This time, it seems Orville has been absent
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#164 Posted: 17:23:39 06/05/2013
Quote: scottiedog
Last time this happened, they were quick to fix it forms. This time, it seems Orville has been absent

While the bug sucks, give them a break. Im sure theyre doing whatever they can. I cant imagine they enjoy doing this to players and maybe they havent figured out what the issue is.
#165 Posted: 23:13:55 06/05/2013
It looks like the leveling bug has been fixed. Good job.
#166 Posted: 02:38:40 13/05/2013
are you kidding me? my game doesn't work. it's been such on error 13 for weeks, yet my game still had notifications saying that my skylanders miss me? ok. I get there is something wrong and you're trying to fix it, but don't send me notifications unless it's an actually working game. and I did try it after that notification it did not work.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#167 Posted: 07:28:49 13/05/2013
my game doesn't work.

Did you do already the usual stuff when something is strange on an iOS device (restarting, full restore from backup)?
#168 Posted: 13:36:52 13/05/2013
Quote: gewappnet
my game doesn't work.

Did you do already the usual stuff when something is strange on an iOS device (restarting, full restore from backup)?

ive done everything. even advisor Orville was getting crashes when trying to do diagnostics on it. he sent it to engineering or something. but it's kinda not fair for a broken game to send you messe ges like that...
SweetMaboo Blue Sparx Gems: 630
#169 Posted: 18:01:10 13/05/2013
I bought Tree Rex and his #1 Fan at the same time when the #1 Fan was released. Now I have a challenge that is telling me I need to buy the #1 Fan all over again. He shows up as Buy Now on Flynn's ship. I just saw him walking around with the Mabu yesterday.
#170 Posted: 21:22:58 13/05/2013
Quote: gewappnet
my game doesn't work.

ive done everything. even advisor Orville was getting crashes when trying to do diagnostics on it. he sent it to engineering or something. but it's kinda not fair for a broken game to send you messe ges like that...

Sounds like you have the same problem I do. If they come up with a fix, let me know. I gave up checking.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#171 Posted: 16:33:19 16/05/2013
I just started a new one....if Orville ever finds out what went wrong, maybe I'll check back in, but right now I'm pretty fed up
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#172 Posted: 12:57:07 19/05/2013
I dunno why, but I REALLY want to make a request for an Alter Ego.

July; Patriotic Zook. His bamboo hair should have stars attached to them instead of leaves, his bazooka should have a firework in it, and he should be colored red, white, and blue.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Sach234567 Red Sparx Gems: 42
#173 Posted: 18:19:52 28/05/2013
Hi can you tell me what load error 7 means? As I have this on my game.
#174 Posted: 18:38:21 28/05/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I dunno why, but I REALLY want to make a request for an Alter Ego.

July; Patriotic Zook. His bamboo hair should have stars attached to them instead of leaves, his bazooka should have a firework in it, and he should be colored red, white, and blue.

Patriotic Zook is a great idea, but I think maybe the name is too long. How about GI Zook, like a play off GI Joe?
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#175 Posted: 02:42:11 29/05/2013
Hi there. I just noticed your name is portalflip. I had someone send me a friend request the other day saying they saw my name on "portalflip"... I have seen that website. Are you connected to it? Did you ever mentin Odous7 ? I have a pretty sweet island setup in my humble opinion.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#176 Posted: 00:57:38 30/05/2013
Quote: Toleroh
Hi there. I just noticed your name is portalflip. I had someone send me a friend request the other day saying they saw my name on "portalflip"... I have seen that website. Are you connected to it? Did you ever mentin Odous7 ? I have a pretty sweet island setup in my humble opinion.

I do run portalflip. You posted your gamer name there at some point so it was added to our master list of gamer names. Someone just saw it there and added you.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#177 Posted: 12:20:28 30/05/2013
Help! I lost Buddy Wrecking Ball, Jade Flashwing, the contents of Baxter's Island, and about 80 wish stones this weekend. My three year old opened Lost Islands on my husband's phone which hasn't been updated in ages and I forgot it was even logged into Activate. I'm guessing it did a cloud save and because it didn't have the well or island it didn't save? Is there any way to get those items back on my iPad?
---
easterro in Lost Islands
#178 Posted: 13:00:29 30/05/2013
When you load the game on your iPad it should ask you which save you want to use. Choose the one you saved on your iPad.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#179 Posted: 14:05:22 30/05/2013
I'm guessing from the horrified post that it's too late for that already.
#180 Posted: 00:46:29 31/05/2013
Quote: bjornolf
I'm guessing from the horrified post that it's too late for that already.

You are correct. Downside of sharing a game 50/50 with a three year old. What I find odd is that I still have Cupid Flameslinger, but not Buddy Wrecking Ball or the Jade Flashwing I JUST bought on sale this weekend. I knew I shouldn't have spent actual money on this game...
---
easterro in Lost Islands
#181 Posted: 10:13:33 31/05/2013
They SHOULD be able to at least credit you those lost gems. They'd have a record of you purchasing them. Have you contacted support?
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#182 Posted: 11:17:27 31/05/2013
If your ipad is backed up to the cloud or a computer, you can try to revert it to an earlier save, but it's a pain and has some risks if you're not familiar with the process.
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
Slamsurfer Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#183 Posted: 11:40:08 31/05/2013
Mabu I have a code for jade flashwing if that will help you
#184 Posted: 15:20:11 31/05/2013
Thanks, I guess you have to call for support? I'll try that after 11 PST.

Quote: Slamsurfer
Mabu I have a code for jade flashwing if that will help you

Thank you! But with Activate the codes can't be shared anymore.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
Slamsurfer Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#185 Posted: 15:38:20 31/05/2013
I have a portal so I don't use the codes you can try it if you want it ill pm it to you
Q Slick Green Sparx Gems: 280
#186 Posted: 04:22:08 03/06/2013
I don't know if the last update caused this; I only just noticed it this morning. I have both Spyro and Zap's #1 fans, and instead of giving bonuses to gold--like they're advertised--they're giving bonuses to Hero Points. This makes both of them entirely useless to me, as both my Spyro and Zap are max rank already.
GrandCannon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#187 Posted: 03:50:57 14/06/2013
Advisor,
Would we be seeing Punch Pop Fizz, Granite Crusher, Gnarly Tree Rex, Scarlet Ninjini and Polar Whirlwind as other Special individual characters? (Anyone I forget?)
Thanks!
Jay097 Red Sparx Gems: 64
#188 Posted: 04:04:42 18/07/2013
Dont mean to necro a post but this one seems like a good one to keep on the front page to add bugs/errors we continue to find throughout this wonderful game we all love to play. My issue is that all of my balloons are occupied by 9 Spyros, even though Spyro is prancing around on an island. All of my sanctuaries are in their "broken state' and cannot be used even though I have activated them in the past. I cannot interact with the chests from troll/sheep spawns from before the glitch, any that spawn after I can clear. I cannot add my balloons into the inventory or sell them because I get an error saying I cannot do that when I have a skylander on an adventure... even though I do not.

I hope this is being looked into. I know these things take time but even the slightest "We know and are looking into it" would be reassuring.

Thanks much!
---
For the Alliance
Spookee, Blackwater Circle
US Cenarion Circle
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#189 Posted: 02:56:08 25/07/2013
@Advisor Orville

After I downloaded today's update the game would not load even after I deleted it and re installed it. The loading screen and Activision logo keep popping up.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#190 Posted: 07:41:08 25/07/2013
G'day Orville, it's probably not the first time you've heard this, but I've only just joined the forum and this is my first post. Can you please do something about accidentally pressing on buildings and wasting gems to finish the time on it. I've wasted so many gems doing this and it's so very frustrating. I have never wanted to do it and I never will, and I wouldn't be the only one. The gems are so hard to accumulate and I have heaps of things to buy with them, I don't even own any giant houses yet. I saw flame slingers house come up so decided to try get some extra gems and spent about 4 hours visiting friends. I ended up with about 25 or so but I was so tired by the end of it, I started to fall asleep and pressed on a house, I saw the cancel bar going up, tapped it a few times and nothing happened. Boom 55 gems gone. What a waste of time. I was so peeved. I've done it once whilst activating my sanctuaries & that was 100. At least make the cancel bar go a little slower or have it ask"are you sure", yes, no. Or have an option in the settings where we could disable it altogether.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#191 Posted: 14:03:45 25/07/2013
Quote: Doobrywhatsits
G'day Orville, it's probably not the first time you've heard this, but I've only just joined the forum and this is my first post. Can you please do something about accidentally pressing on buildings and wasting gems to finish the time on it. I've wasted so many gems doing this and it's so very frustrating. I have never wanted to do it and I never will, and I wouldn't be the only one. The gems are so hard to accumulate and I have heaps of things to buy with them, I don't even own any giant houses yet. I saw flame slingers house come up so decided to try get some extra gems and spent about 4 hours visiting friends. I ended up with about 25 or so but I was so tired by the end of it, I started to fall asleep and pressed on a house, I saw the cancel bar going up, tapped it a few times and nothing happened. Boom 55 gems gone. What a waste of time. I was so peeved. I've done it once whilst activating my sanctuaries & that was 100. At least make the cancel bar go a little slower or have it ask"are you sure", yes, no. Or have an option in the settings where we could disable it altogether.

They have the cancel bar specifically so that you DON'T accidentally spend gems (way back when they didn't even have that.) It gives you a few seconds to change your mind, and if you do change your mind, you just have to either tap on the Cancel button itself or tap outside of the window to make it go away.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#192 Posted: 16:26:08 25/07/2013
Quote: skylanderGIRLz
Quote: Doobrywhatsits

They have the cancel bar specifically so that you DON'T accidentally spend gems (way back when they didn't even have that.) It gives you a few seconds to change your mind, and if you do change your mind, you just have to either tap on the Cancel button itself or tap outside of the window to make it go away.

As he said, though, he tried hitting the cancel button and it didn't work. I've about done this, myself. Sometimes it takes a few taps of the cancel button for it to work. If you're not fast enough, you're out of luck. I've seen it get almost full while trying to click on it. I'm all for having the option to disabling hurry ups, myself. Who uses it, anyway? They cost way too much.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#193 Posted: 18:20:18 25/07/2013
I understand that it's a tap game and if you hit the wrong thing, it's your own fault, but please, it's way too costly with very little time to rectify. I have also left a few of the original trees around my world and an option to enable/ disable the removal of them would also be nice as I have lost a couple by accident.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
sunfiredragon Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#194 Posted: 14:43:30 12/08/2013
Anybody else having trouble with the way your crowns display? I was recently trying to get all of mine lit up (before I never bothered to register all my guys). And now when I tab between the elements different crowns light up or turn off. I'm sure there is some rhyme or reason to it but it baffles me.

Maybe I just added too many guys at once and blew the game's mind?
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me