Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Advisor Orville - Developer [CLOSED]
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#101 Posted: 02:24:52 31/01/2013
I got another gold chest yesterday...
---
81/99!
arxmage Green Sparx Gems: 105
#102 Posted: 17:38:07 01/02/2013
I got a gold chest yesterday (or the day before) too. First one in quite a while.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#103 Posted: 18:31:37 01/02/2013
A lot popped last week but it seems that the rate is back down to almost never.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Djeep Blue Sparx Gems: 777
#104 Posted: 23:27:26 03/02/2013
@ advisor it seems my iphone game is not updating. Anything I can do? I have got to games games running, on two device.. One is getting the updates the other not... What to do? If tried your running tYhe game for more than 30 minutes.. Kill the app and restart... But no help..
---
My activate username : Jpoosterom
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#105 Posted: 20:07:42 08/02/2013
I posted this somewhere else but:
Does anyone know if you can change the code of a figure to an identical ones code? I am getting a replacement S1 Prism Break and a S1 Cynder so I want the code to match the current figure.
---
Eggs
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#106 Posted: 22:19:01 08/02/2013
Quote: jet-vac6000
I posted this somewhere else but:
Does anyone know if you can change the code of a figure to an identical ones code? I am getting a replacement S1 Prism Break and a S1 Cynder so I want the code to match the current figure.

No there is not.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#107 Posted: 01:38:23 09/02/2013
Could you release Ninjini as they were prereleased at Toys R Us and are being given away.
---
words. letters. filler.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#108 Posted: 07:57:43 09/02/2013
Are there any plans to put Lost Islands on 3G?
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#109 Posted: 02:54:28 11/02/2013
An idea for Advisor_Orville ... actually I have a lot of them but I won't overwhelm.

I think it would be great if the roaming skylanders would automatically engage sheep mobs and troll camps and clear them. You could either drop a roaming skylander on/near the camp, click on them like you do now, or wait for them to figure it out. In addition to this, keep a record of sheep mobs and troll camps cleared by each skylander in their information screen. Last but not least, make the mission cancelable in case you need one for something else like an elemental totem pole.

Thanks,

Toleroh
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
having fun Red Sparx Gems: 15
#110 Posted: 04:56:16 15/02/2013
I have a question about leveling characters up. Before the Eye Brawl update the progression of gems received was 1 gem for the first two levels (2&3), 2 gems for levels 4&5, 3 gems for levels 6&7, 4 gems for levels 8&9 but 3 for level 10, but now I only get 1 gem for any leveling up. Is this correct? Also, a friend has not updated the game and can still get the old number of gems for leveling up characters. Will the time limited offers expire for people who do not update?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:07 15/02/2013 by having fun
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#111 Posted: 13:23:05 18/02/2013
Can we please but GEMS with gold? I'm 58/59 all level 10 and max on XP. I am not spending real money on GEMS (anymore) but would still go on adventures if I was earning Gold I could use to buy GEMS with (for specialty house ps, Cupid flameslinger, etc). Make it super expensive like 25000 gold for 1 Gem. This would substantially increase playing time for people who are currently finished. Thank you for your consideration
---
81/99!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#112 Posted: 16:08:37 18/02/2013
Quote: Dangermom
Can we please but GEMS with gold? I'm 58/59 all level 10 and max on XP. I am not spending real money on GEMS (anymore) but would still go on adventures if I was earning Gold I could use to buy GEMS with (for specialty house ps, Cupid flameslinger, etc). Make it super expensive like 25000 gold for 1 Gem. This would substantially increase playing time for people who are currently finished. Thank you for your consideration

I second this. Add it as an endgame thing.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#113 Posted: 15:21:04 24/02/2013
Advisor Orville can you confirmed if limited giant houses like Tree Rex, Hot Head, ect. and/or alter ego skylanders are coming back?
Lightsleeper Red Sparx Gems: 48
#114 Posted: 06:11:14 25/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
Advisor Orville can you confirmed if limited giant houses like Tree Rex, Hot Head, ect. and/or alter ego skylanders are coming back?

I missed out on the 2 giant houses, Tree Rex's and Hot Head's, and am hoping you can bring them back please.
Another request is to increase max levels for both kingdom and skylanders levels. Thank you.
jakesterg Blue Sparx Gems: 806
#115 Posted: 00:11:12 01/03/2013
Will there be Activate in this game? I want to bring my collection over from Cloud Patrol and get all that Energy!
---
Irish Jig!
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#116 Posted: 00:39:55 05/03/2013
Losing the opportunity to buy the Giants' houses really stinks for new players. I think it should be unlocked after reaching level 10 with the giant.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#117 Posted: 14:44:21 19/03/2013
Will Ninjini and Legendary Chill be added to the game anytime soon? I'm level 30. I don't really have anything left to do...waiting for characters to be put in the game, when the figures have been released for weeks is very frustrating!

I also like the idea of gems for gold... As I said...when you hit level 30...there's not that much left to do.
berzerker Green Sparx Gems: 156
#118 Posted: 01:02:21 26/03/2013
Big problem. My codes for Ninjini and Legendary Chill only worked one time. Not good. Please fix!
#119 Posted: 12:43:25 26/03/2013
Quote: berzerker
Big problem. My codes for Ninjini and Legendary Chill only worked one time. Not good. Please fix!

Same with ours, but if you have the Bluetooth portal it works
#120 Posted: 14:44:18 26/03/2013
Quote: scottiedog
Quote: berzerker

Same with ours, but if you have the Bluetooth portal it works

Thank you!!
#121 Posted: 01:35:26 30/03/2013
But...I don't have the Bluetooth portal!! They need to fix the code issue!!!!
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#122 Posted: 15:15:01 30/03/2013
Quote: Toleroh
Losing the opportunity to buy the Giants' houses really stinks for new players. I think it should be unlocked after reaching level 10 with the giant.

They're guaranteed to come back several more times "for a limited time," though. (Probably after they release all eight houses they'll cycle through them all again one at a time, and by that point they'll be ready to start adding features around the new game.) Things always sell better when they have a limited availability than if you can get them whenever you want.

Much like how the improved balloons have already been on sale at least FIVE different times, but there's still a spike in sales every single time they drop in price, and (more surprisingly) a number of people will still purchase them at FULL price instead of waiting a few weeks for the next "limited time" sale.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:56 30/03/2013 by Peridot Weapon
lschwartz0403 Red Sparx Gems: 10
#123 Posted: 17:18:10 01/04/2013
Can you please fix the bug that only lets you use a web code for one user with an Activision Account? My family plays Lost Islands (2 kids, 2 adults), and we have always been able to use the codes 4 times when we buy new characters. But since you introduced the Activision Account with social features, we can only use the codes 1 TIME! This is so not cool. I should not have to pay for characters that I ready own, and we should be able to use the code a reasonable number of times - not just once.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#124 Posted: 20:17:00 01/04/2013
Quote: lschwartz0403
Can you please fix the bug that only lets you use a web code for one user with an Activision Account? My family plays Lost Islands (2 kids, 2 adults), and we have always been able to use the codes 4 times when we buy new characters. But since you introduced the Activision Account with social features, we can only use the codes 1 TIME! This is so not cool. I should not have to pay for characters that I ready own, and we should be able to use the code a reasonable number of times - not just once.

Sadly this is not a bug (this is how activate works) it is the same in skylanders CP (and in that game it even tells you that a code will only work for 1 activate account)
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#125 Posted: 15:10:49 10/04/2013
Woah! With the latest update I cannot get into my island. It wants me to start over completely! I was excited for ninjini's house! Now I can't e in open it!
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#126 Posted: 16:22:00 10/04/2013
And there's a bug with the "Raise the Level Cap" quest. Looks like they coded it to trigger only when a Skylander hits level 12. Not to chack if they already had. I already had all of mine at level 12 when the update happened so I have no way to complete it and unlock Grizz.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:40 10/04/2013 by CrazyCanuck
mjbergg97 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#127 Posted: 18:26:26 10/04/2013
With the last update we got Mayor Grizz as a new companion. He requires 8 skylanders at level 12 to unlock. I already have 16 of my 22 skylanders at level 12, but he's still locked. I've force-closed the app and reopened it to no avail. I'm hoping that the next skylander that dings 12 (which is gonna be Spyro when he gets back from Dragon's Peak) will somehow trip the necessary parameter needed to qualify for the unlock. If he doesn't, I'm gonna be one sad panda.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#128 Posted: 18:43:56 10/04/2013
Quote: mjbergg97
With the last update we got Mayor Grizz as a new companion. He requires 8 skylanders at level 12 to unlock. I already have 16 of my 22 skylanders at level 12, but he's still locked. I've force-closed the app and reopened it to no avail. I'm hoping that the next skylander that dings 12 (which is gonna be Spyro when he gets back from Dragon's Peak) will somehow trip the necessary parameter needed to qualify for the unlock. If he doesn't, I'm gonna be one sad panda.

I've already got an escalated support case for that exact issue. You are lucky, yours will probably work. Likely they have a hook in the code that triggers when a Skylander hits level 12. When Spyro hits 12 for you it should fire. ALL of mine are level 12. It is impossible for me to set off that trigger.

Please post either way if it works for you when Spyro reaches 12.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:57 10/04/2013 by CrazyCanuck
#129 Posted: 22:21:32 10/04/2013
seriously,
how long do you think it will take them to fix this? How long has it taken before? This is my first big glitch in the game (other than the missing snowglobe) I hope it's soon!
GrandCannon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#130 Posted: 00:58:20 11/04/2013
Same here...all 'landers at Lvl 12 and he's still locked. So until this is (hopefully) fixed, going to hold off on any of the new missions which would waste all experience gained from them.......
iainbunt Red Sparx Gems: 11
#131 Posted: 10:10:18 11/04/2013
I just got a strange error when accessing the game that sais that there has been an issue loading my kingdom. All my progress has been lost. I play the ame with my six year old son who will be devastated! We had just unlocked the second last island and have 29 skylanders in play. To start again would be a nightmare. Is there any way of accessing a previous cloud save?
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#132 Posted: 11:17:57 11/04/2013
Quote: iainbunt
I just got a strange error when accessing the game that sais that there has been an issue loading my kingdom. All my progress has been lost. I play the ame with my six year old son who will be devastated! We had just unlocked the second last island and have 29 skylanders in play. To start again would be a nightmare. Is there any way of accessing a previous cloud save?

I have the exact same problem. I deleted the app and re downloaded it, logged in with activate and it restored progress, then it seemed to work for a while then bugged out again. Now even that doesnt work for me.
To say im devastated is an understatement. Its the gem purchases that cant be bought now that kills any thought of starting over.

Sob...
iainbunt Red Sparx Gems: 11
#133 Posted: 12:34:26 11/04/2013
Got my back up for now by deleting and re-installing
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:24:54 11/04/2013 by iainbunt
jmccarljr Green Sparx Gems: 186
#134 Posted: 16:01:51 11/04/2013
I had/am having the same issue, since patch, constantly booted from game for doing numerous different things, log back in and last few minutes of game not saved. Then can't log in at all, getting the can't load kingdom message. On the phone with activision customer service last night got it working again by logging out of activate, going into settings and clearing history from safari, deleting and reinstalling. Game worked for a while then started same issue again. Seems as though there is something not working with activate...trouble loading, doesn't seem to be saving data reliably.
---
Beware: For the toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!
GrandCannon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#135 Posted: 20:00:17 11/04/2013
Nice! Just logged in and asked for a restart and BAM! The Mayor goal popped upon restart! thanks for the quick turnaround!
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#136 Posted: 21:25:26 11/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Mayor Grizz should now unlock if you previously had owned 8 level 12 Skylanders. You should receive a prompt to download new content the next time you play. Thanks!
#137 Posted: 14:28:57 12/04/2013
Quote: jmccarljr
I had/am having the same issue, since patch, constantly booted from game for doing numerous different things, log back in and last few minutes of game not saved. Then can't log in at all, getting the can't load kingdom message. On the phone with activision customer service last night got it working again by logging out of activate, going into settings and clearing history from safari, deleting and reinstalling. Game worked for a while then started same issue again. Seems as though there is something not working with activate...trouble loading, doesn't seem to be saving data reliably.

Thanks for the advice. I tried this and it worked fine. Didnt realise i needed to dump the safari history as well.
Unfortunately ive permanently lost eyebrawl and thumpback houses. That really really hurts but better than starting again at level 1 i suppose.
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#138 Posted: 22:30:04 12/04/2013
My mabu are calculating incorrectly after I built some of the new houses and lighthouses. Is there a way to get the app to recalculate available mabu?
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
DominoToppler Red Sparx Gems: 49
#139 Posted: 14:37:32 17/04/2013
Hey Advisor Orville! Really cool that a dev is visiting these forums!! I always love it in online games when devs interact openly with the community.

A couple of suggestions:

- First and foremost, I wish there was a way for our work in the mobile games to impact our Skylanders' progress on the console games. Even if it's as simple as taking over the "Hero Level" stat from the soon-to-be-ending Skylanders Universe, I just want to feel like my time spent on the mobile apps is contributing to my figures. The coolest thing about Skylanders is how each figure's progress is stored on the figure itself, and I'd love for the mobile games to tie into that. That would make Lost Islands more than "just another farming game."

- Make the friend system more interactive somehow. I wish I had a specific idea, but I would love for the game to go beyond the current "gifts" and "invitations." Some mechanism to make me feel like I am really contributing to a friend's progress (and vice versa) would be nice. Something where I can open the game and get a smile on my face because there is visible evidence that a friend has visited and done something to help.

- Make it easier to keep track of quest objectives somehow. Again, I wish I had a better suggestion of how to do this - I just know that every time some trolls, sheep, etc. pop up I have to go through dozens of quests one by one trying to remember which Skylander had a quest to clear them.

- I think it would be neat if there was some benefit for having a "well organized" or "more habitable / good-looking / aesthetically pleasing" island. I know that would be difficult to gauge, but it would be neat if you could impact the Mogu's happiness based upon how much effort you put into making your islands look nice, which would give you some kind of bonus.

- Something like the Newsstand but for crops. It would be nice to be able to plant/harvest more easily.

- More types of crop fields / adventure balloons beyond the two currently available (regular or gem-bought). Other than getting the next community building, adding fields and balloons, and working towards unlocking the next island, I wish there were more things to work towards or upgrade.

- *** The other day I needed to rearrange my buildings and it can be incredibly tedious to move or sell roads in particular. Would be great if there was a "sell all roads" or "move all roads to inventory" option.

- As far as decorations, it would be cool if there was water (moats, rivers, ponds, etc.) to complement roads and other features.

- Again, my biggest comment is to somehow boost the social aspect of the game... More ways to interact with friends would be great.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Think outside the box and go beyond the current paradigm for these types of games and I'll keep playing!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:02 17/04/2013 by DominoToppler
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#140 Posted: 13:20:18 18/04/2013
I have a bug/glitch. I got a Quest to send Legendary Trigger Happy on Adventures. However, "Goal" doesn't appear on any of the adventures on my ballons when I use him, and no matter where I send him, he never gets credit on that Quest. Any ideas?

Also, how does the game determine what you win in the well? I have won the max gold prize many times, sometimes multiple times in a row, but I almost never win gems. Also, my son has been playing for as long as I have, and he is desperate to win the special Pop Fizz. I won it within a few days, while he's still hoping.

Thanks.
#141 Posted: 13:30:09 18/04/2013
Quote: DominoToppler
Hey Advisor Orville! Really cool that a dev is visiting these forums!! I always love it in online games when devs interact openly with the community.

A couple of suggestions:

- Something like the Newsstand but for crops. It would be nice to be able to plant/harvest more easily.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Think outside the box and go beyond the current paradigm for these types of games and I'll keep playing!!

Yeah, a farmhouse and farmer or something that could do crops in bulk would be sweet.

I wish the news stand was automatic. I thought it was when I blew 300 gems on Quigley, figuring I could farm XP while sleeping and at work. 300 gems just to save a few clicks seems like a gip. 300 gems to autofarm XP is a much better investment. That distinction should have been made clear in his description. I would have bought another shrine to get wish stones instead if I'd known.

Other than that, great game.

Also, I know several people had a problem when building the troll prison. No matter what I or my son or my dad tried to move or touch anything on the same island when it was building on each of our games, it grabbed or hit the prison. We had to move the prison to a different island to get anything done. Not a huge deal, but fixing that would be nice.
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#142 Posted: 23:25:11 18/04/2013
As described here, there is a bug with the "I am the Law Pt. 1" and "Mixmaster Haus" tasks, where they do not get completed even when the Troll Prison and Apothecary have been built.

Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update!

Thank you for listening to the fans of this (very addictive) game smilie
#143 Posted: 09:56:47 19/04/2013
My Quite the View Quest is also not updating. I've built two outposts and collected from both and not getting credit.

My Legendary Trigger Happy quest that won't update is called G-G-G-GOLD!, just so you know.

Thanks.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#144 Posted: 11:18:23 19/04/2013
One of my quests 'Time to Upgrade' isn't updating either. I've placed two Outposts on my islands after receiving the quest but the game has only recognized one of them.

Also my Snow Globe House has been glitched for some time. I can still collect exp from it but it looks like large white square. Can this get fixed too please?
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:26:08 19/04/2013 by Star Dragon
#145 Posted: 07:10:11 21/04/2013
Ninjini house and timed quest.

Please developer orville can you extend the time on this house and quest. Ninjini isnt released for sale in Australia until May 1 thus all Aussies are disadvantaged and caanot complete this quest.
#146 Posted: 11:37:15 21/04/2013
Quote: Aemi
Ninjini house and timed quest.

Please developer orville can you extend the time on this house and quest. Ninjini isnt released for sale in Australia until May 1 thus all Aussies are disadvantaged and caanot complete this quest.

If you have enough gems already, you can unlock Ninjini in the game and it will refund you the gems once you get the actual figure.
#147 Posted: 21:19:33 21/04/2013
How positive are you? Have you sucessfully had a gem refund? I bought a low gem cost item previously to test ths theory and it gave me gold instead. 150 gems is a lot to experiment on

Great idea if it will work.

I still think activision need to be careful about their timing. Lost islands is an extension of skylanders not the main game.
#148 Posted: 22:05:28 21/04/2013
It works, at least in the US version. I've bought three different Skylanders in the game. We later got the bluetooth portal, and when I put them on the portal, all my gems were refunded. Getting a refund on a Skylander is entirely different than selling back an in-game item like a house.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:48 21/04/2013 by bjornolf
#149 Posted: 23:25:22 21/04/2013
Quote: Aemi
How positive are you? Have you sucessfully had a gem refund? I bought a low gem cost item previously to test ths theory and it gave me gold instead. 150 gems is a lot to experiment on

Yes, it works with Skylanders through the portal, and presumably with web codes but I haven't tried that. I've redeemed two Skylanders so far that we had already unlocked in the game. I'm planning to do the same thing with Ninijini since the toy is not available yet here in the UK either! Hope this helps smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:52 21/04/2013 by beatrix71
#150 Posted: 06:01:59 01/05/2013
Advisor_Orville-

Do you think we can bring back gems to the wishing well? It's the only way people like my kids will be able to get giant houses. They missed out on Ninjini's house and were so disappointed, and I see no way they'll get enough gems to get Swarm's either without winning gems at the well.
Thanks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:33 01/05/2013 by bjornolf
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me